Bad Influence

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bad Influence

 

 

***

 

 

Just the moment Seohyun received the call from her sister about what happened to Yoona, she never wasted her time and grabs her car keys and drive herself to the hospital Yoona was brought. She didn't mind she's breaking the road rules and speed up as fast as the car can gets. It only took her 30 minutes and she arrived there, going straight to the emergency room where a current surgery is taking place.

 

"What's the update?" She asks her sister breathlessly, holding her shoulders, desperate to know the condition of the deer. They were just too happy earlier, spending the remaining night as a couple. Everything is totally absurd for her.

 

"The doctor hasn't come out. But they are now on surgery after they transfuse her with blood." Yeri informed while trembling the way her sister looks like.

 

"She lost a lot of blood?"

 

"Yes, Unnie. But they were fast to treat her immediately and are now on surgery for the kidney the knife was wounded. Maybe later she'll be transferred to her ward. So, you don't have to worry much." Yeri informed, as she took her sister's hands and give it a gentle squeeze.

 

"She was stabbed on her kidney part? That's something to worry, Yeri-ah!" Seohyun shouted on her sister's face and let go of her hand before she turns to the door of the emergency room. 'Please be oka Yoona.' She started pacing back and forth, couldn't stay in place as she felt nervous and scared for the doe-eyed. She prays it will be a success. She never felt worried sick for her. This is the first time and it's giving her headaches.

 

Just then, Tiffany arrived and quickly ask Yeri about what happened. She however needs to protect Yoona's privacy and called the agency to delete everything that was posted online. Since it happened in a public place, people spread it like wild fire immediately even though it's dawn.

 

"That idiot really have to pay for this." She hissed upon hanging up with her call and just like Seohyun, she can't calm her nerves while waiting for the surgery to finished. Her eyes are glued to the door as she keeps checking the clock as well.

 

Yeri who had been standing for hours decided to take a seat but is still concerned. Not only for Yoona but also for Krystal who is apparently on her ward after she passed out also. She felt bad and regretful because she was just watching earlier. She didn't help the doe-eyed. She was helpless for the both of them.

 

"Wait, Yeri-ssi. Have you called her parents?" Tiffany finally realize there wasn't anyone except them waiting impatiently for the surgery to be done.

 

Seohyun's attention shifted to Tiffany upon hearing it. "I'll call them." And volunteered. She took her phone out and quickly pressed the call button of Mr. Im's contact ID. It rings and rings until she was diverted to a voicemail telling her to drop a message. "Mr. Im, I'm sorry to bother you about this call but your daughter... She got wounded and is now in the hospital. We're in Songyul Hospital. I hope to hear from you once you received this." She ended it like that and turned to Yoona's manager. "I can't contact his father right away. But I'm sure later in the morning, they'll be here."

 

"Thank you, Seohyun-ssi." Tiffany is relieved to hear it from the older Seo.

 

"By the way, where's Krystal, Yeri?" Seohyun turned to her sister sitting on the bench and raised her curiosity.

 

Yeri sighs heavily. "She's apparently being treated nearby. She passed out when we were bringing Yoona Unnie to the ambulance. It ends up I am the only one that's totally fine."

 

"Have you heard any updates about her?"

 

"The Doctor who attended on her said she only loses consciousness due to the amount of alcohol she drank. She also mentioned Krystal will undergo some test to see to it that she's totally fine besides her findings." Yeri informed as she looked down and few tears are slowly forming on her eyes. "It's my fault Unnie. I didn't stop her. No one would have been hurt."

 

Seohyun quickly seated next to her sister and hold her on her arms. "Shshshshs... It's no one's fault, Yeri-ah. Heads up! Everything will be fine." She cheered on her but only made her sister sob on her shoulder.

 

'No wonder Yoona can't forget them. They're precious for her.' Tiffany now understand why it was hard for the young chef to forget what she left in Seoul. But she is sad that she hasn't even lasted for twenty-four hours on her comeback, she ends up in a hospital. 'Hurry and get better, Im Yoona.' She thought while staring at the door.

 

4:15am, Everyone's attention shifted to the door immediately when it opens and a exhausted doctor walked out with a smile on his face.

 

"She's now out of danger. However, her recovery will take longer since we can't allow any infections. Also, it will be painful for her every time she pees or even walk. Please help us in monitoring her in her recovery process." The Doctor said and ask for a favor at the same time.

 

"That's relieved to learn, Doctor. Thank you." Tiffany couldn't be happier. That's all that she wanted to hear after three hours of surgery.

 

"We'll make sure to help you and Yoona on this." Seohyun added, smiling as she audibly sigh. It's like a huge lump was taken away from her after hearing the updates about Yoona's condition. They bowed as the doctor excuses himself.

 

"Wait, I should see Krystal." Happy to hear about the doe-eyed, Yeri turned and was about to leave when she saw Krystal, walking towards them.

 

"Yoona, she had a successful surgery, Krystal." Seohyun told the young Jung who obviously looks so worried. "There's nothing to worry anymore."

 

Krystal couldn't stay still and she dropped on the floor, sitting. "I'm so sorry, Unnie." And she breaks down, letting out how heavy is her chest, heavier than her head, which she got from drinking too much. "I didn't mean to hurt her. Please forgive me."

 

Seohyun wanted to comfort her but Yeri beats her, telling her comforting words that she also did to her sister. Her heart melt as she watched them, like true sisters.

 

 

***

 

 

Unlike her usual routine every time she woke up on the next day, Jessica stayed on her bed, staring at Yuri's face. Like she can't believe that it's happening to her. After all this year, she would one day be in one bed with her? It's something she never imagined. It's totally a different good morning but in a best way, as it feels like today is the best day of her life. Thanks to their parents' crazy ideas, they got unexpectedly got together.

 

Moments later, Yuri slowly wakes up from her deep slumber. It took her a couple of seconds only before she realized Jessica is staring at her. "Good morning." Greeted her sweetly as she smiled also. But she didn't receive a response. "Wae?"

 

"I wonder if our parents didn't think of this idea. Would you confess?" Jessica softly asks.

 

Yuri blinks twice and then she come up with a response, "Of course... But in a different way. I mean, I believe fate works for us. And this is what happened. It's just weird, isn't it?"

 

"No, because they know well damn well, we're crazy for each other." Jessica giggles, poking Yuri's nose with her index finger.

 

"Have you been awake?"

 

"For fifteen minutes."

 

Yuri chuckled in disbelief. "And you did not even wake me up."

 

"Something wrong? I just want to watch you sleep for a while." Jessica said truthfully. She moved closer to wrap her arms on her fiancée’s waist and inhaled that pleasant smell from the latter's neck. "Because I can't still believe this is happening." Whispers her as she closes her eyes.

 

Yuri grinned as she hugs her back. "This is not a dream anymore. So, live for this." She whispered back, kissing her forehead gently.

 

Jessica couldn't stop herself and smile so wide. "This is the best morning that happens to me."

 

"Me too."

 

"Let's spend more time like this."

 

"I would love too."

 

Jessica didn't answer as she enjoys that warm from Yuri, she's giving to her. It's something she wants from someone besides her love. Because if someone knows how to hug her, that means she knows her well. She loved being engulfed with it.

 

Yuri kissed the blonde's hair and smile once again like a fool. What happened last night is truly memorable and she treasures it. Not everyone can have such happiness. She will not take her or it for granted.

 

A good 15 minutes of silenced that passed, both smile when their stomach grumbles and asking for food.

 

"Can you cook?" Jessica lifted her head up to ask.

 

Yuri smugly smiles. "Of course." She automatically untangled herself from the blonde and jumps out of the bed excitedly, leaving the room without even asking what food Jessica likes for breakfast.

 

Jessica sits up and check the time on the digital clock as she also reached for her phone on top the night stand. She opened it was surprised to see the number of miscalls from Seohyun and Yeri. Both had been calling her since 2am. But because she put it on a silent mode, she never gets to answer it. Aside from it, a message was sent by her best friend.

 

Seobb: Yoona, she got stabbed while Krystal was confined after drinking too much. They're both out of danger now but Krystal needs you the most. We're here waiting for you at this hospital.

 

Besides the message, a photo of the hospital was attached for her to know the address.

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri returned to the room just to see an unpleasant look of her fiancée.

 

"M-my sister and... Yoona. They're both in the hospital. Seohyun told me." Jessica replied while she's shaking in concern. "We should go now." She went straight to their closet and quickly just grab a white shirt and jeans.

 

"Please calm down." Yuri however doesn't like how Jessica is in panic. She held her on her shoulders from behind to give her a message. It won't help you think on the right track. Besides, Seohyun and Yeri are there... Right?"

 

Jessica complies as she took a deep breath and slowly relaxed. "We still need to go." She said firmly as she turned to face her.

 

"Of course. But we can't go there without bringing something for them." Yuri reminded. "Like food."

 

Jessica smiled. "Yeah."

 

 

***

 

 

"How is she?" Tiffany returned after two hours and saw Yoona is on her bed, still sleeping since she was transferred to a private room.

 

"She hasn't woken up yet. But I've seen her head moving a little and hands from time to time." Seohyun informs as she flashes a brief smile to the older girl. "What's that?"

 

"I presume you haven't gone to the cafeteria so I bought you your breakfast. We don't Yoona to see her worry about you, do you?" Tiffany said as she ushers the younger to come with her. She took a seat on the sofa and bring the foods out of the paper bag.

 

"Thank you." Seohyun felt grateful. She smiled weakly as she accepted her food that was on a pack lunch. "Shouldn't have bothered." But she felt shy at the same time.

 

"Yah, don't mention it. We have to be strong so we can look after her 24 hours." Tiffany said as a matter of fact. "Once Yoona wake up, you know what will she say?"

 

"What?"

 

"You look thin, please don't worry about me and eat."

 

Seohyun chuckled softly. "You don't have to change your voice." As she finds it funny.

 

"There. Let it loose." Tiffany sure the younger girl is thinking too much about the condition of the deer.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun couldn't help it. "I'm glad you are here with her."

 

"She's my responsibility as her manager. I can't let her comeback without me though. Otherwise, the agency will fire me." Tiffany shakes her head a little. "Yoona sure one of the artists/chefs in the agency that the agency wants to take care of. They can't even allow any article online without their permission."

 

The thought of the deer's career in the U.S. suddenly made Seohyun quiet, couldn't react to it. She loves to see how she's doing well on her profession but she also doesn't want to be on a long-distance relationship again. It feels like the history will repeat again. It's complicated and sensitive topic for her.

 

"Hey, did I say something wrong?" Tiffany couldn't miss it and she asked her.

 

Seohyun smiled reassuringly. "Nah. I'm just tired." And she exhales uncomfortably before she took a bite on her chicken nugget. She took a glance to Yoona on the bedside and smile a little.

 

"She'll recover probably just a few weeks." Tiffany suddenly said that made the younger girl looked at her.

 

"The Doctor said it might take a while because of her wounded kidney." Seohyun reminded.

 

"She's Him Yoona for nothing you know."

 

"I know. But I still consider for her not to rush her recovery. It might cause her an infection."

 

"Aigoo, you're indeed so concerned for her. I'm glad you guys didn't let the night passed and talked about your feelings. Thanks, because I can see her smiles... her happiness are different from back then."

 

Seohyun was caught off guard. "You-you know we’re… "

 

"Um, I hope you don't mind it but I had been watching you guys since in the engagement party until you guys were on the roof top. I only stopped stalking when you left there because I got a call from a friend."

 

"Oh." Blushing and felt shy, Seohyun couldn't look to Tiffany's eyes.

 

"Yah! Don't worry about it. I'm supporting you guys. Just a little advise, don't show it so much on public. I mean, you know Yoona is just starting. Everyone is always looking forward for her every move. It will affect her career whatever the public says."

 

"I know." Seohyun reassuringly smiled a little. She didn't expect it would end like this. But she doesn’t want to see Yoona fails on her dream as well. "You can count on me."

 

Suddenly, the door flung open, startling both girls inside the room.

 

"How's Yoona? I heard she undergo a kidney surgery?" Worried Jessica went straight to check the doe-eyed, who's unaware of her presence. She touched her forearm and smile. "Get well soon, Yoongie."

 

"She'll wake up later. The doctor will be here after lunch to see her." Seohyun said as she got up and stood beside her best friend. "She'll be fine."

 

Jessica weakly smiled to her best friend. "I'm sorry, it took me hours to know about this. I would have been here earlier. I blame that engagement; I couldn't check my phone." but she ends it with a blame to her lack of sense of time. It's like when she was with Yuri, she doesn't care with her surroundings anymore and even time.

 

"Yah! Jessica Jung! How can you blame that engagement when you deserve that with Yuri." Seohyun scolded, hitting her shoulder lightly.

 

"Let's not talk about that." Jessica glared briefly to her best friend. "Let's talk about did you end up here before me. I mean, the last time I know, I was the one who invited Yoona to comeback. Mind me updating on something?" She smirks and wiggles her eyebrows.

 

"Y-Yeri. She called me about this. I mean, Krystal called her and then she called Yoona because your sister was drunk and keeps calling her name. So Yoona went to the club and she encountered with a friend guy of your sister. That bad guy stabbed her. So Yeri called me about this and I don't think I can just stay in my apartment knowing someone needs me. That's what happened." Seohyun audible exhales in relief after she shares what happened. But in a fast way.

 

Jessica almost forgot to blink. But she heard everything and understand it. "Speaking of my sister. She was already discharged after some few tests on her." She sighs. She felt like a bad sister for not knowing her well.

 

"Do you know that friend of his?" Seohyun wonders.

 

"Nope." Jessica shakes her head. "How would I know when she rarely sees me. I mean, ever since she got her own condo, it's too hard for me to even stalk my own sister."

 

"That guy is Minhyuk." Tiffany who had been sitting on the sofa and is listening to them butted to transfer their attention on her. "The police were here earlier." She took her phone out and showed the photo the police shared to her. "And he's just on Krystal's age. According to their sources, he's one of the leaders of a group in the University Krysyal is attending. I don't know how did they know each other but he's obviously a bad influence to your sister, Jessica-ssi."

 

Jessica immediately walked forward to Tiffany and took her smartphone. "I know him. I think he's a son of one of the company's Director." She gasps as she recognized him. "I wasn't aware he is actually a friend of my sister."

 

"That guy already had records on violence. But this is the first time he committed a serious one. I already filed an attempted murder. No need to worry he'll hurt Yoona again."

 

"Thanks, Tiffany-ssi." Seohyun couldn't ask for more. Yoona's manager is really that good.

 

"She better stops seeing his other friends." Jessica muttered. "I need to protect her from this kind of people." She turned around walked to the door to leave that instant.

 

"Wait. Are you going to bring that basket of fruits with you?" Seohyun stopped her best friend when she just walked away without putting the basket of fruits down.

 

Jessica looked down and mentally face-palmed. She really forgot about it and she turns sheepishly to her best friend with a smile on her face. She embarrassingly walked back and place it down on the coffee table. "Don't forget to call me once Yoona woke up." She favors and finally left the room.

 

Seohyun smiled in amusement. 'I wonder what happened to her and Yuri last night?' But it turned to a smirk.

 

 

***

 

 

After an hour and a half of drive, Jessica arrived in her sister's condo unit just to see Yuri in front of the door. "Yah! I thought you went to the orphanage?"

 

"I just called mother Kim about the cancellation of the amusement park date. I thought it's a better thing to do over telling Daehan in person. I can't see his sad face." Yuri said sincerely. "Did you visit Yoona already?" And she noticed the basket of fruits are no longer on her hand.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter