Date 2.2

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26 | Date 2.2

 

***

 

After making sure their plan is clear for the both of them, Yoona and Jessica returned inside. Unlike earlier, they separated ways. Especially that Seohyun and Yuri's tables are in opposite sides with each other.

 

"Omo, Kwon Yuri?" Yoona quickly acted like she just found her cousin, as soon as she got into their table.

 

"Y-Yoona?" But instead of Yuri reacting to the deer, it's Tiffany, who is so surprised to see the doe-eyed girl she hasn't seen for months. "Wow! You're here also!"

 

Yoona flashes a friendly smile and gives the latter a bear hug. "It's been a while." and she gives her gentle pat on her back before pulling back from the hug.

 

"Yeah, what's up?!" Tiffany hits the deer's chest. "Where's Jessica? Why are you alone?" But she noticed something unusual.

 

Yoona's eyes widened and quickly covered the latter's mouth.

 

"Jessica? Did you just ask my cousin about Jessica... Jung?" Yuri wasn't sure who the Jessica Tiffany is was talking about, so she tried to guess, looking back at her cousin who is weirdly covering the eye-smiled girl's mouth.

 

"Nope! It's not. It's a different Jessica... Jessica Cho? Yup. She is." Yoona said and gives Tiffany a meaningful glare. 'Don't you freaking mention that name again.'

 

"Cho? Why I don't know that person, Yoong?" Yuri raise her eyebrows in suspicion.

 

Tiffany quickly pushed the deer's hand away from her. "She's a college friend." And save the doe-eyed girl. "I thought they're still dating."

 

"Dating? Your ex-girlfriend's name is Jessica also?" Yuri exclaimed. "Is this the reason why you got along immediately with the Jessica? Or is it really the Jung I know?"

 

Yoona literally shot Tiffany another glare before she turned to her cousin. "Let's take our seats first, shall we?" Pushing her down to her chair and she also ushers the other girl, as she took hers between them. "It's the same name indeed, but not that person you know! Idiot!"

 

"Wait, so you know this Jung?" Tiffany asked, realizing something.

 

"Yes. I... I just know her a month ago." Yuri replied. "You know her also?"

 

"We're not friends but I know her since her family is huge in business industry." Tiffany stated as fact. She knew Yoona is dating the latter back then but never tried to be friend with her, or even had their eyes met with each other. She's not someone who make friends first either way.

 

"Wow, that stupid is really popular." Yuri chuckled.

 

"Totally popular. But why do you sound like you're close with her?" Tiffany also noticed how the tan girl just casually called the blonde like that.

 

"They're." Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

"We're not that close. But really, what a coincidence for you to be here also, Yoong. And alone?" Yuri couldn't have missed it and . "Where's Seohyun?" And honestly deep inside, she's happy she's not with Jessica. Otherwise, her mind will once again think something she wouldn't like.

 

"Seohyun is not with me, obviously. I'm here because someone ask me to and I have no idea where I should seat, so it's good and you guys are here. Eh?"

 

"I just find Yuri, here, too." Tiffany informed.

 

"Oh? You guys didn't come here together?" Yoona intentionally raise her voice, so the blonde from the nearby table can hear her.

 

"Are you deaf?" Yuri couldn't believe her cousin and hits her arm.

 

"Well, I just thought you guys really went together to have a date." Yoona chucked awkwardly. "But really, glad to know."

 

"Yuri is alone and I am also, It just happened the we met." Tiffany said, flashing a friendly smile to Yuri. "Like it's meant to be."

 

"It is." Yuri smiled back. However, Yoona suddenly blocks them to grab the champagne bottle and poured the content into a glass wine.

 

"Let's have a toast." Yoona said as she poured the other glasses as well with champagne.

 

"Wae?" Yuri is confused, as she took her glass from her cousin.

 

"Should the president do this first?" Tiffany asked also, looking around to see if the President has arrived.

 

"Yah! We make a toast because you just comeback from the dead." Yoona jokes earning a hit from the girl. "But serious, we should because we missed you, right cousin?" She grinned towards her older cousin who grimace at her. "Here." But ignores it and proceed to raise her glass.

 

Tiffany smiled so brightly, giving what the doe-eyed is asking. Yuri did also, smiling back at her.

 

"To Tiffany's reunion with us. Hope you continue to keeping in touch with us." Yoona announced and they all drink their own drinks.

 

"By the way, since you know that Jessica my cousin has previously dated, how does she look like, Fany?" Yuri dropped the question out of nowhere, causing for Yoona to suddenly cough after having a little drink on her alcohol.

 

"You really haven't seen her?" Tiffany chuckles while watching the deer in the middle, rubbing her chest. Then the girl looked at her with a frown.

 

"Well, Yoona and I... We are both busy school stuffs back then that we barely know each other's friends." Yuri shared as a matter of fact. "So, I have no idea she dated someone back then. And it looks like, they were so in love. So, I am curious, what does she looks like?"

 

"She's pretty of course."

 

"Not blonde?"

 

"Of course!" Yoona exclaimed. "I don't like blonde girls!"

 

"Whoa, whoa, I am not asking you like that. Why wouldn't you like them, eh?" Yuri feeling weird with the way her cousin responded.

 

Tiffany giggles upon seeing the deer got mum. "She does. Of course." So, she defends her. "I think it's just because she doesn't want you to think it's the Jung she dated back then. Anyway, so she's pretty and is actually a model."

 

"A model?"

 

"She's a model back in college."

 

"I see."

 

"Wait, why are we talking about her? We should talk about you, Tiffany." Yoona quickly change the topic. "What's been keeping you busy, Miss Young?" She crossed her arms and raise her eyebrows towards her.

 

"She got into designing. Just like when she's in high school."

 

"Oh? Fashion designer?"

 

"Ugh, I don't want to talk about work. Let's talk about my moving to my new condo." Tiffany wiggles her eyebrows while smiling like a fool, as it just comes to her mind. "Are you guys going or not?"

 

"Why?" Yoona and Yuri both replied at the same time.

 

"Ugh! I need a help in moving my things. Why don't we continue to this in my new condo... This weekend?"

 

"Oh, that sounds good." Yuri got excited.

 

"No. I will pass for that. I mean, I'm busy this coming weekend." Yoona replied, thinking of Seohyun's plans in coming back to her hometown.

 

"Chincha? With work?"

 

"Nope. Someone needs me later." Yoona smiled as she briefly glances to Seohyun, that can be seen laughing along with her ex-girlfriend now. And it's good to see instead of Changmin.

 

"Seohyun?" Yuri mentioned which made Tiffany gasped.

 

"Did you just mentioned your-" Tiffany was cut off when she felt a kick under the table and Yuri gives her a glare. "Hahahaha!!!" She ends up laughing. 'Why are these two don't want me to share about their exes?' But it's weird for her that the two obviously don't want to mention their exes in front of each other.

 

"Mention what?" It's turn for Yoona to be confused. "Um, are you okay, Tiffany?" She felt strange when the latter just keeps on laughing. "Was there any funny? Or you're being bipolar right now?"

 

"Yah! I am not! I just suddenly want to laugh! Hahahaha!!!" Tiffany laughs like non-stop, earning some attentions around already.

 

"The President is here."

 

Yuri and Yoona both sighs in relief as Tiffany finally stopped from laughing. Together, they stood on their feet, just like the others.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica on her table with Seohyun and Changmin gives a glance to Yuri. She unconsciously smiled, feeling relieved now that she's with her cousin, not alone anymore with that Tiffany girl.

 

 

***

 

 

"Did you just shoo Changmin Oppa away?" After she saw Changmin have left without saying goodbye to her, Seohyun thinks her best friend just shoo her away.

 

"Of course not." Jessica turned to face her best friend. "He was the one who left. He even ask me to tell you that he'll be coming to the cafe tomorrow to see you." she told her, honestly. "It's your fault that it took you long to leave the comfort room." she reminded.

 

Seohyun sighs. "Fine."

 

"Come on." Grabbing her best friend's arm, Jessica cling into her arm as she drags her gently along with her, while they're heading out. "We still have to go somewhere." she announced.

 

"Somewhere? Why? It's almost 9, Sica!" Seohyun said. "Shouldn't we head home straight?"

 

"9 is still so early. Why don't we go to a park first? You know, to have some fresh air? And talk about stuffs that we missed with each other." Jessica grinned. "Especially about Changmin."

 

"Why would we talk about him?" Seohyun finds it funny. "You know him already."

 

"I do. But I missed to know what's up with him lately. And he barely talks when I arrived in your table."

 

"There's nothing interesting about him."

 

Jessica scoffs. "But you guys were so close earlier. Nothing interesting?"

 

"Ugh, we just missed each other, that's all." Seohyun shakes her head in disbelief. "Should it be you telling me what's bothering you earlier?" she reminded, because she couldn't have missed how her best friend would suddenly mumble something in the middle of their conversation.

 

"I told you, I wasn't bothered with anything." Jessica denied, as she let go of the younger girl's arm and opened her car door, letting her to come inside.

 

"You sure bothered me though." Seohyun mumbles as she steps inside.

 

Jessica closes the door gently and took the driver seat. Before she put on her own seat belt, she grabs her phone from her shoulder bag and she sent Yoona a message.

 

"Who was that?" Seohyun noticed her best friend just sends someone a message before putting it back to her bag.

 

"Oh, just my secretary." Smiled Jessica, slowly putting on her seat belt. "Are you done?"


"Oh yeah." Seohyun hastily locks her own seat belt as well. "Why don't we drop by a convenience store? We can't go to the park without anything with us." She suggested as she suddenly got excited. It's been a while since she and the girl had done it; picnic at night.

 

"No worries. I can get it for you later." Jessica reassuringly smiled before turning on the engine and she carefully drives off.

 

"It was a great night with the President, though." Seohyun mentioned while smiling so genuinely.

 

"It was. I like everything they prepared for us. I bet the will be doing it again next year." Jessica couldn't disagree. She had fun despite being like a stalker for Yuri half of the entire event.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter