Apologies

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

33 | Apologies

 

 

***

 

 

A few hours later since Yuri lied on her bed, she's still wide awake. Instead of Jessica that should feel uncomfortable, it's her, as her mind is still moving in circles. She hasn't been like this since her examination to be a professional teacher. It's like an exam she couldn't understand that she couldn't figure or find the answer.

 

Checking the time via her smartphone, she groans and covered her face with her extra pillow. "Why can't I sleeeeeep?" And she wails mindlessly. But she immediately pushes the pillow down and turned her head to see Jessica sleeping peacefully. Her heart hasn't been in peace on the contrary.

 

Couldn't take it any longer, she shot up, kick herself out of the comforter and went out the room. She went downstairs and saw two of Yoona's staffs are still awake, busy playing a board game. They both give her a brief smile as she passes at them to proceed to the kitchen, searching for any drink might help her put to sleep. "Yoona sure the luckiest." She felt envy with her cousin for the first time because she always fell to sleep the moment, she had enough alcohol. While her, she does something crazy.

 

Closing the fridge after getting one bottle of fresh milk, she turns on her back just to see a lady, one of Yoona's staff, looking at her with seductive smiles. "What's up, Soobin-ssi?" She addressed her awkwardly.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Soobin asks as she approached her to have a closer look with the tan girl.

 

Yuri awkwardly smiles. "What is it?"

 

"What's your ideal type?" Soobin continued as she flips her hair and wink at her. Then she crosses her arms, smirking at her.

 

"I-I... deal type?" Yuri stammers, totally stunned with what just she did. She couldn't look at her in the eyes. "Well, I don't actually have. Just... I mean, if she makes me smile with only simple things. I don't put too much attention on character and appearance."

 

"Really? Well, I could be, right?"Soobin confidently put her hand on Yuri's shoulders and leaned in close to her face. She smiled sweetly and whispers, "Because you're my ideal type, Kwon Yuri." and then she slowly closes the gap of their lips.

 

Yuri's eyes widened and she immediately pushed the latter away. "T-Thank you, Soobin-ssi but... I need to go upstairs now." she bowed and hurriedly left the kitchen, leaving the girl dumbfounded.

 

A huge exhale escapes her lips as she safely and successfully entered the bedroom. "What was that?" She definitely thought she'll die if she let her eat her by the monster. She opens the bottle of milk, drinks the milk while making her way to her bed and sat down with another huge exhale. Glancing to the oblivious blonde sleeping, "Sheesh. Jessica Jung. This is your fault."

 

As if the blonde heard her voice, Jessica slowly opens her eyes but only to close it again.

 

"You're not sleeping, yet are you?" Yuri saw it and she get up, sat down to her bed and leaned down just inches away from her face to see if she will jerk or anything. Unfortunately, she can only hear her breathing. "Aigoo." Her heart flutters which made her smile. Unconsciously, she moves and their lips pressed for a couple of seconds before she pulled back, surprised with what just happened. 'I did not just... or did I? No, it was clearly her who moves, not me... ' she debated with her own conscience.

 

Getting up, she returned to her bed and put her bottle of milk to the night stand and cuddled with her pillow, smiling like a fool. She literally squeezed the pillow and scream mentally. She rolls over left and right like a child for the next 30 minutes.

 

After a while of spazzing over a peck, she closed her eyes unconsciously and finally fell asleep.

 

 

***

 

 

It was as if she's still dreaming, Yoona couldn't ask for more when she sees Seohyun is sleeping next to her. Her angel, she's the prettiest and she's making her happy undoubtedly. She moves closer, and be mesmerize again by her beauty. "If only things are always like this. I wouldn't mind." She said softly and slowly touches her cheeks with her palm. "If only things are as easy like this, I wouldn't mind not waking up by this dream." She gently rubs her cheek with her thumb, feeling the smoothness of her skin. It felt like really in heaven.

 

"Hey, beautiful, please stay by my side like this." She whispers, sweetly and lovingly. It's the best dream so far for her.

 

She then searches for her hand under the comforter and when she got it, she gently holds it, feeling warm with her hand against hers. "Even our hands fit so well. Isn't this cute?" She giggles and kisses her hand.

 

Bringing her hand over her chest, she closed her eyes and smile so wide. "Aigoo, this feels like forever."

 

"Chef Im, are you okay?" Suddenly, she heard Yeri's voice that caused her eyes to open and she turn, just to the younger girl, staring down at her with a worried face.

 

She blinks so fast trying and looked down to the hands on her chest and then to Yeri again with a confuse look. "You... Why are you here? This is my dream, Yeri."

 

Yeri raises her eyebrows. "Dream? You're... Still dreaming?" She's as confuses as the deer. "You're holding my sister's hand." And she noticed, pointing it to emphasize.

 

Yoona quickly let go and tried to understand the situation. Her heart keeps on telling her it's a dream but her mind is ironically telling her it seems a reality. "I..I am dreaming?!" Her eyes widened as she sits up. "Tell me I am dreaming!!!" She whines, feeling so disappointed and embarrassed at the same time. "This isn't reaaaal!!!" She shakes her body and then she slaps her own cheeks left and right which causes her to feel the pain.

 

Yeri chuckled. "Is that the result of your bumped head, Chef Im?"

 

"Bump? What are you talking about?"

 

"Last night, you bump your head after passing out due to alcohol." Yeri informs as she smiled in amusement. "It's okay Chef Im. I know you like my sister and I am super okay with that."

 

"Is Yoona, up?" Jessica's voice was heard and Yoona quickly grabs the comforter as she lied down and hide from it. "Yah! Im Yoona! You're up! Don't hide!" She literally laughs with what she saw.

 

Seohyun is slowly awake due to the noise and the constant movement. She sensed someone is watching her that caused her to turn and find two girls looking down at her with teasing smiles. "What's going on?" She let out a huge yawn as she stretches her arms and legs.

 

"Yoona is up, Unnie." Yeri said to inform.

 

With that said, Seohyun hastily turned to the other person next to her, only to be greeted by a girl hiding inside the comforter. "Yoona, are you alright now?" She tried to pull the comfort down but the latter is holding it firmly.

 

'Aish, why are they doing this to me?' Yoona thought while holding the comforter down, afraid they'll more, especially Yeri.

 

"What did you do to Yoona, Yeri?" Jessica ask in curiosity but also teasing the deer.

 

"What happened?" Seohyun got curious and she decided to sat up.

 

"I just greeted Chef Im, Unnie. Nothing else." Yeri said doesn't want to embarrass the deer even more.

 

"Anyway, before we actually could forget what should we supposedly do, let's have breakfast first together. Im Yoona, you guys follow, okay?" Jessica did not miss and call out the doe-eyed before she grabs Yeri's arm and drags her with her.

 

Seohyun turned her attention to the still hiding young chef under the comforter and gives her a pat. "Yoona-ssi, you feel good now? Don't you feel any headaches?"

 

Yoona was about to reply when she suddenly felt like puking. Without any response, she just went straight to the bathroom and throw up on the toilet.

 

"Just when I'm about to ask also." Seohyun said as she watched the young chef, feeling bad for her but at the same time she's glad she's now out of the bed. She did say anything anymore as she decided to leave to the kitchen and get her soup.

 

Yoona is breathing heavily as she stands on her feet, looking at her reflection to the mirror. "Aish, how did I end up drinking last night?" She barely could remember but her dream is still so clear for her. Not the one where she got embarrass though.

 

 

***

 

 

"Are we all ready?" Thanks to the soup Seohyun cooked for her, Yoona still manage to stand in front of everyone with a bright smile. "I think I've already explained enough the do's and don’ts." She added, eyeing each of her staffs and her friends at the same time.

 

"Yes, Chef Im!" Everyone chorused excitedly. And with that, they started their journey to the top of the mountain.

 

Yoona decided to let her staffs to lead them in the forest as she waits until she's the last. But she wasn't alone. Yuri also went to join her, as Jessica and Seohyun are ahead of them.

 

"What happened to you? I thought you quit drinking?" Yuri ask in concern as she put her hand on her cousin's shoulder.

 

"I was just having fun. Can't you pass that?" Yoona chuckled as she glanced to her cousin.

 

"Well, I can. But that will be the last time." Yuri reminded about their promise for each other.

 

"Sure." The doe-eyed smiled reassuringly.

 

"Last night was really great though." Seohyun decided to without stopping her walk. Listening to the conversation of the two behind them makes her want to speak as well. "It was fun and memorable. I hope we could do that dinner again." She took a glance behind and flashes a bright smile to Yoona.

 

"But what happened and you end up in our bedroom instead of Jessica?" Yoona finally had the chance to ask about it.

 

"You called for Seohyun's name, Yoona." Jessica beats the Kwon unconsciously from sharing it. "We thought you want her to stay by your side so she decided to stay last night." She smirks at her best friend only to receive a hit on her arm. She hits her back and the latter sends her playful glares.

 

"I-I... did?" Yoona is flustered with her own doings.

 

"You were too attached with her, eh? You even reach for her hand." Yuri added which made the deer blush and she giggles in satisfaction.

 

Seohyun blushed on her own but did not react. But her best friend grabs her by her shoulders and drags her along with her, she decided to fasten her pace, which caused the younger one to do the same. "Yah, slow down." But she sold her, since there are a lot of woods, stones on their path. When her best friend did not comply, she forcefully detach herself from her and just let her go ahead of her.

 

"Aren't they just the cutest?" Yuri is the happiest to see both people close to her heart happy in front of her eyes.

 

"Yes. And I love it." Yoona couldn't agree more. She's maybe broken when it comes to Seohyun and her feelings for her, she can't deny the fact that to see her happy, matters most.

 

Yuri suddenly thought of following them close so she runs ahead of her cousin.

 

"Tsk,tsk." Yoona shakes her head as she only continues her walk. She had been into mountain climbing and danger can't always be avoided. She soon caught up with Seohyun but felt shy when their eyes meet.

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun however took the opportunity she's alone with the deer. "I know why you were drunk last night." she confessed.

 

Yoona stopped on her tracks as well as the younger one. "What are you talking about?" She looked at her in confusion.

 

"I know what you're feeling right now. I mean, the uncertainty because-"

 

"I told you before, I'm willing to wait." Before Seohyun could continue, Yoona interrupted her. "What I did last night was only because I was having fun. And I haven't drink for a while. I missed it." She smiled, hoping it will stop the latter from pressing the topic.

 

Seohyun felt so bad and selfish. She realized she doesn't deserve what Yoona is giving to her with her heart's current situation. "I did not ask you to wait. I... I am really so sorry but-"

 

"I did not ask you to ask me as well." Yoona felt her chest tighten and she interrupted her again. She is afraid she will reject her without even trying. "Hey, just go with the flow, like the way we had fun last night." Without waitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter