Change

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

47

 

***

 

 

Jessica: There's an important breakfast meeting I'm going to attend. Sorry, I'll make it up to you next time. Love you, baby.

 

Yuri wasn't surprised with the text message she received at all while she's checking her unread messages. Even though her father-in-law has been discharged three days ago already, the latter was advised to take a leave from work for at least week, to give him time to rest.

 

Take care baby ;)

 

But she couldn't miss and reply.

 

Tossing her phone on the side of the bed, Yuri got off and headed downstairs, stretching her arms and legs right away while she's yawning so big. It's Saturday and she doesn't have any class. It's her rest day and she's about to flopped to the sofa when she heard a ringtone from nearby. She looked around the living room and found her fiancée’s other phone to one of the couches. Picking it up, her eyebrows raise to read Taeyeon's caller ID. "Okay, so Taeyeon knows this number too." mumbles her before pressing the answer button. "Ms Kim."

 

[Yuri?]

 

"Yes, Jessica forgot to bring her old phone." Yuri answered. "I thought we have made it clear about the halt wedding preparation?"

 

[Can you guys reconsider it? I mean, we're almost there.]

 

"We haven't even decided for the date. I'm sorr Taeyeon. Until things aren't back to normal yet, we'll have to pause the preparation."

 

[Okay. I'm just thinking it's better to continue. Anyway, I'll patiently wait then.]

 

"I've wired half of the payment we have discussed so I hope it could help you with whatever you're going through right now, Taeyeon-ssi." Yuri could somehow understand.

 

[Thanks. Have a good day.]

 

The call ended and Yuri sigh. "Don't even know when will the wedding be. Aigoo." She finally flopped herself to the sofa lazily and opened the tv to accompany herself.

 

But a few minutes later, she heard the doorbell rang. She hastily got up and check who's outside through the intercom. "What the heck Seohyun is doing here?" She's surprised to see her with her dog in her arms. "I thought we'll meet in 2 days for her proposal?" She headed outside and opened the gate for her.

 

"Yah, what brings you here?"

 

"Is Jessica inside?" Ask Seohyun right away.

 

"She's working right now. Wae?"

 

"Good." Smiling victoriously, Seohyun stepped inside, passing at Yuri right away as she went to the house completely.

 

"Are you going to ask me look after your dog?" Yuri can already sense it since Seohyun put Poppo down.

 

"Nope. I want to spend a little time here." Seohyun replied as a matter.

 

"And why?" Yuri raised her eyebrows while crossing her arms.

 

"I don't want to see that costumer of our cafe that annoys me." Seohyun reasoned taking her seat on the couch. "I mean there's this old man two days ago that keeps coming back to our cafe. He will stay there and watch me as I work. Seriously his eyes are so... Aish, he's annoying with his stares. I feel like he's a y. So, I ask the barista to call me right away if that man comes again even without me. So, I can call the police."

 

"Doesn't Yoona knows about this?" Yuri ask as she took her seat next to Seohyun. "You should be there instead so you can catch him." She advises.

 

"I haven't mentioned this to Yoona but maybe when I caught him. I don't want to worry her."

 

"Nonsense. Yoona deserve to know so she can protect you. Not you coming to me rather. Tsk." Yuri shakes her head in disbelief.

 

"Yah, it's not also because of that I'm here. It's also because of this." Seohyun turned to get something from her small sling bag and showed the brochure to Yuri. "I need an opinion about the rings design. I don't know which one Yoona will love."

 

"What? You seriously came here for this?" Yuri chuckled as she took the brochure from her ex-girlfriend's hand and check the designs.

 

Seohyun scooted closer and pointed at a simple diamond ring. "I like this one. But if you were Yoona, what do you think will she choose?" She looked at her with nearly their faces close.

 

Yuri blinked a couple of times as she realized how close they were. But she quickly returned her attention to the designs. "I know Yoona is just simple when it comes... To stuffs. So..." She pauses she finds herself choosing for what's best simple design. "Aish, this is hard. There are too many."

 

"That's what I am talking about."

 

"Then just choose what you pointed earlier. You got her size, right?"

 

"Yes, while she's asleep early this morning." Seohyun grinned. It was really a good morning for her always when she wakes up before her lovers do. But she got happier when she got her ring size successfully without waking the doe-eyed up.

 

"Wow you're so fast with that. Ugh, now I'm jealous. I didn't even have the chance to buy and choose for a ring for Jessica because of our stupid parents."

 

"Isn't that great? You are worry free."

 

Yuri scoffs. "I would rather be concerned over buying of rings than to receive a gift as an engagement ring." She sighs afterwards. "Didn't even get to experience the planning for proposal."

 

"Well, you're planning with me." Seohyun reminded.

 

"Not for me but for you and Yoona. Ugh, you know what I realized? The whole engagement is a game. It wasn't like our own will to marry already. But I love Jessica... And I promise to marry her anytime soon... Just a bit sad that I did nothing for her. It was all from our parents. Aigoo..."

 

"Are you think what I am thinking?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows as something tells her Yuri is now thinking twice to continue the engagement she had with Jessica.

 

"I just feel it right now okay? Because I am helping you with your proposal with my cousin."

 

"We're just the same though." Seohyun sighs as she leaned her back to the sofa. "Remember the gown fitting? When I saw Yoona wearing the fine suit, I imagine myself I was her bride. Then when I saw you and Jessica standing in front of us, I got envy as Jessica's best friend. It urges me to finally have this plan because I think it's the right time for me to marry too. Not only for I love Yoona and I can see us growing old together but also for myself... I mean, I'm old enough and I have a job, stable now with life... The only thing what's left is to get married... And I'm marrying the person that always makes me happy just by thinking of her. The person who never got exhausted of loving me despite that year we were apart. That person, that gorgeous woman, Im Yoona. I'm so lucky to have her as my girlfriend." Seohyun tilt her head and sweetly smiled at Yuri.

 

Yuri is speechless. She suddenly felt jealous over Yoona after hearing it from her ex-girlfriend. Will she tell those words also if they never broke up? Seohyun just unconsciously remind her that she once fell for her and that they dated for years. The pang of jealousy felt wrong that she quickly turned her attention to the photos of rings.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun noticed the silence right and asks curiously.

 

"You want to drink some juice? Or coffee?"

 

"A tea would be good."

 

"Right away." Yuri get up and left to the kitchen so she can finally breath and physically smack her foreahed. She scolded herself mentally a few times before she prepared Seohyun the tea.

 

Meanwhile Seohyun is watching Poppo playing around the living room, making sure as well that she won't be biting any stuffs.

 

"I really think you should just stick to the design you like too." Yuri returned not long after and handed the tea.

 

Seohyun was about to react when her phone rings. She hastily took it out from her sling bag and gasps to see Yoona is calling. "Yoongie." And she answered right away as she hushes Yuri.

 

[Where are you?]

 

"Cafe."

 

[I'm at the cafe.]

 

"Wha-what are you doing there?"

 

[Yah, where are you really? The barista said you left to avoid an old man.]

 

"I'm at... " Seohyun pause as she made eye contact with Yuri who mouthed her to tell the truth. "J-Jessica and Yuri's place. I thought of hanging out with her while I am-"

 

[I already reported the man. You can return now. Or should I fetch you.]

 

"No, I have my car. I'll head there now."

 

[Jessica is there?]

 

"Nope. She's working."

 

[So, it's only you and Yuri there?]

 

"Yes. We just-" Seohyun was taken aback when the call ended right before she can explain. She knows Yoona had been feeling strange. "I need to go. I think I will really just stick with my choice. Thanks Yuri." She said and give the tea one sip only. She picks up Poppo in her arms and hurriedly left with Yuri following to open the gate for her. "I'll just call you." She said out loud as she stepped into the car.

 

Yuri sighs in relief and close the gate without waiting for her to drove off. She lazily returned to the couch with a pout on her face. 'Yeah, just jealous of the fact that my engagement is like arranged.' And heavy heart.

 

 

:::

 

 

Upon arriving at the cafe, Seohyun hastily look for her doe-eyed girlfriend but didn't see her. She asks the barista and the latter told her she left when a friend found her.

 

"Did you hear where are they going?" ask Seohyun in curiosity and also wanted to know who's the friend.

 

"I didn't. But I heard the name of the friend is... Go Ara?"

 

"I never heard that name."

 

"She's maybe a college friend."

 

"Thanks Ms. Choi." Seohyun flashes a friendly smile and left to her car, calling Yoona immediately but the latter isn't picking up. "Aish, she must be upset or jealous." She could tell since the latter had been telling her to spend time with her if she's free. Turning on the engine, she carefully drives off. Something tells her Yoona brought her friend to her restaurant.

 

 

:::

 

 

Jessica jumped in surprised when she saw who's outside her office while peeking through the glass wall. She almost dropped her tumbler but she hastily headed out. "Yah, come inside, what are you doing there?" She gestures right away and the young professor fiancée of hers immediately complied, following her inside.

 

"You're not that busy anymore?" Ask Yuri looking around the office of her busy woman.

 

"Not quiet. But I have a meeting later." Jessica replied, putting her tumbler down as she reached for Yuri's hand and pulled her close so she can wrap her arms around her neck, sweetly smiling at her. "Thanks for coming." Whispers her.

 

Yuri casually wraps her arms around her waist and gently peck at Jessica's lips. "It's lonely at home without you. It's weekend why can't you rest with me?" Her voice sounds sad.

 

"Soon, but for now, let's be patient." Jessica softly says, leaning in so she can rest her head on her shoulder. Her body needs some comfort at the moment after such a stressful morning with the company's board of directors. She's glad she has Yuri to comfort her and be by her side whenever she needs her. "I'm sorry."

 

"Don't mention it. That's nothing." Yuri sighs. She and Jessica started swaying their bodies without music. "There's nothing I can do." She whispers sighing again.

 

Jessica sense something weird and pulled back to look at her fiancée in worry. "Are you alright?"

 

"Yes, why?" Yuri chuckled lightly.

 

"You sound sad... And looked a bit off."

 

"No, I'm not. I think just feeling gloomy because it rained on my way here." Yuri lied as she pulled Jessica again for a tight embrace.

 

"It rained? I didn't notice." Jessica looked outside and it's cloudy but there's no hint that it rained.

 

"Taeyeon called by the way."

 

"Wae?"

 

"She called your old number." Yuri added and pulled back again a little to see Jessica's face. "She called asking you reconsider about pausing the preparation."

 

"I see. I think she was surprised."

 

"Totally. But I understand. She doesn't have any client besides us, I guess."

 

Jessica holds Yuri through her cheeks and leaned in to kiss her affectionately. "We will continue it soon, don't worry."

 

"I know." Yuri flashes a reassuring smile. She held Jessica's hand give it a kiss without breaking their gazes.

 

"So, when is Seohyun proposing? Yoona has actually stopped asking me for help." Jessica shares. "I guess it's because there's still three months before her girlfriend's license examination."

 

"Monday. She'll do it on their dinner date."

 

"You know all the details, right?"

 

Yuri nodded proudly. "I was the one who helped her either way."

 

"It's a bit odd. I mean, she's your ex but you helped her do the planning for the proposal. But I like it." Jessica giggles as she finds it adorable at the same time.

 

"You do because it's your best friend. You always want to see her the happiest." Yuri chuckled but it's the truth too.

 

"Yeah, of course. Wait, should we eat some black bean noodles?"

 

"Jajamyeon?"

 

Jessica nodded. "Yeah, that." as she got shy for not knowing the name. "I forgot the name. Hehehe." she snickers.

 

"Ugh, you made me crave right away. Wait, I'll order." Yuri took her phone out right away and ordered the food in an app easily. "Done. Should I order pizza too?"

 

Jessica pinched Yuri's cheeks and giggles. "That's enough."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter