Shooting Star

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shooting Star

 

 

***

 

 

Out of the places she wanted to go to keep herself away from people, Yuri found herself in front of the orphanage and saw that the door from the church is ajar. Then the light inside are on. It feels so weird because it's already too late for any mass to be held. So she decided to take a peek inside, only to find Daehan, alone and praying.

 

Curious, Yuri approached him and took a seat next to him. The latter turned his head and smile innocently.

 

"What are you doing?" She softly asks. "It's already too late to be up here. Did mother Kim saw you? She might scold you for not sleeping early."

 

Daehan shakes his head. "Noona, I prayed." And he smiled again.

 

"What did you pray?"

 

"I prayed for people hurting to heal. I prayed for lost puppies to finally reunite with their families. And I prayed for that Noona to comeback and give me an update." Daehan told Yuri, feeling good with what he did.

 

"Noona?" Yuri raised her eyebrows. "Who is that?"

 

"I don't know her name but she looks like she's a good person. I ask her to help me find my parents so I ask her to take pictures of me. Omo, don't tell Mother Kim, Okay?" Daehan realized his words and quickly ask a favor and covered his little mouth.

 

"A noona came here with a camera?" Yuri ask but her mind says it's Jessica since she caught her stalking her.

 

"Yes. She's wearing sunglasses and baseball cap. She was watching you and mother Kim." Daehan confirms. "Do you know her, Noona?"

 

'So she had been following me.' Yuri sighs. "Nope. She must be just lost, Daehan-ah." She smiled to the little boy as she rubs his head. "Why don't we return to your room now?" She suggests in the process. He nodded and she stand on her feet, took his hand and casually walked out the church hand in hand.

 

While they're on their way to the orphanage’s rooms for children, they suddenly stopped as a shooting star pass through up on the sky.

 

"A shooting star!" Daehan pointed and quickly he clasped his two hands, close his eyes and he wish.

 

Yuri just automatically close her eyes and there's only one thing that comes to her mind: 'I wish for everyone to heal and no more of this in the future.'

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, Seohyun who had been outside their apartment is also closing her eyes as she wishes; 'I wish for Yeri to pass her exams.' It wasn't for her but for her younger sister. She will be the only person that keeps her going now.

 

'Forgiveness. I only wish for that.' Jessica also did the same coming from her balcony when she saw the same shooting star. Her eyes are heavy due to nonstop crying earlier. She only calms down when she received a call from the detective she hired earlier.

 

Yoona who didn't saw the shooting star in person learned about it when the captain told them. Only few close their eyes and wish including her. 'I wish for everyone's happiness.'

 

 

 

 

 

2 years later...

 

 

 

 

 

"It must be difficult to find us time for this interview. But we appreciate for letting us squeeze to your schedule." The interviewer said as she flashes a friendly smile to a young lady sitting across her, wearing her black chef uniform. A camera is apparently in front of them, recording their interview. Behind the lens, few staffs of the broadcasting network, watching them intently.

 

Adjusting her seat, Yoona smiled back as she glances to the camera. "I'm on a week of break so letting this interview to happen is never a hassle to me. It's my pleasure to meet you Miss Curry for inviting me to your show." she felt nervous inside but she remains calm outside. For the past months, she had been busy doing stuffs like a photoshoot for a food and health magazine, lifestyle magazine and tons of CF shoot. After she won the previous season of Master Chef, her life has changed ultimately. It wasn't her intention to join the contest but someone ask her to do so after tasting her food. She got the confidence and now she's like one of the celebrities in Hollywood. "I have been wishing to be on this since I won." she jokes in a chuckle as she continued.

 

"It seems." The Host replied with an amusement. "But since you've been wishing this, can you tell us which part of the show you like the most?"

 

"The 10-minute cooking show of course."

 

"Not the fast talk?"

 

Yoona laughs. "I'm weak about it." Her nervousness is soon subsiding with how the host is making her comfortable.

 

"You're still going to do that... but that will be later. First off, we will have our netizens do the interview." Miss Curry proceed and she opens the big screen behind them that immediately shows the first question from a fan. "This is quite interesting. How many chef hats now have you collected since you confessed it's your hobby to collect them?"

 

Yoona couldn't stop from smiling. "I have 250 pieces so far." and confessed it lamely. "I mean, just every chef hat I like to see, I end up buying them."

 

"Wow, that's a lot already. Why are you blushing?" Miss Curry teased and the young chef couldn't give her a response except a shy smile. She then proceeds to another question. "Where are you residing? I want to court you." Everyone in the audience laughs at the bold question.

 

Yoona just made an x gesture with her forearms. "I'll see on my events." she said as she looked at the camera earning laughter again.

 

"Privacy is indeed better." Miss Curry commented in agreement. "But I would definitely like to go to your house and maybe raid it. You know, it seems you have a comfy home in California." she giggles.

 

"I would love to show it, Miss Curry. But not this time." Yoona said and shakes her head.

 

"Well, that will be soon. Let's move to the third question coming from our social media... You mentioned you have a restaurant in Seoul Korea but apparently close, what's the name and location? This person is probably a fan from your home country."

 

"You can see it on my website. It's there. I haven't honestly opened it since I got focus here. But I am planning at the end of the month, I'll open it again."

 

"So you're saying you're going to come back?"

 

"Of course. It's my home country and I wish to comeback soon my schedule lets me."

 

"So not that permanent yet?"

 

"I have yet to decide. I mean, my contract here hasn't expired. I need to finalize it first if I will continue or not."

 

"A lot have been emailing us that they want to see you to have your own show here. You should consider staying."

 

"We'll see on that." Yoona ended it with a smirk earning a teasing smile from the host. The latter continued with the interview through the questions from fans of her and the show. She just keeps smiling and laughing until one question suddenly made her stop for a moment.

 

"Anyone making your heart flutter yet?"

 

Her mind, no her heart flutter at the moment but that's because that person is present. It's because she thought of Seohyun right away who she hasn't seen nor heard her voice for two years. Time have passes too quick but her mind and heart hasn't forgotten her. That feelings for her will always make her thought of the memories she had. They were almost into that but surely the best thing that happened to her. "Yes." She couldn't deny it.

 

"Wow, can you tell us if that person is here?" Miss Curry got interested and quickly she follow up with another question or more like an instruction.

 

Yoona glances to her manager standing next to the director and smile. "Nope." She said as she returns her attention to the host. "That person is in Seoul."

 

"That means your fans-"

 

"I'm not dating her but it's my first time to still in love with her even though it had been years we haven't seen each other." Yoona couldn't help and interrupted. She wanted to be honest from now on.

 

"I see."

 

"So, don't be sad." She jokes. "Who knows I can date a fan too." as she meant to the people especially her fans watching at the moment. "And might marry you." she playfully said as she winks on the camera, earning squeals from the audience. Her manager gives her a shaking of head.

 

-

 

Yoona bowed to a lot of staffs after the show before she finally faces her manager with a goofy smile. "Didn't you like it, Manager Hwang?"

 

"That winking is not. And please, stop calling me with that. I'm at your age only. Tiffany will do. Or even Fany." Tiffany, her blonde manager said as she handed the doe-eyed's smartphone.

 

"Who's this?" Yoona took it casually and find out that it's an undetified contact number on the screen flashing.

 

"Jessica Jung?"

 

Her eyes widened upon hearing the name she hasn't heard also for the past two years. "How did she know my personal number?" She quickly places the device against her right ear and distance herself to answer the call. "Jess? Is this you?" She excitedly said.

 

[Yah! IM YOONA! YOU'RE SO BAAAAADDDD!!!]

 

Instantly, she distances her ear from the phone and rubs her ears. "Yah, how dare you greet me like that?" She scolded as she returned.

 

[You ing didn't tell me your departure and now I will just learn that you won? If not for my secretary who watches that show, I wouldn't learn about this. I mean, I'm so freaking busy that I don't know how to trace you. Thank God and you are this popular now. Mind explaining why didn't you tell me? I'm pretty upset for two years don't you know that?!]

 

Yoona feels like it's her mother ranting on her if she doesn't know it's her ex turned friend. "First of, I wanted to tell you that night. But I saw you and Yuri on that Han River Park. I feel like I will just ruin everything again if I approached you that time. So, I left and hopefully you will not be mad. I also want to call you once I got here but things are just too fast. I barely could even make a call to my parents."

 

[Aigoo, I understand. You look so happy thought. It's really amazing what you're doing right now. I'm so proud, Im Yoona.]

 

"Thank you. How have you been too?" Yoona felt bad but is glad to know it from the blonde.

 

[Like you, I'm also freaking busy. But I can able to call you for a favor.] Jessica is grinning on the next line.

 

"Favor?" Yoona find it weird every time it's the blonde asking her. "What is it?"

 

[You are free this week, aren't you?]

 

"You watched the interview?"

 

Jessica chuckles. [Of course. So, I want to ask if you can book a ticket right now for a flight to Seoul tomorrow?]

 

"What? Are you commanding me?"

 

[Yah! You still have to apologize for not telling me about your departure! Treat this as something to make this up. Araso?]

 

Yoona goosebumps hearing that kind of commanding tone from the blonde again. "Fine." That she ends up agreeing. "What is this for?" But she's curious about it.

 

[It's a secret. Just book a flight and fly here. Otherwise, I'm not going to see you as my friend anymore. Bye.]

 

Rolling her eyes out of annoyance, Yoona sighs and could only save the number of the blonde. "She hasn't changed a bit, has she?"

 

"So I heard it right?" Tiffany slowly approached the deer and wants to confirm if she heard it right.

 

"Yes. Don't receive any schedule this week. I'm going back to Seoul." Yoona confirmed, smiling charmingly at the same time.

 

"Right away." Said Tiffany as she winks this time, earning a look of disbelief from the young chef.

 

 

***

 

 

The moment Yeri came down from the stage, she was greeted by her happiest sister with a tight and big hug. She almost lost her balance. But she gladly hugs her back as the latter cried on her shoulder. She's like the most emotional person apparently in the theater just because she got her diploma.

 

"Unnie, you're embarrassing me." She said as she continuously rubs her back.

 

"I am so freaking proud of you, Yeri." Said Seohyun between her sobs. "Please don't stop me." She stupidly asks her. "I've been waiting for this since God knows when. I feel like I'm the proudest mom. But I'm sure our parents are the proudest though. Like finally, mom, your wishes are coming true!" She didn't feel any shame as she said those words so loud while looking up and not letting go of her sister.

 

Yeri nodded and she smile awkwardly to her friends watching them in amusement. But she's more awkward when she caught the attention of Yuri, not too far, recording them with her phone.

 

"Noona, Congratulations!" Then before she forgot, Daehan is also present of her graduation day. The little boy is holding her up a bouquet of flowers while smiling brightly.

 

Seohyun stopped her dramatic act and let go of her sister, smiling to the little boy as her sister bends down to get her flowers.

 

"Yah, Daehan-ah, you stole money again from Yuri Noona, didn't you?" Yeri playfully ask the innocent boy.

 

"Of course not, Noona." Daehan truthfully said as he shakes his head.

 

"He asks me to buy you a gift." Yuri confirmed he didn't steal anything. "I suggested a wallet but he told me to buy flowers instead to give you a fresh start now that you graduated." She smiled as she rubs the little boy's head gently. "By the way, I already booked us for lunch in a nearby restaurant." she swiftly moved her attention to the Seo sisters while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

"Your treat, Unnie?"

 

"Nope. Seohyun's treat."

 

Seohyun instantly hit Yuri's arm. "Yah! I never ask you-"

 

"It's my treat of course. I was just kidding." Yuri chuckles and stuck her tongue out. "Come on." She took Daehand's hand lead them out of the theater.

 

"I can't believe her." Seohyun rolled her eyes while crossing her arms.

 

Yeri throw her arm on her sister's shoulders. "Come on Unnie, just let that slide. You know she doesn't have so much time to spare for us. Miss General Manager has another schedule to attend later for sure." she reminds her while they're walking out of the theater.

 

Seohyun's smile returned and she put her one arm to her sister's waist. "It's your day after all." and kissed her cheek.

 

"Ewww... " Yeri felt disgusted and quickly retracted herself away from her sister, wiping off that kissed mark on her cheek. Before her sister could give her more, she runs away, passing through Yuri and Daehan.

 

"Yah, comeback here!!!" Seohyun playfully chases earning laughter from Yuri and Daehan who are just shaking their heads as they follow them to the parking lot.

 

-

 

"Seat belt first." As Seohyun instructed and she buckle her seat belt, she realized everyone in the car are ready and is just waiting for her to drive. "Sheesh." She just brushed off and finally carefully drives off.

 

"You've been doing that for the past months now. We already know what's next." Yuri said as a matter of fact, smiling in amusement. Ever since Seohyun got her own car, she had been like a strict driver to whoever is riding with her. It's as if they will be on an accident if she doesn't remind them. But she's totally happy and contented to see her friend succeeding. After just six months for being a barista, she moves as being a manager of the same coffee shop. The owner of the branch has seen how dedicate she is to her job that she promoted her. She's now working lightly and can now buy whatever she and her sister likes. Also, got a new apartment. "Soon, you will be the next Director of that company you're working." she jokes the young manager.

 

"What? It's as if the company owner of that shop is as big as of your parents'. Don't talk nonsense." Seohyun shakes her head a little while focusing on her drive. "I'm okay being the manager of this branch. It's already helping us." she took a glance to Yuri as she smiled brightly.

 

"Seriously, just accept what I am offering to you."

 

"No. You're making me feel like I can't do this on my own. Tsk."

 

"Yeah right. But life is indeed good. Yeri can now help you soon. Chef Seo?" Yuri teased the younger Seo at the back seat.

 

"Yep. Soon, Unnie. But for now, I'll look for a job that will accept me right away." Yeri replied positively.

 

"What is that? You haven't shared to me or I missed it?" Seohyun looked at her sister through the rear-view mirror.

 

"I haven't indeed because I am still looking through it. Once I got the job, I will tell you, Unnie." Yeri flashes a reassuring smile.

 

"Unnie will be selling clothes, Noona." Daehan suddenly broke his silence and the three looked at her in silence for a second and laugh at his remarks. He smiles goofily in response.

 

"That would be the easiest job indeed." Yuri commented. "Good job, Daehan-ah." He showed two thumbs up and giggles. It felt so great to see Daehan with them. It's making her stress to go away. Mother Kim is kind enough to let her borrow the kid who will forever be in orphanage after finding out that his parents died in an accident.

 

"But it will be a good job if you really treat us for lunch." Seohyun suddenly said, shading her friend who sometimes prank her.

 

"Aish. I'm serious this time. How can I let you when it's Yeri's day... and yours for being the best older sister in the world." Yuri replied and she poke the latter's cheek, giggling afterward when she attempted to bite on her finger.

 

"You know, next time, let's go to amusement park." Seohyun suggested.

 

"Amusement Park?" Daehan and Yeri both exclaimed in excitement. "When?"

 

"Once Yeri got a job. Hahahaha." Seohyun laughs at her own joke that everyone couldn't do the same, especially Yeri. "Fine." she stopped her nonsense. "Planning this Saturday, to be honest." and she takes it back right away. Everyone rejoice especially Yuri who started singing and the two from the backseat are joining her.

 

She wanted to sing with them also but her attention was caught by a big screen from a certain building, showing Chef Im's interview. Her heart stops for a couple of seconds as she can't take her eyes off of Yoona, being interviewed happily. It's not new to her because she had been seeing her everywhere since she won that competition. And it's not new to her also to feel that 'longing' towards her. Two years had passed and her heart is as stubborn as her. All that happened from the past are like a dust that she barely can remember what it is. Something that love can do to someone who is stupidly in love; Everything heals as time passes.

 

'I... miss you.' She thought and sighs audibly.

 

"Unnie, watch out!" Yeri shrieks when she noticed the car didn't slow down as the car ahead them signals when the traffic lights chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter