Reason

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

30 | Reason

 

 

***

 

 

After another memorable dinner date, Jessica returned home just to be met by quiet atmosphere. Normally, it’s either her best friend or her sister will greet her brightly or she will meet a lot of noise going around the house. But tonight, is totally different and she somehow understands.

 

"Oh, Jessica Unnie." However, as she went upstairs, Yeri came down greeting her with such bright smile, despite a toothbrush is sticking out of .

 

"You're still awake, Yeri?"

 

The younger one nodded. "I'm doing some projects. I will be sleeping after it. How about you, unnie? Did you just come back? Have you eaten dinner?"

 

"Yes, I did." Jessica replied with sweet reassuring smile. "How about you? Is Krystal around?" But she asks about her sister, knowing she doesn't go home some times in her house and stay over their parents.

 

"Nope. She called and is with your parents." Yeri informed. "And I had dinner with my friend."

 

"Hmm, I see... " Jessica nodded in understanding. "Don't stay up late, okay? Sleep before midnight." She told her before she proceeds on her tracks as Yeri also does the same to the kitchen.

 

She let out a tiring huge sigh as she sat down at the edge of her bed and suddenly received a message, she casually checks. Her lips curved into a tiny smile, greeted by series of photos of her best friend inside the cafeteria. Ever since she learned her best friend wouldn't like to come home for the meantime through Yeri, she asks someone to follow her whereabouts, so she could monitor she's doing well.

 

She's curious and worried for the reason that she doesn't want to come home yet, but she is willing to wait until she comes back and tell her everything.

 

"Aigoo, they're really cute." She commented as her smile got wider, once series of photos of her best friend and Yoona comes. The hug and the smiles on their faces inside the car, she felt like a proud mom watching her daughter being happy.

 

They went for a movie date and stroll around a park before heading straight home as well safe and sound.

 

"She's doing well." She is satisfied with what she learned and put her phone on top of the night stand before heading for a shower.

 

-

 

Yoona can't think of anything else besides her and Seohyun's little stroll around the park, talking stuffs here and there like they just meet each other for the first time. It means so much for her every second of it.

 

"Yah, Im Yoona."

 

"Yes?" She however did not notice herself she had been on her own world until she heard that voice of an angel from the side, which brought her back to reality. "D-Did you say something?"

 

Seohyun chuckled. "What's up with you? I had been asking you if you are not yet planning to sleep? I think you even forgot that you the TV?" Reminding the deer at the same time.

 

Yoona made a couple of blinks and finally realize the TV was on indeed. She sheepishly smiles. "Yeah, I was just making myself feel sleepy again. How about you? Why are you still awake? Just like last night?" She laughs awkwardly, as she finds it funny for the both of them. It's the second night yet they still awake quite late.

 

"I just have to drink first. You really should go to your room now." Seohyun explained truthfully.

 

"I see... " The deer nodded. "Do you need another company tonight?" But quickly suggested about it again. And she smiled playfully.

 

"No need. Last night was only unfortunate for me. I'm sure comfortable now." Seohyun reassuringly smiled before finally making a way to the kitchen.

 

Yoona get up from the sofa and rushed to follow. "Do you think my parents will be surprised?"

 

"Surprise? Didn't they invite you?" Seohyun wonders. "Why would they be surprise." She opens the fridge and took a bottle of water.

 

"Yes. But I did not even answer them. I mean, they normally wait for a call to confirm my attendance... And I feel like I shouldn't call them. But I also feel like I should?"

 

"Silly. You should call them then if you want them to know."

 

"Why would I? I'm planning to surprise them."

 

Seohyun hits the doe-eyd. "Yah! Just don't call them, Babo!" Shaking her head in disbelief before she finally took a couple of gulps of water from the bottle.

 

"Okay... " Yoona giggles. "I won't."

 

"But to be honest." Seohyun said after putting the bottle back to the fridge. "I would rather tell them so they will be expecting you. They would really be so happy for sure if they hear your voice again."

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I think they will be happier if in person." As she believes on that, confidently.

 

Seohyun was speechless for a couple of seconds. "That's more than... like it." She flashes a warm smile, earning back a sincere smile from her. "So, let's sleep earlier tonight and prepare our yourself tomorrow, okay?"

 

"That goes for you also."

 

"I'm just your date-"

 

"I'm going to introduce you to my parents." Yoona interrupted, surprising the younger one.

 

"You're not planning to do that, aren't you?" Seohyun's heart skips a beat with her sudden announcement. And she's thinking she might introduce her as someone she wouldn't like to hear yet.

 

"You're my friend. Why wouldn't I introduce you, eh?" Yoona grinned as she finds it funny, that she looked like flustered.

 

"Oh... " Seohyun is relieved to learn. "Okay, then." And she smiled sheepishly. She then walked away and went upstairs, leaving the deer alone while smiling quietly on her own. Being introduced to her parents excites her somehow.

 

Yoona casually followed outside too, wearing a smug smile while some thought is on her mind going around.

 

 

***

 

 

[Next Day.]

 

 

"Wait, I haven't given this red dress?" Jessica is looking through her closet in search for her dress to wear later in the event but she noticed the dress hanging there with one of her dresses. She forgot to give the dress she bought just like the same exactly as the original dress she accidentally ruined. But the thought of her best friend noticing the difference of it suddenly scares her. "No way. It's better not to give this... and she hasn't asked about the dress again anyway. So better you stay there, hmm?" She ignores it and continue looking through her closet until she saw her gray long gown she hasn't wore since her father's birthday months ago. She put it into the bed and left to have a shower.

 

Just then, Krystal walks into the bedroom quietly, but when she saw the dress, it got her curious. "Is there anything special?"

 

"Krystal?" Jessica's voice can be heard inside the shower.

 

"Who else. Why are you bringing this dress out?" Krystal asked again, taking a seat next to the dress. "You are going on a date with that Kwon again?"

 

"It's for an important event tonight." Jessica replied in an instant.

 

"Important?" Krystal's brows raise as she crosses her arms.

 

"Yoona's parents' Wedding Anniversary."

 

"Omo, is it today? Why am I not invited?" Standing on her feet, the younger Jung walked towards the bathroom's door.

 

Jessica's laughs are loudly can be heard from the outside, causing for Krystal to roll her eyes.

 

"You sure don't want to share everything to me. I'm disappointed."

 

"Oh, come on. It's just that this is just Yoona's parents and have nothing to do with-"

 

"Araso, araso. Just make sure you send my regards to her parents and Yoona Unnie also." Krystal walks away and gives her sister's dress another looks before leaving the room peacefully. But just as she closes the door, she received a message from her classmate, telling her that they will not have a class from Professor Kwon later, so her classmate is asking her to hang out at a noreabang. "Why would she absent today?" She walked back inside the room and ask her sister. "Unnie, did you ask another date with that Kwon?"

 

It took a while before Jessica's voice came on from the bathroom. "Date? What are you talking about? And why are you asking?"

 

"Well, she's absent later for our subject. I only know it's you that knows her whereabouts, so tell me?" Krystal demanded firmly. She just really curious if it's about her sister again.

 

"Ha! I have no idea! We only decided to meet tonight for the event. She never sent me any message about that, for your information."

 

"Wow, so she's keeping you something."

 

"Who told you to think like that right away? I don't have to know everything whatever she do, you know. tsk,tsk."

 

"Aren't you curious why she ditched our class today, eh? I'm sure it's something important."

 

"Then so be it." Came Jessica's quick response, although she herself is curious to learn.

 

"Ask her then for me."

 

"What the, why would I do that?"

 

"So, I can tell to my classmates the reason!"

 

"Not all can be shared to the students, Jung Krystal!"

 

"Aish, just tell me if you know! I will not tell them!"

 

"Why are you so demanding?"

 

"BECAUSE I KNOW IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU AGAIN!" Krystal frustratingly replied as she kicks the door in the process.

 

"What's up with you?" Jessica laughs, couldn't believe with the reaction she heard.

 

"Nothing. Just don't forget to call me if you know already. By the way, don't get too long inside! You always come to office late just because of showering for so long. I'm off!" With that said, Krystal had no more reason to return and left the house peacefully.

 

'I wonder what's up with that Donkey too?' Jessica can't help herself and felt concerned over the reason of Yuri's sudden absence on her work.

 

 

***

 

 

"What?" Yuri is apparently waiting for her friend to give her answer while he's apparently looking into the photos coming from unknown stalker that obviously knows her.

 

"Do you really think I will know immediately just by looking into these photos?" Her friend, Junghyun, said as he looked into Yuri's eyes with an amuse smile.

 

"You are a detective, so I presume you can see that someone is obviously threatening me. I mean, where did it came from? I did not say to tell me who is this person." Yuri said as a matter of fact.

 

"One question, is true?" Junghyun casually ask, showing the photo of the tan girl with other foreigner girls around her.

 

Yuri is flustered and couldn't answer right away. She cleared and couldn't somehow lie about it. "It is. But that's after a long stressful meeting with different businessmen. It's not like I tried to cheat on Seohyun that time. Never in my wildest dream to do that for her. You know how I love her so much."

 

"But did you mention about this?"

 

"It's not necessary anymore."

 

"Well, I agree with the text here. The stalker obviously wants to point out that while you're having fun, someone had been missing you back home. I doubt you even call her always?"

 

Yuri chuckled. "Never once I stopped calling her. But sometimes when I call, she couldn't answer me."

 

"Really?" Junghyun raise his eyebrows in suspicious, earning a hit from the latter on her shoulder.

 

"You don't know the entire story, Babo! Seohyun and I maybe in a long-distance relationship, but both of us know how to be patient." Yuri defended herself and stating some facts. "I even cancelled one meeting of mine that time just to spend my rest of the day catching up with her. You can ask her if you want."

 

Junghyun's turn to chuckle. "I don't have to. I know you better than Seohyun."

 

"Just can't you help me without judging me? Because I swear, this stalker will not just ruin my life, this will also ruin my reputation."

 

"Can't you also just confess your secrets to that someone you don't want hurt, do you? Because I think this stalker just want you to confess everything to her. And I believe, she wants you to also apologize to Seohyun."

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. "I tried to do that already. But Seohyun, she really despises me. What can I do?"

 

"Obviously you have to make some effort. Prove her that you are sincere, Babo!"

 

"I'm too busy to give all my time for her."

 

"Now look who's talking? That's the reason Seohyun can't find the heart yet to forgive you."

 

Yuri groaned and grabs the photos from her friend. "If you can't help me then I'm going to find this stalker myself!" She threatened and get up from her seat, only to be pulled back.

 

"I was just testing you. Of course, I would glad to know who is this person who knows you also and your previous relationship." Junghyun grinned. "Any possible person you think is doing this, though? So, I could start from that."

 

Yuri was about to answer when she suddenly pauses and one person crosses her mind. "Could it be... Tiffany?"

 

"Tiffany? Your friend that also knows about this?"

 

"Yes. I think it's her. She just came back and sometimes give me some strange stares."

 

"Really?" Junghyun is however not convinced. "Why would she do this? What will she get from this?"

 

Yuri couldn't think of a reason to answer, except, "She and Jessica had a cat fight the other day. She's probably taking a revenge." Because she thinks Tiffany really hates the blonde ever since that night. "She's probably planning to break us apart."

 

"Does she like you?" Junghyun is curious.

 

Yuri blinks a couple of times, trying to remember she thinks Tiffany really likes her. "I don't know but I think she does?" But she couldn't remember any hint the girl likes her more than just a friend. "But that cat fight is enough reason." Heck, she firmly believes it’s her.

 

"Okay, if you suspect her then I can follow her whereabouts." Junghyun said and opens her phone so she can scroll down her contact lists and stopped on Tiffany's name and she opens an app to start tracing the number.

 

"Please do tell me right away if it's really her. I want to make sure she gets this from me. I can't just make her ruin me this way, when she's obviously invading my privacy as well." Yuri clenched her fists on top of the table. Ever since the second picture was sent, she couldn't just sit and be relax anymore.

 

Junghyun sighs. "But if it's not her?"

 

"I doubt it's not her. She's the only one who can do this. And to think, the cat fight happened before this. She's on it, I'm sure of it."

 

"You really should call her then and set her up. I mean, catch her."

 

"We need to confirm first that its really her."

 

"See? You are doubtful yourself because she's a good friend of yours." Junghyun is amused with the kind of answer she receives from the tan girl.

 

"Aish, But I really have a feeling too." Yuri whined like a child, couldn't really just think of anyone to suspect though. The fact that she knows about her and Seohyun is one of the reasons she can suspect her. Just then, she her phone beeps next to her hand that was on top of the table. She casually took it and checked the message.

 

- If there's one person I can think of ruining her day, it's definitely you... it's you that broke someone's heart just when you returned to Seoul. After two years of long distance relationship that's what you brought with you the night you returned, instead of a hug, a kiss or even telling her you love her... How cruel are you!!! That's the worse and stupidest thing to do over someone you love (?) who had been waiting for you to come back. I doubt you even love her.

 

- I heard you want to catch me? Let's meet tonight in an event u are invited. Good luck finding me. [from: Unknown number]

 

"Why?" Junghyun raises his brows in confusions as the friend of his looked pale out of a sudden.

 

"I think... I'll find out tonight." Said Yuri as she grits her teeth and looked into her friend's eyes, seriously.

 

Taking her phone out of her grasp, Junghyun hastily calls the number but it couldn't be contacted. ". This stalker sure knows it better than me."

 

"Come with me tonight. Let's catch this idiot." Yuri muttered in determination.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter