Interruption

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

44 | Interruption

 

 

***

 

 

"She's your ex too?" Yuri finally broke her silence and she didn't miss to ask the blonde.

 

Jessica shakes her head and wave her hands in front of her. "No-no-no-way! You're getting it wrong. Yoona is the only one I dated before you. Taeyeon, we're friends but we never dated. She never even confessed to me. Seriously I have no idea she has feelings to me."

 

Yuri couldn't believe it. "Tell me the truth." As she demands for her fiancée to be honest. It won't affect them either way. "You dated my cousin after you dated her, didn't you? Or was it when that one year without me you dated her?" But she could feel there's something more on the photo.

 

Jessica got speechless as she doesn't know how to explain it. She looks back on the photo and then to Yuri, giving her nervous heart beats at the moment. Truth is, she did. Taeyeon and her crossed each other's path again during her business trip and she was stupid to even agree to date her for just three months.

 

"Does Yoona know about her?"

 

She nodded a little as she looked pale in an instant. 'Otoke, should I tell her the truth?' Bids of sweats are dropping invisible from her forehead

 

"Classmate?" Yuri reamined with a straight face. Her eyebrows rising as she tries to reas the look on the blonde.

 

Jessica shakes her head. "Schoolmate. She-she's... One of the writers in our school publication."

 

"I see." Yuri nodded as she briefly turned her head on the right and looked back at her sternly. "Tell me the truth, Jessica Jung."

 

Jessica gasped and doesn't have any choice anymore. "She and I." She looked down. "We dated for three months." But quickly looked back at her. "But that was only because she confessed and ask me to be her girlfriend in three months. I was totally stupid that I agreed to it for the three months of dating her. I swear it was just going to dates. I never had feelings for her." And explained it in a fast manner. She's trembling as she watched Yuri's stunned face without saying anything yet. She totally was doomed right now. "I'm sorry." She sincerely apologizes, looking down again on her lap in shame. She mentally scolded herself for so many times while she keeps hoping Yuri will forgive her easily. But it's definitely not happening especially that she hasn't said anything. The atmosphere is getting heavy each second passes until she heard her voice back.

 

"Let's call her then and offer as our wedding planner."

 

"What?" She looked back at her, speechless and stunned. A smirk smile is apparent in Yuri's face which she felt strange.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun walked out the room with a huge yawn escaping . She also stretched her arms as she heads to the kitchen, only to stopped on her tracks upon realizing Yeri is already eating breakfast while Yoona is busy preparing the lunch boxes. "What's going on?" And she had no idea.

 

"You're awake. Good morning Seobaby." Yoona greeted with a big and cute smile on her face. She woke up so early to cook for breakfast and for their lunch boxes for their hike later.

 

"Wait, we're really going on a hike?" Seohyun asks feeling like it's bit rushed.

 

"Yup." Said Yoona only as she continued placing side dishes on the lunch boxes.

 

Yeri sighs so loud. "You guys are so bad. If only I could join. But there's work for me." She briefly gives her sister a sad pout.

 

"Next time, Yeri. You will join us." Yoona smiled in assurance. She then pushed her girlfriend's plate of breakfast near her. "Eat up my baby. It's a long day for us." She winks earning a rolling of eyes from the younger Seo.

 

Seohyun sweetly smiled. "Thanks, my Chef." She took her fork and started digging up on her food.

 

"I've already called my friend earlier and she will be our guide." Yoona informed. She began to cover the lunch boxes.

 

"You're so fast, Chef Im." Yeri giggles.

 

"Really, really fast just like last night." Seohyun also giggles as she was reminded by how her girlfriend followed her to their apartment.

 

"Don't remind me." Yoona softly chuckles.

 

"Yeah, I was curious. What happened, Unnie?" Yeri confusedly ask her sister, who is sitting on her left.

 

"She-"

 

"Yah, it's not important anymore Yeri." Yoona cut her girlfriend before she could share what happened. She sent her glares but only to see her giggling and sticking her tongue out. "Aish." she brushed her off and finally closed the backpack that contains all their lunch boxes.

 

Yeri is agape and couldn't say a word. She just decided to dropped her curiosity and finish her meal.

 

"Oh, Ppoppo. She hasn't eaten?" Seohyun looked down on the floor to find her pup is wiggling her tail while looking up to her.

 

"I have feed her earlier. I don't know what's up with her?" Yoona doesn't have any idea either.

 

"She probably misses to play with me." Seohyun giggles and she decided to picked her up on her arms.

 

"Yah, finish your meal first." Yoona called out her girlfriend when she just casually left.

 

"This will be quick. Be right back." Seohyun shouted as she heads to the bedroom.

 

"Unnie, you guess? Ppoppo doesn't want to see you here." Yeri jokes and snickers.

 

"No way. She was just being a clingy pup." Yoona chuckled. She pulled the chair and joins the younger Seo to her breakfast.

 

 

***

 

 

"I can't believe you." Jessica glanced back to Yuri who was driving the car as they head to the restaurant. The latter called Taeyeon last night and she received a nod from her. "What's your plan, eh?" But she doesn't have any idea what's in her mind. Obviously, it's not going to be good if she and Taeyeon meets.

 

"Trust me. It's going to be a good deal." Yuri said as she flashes a smile on the blonde. She took her hand and give it a loving kiss. She sweetly smiled before turning her attention back to the road.

 

"Yeah, good deal to meet my ex." Jessica said mindlessly.

 

"She's not your ex. It's Yoona. Taeyeon was just like blind dates." Yuri decided to call it like that.

 

In disbelief, Jessica scoffs and shake her head. "I don't know with you."

 

"She was kind enough to accept the job though. Let's just be thankful." Yuri giggles. She glanced to her fiancee and the latter sighs.

 

"You saw her post, didn't you?" Jessica still persistent it's not going to end well. "She's-"

 

"She's going to move on once she saw us in person, together." Yuri cut her fiancée’s words earning a hit. "What?" She chuckled in amusement.

 

"Now I know what's your plan. You're going to hurt her, Kwon Yuri!" Jessica shouted as it got her furious. "Aren't you sensitive enough?"

 

Yuri scoffs. "I'm helping her. It's not like I don't consider her broken heart. Who knows she would even thank me."

 

"No, she will never. She'll probably dropped the project instead."

 

"Trust me okay? This will go smooth." Yuri can see how concerned Jessica is. She's not some robot that won't feel anything from her short time girlfriend. "But if I can see it's not good, then we will stop. Nothing to be worried about. Hmm?"

 

Jessica sighs heavily, looking outside the window rather. She doesn't even know how to face Taeyeon again knowing how sad she was when their three months ended. She was too sorry for her.

 

"I believe some people can take this." Yuri softly says.

 

"Hope she's one of them." Sighs the blonde woman as she put on her sunglasses back and crossed her arms.

 

Glancing to her girlfriend, Yuri smiled a little. She's actually curious about their interactions later. But at the same time she's determined with her plan.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona returned to her girlfriend after having a talk with her friend on their camp. "We're going without her." She announced with a little disappointment. "But no worries, she already instructed me on how to get on the peak. They have directions everywhere also we have to follow it just like other hikers."

 

"That's fine, we can handle." Said Seohyun as she took her girlfriend's hand and intertwined them. They started walking in the middle of the forest to begin their mountain hike.

 

"You've done this, have you?"

 

"Yah, remember I grew up in a province. And we had done this with your restaurant staffs. You should know better. Tsk." Seohyun shakes her head in disbelief.

 

Yoona mentally reminded herself. "Right." She chuckled as she also remembers that day. Soon, they saw a first arrow and started following the path without letting go of each other's hand. The heat of the sun is starting to give them sweats as they keep climbing. From time to time, they would stop and drink water as their throat gets dry and they have to breath for a while.

 

Seohyun is feeling happier as she keeps glancing to her quiet girlfriend. Back then, they were just confused girls with their feelings and now, they're a couple and is sure with their love for each other. It feels different in a good way that she's doing it with Yoona alone. Something that she had also imagined when they weren't official yet. It's surreal yet she's living it cheerfully. Yoona, she's really meant for her.

 

Suddenly, Yoona stopped to catch her breath and drink her water.

 

Unknown to her, her girlfriend is watcher her in awe, as if she's watching a commercial of a drinking water because the world suddenly slows down. Her heart races and she feel like she's floating. She looks so y at the same time and it makes her crazy. But in a good way.

 

"Seohyun?" Yoona noticed the young girl is agape and is watching her with such dreamy face. "Seo Joohyun." But she didn't budge that she has to call out her name twice.

 

Snapping out, Seohyun looked at the deer in panic. "Y-yes? I... I... " Her cheeks reddens. She feels like she caught for doing something inappropriate. "Did something happen?"

 

Yoona knock her head and giggles. "Get to your sense back." She is totally amused. She took her hand back and started walking them back. "Whatever was in your mind?" But she's curious.

 

"Nothing." Said Seohyun in an instant, doesn't want to share it.

 

"Are you fantasizing me?" Ask Yoona with a little teasing smile as she briefly looking at her.

 

"No way! Why would I?" Seohyun denied firmly. She keeps blinking too fast as it felt hotter than normal.

 

Yoona chuckled. "It's okay to admit."

 

"I am really not." Without hesitations, Seohyun hit the deer on her arm earning a laugh. She rolled her eyes and just brushed her off.

 

"Anyway, we're at halfway there." Yoona said as they reached the third arrow. She took a pen and put on their names like the others. Seohyun on the other hand took a pic of it and also of the two of them.

 

"Should we also start recording a video?" Suddenly, Seohyun suggested as she noticed most hikers are holding a camera and was talking to it.

 

"Sure. Just don't share it anywhere." Yoona requested. She doesn't feel comfortable private moments especially with someone she loves.

 

"I won't. Just to record our memories, you know." Seohyun couldn't agree more. She too isn't fond of sharing everything on social media. And she does what she asks for as they started climbing the mountain again along with few hikers. "I have few questions, do you mind?" She playfully asks the deer while shooting the latter with the camera of her phone.

 

"What?" Yoona chuckled.

 

"Just for fun."

 

"Okay. Whatever it is."

 

Seohyun then began to think and asks. "How do you manage to stay in love with me even though you're away? Most cases like that, they found a new love."

 

"Is this for fun or serious fun?" Yoona wasn't expecting it and she finds it ridiculous. "Well, you were my inspiration." She however answered it without a beat. "You see, some people go abroad to study or to keep away from pain. But it's rare for someone to use 'pain' as a way to be better. To stay in love. Maybe because she knows what she did was for everyone's sake and that leaving is just a way to heal. When you get healed, you sort of started doing something good and make that 'love' as a source of strength. That's my fun answer." she ended it with a sweet smile.

 

Agape and impressed, Seohyun couldn't think of a better reaction but just moved with a curious question. "I know your stay here was unexpected but was there still chances you think of going back because you know, you have a good career there."

 

"You're asking if what I should I choose?" Yoona stopped them from walking as she faces her and the latter nodded, briefly meeting her gazes. "I couldn't risk a good career indeed but... I would say, whatever makes me happier I will choose it. And staying with you is my choice." she sincerely replied. She had thought about it yesterday when she wasn't with her yet. And she realized she had enough in the United States. Choosing to be with her love will give her happier and contented life.

 

Seohyun slowly put her phone down as she looked at the deer with loving gazes. "Really?" She's fluttering. She was ready to accept if she will choose to go back because she won't mind having long distance relationship again just as long, she won't be like what happened to her previous. "Please don't-"

 

"I'm here already. I won't leave." Yoona cut her off with a determined smile. "Childhood friends doesn't leave each othe, Joohyun." she softly added.

 

Seohyun doesn't know what to say as she could only hug Yoona around her neck. She's so happy and won't stop smiling. She wanted to scream on top of her lungs but she heard her 'I love you' which softens her. "You're mine." She responded with a very soft voice, pulling back to peck on her lips and smile cheerfully.

 

"You're adorable." Yoona replied pecking on her lips too. They both giggle and resumed on their tracks while Seohyun started recording again and asking more random questions that would lead to laughter.

 

 

***

 

 

Awkward.

 

It was totally awkward the moment they arrived in the restaurant and Taeyeon was there, waiting for her. Yuri however was taking the lead of the meeting, asking questions to Taeyeon while she shares everything, she knows in planning their wedding. She gives them brochures for them to choose, recommending photographers, places for the wedding ceremony and wedding gowns, as well as decorations for motifs of their wedding. Jessica was a little quiet but she would respond to whatever Yuri would tell her. She just couldn't talk that much as it feels awkward and suffocating to see Taeyeon in front of her.

 

"Excuse me. I'll have to take this first." Taeyeon then suddenly got a call from a friend she left their table to pay attention to it, leaving the couple alone.

 

Yuri took a slice of pizza from the table and handed it to her fiancée. "You haven't eaten since we started the meeting." She told her, smiling sweetly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter