Change

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Change

 

 

***

 

 

Wind is strong as the rain is falling hard. It looks like the weather will be like a typhoon, cold and dark.

 

Yoona who wished to turn back time is feeling gloomy as she watches the storm outside. The bruise on her right cheek is apparent that she couldn't deny how everything turns out.

 

"Yes, I'm thankful you confessed but it doesn't help how I am feeling right now. And I want you know how much a hate you right now."

 

Yuri's words still hit her hard while she's tearing up earlier. She got no time to explain herself as she left them. She was helpless on the floor. She wanted to get up and try to also ask Seohyun to hear her up but she looked as stun as she was with Yuri's reaction and to learn her confession. She left without giving her a chance to speak.

 

As her warm tears finally dropping from the corner of her eyes, Yoona sighs heavily as she wipes her tears off. She however deserves the punishment. She already expected it but it really feels worse when it's really in reality.

 

"I'm so sorry, Chef Im." Suddenly, Yeri's voice was heard behind.

 

"What are you talking about?" Yoona turned to raise her question, feeling confuse.

 

Yeri looked down in shame. "I told Yuri Unnie. I was thinking it will be fair for everyone I wasn't thinking about the result. I'm sorry, Chef Im."

 

"No wonder she sounded she already knew earlier. It's okay, Yeri. Your intention is good. And I can't blame you or hate for that. You should stay by your sister right now. She needs someone that comforts her in times like this." Yoona said and reached for the younger girl's shoulder, giving it a gentle touch. "Heads up, will you?" She cheered up and the latter nodded.

 

"I promise. I will help Unnie forgive you." Yeri confidently said and she bowed before leaving the doe-eyed in the living room to stay by her sister's side.

 

Yoona sighs once again and winced in pain when her cheek stings.

 

"Yuri, she will not really answer me no matter how much I tried." Jessica returned from upstairs to see the deer with a bruise on her cheek. She places took a seat next to her and opened the ointment. "Don't move." She whispers as she gently applied on the bruise part.

 

"Ah!" Yoona winced. "That stings."

 

"Just like how our hearts are right now. But be positive. Everything will heal soon. Not going to be confident that this will be solve easily but there's no way this will be forever."

 

"You think so?" Yoona sighs. "I mean, I haven't even proved myself to Seohyun. It's going to be hard. And for Yuri, she's definitely hating me forever."

 

Jessica holds the doe-eyed's chin and make her face her. "Hating is not healthy. I believe it wouldn't be like that. And you are the one who told me she has already changed? Let's hold on that, okay? I'm done being negative." She smiled cheerfully afterwards. "We never did anything wrong just except the fact we keep it from them. As if they didn't also keep theirs.

 

Yoona felt relieved Jessica keeps her mind like that. She needs someone like her in her situation. She closes her eyes as she let her take care of her cheek, hoping the pain will go away soon.

 

"The weather today is really joining us, eh? But this is bad. All the plans you prepared for this camp will go waste."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I read the weather news and it says it will be like this for the next five days. The typhoon's movement is too slow that it could last for a week."

 

"So, we will be trapped here?" Yoona opened her eyes almost immediately. "I promise my team to return to the city in three days." She felt worried for them.

 

"That won't ever happen. You can't risk their safety. But I'm worried for our meal. You didn't stock foods, did you?"

 

"Only good for three days." Yoona confirms, tilting her head towards the glass watch where she and Jessica can see the rain is pouring hard.

 

Jessica sighs. "Don't worry, I'll ask Dad to send us help if we can make it to five days here." She's however confident her father will help them. He can do a lot and can't ignore her once she asks for help.

 

"It's a good thing we are already here when this storm came. I can't imagine if we are still in the mountains." Yoona felt relieved as she realized it.

 

"You really can't tell the future." Said Jessica as she took the Band-Aid and gently placed it on the bruise.

 

"Thanks." Yoona smiled a little.

 

Scooting closer, Jessica pulled the doe-eyed into her arms and comforted her with words at the same time. "You know how much I care for you also, Yoona. So please don't be shy and call me." She and her may have broken up but she remains a friend to her and will always be there for her when she needed her.

 

"Don't you feel the same?"

 

"Hurt?"

 

"Yes."

 

"I am. But I am not like from the past now. I can handle this easily."

 

Yoona smiled a little and hugs the blonde back. She wonders if they never fall out of love? What could have happened to their future? Heck, she loves whatever she has between them.

 

 

***

 

 

One week later - Yeri supposedly set an alarm clock earlier since she will go to school first before going to the restaurant where she's still working on her intern but she woke up earlier than her alarm clock when she heard weird noises. While rubbing her eyes, she can see her sister is busy. "What are you doing, Unnie?" But she's not sure what's happening yet. She was wide awake when her sister threw the towel towards her. "Yah-"

 

"Go shower now! We don't have all the time for your sleepy head!" said Seohyun as she went to the drawer and take all the stuffs from there.

 

Yeri took a moment to process what's going on until it made her realize her sister is packing up. "Un-Unnie. I still have school to attend. We're not going back to the province, aren't we?" she is worried. Ever since that confession from Yoona, her sister had never been the same anymore. She's always cold and sometimes shouting towards her. Three days ago, she attempted to leave the house but Jessica stopped her and instead, the blonde left for them to stay.

 

"I already saw a good apartment. It's cheap and apparently has good neighborhood. It's going to be a good start for us there." Seohyun said and finally finished placing the stuffs into the box. "So please shower now and help me here. You're not going to school nor that restaurant."

 

"Wait, so you are trying to say I will stop my intern? Yah, I only have few months left and I'm done. Don't make it complicated for me to search for another restaurant Unnie. Please?" Yeri grabs her sister's hands and beg. "Exempt this, Unnie." she pouted sadly. "Hmm?"

 

Seohyun took a couple of seconds before she decided to agree. "Fine. But don't go to the restaurant first. We're moving out." She firmly said earning two thumbs up from her younger sister. She brushed it off as she resumes packing up. Yeri on the other hand went straight to the bathroom. She suddenly saw her sister's phone light up, she checks it and can read Yoona's message as:

 

Please tell me she's eating well.

 

She rolled her eyes as she decided to ignore it. But she changed her mind and picked up the phone from the night stand and she blocked the number of the doe-eyed so her sister can no longer received any messages or calls. She casually returned to her packing while stealing glances to the bathroom's door, as she gets impatient.

 

-

 

"Well, this isn't bad." Yeri mumbles as she checks outside their apartment. It's small but it's on a roof top, which is good, so they can have fresh air at night.

 

"See? An apartment on top of the roof top is one of the best places." Seohyun smiled brightly as she spread her arms, close her eyes and inhaled and exhaled. "This place will have happy memories." she whispers to herself, determined to start a new journey with her sister only.

 

'What am I going to do if she keeps like this?' Yeri thought worriedly. The change she is witnessing from her sister is not good for her eyes. "Unnie, are you still going to continue... "

 

"I already got accepted in a cafe nearby. The reason why we're here." Seohyun revealed and she opens her eyes, looking back to her sister. "You're going to graduate soon, so study well." she added, confidently. She and her sister will rise soon without the help of anyone. She has skilled so she believes it won't take that long.

 

"I see... " Yeri smiled and nodded. But to see how she determined she is, she thought it's a good idea. She just hopes her heart will soon heal because she obviously is full of hatred and doesn't trust anyone anymore except her. "Don't worry, I will do my best Unnie. You can trust me on that."

 

"By the way, heard you will have a research soon. Don't be shy and approach me. You can ask for advises or help."

 

"That will be next year. Would definitely do. Wait, isn't that our meal already?" Yeri smelled something burning.

 

"Omo, our dokkbokki." Quick, Seohyun rushed back to their new home to stop the burning food. "Aish." She turned the stove off and doesn't think they can able to eat it.

 

"Why not some ramen?" Yeri suggested while she's standing behind her sister. "I'm craving for it." she brightly smiled.

 

"Is that okay for you? Our first meal to our new home is ramen?" Seohyun pout her lips, feeling bad as the older sister.

 

Wrapping her arms around her waist, Yeri placed her chin on top of her shoulder and whispered, "As long as we're together, it will always be okay whatever we eat, Unnie."

 

Flattered, Seohyun rubs her sister's cheek as she leaned her head to hers. "You're the reason I am still standing like this, Yeri. You are the reason of everything I am doing." she kissed her cheek and leaned out. "But we have to fill our stomach first."

 

Yeri chuckled back. "I'll help set the dining table." and she started moving.

 

Seohyun couldn't help and smile. 'Having a sister like you is my pride, Yeri. Just be patient. We'll get whatever you like to.' she's aware it will not be easy to start it over again but there's no more turning back. It's all the best for them. Nothing else.

 

 

***

 

 

"You're drunk again?" For the nth time, Mr. Kwon is amazed yet disappointed to see her child going home sleeping and alcohol is all over the air. "Aish." He however can't just let her sleep inside the car and took his child with the help of the driver, bringing him inside.

 

"Aigoo... " He let out a huge exhale the moment he successfully put his child down to the bed. He left her bed room without even caring to change her clothes or wipe her with some wet cloth. He wants her to realize how she smelled now since she returned from Yoona's camp.

 

Yuri is slowly waking up while she tried to get up but couldn't handle her own body and she drops on the bed with a bounce. Her visions aren't clear but she can tell she's back in her room.

 

Pulling herself up again, she suddenly felt like puking and she hastily runs to the toilet and throw up everything she ate and the alcohol she drank. Her stomach is totally a mess and she just want to lie back to her bed. But her legs are weak and shaking that she tripped and fell on the floor. "Hahahahaha... " she laughs bitterly with her own clumsiness. But she once again cries as her chest is in pain again and it's frustrating her. "Yah!" she shouted and punched the floor while crying her heart out. It had been a week yet her heart is still not over. It hurts and it's unbearable. "I HATE YOU AAALLLL!!!" she screams on top of her lungs as she hugs her knees while lying on the floor. It's like her last time to cry, she cried all night until she fell asleep.

 

-

 

"You feel better now?"

 

Yuri smiled a little and nodded as she took her seat to their dining room. Her father once again cooked her breakfast as her mother left earlier. She felt even better when she's greeted by the coffee's aroma. It warms her body and so as her chest. The night she had last night was worse than the previous days but she had enough and she won't drink anymore. "Thanks, Appa." She took a sip a little before she took her utensils and dig on her meal.

 

"You should go back to the University now. You've been absent for almost two weeks." Mr. Kwon reminded his daughter.

 

Yuri shake her head. "I've sent an application to a new University Appa. I don't think I can continue there." she informs, knowing she will only see Krystal and Yeri. "Maybe tomorrow I'll receive a response."

 

"Aigoo, why can't you just teach the children in our foundation? It will not only help you feel better but also will help the company. You will receive higher paycheck than teaching in Universities around. Don't you know that?"

 

Hearing it for the first time, Yuri turned her attention from her food to her father. "We have a foundation for kids?"

 

"Well, while you're busy, your mother is also busy managing our foundation in cooperation with Gangnam Orphanage. We received a lot of sponsors and is doing well in providing the needs of the kids. Only that, there are two teachers only on the orphanage that will teach them."

 

Yuri got quiet as she thinks it over. Her facial expressions then change as she wanted to accept the challenge. "I'll do it then while I'm waiting for my application to be accepted."

 

"Chincha? I'll call your mother right away. Go finish your breakfast first." Mr. Kwon hastily took her phone from the side of the table and get up to call his wife.

 

Yuri is feeling great as she imagined teaching the kids. She's always soft when it comes to kids and it's an honor to teach them. It's also a good idea to distract herself and move on from what happened. She found a new hope suddenly and she hopes it will help her be a better person. 'Let's do this, Kwon Yuri. There's no more reason to stay on that. It's just ruining your life.' She chuckled lightly on his own before she returns to her meal. This time, she has a brand-new smile on her face.

 

 

***

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter