Krystal

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal

 

 

***

 

 

While everyone's busy trying to get a scoop from the engage couple, Yoona is just watching in awe but find it funny at the same time. Who would have thought their parents are more than clever than them? It's like they joined forces to let their child finally meet each other, but in a more daring way. If I were Yuri, she would gladly take the engagement, especially that it's with the person she loves.

 

"Seo Joohyun?"

 

Her attention swiftly turned to her right side upon hearing that name coming from a very familiar voice.

 

"The name of that young lady out there who can't take your eyes off." Tiffany is smiling as she approached the doe-eyed.

 

"What about her then?" Yoona smiled back but in sarcastic way.

 

"Is she the person... you were talking about from the interview?" Tiffany curiously ask. She had been thinking about it since the doe-eyed confessed to the public.

 

Taking a glance to where Seohyun is, Yoona smiled briefly and says, "It's so rare for feelings to last long, isn't it?" her eyebrows rising.

 

Tiffany gasps and couldn't help but looked into the direction of the said lady she mentioned. "So it's her. Wow, Im Yoona."

 

"Why not? I mean, she's really a good person and she's my type." Yoona continue teasing her own manager. But she meant every word coming out of . "Even though I don't know if she feels the same way, I'm happy to watch her like this. Her happiness is mine also whether she likes me back or not."

 

"What does she do for living?"

 

"I know back then she's a barista. I don't know right now. But isn't that important anymore? I mean, when you fall for someone, you don't see the status of her life. Love knows no boundaries."

 

Tiffany chuckles softly. "You sure know how to respond about this, eh?"

 

"Of course. I'm already professional." Yoona wink playfully, earning a hit from her manager. She laughs out so loud in response.

 

She's oblivious that Seohyun is watching with her nose flaring nearby. "I didn't know she's with someone."

 

"Unnie, I told you that person is just her manager." Yeri told her sister again for the third time, watching her sister in disbelief. She looked like she will strangle that eye-smiled girl if she doesn't stop making Yoona laugh her heart out.

 

"Who?" Seohyun finally faces her sister. "Her manager?"

 

"Ugh, you don't really follow her that much as much as I do, don't you?" Yeri sighs and she showed her phone. "This is her instagram account. Read her caption of them together."

 

TiffanyYoung: Isn't she lovely? I think I will have to quit managing her career if she continues being the prettiest.

 

Seohyun blushed in embarrassment after reading the full caption. She looked back at them and pout her lips sadly. She wanted to approach her earlier but she came into the picture could only watch the doe-eyed.

 

As if Yoona heard her thoughts, she's suddenly approaching her which gives her some mini panics inside. She turned to face her sister and hold her hand for a support.

 

"What are you doing, Unnie?" Yeri is confused but she soon can see the young famous chef is approaching them. She couldn't help and smile in amusement.

 

"Hey, Seohyun, Yeri." Yoona greeted as she took her seat next to Seohyun. "I'm sorry It took a little while. I mean, my manager and I suddenly got immense with our conversation. Seohyun-ah, it's been a while." She charmingly smiled even though the mentioned lady is back facing her.

 

Seohyun turned and smile confidently. "Yeah, it's been a while, Chef Im. It's good to see you again." But her heart is pounding madly. How much she wanted to tell her everything what she felt inside. But she got coward.

 

"You too. I'm glad that everything seems fine now. Have you graduated, Yeri-ah?" Yoona's attention shifted to the youngest. She felt intimidated the way Seohyun is staring at her. She sounds sarcastic for her and she doesn't like it.

 

"Yesterday, she did." Seohyun replied in behalf of her sister. "How have you been, Chef Im?"

 

"Oh, I'm doing good. Although I'm busy. How about you?" Yoona lamely turned the table.

 

"She's doing good too Unnie. In fact, she's now a branch manager of the same coffee shop. Also, we-hmp."

 

"You heard it." Seohyun grinned while covering her sister's mouth and quickly turned to whisper to her. "You don't say anything you want, Yeri. Keep your mouth shut." And gives her a death glare.

 

Yeri zipped and smile nervously. Her sister is maybe soft spoken outside but she's a scary sister when she's mad.

 

"How was the food? I hope you guys love it." Yoona softly says as she genuinely smiled.

 

"We did. I... Didn't love it actually. I mean, we-we enjoyed and love the food a lot." Seohyun felt so stupid with the she sounds. "I mean-"

 

"I get it." Yoona interrupted as she smiled in amusement. "The food is not that good."

 

"What?!" Yeri and Seohyun both exclaimed.

 

"Oh, hold on." Yoona get up and went to the buffet to get a plate of their ice cream. She returned and handed it to the young manager. "This. I personally choose the desert tonight. This is one of the ice scream I made while I was in Master Chef show."

 

Seohyun is speechless but she accepted it and have her first bite. She felt that cold sweet melting on her tongue but it slowly gives her menthol feeling. She loved it. "How did you make this?" She got curious and interested.

 

"Just pure research and do you know who I am inspired with this?"

 

"Who?"

 

"You."

 

"Is that the reason why you called it hyun ice cream, Unnie?!" Yeri just couldn't hold herself and she teases her sister.

 

Stunned and blushing, Seohyun couldn't say a word. She just took another bite of the ice cream as her heart just keeps increasing its speed.

 

"I thought about you when I made that."

 

"From all the desert or food? Why ice cream?"

 

Yoona pause for a while as she gathers her thoughts. "When I left Seoul... I felt lonely and cold. So, every time I eat that, I thought of how our story ended. I thought of that thing we had almost had between us. I felt regret to be honest. I wasn't strong enough to fight for it."

 

Yeri felt like she doesn't need to be in her sister's side and quietly left them alone. The looked on Yoona's face is something she should meddle with.

 

"But if you give me the chance..."

 

"Stop it." Seohyun interrupted before the doe-eyed can continue. "What we had is something shouldn't be brought again. Everyone has moved and so as me. Let's forget about the past shall we?"

 

Yoona is confused. "I wasn't talking about that. I'm talking about giving us another chance. That's if you would allow me to." And she felt brave enough to spill everything she wanted to tell her since that day.

 

Seohyun couldn't answer right away. But she's honestly happy inside to learn Yoona still feel the same way as her even after years that passes. She seriously thought she would even change and will forget about her. She felt bad at the same time because it was her the reason she left and she left broken. "Only if... You're not going to come back to the states. I-I would consider your offer." She couldn't look at her in the eyes after saying those words. But she meant it. She wanted to finally let everything go. She had enough from the past and want to give them a fresh start.

 

"That..." Yoona mentally scolded herself. "I'm not sure. I mean, I have a week of break from work and-"

 

"What?" Seohyun seriously couldn't believe the deer. She unconsciously hits her arm. "You're asking me that but you're not sure to stay for good?" She just hated it.

 

Yoona caught Seohyun's hand and she hold it. "Let's date for a week then. Let's give each other a week and let's see how will this end. If something good then just give me a at least three days there so I could process my leave." She seriously said without giving the younger a chance to make a choice.

 

"I don't... " Seohyun doesn't know how to react.

 

Pulling her closer, Yoona brought her into her arms and whisper, "I miss you, Seohyun."

 

"I don't like long distance relationship." Seohyun whispered, letting the deer knows what she thinks of Yoona's proposal.

 

"Neither do I. Trust me." Said Yoona sincerely and seriously.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you."

 

"You forgive me now. That's what matters most here."

 

Seohyun slowly returned the hug as she smiled so big. "Thanks for coming back." Her heart is now slowly calming down as she engulfed herself into the warm, she's receiving from Yoona. She missed her smell that she can go to heaven now.

 

"No, thanks for staying in love with me." Yoona whispered back but in a tease way.

 

Seohyun opened her eyes and hit her back lightly.

 

"That's a yes then." Yoona giggle. She pulled back a little to see her furious face. She just kissed it on her forehead and hug her again. She seriously can't believe what's happening but it's worth it. Thanks to her manager who encouraged her to tell her what she had been longing to tell her.

 

Seohyun couldn't be happier. She wanted to scream at the moment but all the attention will be on her rather than on the engage couple currently being interviewed by the press.

 

Gently pulling back, Yoona still holds her hands, "Can you come with me?"

 

"Where?" Seohyun ask but she wasn't answered anymore as the doe-eyed get up and leads her out of the ballroom, without letting go of her left hand.

 

 

***

 

 

After the awkward interview with the press, Yuri and Jessica were both ask to take the middle of the stage and a romantic song started playing in the background. Both ladies had been so uncomfortable for each but couldn't leave the event however, thinking of their parents’ image.

 

They both take on the stage and Yuri are the one who offers the blonde's hand. Obvious that she's hesitant, Yuri took her hands and place them to her shoulders. "Just go with the flow. I know this is already too much for you. You know, for the show." she whispered to her ear as she leads them to dance to the song while she's holding her waist.

 

Jessica sighs heavily. "Do you have any idea about this?" but she really wanted to know.

 

"My father, he tricked me. He said we will just attend a friend's party. Turned out this is ours. I swear if know, I will not be here right now. I'm as shock as you." Yuri whispered back. She keeps smiling behind Jessica's head while guests are watching them. Not to mention their parents who are enjoying what they did to them.

 

Jessica did not say a word. She just keeps following with Yuri's moves. Just a simple step on the right and left and they both are fine. She will really strangle her father later. She knows it's him and Yuri's father who planned all of these. Her plan to see Yoona with Seohyun tonight was ruined. And she is furious about it.

 

"I haven't asked you." Yuri broke their silence that lasted for three minutes.

 

"What?" Came Jessica's cold respond.

 

"How have you been?" Curious since she hasn't heard about her for the past two years, Yuri hopes she will hear her positive response.

 

"I'm totally fine." Said Jessica vaguely. "Same as you."

 

"How... Are you so sure I am?" Yuri chuckled lightly.

 

"You don't have to know." Jessica mentally reminded herself that Seohyun is the bestest of friend for telling her everything about Yuri's whereabouts. It's ironic how she's always curious about her while she's not seeing her but now that they're too close, she doesn't feel good.

 

"By the way, thank you." Yuri couldn't miss the chance. She maybe doesn't still feel comfortable with the blonde-haired lady in her arms but she can't forget how she helps Daehan.

 

"What did I do?" Jessica questioned. She doesn't recall anything that regards to the Kwon.

 

"You helped Daehan. Even though it did not end well, he's in peace now. He doesn't need to think about them always." Yuri explained softly.

 

Speechless, The blonde girl only nodded in understanding. She sighs audibly as she thinks of the poor boy.

 

"He's so bright now and has a lot of dreams. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he'll reached one of them." Yuri continued as he imagined Daehan being adult. She will be the proudest friend if ever.

 

'Seohyun was right. She'll be a good parent soon.' Jessica thought of what her best friend said. Yuri has grown to love Daehan over the past two years and it's somehow amazing to hear it from someone she hates. She literally shakes her head upon realizing what she's thinking.

 

"But sometimes he asked me if he has a sister? You know, he dreamed of it sometimes. But he must be just wishing to have a real sister." Yuri smiled on her own. "Aigoo, what am I sharing with you? Don't mind me." But hastily dropped it, feeling stupid for sharing about the boy when it's not related to Jessica.

 

"That's okay. You're making me company." Jessica says as she sweetly smiles, behind Yuri's head. "Daehan, although I only saw him once, I know he's a good boy. It's just normal for you to share those things. But being here with you isn't normal."

 

"Thanks." Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

"But for just the show, let's do this." Jessica mimic what the young general manager have said earlier earning a loud sigh.

 

-

 

Without any choice, the engage couple signed the contract that will make them legally as engaged couple. It was also signed by their parents and a lawyer to seal the deal. And after that guests congratulated them and give them gifts.

 

"An engagement contracts. I thought there's only marriage contract." Yuri chuckled sarcastically. She couldn't believe looking at the piece of paper on her hands and all the signs are there. "But at least this will expire when we want to break this up."

 

"Let's break this up tomorrow then." Jessica said that made Yuri looked at her in disbelief.

 

"Are you insane? If we don't last 24 hours, they will sue us and we have to pay 100million won." Yuri reminded her fiancée while she's driving the car. "If I have the choice earlier, I would have escaped already but you saw how the guards at every door. There's no chance. We are like being force or something. Aish."

 

"Isn't this illegal?"

 

"No, they have lawyers signed it."

 

"But they force us." Jessica firmly said.

 

"Exactly! But... Aigoo, we don't have any choice but to accept their stupid idea. There's nothing wrong about this either way." Yuri stated as a fact. Signing the contract doesn't harm them anyway. It's just on the paper and they can have their lives on their own later.

 

"Nothing wrong? We're being guarded still." Jessica exclaimed as she gestures her hands behind them, to remind Yuri that a black car is following them since they left the venue.

 

Yuri took a glance to the rear-view mirror. "Ugh, they really want us to live on that mansion." and couldn't forget that the contract also includes giving them the mansion to stay as engaged couple. "What are we going to do?"

 

"Do you want to live on that mansion with me?"

 

"Hell No!"

 

"Same here! So lost those bastards!" Jessica commanded like a boss.

 

And with that cue, Yuri started speeding up the car and keeps overtaking the cars ahead of them. She on the other hand is holding her dear life on the car's handle at the passenger seat.

 

"Aish!" It's like someone will kill them or they're some suspect. Yuri can't stop from looking behind them and to her front as she keeps turning the car to every intersection, making sure they will not catch up on them and try to lost them. But after two hours of all the efforts, they end up in front of the mansion, after two more black cars appeared and didn't leave them.

 

"I told you to lost them." Jessica sighs in disbelief standing next to her fiancée.

 

"How am I going to do that when they have eye eagles? Also, we run out of gas." Yuri said as a matter of fact. She seriously doesn't like being the one to blame.

 

"Let's get inside before the night gets colder." Jessica just said and leaves Yuri behind as she makes her wag inside.

 

Yuri shrugs her shoulders and follow casually. She immediately got awed as she saw the big living room and the long stairs to the second floor.

 

"Look how they actually planned everything that they prepared our clothes into the luggage." Jessica shakes her head as she sat down to the sofa and pout.

 

Yuri is still in awe as she approached the blonde. "This is too big for us. Are they thinking straight?"

 

"This is why they will sue us if we broke the contract." Jessica now understands. She leaned her back and crossed her arms and legs. "Like they're giving us a choice, take the engagement contract or we'll be bankrupt."

 

"So clever." Yuri mumbles.

 

Jessica let out a huge yawn feeling sleepy and tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter