Silence

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 | Silence

 

***

 

"Who would have thought?"

 

Jessica pause when she heard the doe-eyed girl chuckling. "What do you mean?" It had been a while since they got comfortable having lunch together, not minding about Krystal's plan in getting them back. They just talk casually about stuffs they missed about each other.

 

"Who would have thought that you are friends with Seohyun." Yoona continued her words. "I wasn't expecting anything to be honest. I just want to save her from that 'ghost' people are scared last night. Then this happened..." she's still in disbelief but her smile is apparent.

 

"Yeah, Didn't expect you are Yeri's employer and you seem to be really close her older sister now?" Jessica can feel something weird with the deer's smile. "Tell me, you have yet to date anyone since we dated?" She got curious. Now that she is aware Yuri and her ex-girlfriend are close relatives, she has now confidence with Yuri.

 

Yoona chuckles. "Why are you asking? Coming from someone I used to date?"

 

"I just noticed you are smiling talking about her. Come on, it's not hard to like my best friend."

 

"Um, speaking of us..." Yoona change the subject. She trails off as she finds a new courage to do what she's supposed to do. "I'm... Really so sorry about it. I'm sure you are upset that I lied about my reason from leaving the country. Technically, it was my plan to follow my parents but Grandma have change my mind. So I end up being like this."

 

"You already told me earlier. And I understand that. No need to bring it back. I mean, what matters most is today - you are happy with your success and I am happy to see it. No more bitterness, okay?" Jessica smiled, reassuringly.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Im Yoona. It's been years and I have moved on completely. No hard feelings. Well, I'm surprised with the real reason but would do the same if I am not happy with my parents' decisions for me. I am impressed that you were able to continue what you dream of despite their contradiction."

 

Yoona is flattered and relieved with her ex-girlfriend's reaction. "Thank you."

 

"Why are you thanking me? I think I should be saying sorry as well because I was the one who doesn't want to continue our relationship that time." Jessica said as a matter of fact.

 

"I will actually do the same. I don't think I could patiently wait for someone who's not by my side. I learned my lesson to be honest. I don't want to do that anymore to someone I care and love. I would never do that to my future wife." Yoona playfully said at the end of her words.

 

"Ha! Better be!" Jessica chuckles. "And I can sense you are interested with my best friend." and back.

 

"What are you talking about?" Yoona took her glass of juice and have a sip of it to avoid the teasing eyes from her previous girlfriend.

 

Jessica scoffs. "I know you, Im Yoona. Just keep denying it. I will confirm it soon." she then returned to her meal, casually with one last teasing stare to the deer.

 

"So... we're okay now, Sica?"

 

"Yah!" The blonde got annoyed and she hits the deer's shoulder. "How many times I will tell you that everything had been so fine for me. Or... do you still have feelings for me? Omo." She widened her eyes dramatically. "Is it, Im Yoona?"

 

"Geez, why would I say sorry If I still have feelings for you? I just felt bad for what happened, okay? You can't blame me."

 

Jessica nodded slowly. "I see... But with all honesty, what happens from the past will stays in the past. Let's focus on our present for our future, okay?"

 

"We can still be friends, right?"

 

"No." Jessica stuck her tongue.

 

"What?!" Yoona frowns. "I thought-"

 

"I'm just kidding. Why would I prevent us from being friends, eh? When we are friends before we dated each other." Jessica wiggles her eyebrows and smiles sweetly to the deer. She can't deny the fact that Yoona has been part of her life and there's no way she's going to ignore the offer of being friends again, after all the years have passed.

 

"Yeah, I agree with you. You almost got me." The deer laughs, feeling more relieved now. And she can't think of any reason for the blonde to ignore what she asks. They're good friends after all. "By the way, what's with you and my cousin?" She casually asks as she took a big bite on her salad.

 

"She's a friend."

 

"Really?" It's Yoona's turn to ex-girlfriend, only to receive a kick on her knee and she eventually laugh.

 

"Shut up, Im Yoona. You know better than teasing me with your cousin." Jessica threatened, but her cheeks are blushing profusely.

 

Yoona close and made a zip gesture on her lips, indicating she will now stop from teasing the latter. She returns to her meal again, just like the blonde is doing. "Thanks again. I think if Krystal didn't set us up, I wouldn't know how do you feel about our breakup. I felt relax and like a thorn is being pulled out from my throat, now that everything is alright between us." But she can't stop thanking Jessica, because she obviously has grown up now, and it's only her who has slightly live from the past, because of what she has done to them.

 

"Some relationships are really meant like that. I'm glad both of us have actually come a long way now... and I can see you have matured, just like me. And I'm so happy we have both moved on." Jessica replied with a warm smile she flashes to her former girlfriend.

 

"Not all relationships ended like this, so I felt lucky at the same time." Yoona shared with a happy smile.

 

"You haven't dated anyone other than me indeed." Jessica once again nodded. "So I suggest, if you are interested with Seohyun, make sure you don't hurt her. Or you know who will give you more than just a kick, araso? Geez!"

 

Gulping nervously, Yoona bobs her head frantically. 'Something has never changed.' And she confirms, the ice princess is still an ice princess.

 

"She's too precious for me, so you can't expect me just watching." Mumbles Jessica and gives her ex-girlfriend her last icy glares that causes the deer to nervously smile.

 

While they're busy on their own world, Krystal and Yeri who are watching from the side, can't leave their posts. Both are in disbelief with how they looked really close, in contrast to what they acted last night.

 

'Otoke, so Seohyun Unnie will have a problem about this.' Yeri is especially worried for her sister, who she knew has this denial that she's not interested with the doe-eyed.

 

'I hope this will be the first step for more.' Krystal on the other hand is happy to see her favorite unnie is now back and looked like she still has feelings for her sister. She would be the happiest Jung sister if they date again.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri pulled her car over, in front of a cafe, where she saw Seohyun went inside. After a quiet an hour of chasing the cab she took, she finally comes to an end. "Is she working here?" And she wonders if she just dropped by to have a drink or she's working there. After what she witnessed from Yoona's restaurant, she felt like she needs to ask her ex-girlfriend about them, since she arrived first.

 

She unbuckles her seat belt and steps out of the car however and took a deep breath in and slowly out, as she heads calmly to the cafe. She looks around and saw few costumers having their own drinks. But none of them has her ex-girlfriend. 'Where is she? I thought she went here?' as she started walking around in further search, she stopped halfway when she saw in the corner, alone. But she doesn't look like she's enjoying a drink. She looked like she's busy computing and writing on that paper. 'Does this means... she works here?' She asks to no one in particular. But before she can forget her intention, she walks a little nervous now, towards the woman she used to date for years. She then cleared as she stood in front of her.

 

"I'm busy, Miss. Please proceed to the counter." Said Seohyun without stirring away her focus on her work from the unknown costumer that caught her senses.

 

"Ahem. Seohyun, do you have a minute?" Yuri decided to just speak.

 

Seohyun looked up, just to see the tan girl, wearing a smile towards her. "What-what are you doing here?" That got her by surprised.

 

"You saw me earlier. You shouldn't be surprised." Yuri took her seat across the younger girl. "I wanted to talk about Yoona and Jessica." she immediately dropped the topic.

 

"What do you want to know?" Seohyun is in disbelief, Yuri followed her just to ask about the deer and her best friend. "I don't have any idea what they're doing there." But she quickly told her as a matter of fact and she returned to her work.

 

"You saw it too... they're so close with each other... when in fact, they introduced their selves to one another. Like they don't know each other."

 

"Why would you want to know about them?" Seohyun put the pen down as she turned her attention to the tan girl. She's quiet annoyed that Yuri has to disturb her.

 

"Aren't you curious? They both obviously are lying to us." Yuri stated as a fact with some hand gestures.

 

"Who knows they just meet there? And they decided to have lunch together?" Seohyun's voice raises in bitterness.

 

Yuri is taken aback. "W-Wait, why do you sound like you don't like seeing me here?" And it quickly got her senses. "Or... do you have any problem right now?"

 

"I don't have! You're just obviously disturbing me, KWON YURI." Seohyun shouted and she took the papers from the table, getting up and taking her seat to the next table. "So please, just leave. We both are puzzled with what happened back there." She said without hesitating. Part of her also is upset with Yoona, because she lied, and so as her best friend. But what she can't really accept, the deer did not even call her that they're not going to have lunch together. That's making her mood a little bad at the moment.

 

"Yeah, of course. I mean, both you and I also lied last night." Yuri can't help and mention it.

 

"I did that because I don't want everyone in the table to feel awkward." Seohyun muttered without giving her ex-girlfriend a look. It's not also just about Yoona and her best friend, she also can't give Yuri her attention since she hasn't forgotten what she has done to her. She doesn't want everyone to learn that she's the girl who dumped her after years of 'long distance relationship'. It's a mixed of emotions at the moment for her. But Yuri doesn't have to know.

 

"Chincha? Well, was it because of what happened?" Yuri figured the reason her ex-girlfriend couldn't give her attention, that she looked like she's avoiding her.

 

"It's been years, it's non sense." Seohyun denied and grit her teeth afterwards.

 

"Something tells me it's because of that. Can I talk to you about that?" Yuri realizes it's a good chance for her bring up the past that she has yet to apologize.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Just leave please, I'm busy." And she gives her a brief eye-contact. "You don't want me causing a scene in my own cafe, do you? Kwon Yuri?"

 

"Okay." Yuri nodded in understanding. "But can I get your number? I want to talk to you some time, if you're not busy anymore." 'And if you're calm already.' she thought at the same time. She really can feel she is not okay around her, and she what she did from the past is the reason of it.

 

Sighing in defeat, Seohyun took her phone and handed it.

 

Yuri gladly took her smartphone and rings her own device. "If you need someone to talk to, you know you can contact me every time you want... or if you are ready to talk about us... I'll be just one call away." she said softly, handing her phone back and she stood, bowing in front of her former girlfriend.

 

Seohyun didn't respond and just let the tan girl leave. However, she suddenly changed her mind. She hastily got up and chases Yuri. "Wait."

 

"What?" Yuri raises her eyebrows.

 

"Tonight. I think it's a good chance." Seohyun said and flashes a small smile before she returns. She took her phone and sent Yuri a message as she took her seat.

 

The young professor just got inside her own car when her phone vibrated on her pocket. Her lips curved into a small smile as she reads the message.

 

Seohyun: Let's meet at the park.

 

"Something has never changed." She softly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter