It's Meant To Be [final 1.2]

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

50

 

 

***

 

 

"You're kidding me, right?"

 

"Do I look like I am?" Jessica countered immediately doesn't like how Yuri sounds like.

 

Yuri is confused and couldn't find any words to say. She just stared at Jessica for a minute and looked down to her plate. "Why.. would... you-you do that?"

 

"You... you're still courting me. How would you continue if I'm not with you?" Jessica reasoned and hastily took her seat back. She still looked at her with glares. "Now what?"

 

"Jessica you don't understand." Yuri finds herself staring back at the blonde. "I will be away because-"

 

"So you will just forget about me? Yoona and Seohyun?"

 

Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Yuri finally understand what's going on and she chuckles. "Okay, I see where this is going. But you're wrong, going to another place doesn't mean I will forget about you right away. And it doesn't mean I will stop courting you. I still can do it by sending-"

 

"Personal court is better." Jessica interrupted. "I know it's a big opportunity you're facing but... how about us?"

 

Yuri is more than confused. "There's... us?" she wasn't even thinking of it and it just hit her.

 

"Yah." Jessica slapped the table. "Isn't it obvious? I don't want you to leave because I'm afraid to let go of you. But how am I going to stop you from leaving? So, I am going with you. I don't want a long-distance relationship." she ended it firmly. It's time for her to show and tell how much she means to her. Even though there's still a little fear part of her, there's nothing wrong to give them another chance. Who knows third time is a charm will happen? "So... wha-what?"

 

Yuri finally smiled and cheeks turning red. "How.. how about.... your work?" But she wanted to make sure she's not going to be the hindrance of her own career she loves as well. "Long distance relationship might always work for some couple... but we could try. If not, then I'll be the one going back to you, not you sacrificing what you love here."

 

"You could do that?" Jessica didn't expect to hear it. Indeed, there are sacrifices to be made just like how Yoona prefers to stay in Seoul and be with Seohyun.

 

Taking Jessica's hands across the table, Yuri couldn't looked away from the woman's gazes in front of her. She's as if telling her to tell something that will give her assurance in the future. "I can do it... if you let me." she softly told her. "But like what I said, I can't promise for what's ahead of us, just give me a chance, let's give ourselves a chance to prove to others that we can work on a distance relationship. I swear if this doesn't work, then you have to curse me forever." she means every word she says. "And I'll gladly accept it."

 

Jessica looked at their hands and stares back at Yuri. Her heart is telling her not to agree or accept what Yuri is thinking but there's her mind who wants to challenge herself and her love for the woman she loves. She is taking time to process everything until she come up with a decision. "Five years. Only five years, then you have return."

 

"What?" Yuri chuckled didn't expect. "I-"

 

"I know you, if you like something, you will go for it, especially if it's making you happy, if whatever you do is doing well. And it's your passion to begin with." Jessica further explained. "But better if you'll stay there for only months, not a year or two or five. But thinking ahead, just five years, okay? You have to return to me and stay for good." she held Yuri's right cheek with her palm. "I love you so much that I care about more for your happiness than mine."

 

"Jessica." Yuri could only smile proudly. Those words are just so overwhelmed for her. So she got up and walked behind her to hug her and give her kisses on her cheeks. "I love you that much too that I want you to just stay here..."

 

"I'm still going with you though." Jessica corrected.

 

"Eh?" Yuri looked at her puzzled.

 

"I have to make sure that you're staying in a good place and I can reach you always. Also, to make sure no every single soul will tempt you there." Jessica warned, sending glares to Yuri.

 

Laughing softly, Yuri can't help and pinched her cheeks and squeeze her from behind. "I don't mind. You know I'm so in love with you." and she kissed her cheeks again.

 

Getting up, Jessica turned and wrap her arms around Yuri's waist and and rested her head on her chest. "Let's sleep together tonight." She whispers, not planning to let go of her.

 

"I was about to ask that." Yuri whispers back, giving loving kisses on Jessica's head. Her lips curved into the widest smile as she flutters so much with Jessica hugging her. She missed being in her arms. But she misses kissing her again that she pulled a little to gently capture her lips and kiss her fervently, which Jessica responded the same.

 

-

 

Waking up in the middle of the night, Yuri's lips unconsciously smiled happily as she can see Jessica is sleeping on her chest with arms wrap on her waist. She's so clingy since the announcement about her leave. She loves it but also gives her the responsibility to take every word she said into reality. But she's definitely going to miss her every day and every night.

 

Jessica suddenly moves her head with her lips pursing forward, she couldn't help and peck on it, giggling at the same time. But much to her surprised, the latter opened her eyes and took time to finally recognize her. A sweet yet the prettiest smile formed in Jessica's lips as she pecks on Yuri's lips then returned to sleep.

 

'Is she dreaming?' Yuri find it adorable and pinch her cheeks.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun let out such a huge yawn as she stretches her arms and was about to leave the bed when she reminded her ankle injury. She immediately checks on it and sighs in relieved upon seeing it's back to normal. She turned her head on the left just to see Yoona is still sleeping with lips agape and saliva is dripping from the corner of . She looks funny but still beautiful.

 

"Err, she's really so exhausted.... " But her cheeks flushed when she also reminds herself that last night, she and Yoona finally did it for the first time. They had a long night but everything is great. "Aigoo." she cupped her face and shakes her head.

 

Yoona moved to the side and unconsciously pulling the comforting down, exposing her to her fiancée.

 

Seohyun hastily pulled the comforter up to cover her. "Aish, wake up, Yoongie." She shakes her gently. "It's almost... ah yeah, it's Saturday." But she realized it's weekend, no reason for her lover to wake up early. She decided to lay back next to her. "Look how beautiful you are." she and admires the ring on her finger. Her heart is fluttering once again, staring at it with the brightest smile.

 

Turning her body on the opposite side, Yoona's left arm sneaks on Seohyun's waist as she hugs her again without breaking whatever dream she's in.

 

Seohyun rubs the doe-eyed's arm and tilt her head to sweetly kiss her forehead. Her finger made its way to her lover's ring and give it gentle rubs. "My precious sleeping beauty." she whispers.

 

 

:::

 

 

Pulling over the car, Yuri and Jessica immediately saw Yoona and Seohyun's car being parked outside the cafe. Both raises their eyebrows as they have no idea they will come. They stepped out of the car and meet halfway to take each other's hands as they walked inside the cafe, only to see the stuffs they have brought last night are now being organized well, including the tables and chairs and the walls are being painted.

 

"Yoona?" Jessica called out so loud.

 

"Seohyun?" And so, as Yuri as they look for them, until they found them at the storage.

 

"Congratulations!" Yoona and Seohyun both exclaimed as they greeted the couple, surprising them both. They're holding the cake in front of them with happy smiles.

 

"Seriously?" Yuri checked what's written on the cake just to read; congratulations on getting back together! "Who told you guys?"

 

Yoona and Seohyun both pointed at Jessica.

 

"Hehe, I'm sorry. I was so happy that I called Seohyun this morning." Jessica explained with a sheepish smile. "Also, I told them about your New York flight tonight. No, actually our flight." she reminded after booking a flight the same as Yuri's. She pulled her as she side-hugged her, only to see her smiling and giggling.

 

"Wow, I don't know what to say anymore. You guys are the cutest couple." said Yoona as she couldn't stop from smiling.

 

"What about us, Yoongie?" ask Seohyun with a cute pout.

 

"Of course we are the cutest of the cutest my fiancée." Yoona giggles, pinching her fiancée’s cheeks and everyone laughs. "Let's get this party started!" But she hastily announced.

 

"Whoaaa!!!" Yuri, Jessica and Seohyun put their hands up in the air.

 

"But no alcohol." However, Seohyun reminded them. "So, I just bought cola and sprite." she added which made for everyon to laugh and they leave the storage room.

 

-

 

nowplaying: stuck with u (justin &ariana)

 

"There's nowhere we need to be, no, no, no I'ma get to know you better~ Kinda hope we're here forever There's nobody on these streets."" Seohyun began to sing the song that was playing in the cafe while she's apparently grilling their meat. It'll be boring if they only party with the coffee or any sweets so they brought a grilling to the place and is having a barbecue party.

 

"If you told me that the world's endin' Ain't no other way that I can spend it." Yoona sings the next part while she's helping her fiancée. She couldn't help and smile to Seohyun sitting across her because of the lyrics but she ends up admiring her beauty with her hair ponytailed and is wearing her favorite banana sweat shirt. Her attention turned to Jessica and Yuri who are on their own worlds, dancing to the song, hugging each other.

 

"Oh, oh, oh, ooh Got all this time in my hands." Yoona and Seohyun instinctively did the song together. "Might as well cancel our plans I could stay here forever."

 

Yuri and Jessica looked at them in amused.

 

"You two will be singers in the future." Jessica commented as she giggles.

 

"Yoona's the soprano." Yuri jokes earning a laugh from Seohyun while Yoona send her a brief glare.

 

"But you know what, that can be Yuri. I mean, last night, she can really hit high notes. She literally filled up the entire bedroom." Seohyun said as she sent meaningful stares to Yoona who stuck her tongue.

 

"You guys had karaoke?" ask Jessica, curiously.

 

"Yup." Yoona smiled proudly. "And it was so great. That was the best karaoke." she wiggles her eyebrows in the process.

 

Seohyun giggles, kicking her fiancée under the table gently.

 

"Tsk, while we just sleep immediately." shares Yuri. She and Jessica are both exhausted with the cafe that they went home to Jessica's apartment just to sleep immediately. She pouted at Jessica in her arms earning a poke on her nose. She kissed her forehead and hugs her again as she returned swaying their bodies again.

 

"Yeah, there's a lot of stuffs to do but good thing you guys have arranged them well. Thanks, Hyun, Yoong." Jessica told the couple without stopping the dance. She put her arms around Yuri's neck again as they enjoy the dance, sweetly.

 

"So, go ahead and drive me insane Baby, run your mouth, I still wouldn't change." Yoona continued singing. She feeds her fiancée with a wrapped lettuce of the meat.

 

"All this lovin' you, hatin' you, wantin' you I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with You, oh, oh." And Seohyun joined her, smiling lovingly at her while chewing with the food.

 

-

 

"Kwon Yuri! Kwon Yuri! Kwon Yuri!" Everyone is cheering on her to drink the glass of cola after she chooses dare instead of truth. It's her second time though and her stomach is already full but there's nothing she can do. She wanted the game to be fun so she chooses dare and here she is, drinking the glass.

 

"Hell Yeaaah!!!" Jessica is proud watching her girlfriend. While Yoona and Seohyun are watching with grimace on their faces.

 

Yuri literally exhales so loud after she drank it one go. She almost puke if she didn't hold it back. "Aish, spin it again."

 

Seohyun spins the bottle on the table. As someone who hasn't been pointed, she wishes for it to finally stopped in front of her but it didn't point at her, it pointed at Yoona for the second time.

 

"Truth." Yoona bravely said.

 

"Okay since it was Yuri earlier, I'll ask you this time." Jessica takes her turn. "And this goes between us." She smirks at her best friend who only smiled slyly at her. "Okay, remember the first date, Yoongie?"

 

"Our first anniversary date?" Yoona raised her eyebrows.

 

"Yes. I still don't know why you were late that time. I don't even think it was because of the traffic." Jessica said curious if there's a story behind it. It was her and Yoona's first date as a couple.

 

Yoona briefly made an eye-contact with Seohyun next to her before she decided to spill it. "Well, I really lied with that." She smiled and took Seohyun's hand as she continued. "I was late because my dad scolded me."

 

"Scolded you with what?" Seohyun asks which cause Yuri and Jessica smile at her curiosity.

 

"I didn't do with what she told me to do. She got mad and we have a little verbal fight. You know how he always wanted me to take over the company, he asks me that night before to study the company's new project but I didn't. So, the next day when he asks me about it, I told him I fell asleep early and that started our fight." Yoona explained as she smiled genuinely at Jessica. "So now you know, let me spin the bottle." Without waiting for their reaction, she spins it and for the third time it pointed at Yuri.

 

"Ugh, come on." Yuri groaned and they laugh at her.

 

"It's okay baby. Now truth or dare?" Ask Jessica, briefly tapping her girlfriend's cheek.

 

"Fine truth this time. I don't want to cancel my flight tonight with stomachache." Yuri chuckled and she readies herself for her cousin's question.

 

"Have you ever thought of asking Seohyun about marriage when you guys were still together?" Yoona dared to asks earning a hit from her lover and she just stuck her tongue.

 

Yuri smile giddily. "I did." And she confessed without doubts.

 

"Chincha?" Jessica did not expect it.

 

"If it wasn't for our parents Yoong I have asked her to marry me. You know how coward I was back then and I broke up with her instead." Yuri explained as she eyed Seohyun shyly. "But look at her right now, she's happily engaged with you. I'm happy for you both."

 

"Yeah. It's meant to be." Yoona proudly smile staring back at her dear fiancée whose smile are as beautiful as hers.

 

Jessica just doesn't mind and spins the bottle again.

 

"For the second time." She said to herself after the bottle pointed at her.

 

"I'll ask this time." Seohyun volunteered. "Was there a time that you regret having me as your best friend?" And she spilled the question without missing a beat.

 

"That's unnecessary question." Says Jessica as she chuckles lightly. "But to tell you the truth? Yes, when you get annoying and too childish something." she giggles, sticking her tongue out in the process. Yuri and Yoona just smile while enjoying their food.

 

"Tsk, no wonder." Seohyun mutters. Spinning the bottle herself, it finally pointed at her. "Yay."

 

Jessica playfully pointed the bottle to Yoona.

 

"Yah." And Seohyun hastily pointed it back towards her. "So, it's a dare."

 

Yoona and Yuri both looked at her in disbelief.

 

"Why?" Yuri asks.

 

"What are you thinking?" While Yoona is concerned right away. She knows her fiancée is so eager to be pointed but she wasn't sure about her choice. "Just choose truth so Jessica can ask you back."

 

"Yah, she already chooses it Yoong. No need." Said Jessica and she smile devilishly. She briefly stares at the doe-eyed to her best friend who is smirking at her.

 

"Aigoo." Yuri mentally face-palmed.

 

"Okay, I dare you to dance in front of us, that famous with Yoona." Jessica dropped the dare which cause Yoona to flush.

 

"You're crazy, Jessica!" Yuri chuckled but she's excited to see it.

 

"That's totally a stupid idea." Yoona agreed firmly. "Yah, don't do that, Seohyunnie. Give her a different dare."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter