Help

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 | Help

 

***

 

Stepping out of the shower room humming a song, Jessica suddenly jumps in surprise when she saw her best friend sitting on her bed with her hair covering her entire face. "S-Seriously?! What the heck are you doing?! I-I thought you are sleeping?" She stammers while calming down her nerves.

 

Seohyun uncovered her face slowly and let out a huge yawn in front of her best friend. "What's up?" she fixes her hair as she asks. "Why do you sound so happy? Did something happen?" True, she is sleeping when her best friend returned home but she got awaken when she started hearing her loud singing voice. So here she is, totally curious what's making her happy.

 

"Something happened? Like what?" Jessica denied while suppressing that smile on her face. "I don't know what you are talking about."

 

Seohyun squinted her eyes. "Are you kidding me?"

 

"Hahaha! I don't really know." Jessica then turned to open the closet.

 

"You know you left me hanging earlier. So, I am pretty sure you went somewhere, Jessica Jung." Seohyun said as a matter of fact. Thankfully and Yeri came with Krystal when she returned home, she was able to get inside their home. "So, mind telling me?"

 

"Ugh, it's really just nothing."

 

"So something did happen?"

 

Jessica mentally scolded her head. "Yes. But I won't share." And she briefly turns her head to stuck her tongue out towards her best friend. She casually put aside her towel and put on her pair of pajamas.

 

"It must really be good." Seohyun lay down with a loud sigh. "I can sense it, even though you don't want to share." she mumbles and close her eyes back.

 

Jessica approached her best friend's bed and took the edge of it to try to see her face, but the latter is covering it with her folded forearms on her forehead. "Yah! What happened to you... and Yoona?" she hits her leg at the same time.

 

“I hate you.” The younger girl continued to mumble.

 

“Eh?”

 

“I hate you that you have to do that.” She turned to the right side, where the blonde couldn’t see her face. “You shouldn’t have set us up. It just ruined the both of us.” She let out another sigh.

 

“Wae? Did Yoona hurt you?” Jessica is totally confused. “Yah, please tell me so I could understand.”

 

“I’m not telling you unless you share what’s up with your good mood since you returned. And did it rain? Why do you looked like you have showered first before showering here?” Seohyun asks without facing her best friend.

 

Jessica scoffs. “So, you are going to trade it with what happened to me?” couldn’t believe her best friend can think of such thing at the moment.

 

“Don’t we do this sometimes?” Seohyun can’t help and smile.

 

“Ugh, it’s hard to share it!” Jessica whined.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you might tease me, Seo Joohyun!”

 

Seohyun turned to face her best friend with a goofy smile. “Then spill it. I won’t tease you with whatever it is, Sica. Come on, tell me what happened to you? Hmm?” she’s excited to listen. Even though she’s not sure what to expect.

 

Jessica take a moment of silence, staring back with her best friend’s sparkling eyes. By that only, she’s already feel like she’s teasing her. But it’s an adorable sight she couldn’t resist. “Fine. So… it happened like this.” That she ends up telling the story.

 

Flashback…

 

It was so good to be true that Yuri and Jessica couldn’t stop their selves from smiling ear to ear while catching on their breath, after their kiss that feels like forever. If only it's okay no to breath, they probably have break the guinese book of world record in the longest kiss ever.

 

"Yuri... " Jessica is the first one to break the silence between them.

 

"Hmm?" Yuri just hummed, pecking at the blonde's lips sweetly.

 

A sweet and gidy smile appears in Jessica's lips again. She loves the touch of the tan girl's lips against hers. It's addicting already. "What we should do?" But she has something in mind that needs an answer.

 

"What... do?"

 

"Um, we're both wet now." Jessica giggles.

 

Yuri chuckles as she finally pulled back and she supported the older girl from sitting up. "Do you want to go to my place?" she smirks, earning a slap on her arm.

 

"I'm not an easy girl, Kwon Yuri!" Jessica said while hugging herself.

 

"Ahahaha!!! I'm just kidding. I'm not that kind of a person, you know. Um, let me drop you home then." Yuri was about to get up but the blonde held her hand. She looked at her back with a confuse look. Her heart skips a beat however when Jessica cups her face. "What-what... are you doing?" She blinks a few times. The serious look on the Jung's face is something that she shouldn’t mess.

 

"I... I think I want to know you better more now..." Jessica softly confessed, rubbing Yuri's cheeks gently and sweetly. "I want to... see what will happen between us... I'm excited." she smiled, genuinely. She thought of what Yoona said and she's now serious to know the tan girl better.

 

"You do?" Yuri feels like all her worries have disappeared in an instant. She wanted to scream in an instant but she couldn't do it.

 

Jessica nodded gently and smiled sweetly.

 

"You... Don't have any idea how happy I am right now." Yuri couldn't hold it any longer and she hugs the blonde girl. "I promise, you wouldn't regret. You won't ever regret, Jessica Jung." She chuckled and earned a giggle from the latter.

 

Both couldn't stop smiling from one another again, as they continue to stare at each other's loving eyes.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"So after that, she drives me home and I saw Krystal and Yeri are both waiting for me from the living room. Krystal, she doesn't like what she saw outside our home. It doesn't matter though." Jessica ended it with a proud look on her face. However, as she checks her best friend, the girl is facing the opposite side already. "Are you... Asleep? Yah! It's unfair! You haven't tell me what happened to you!"

 

"I and Yoona are not friends anymore. So don't mention her name ever again." Seohyun half-heartedly replied, pulling the blanket on top of her head as she hide from her obvious discomfort. The thought of Yuri and Jessica suddenly gives her an aching heart. She hated it so much. She hated Yuri the most for breaking what she promised to not ever court her best friend. She shouldn't be feeling upset, hurt and confuse at the moment but she can't control it. Especially that Yuri had a huge part of her life before everything ended. And now, it seems it will continue, through her best friend.

 

Jessica is speechless with the sudden change of atmosphere. "Seohyun, I think Yoona is a good person. Please give her a chance." However, she definitely doesn't want her to stop seeing the person she knows had been such a kind person.

 

There wasn't any reply so she just rubs her back gently and took her own bed casually. She let out a heavy sigh and pouted. 'Just when I'm happy, she's down.' She couldn't completely feel that happiness to know her best friend isn't at the moment. And its frustrating cause she couldn't figure it out.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona woke up from her deep slumber due to the constant ringing of her phone, on top of her night stand. She groaned as she tried to reach her smartphone forcefully. It took a couple of seconds before she got it and she pressed the answer button with her closing eyes as she put it against her right ear. "Who the hell is this calling me so early?" she asks in annoying tone.

 

[Where are you?]

 

Her eyes opened slowly upon recognizing the voice. "Oh... hey." she closes her eyes back and turned to her right side, as she continues, "It's been a while." she mumbles.

 

[What the heck? It's been five days, Im Yoona!!!]

 

She chuckled. "I know. What's wrong with it?"

 

[Ugh, it's been five days and yet you haven't done anything!]

 

"What... do you mean?"

 

[Seriously? Are you playing dumb or you are... Aish!]

 

Yoona sighs. "I'm not. I'm just not really getting what you are talking about, Jessica." she grabs her pillow and tangles her legs on it as she let out a huge yawn.

 

[Aigoo, it's been five days since I've seen you and five days since you actually saw my best friend... worse, it's been five days since she left to her home town. Do you even know that?]

 

"Really? I don't know. I-"

 

[I thought you said you like her? What is going on with you?!]

 

Yoona wanted to laugh how noisy her ex-girlfriend is but she decided to keep a low-key. "I'm doing fine. I'm-"

 

[You haven't even gone to your restaurant. Yeri and the staffs have been calling your phone and this is the first time you answered. Wow! It's my 300th time. Can you just, go back now? Don't you miss Seohyun, at least? I'm so worried between you two to be honest.]

 

"I... " Yoona pause. Her eyes open and her eyes immediately landed to her digital clock that has the date. 'So it had really been five days... I did nothing but to lay down and just being lazy.' She realizes. Ever since that night, she felt so down and feels like she broke up with someone.

 

[Hey, Yoona. I know this is hard but I just want to remind you... Seohyun and I are different. We're totally different that you can't expect her to come into you one day and drag your a**. This is weird... but I feel like you are the only person that can turn my best friend into herself again. I don't think I can do that either.]

 

"You're the best friend." She chuckled, listening to those words coming from someone who is closer to Seohyun.

 

[Yes, but that doesn't mean she will always listen to me. She's as stubborn as me, you know.]

 

"I know what's going on with her, but I can't push myself to her. I mean, I think she need a break. I think she needs space to think for herself as well."

 

[Well, before it's too late then, follow her in her home town and bring her back.]

 

"What if it's too late."

 

[I believe there's no words like that. As long as you still have that hope in your heart.]

 

Yoona smiled, feeling quite better. It's been a while since someone cheered for her. "Thank you." she softly thanked her. "I'll try."

 

[There's no harm in trying.]

 

"Isn't that my quote?" She chuckled, recalling how she always cheer for Jessica back then, when she is down.

 

[Yeah, and it's rubbing on me at the moment.]

 

"My cousin sure is the luckiest right now."

 

[No! Both of us. Hehehehe... ]

 

"What's up between you two now?"

 

[I'll tell you when you come back. For now, get up there and do something today. I'm going to hunt you if you don't! I'll be cheering for you! Like, Fighting! Choding Im Yoona!]

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Yoona can no longer take it and she let out a huge laugh. She got too immense on it that she accidentally ended the call. But that doesn’t matter anymore. She gets up, grabs her towel and was about to head to her shower room when something crosses her mind. ‘Ex… her ex… I’ll begin it with her ex.’ She smiled and finally has the energy to take a shower. It’s been five days that she hasn’t take a proper shower.

 

 

***

 

 

Kwon Yuri: I am doing something later. I’ll pick you up instead.

 

Jessica raises her eyebrows once she reads the message she received from the tan girl who she asked to have dinner with her. She got curious and she calls her. “What are you going tonight?” she hastily asks once it was connected.

 

[You know Tiffany, right? Well, she asked me to help her with her stuffs to her new condo and I agreed to it.]

 

“What?!” She literally yelled at her. “But didn’t I ask you first to have dinner with me yesterday?”

 

[Honestly, it had been a week since she asked me this. And… it’s… it’s been done. Honestly it should be with my cousin but that choding suddenly disappears without even telling me. So I have to volunteer myself. Ugh, please don’t be mad-]

 

“I’m not mad! I’m just surprised!” Jessica denied defensively. The thought of Tiffany again with Yuri is annoying her.

 

[But you sound like-]

 

“Can’t you decline it right now?” She suddenly hopes Yuri would decline it.

 

[I seriously want to but I couldn’t. Tiffany only have me… I mean, her parents are both not in the country right now. So… she’s just asking for a small favor.]

 

“A small favor? That’s not a small favor to move her stuffs with you. And to think, the whole night? Yah! Kwon Yuri! Tell me if you are tired hanging out with me already, so we could-“

 

[Stop this? Seriously, stop with your non-sense instead. Can’t you trust me? And she’s a long-time friend-]

 

Jessica ended the call right away. She weakly put her phone down and ruffles her hair in frustrations. “Why do I always feel like this?!” scolding herself because she easily gets jealous. Yuri and she had been hanging out and it’s so good so far, but she suddenly felt uneasy because of Tiffany.

 

The knock on the door immediately cause her to fixed her hair and compose herself. “Come in.” She softly said. As the door opens, her eyes slightly widened when she saw who is walking in. “K-Krystal?”

 

“Unnie, do you have a minute?” Krystal reluctantly asked.

 

“Y-Yeah, sure. Have a seat.” Getting up from her leather chair, Jessica gestures to her sister to take the seat on the sofa as she took the opposite side. “What’s going on?”

 

Krystal had a pout on her face. “Why is Yoona Unnie not answering my calls?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“it had been five days, Unnie. Do you know where is she? Are you keeping in touch with her?”

 

‘Aigoo, from Tiffany to Krystal.’ Jessica thought, feeling like the world is against her again. “I don’t know her whereabouts but I just talked to her earlier. She sounds alright, so don’t worry about her, hmm?”

 

“Chincha?” Krystal brightens. “So you’ve been talking with her on the phone?”

 

“Omo, it’s not like that. I’ve been calling her also and she just honestly answered one of my calls. And that happened earlier. I think she’ll be coming back, so no need to call her anymore. You guys will see each other again.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter