Mission

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

41 | Mission

 

 

***
 

 

Yuri couldn't get any excited. It's been a while since she last stepped inside a University. It felt like it's her first time. All the students that's coming acrose with her are greeting her in respect and she would greet back enthusiastically, filling up her heart with joy. But before she can completely enter the building, she saw a familiar car that pulled over and followed by the other cars from rich families.

 

Krystal stepped out of the car from the passenger seat and followed by her mother. The two hook arms and smile when she saw her.

 

"Good morning, Mrs. Jung, Krystal." Greeted Yuri smiling back at them.

 

"Are you going to come back teaching, Ms. Kwon?" Mrs. Jung is happy to see her daughter-in-law. Ever since the engagement, she wanted to see her often.

 

"Yes. Today is my first day." Yuri responded and she make a way for them. "After you two." With a gesture hand. 

 

Krystal and her mom complied. They still wear big smiles as they never let go of each other's arms. It feels like it's the first time bringing her daughter to school for Mrs. Jung and she loves it. Krystal on the other hand wishes to have her mom always dropping her to school even though she's already in college. She just misses the days when she was dropped by her parents together with her sister despite their age differences. She hopes it will continue until she graduates.

 

Yuri who is also smiling from ear to ear couldn't get her eyes off of the two Jungs. It's not all the time she's going to see it. She she didn't hesitate and took a picture of them from behind and send it to her fiance.

 

After a while they separated ways, the Jungs went to the University's office while she head straight to her first class, which is Krystal's also. The classroom isn't yet filled with students that she took the chance and plant a hidden camera from every corner of the room. She's sure the three are shameless about what happened that they will still show up on their first class.

 

Taking her seat, she took her laptop out of her backpack and opened the software that connects to the cameras. She all of them and she can see herself automatically. It has audio recording too so she can hear later what will the three talk about. Krysyal told her they sit at the back, so she can easily listen to them. 

 

Glancing to her wrist watch, she let out a sigh. "Fifteen minutes." Her eyes wander outside through the windows making her smile to see the good and bright day.

 

Just then, one female student entered the room and was about to pass her table when she looked at her close. "You are new, aren't you?"

 

"Yes. You have good eyes." Yuri flashes a brief big smile.

 

"You're earlier than our previous." The student said and proceed to her seat.

 

Yuri took a glance again to her watch and another student entered followed by group of female students. Then it goes on until she spotted Minhyuk, Kai and Kyungsoo are looking so bright when they used the door from behind to enter the room. It was her cue to turn on the recording. She keeps her eyes on them while she greets the students coming in with a bright smile, until Krystal entered. The latter give a small bow before heading to her seat.

 

As soon as the bell rang, everyone settle down and she got up to introduce herself as their new philosophy professor. 

 

"You don't look like a professor."

 

"Too young than our previous."

 

"But you guys like this, right?" Yuri chuckled when some students reacted. "Anyway, let's mov on." And she began to teach them a new lesson they haven't taught from the previous. Everyone is attentive except for the three students at the last row.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun isn't regretful at all that she decided to come with her best friend. She didn't even tired her from searching the same but she also tired her from choosing the best night gowns. Luckily, she also bought for her in return for bringing her with her in the mall. "We had enough here, aren't we?" She ask the blonde while she's busy with her lunch meal before her.

 

Jessica shakes her head. "Nope." As she mumbles. "We're not done yet."

 

"What? We already bought the stores around, I think." Seohyun reminded as she looked at their paper bags on the other seats. "You will end up-"

 

"You. Seo Joohyun. Just when did you last touch your money?" Jessica interrupted as she asks her best friend. "You've been saving them without even using it. You have a good condo now, Yeri graduated and now you have a rich girlfriend. There's nothing to worry about the people around you now. Buy something for yourself too, can't you?" She playfully tried to punch her earning an amuse smile. "Aigoo, look at yourself one day please. No one would think you're younger than me." she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

"Yah, don't think like I never think of myself too. It's... just that. I'm not like you who know exactly what to buy or how to maintain it. I've done this too." Seohyun is defensive, feeling a little offensive.

 

"Then I'll teach you on how to maintain your young self. Let's go to a salon after this." Jessica wiggles her eyebrows while smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Ugh, don't bother. Let's-"

 

"No, Seo Joohyun. I have to. Look how your in-laws doesn't like you either or can't even make an appointment with you? Aigoo, you're so old fashioned. Let's fix you, okay?" Jessica don't like declines especially from her best friend.

 

"I'm not broken." Seohyun chuckled.

 

"And so do I. So whether you like it or not, we're going to the salon. Otherwise, Yoona will regret dating you. Aish."

 

"Why would she? She loves me."

 

"She does but-"

 

"And she already saw me how... pretty I am at your engagement party." Seohyun couldn't help and mention it.

 

"Yah! Be pretty always not only on occassion. Aish, why did I become friends with you?" Jessica questioned as she cringes with her best friend's response.

 

"And you're regretting?"

 

"I am. So I am going to bring you later. Don't you dare run away." Jessica give a warning as she sent glares to her best friend who only giggles. She took her chopsticks back and ushers her to finish her meal. "You still even owe me."

 

"What did I owe you?" Seohyun is in disbelief.

 

"Your Ppoppo. Tell her to stop stealing things when you guys visit me in our house." Jessica shamelessly reminded her.

 

"Ppoppo doesn't steal things, Jessica Jung. Maybe it was Yuri." Seohyun guesses, couldn't still believe the blonde blames her innocent puppy.

 

"How are you going to explain the hole on it? The last time I remember it wasn't like that."

 

"Aigoo, you're crazy."

 

"Ppoppo is crazier. You should get her a boyfriend or girlfriend so she will stop stealing my ." Jessica gives an advice.

 

"Fine." Seohyun giggles. "I'll tell her later." She casually picked up her phone resting on the table when she heard it beep. "Omo, speaking of girlfriend. Her smile got wider when she reads the doe-eyed girl's message.

 

Yoona: I'm home. I just had lunch. How about you?

 

"Tsk, the effect of someone in love." Jessica mumbles, watching the younger girl in awe, as her attention now is on the phone, not on her. 'Wait it's lunch break. So my Yuri is probably free right now too.' Something came up on her mind and she hastily fetch her phone out from her shoulder bag and sent her fiancee a message.

 

to Yul: Baby, I'm having lunch with Seohyun. How are you there? Don't skip lunch, okay?

 

It took only a second and the latter responded.

 

Yul: I'm eating now while watching these three guys. The mission is going smooth baby.

 

"Aww, I love her too." Seohyun commented loudly after reading her girlfriend's response,

 

Yoona: I'm going to cook for you tomorrow and let's spend a lot of time together. I love you.

 

Jessica who heard it kick her best friend's feet under the table. "Don't say it loud. There are singles out there." reminding her to be careful.

 

"Chincha? I'll keep it low now." Seohyun giggles before switching her attention to her phone as she responded to her girlfriend.

 

to Yoona: I love you too, Yoongie. Can you call later tonight? I miss you already. Texting is not good for me.

 

Just like Yuri, Yoona's response was instant.

 

Yoona: I'm planning that too coz I miss ur voice too. Let's talk until the sun rises.

 

A giddy smile plastered in Seohyun's face upon reading her response. Jessica on the other hand is giggling to read her fiance's text message.

 

Yul: I'll fetch you in your office later. Let's go have a romantic dinner. It's my treat, princess. Then let's see the nearby fireworks display. It's going to be a memorable night for the two of us. 

 

Yoona: Let's do a video call from dinner and on wards rather. So I can not only hear your voice, I can see your beautiful face too.

 

Both best friends couldn't just hide their excitement as they forgot their remaining food and just focus on texting their girlfriends while giggling and faces are blushing.

 

 

***

 

 

Yuri let out a hue relieved of sigh as the bell rang once again, indicating that her last class of the day is over. She gather her stuffs including her laptop to her backpack and casually left the room when someone suddenly called her.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri!"

 

It was familiar that she her back automatically. "Victoria?" 

 

"Wow." The mentioned lady jogs towards her and check on her from head to toe. "Look at you. I never thought you are serious with what you said from our last dinner." She chuckles. "You are indeed a professor."

 

"Don't call me by my name. We don't know each other." Yuri said firmly as she glances to students passing at them, making sure they didn't hear her.

 

"Oh come on. Don't be like that."

 

"I'm not here to chitchat, Victoria-ssi. You know that."

 

Victoria quickly block the young professor's way before she could leave. "You're going home now?" Her eyes are sparkling as something is on her mind.

 

"Of course." Yuri tried to pass on her but she will block her that will stop her from walking. "If you have nothing important to share, don't bother talking to me." She got annoyed of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter