Let's Play

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

34 | Let's Play

 

 

***

 

 

Just like how the sun sets, everyone is as early as the sun rises, couldn't missed the chance to witness another opportunity of the nature's amazing show. Yoona and Yuri however are the earliest, as they decided to make everyone hot choco drinks where everyone can enjoy while watching the beauty of nature.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?" Somehow, in the middle of everyone's silence, Yoona managed to ask Seohyun, who is cuddling with her blanket.

 

"Yes. Thank you." Seohyun smiled warmly.

 

"Why thanking me?" Yoona couldn't get it.

 

"For inviting my best friend." said Seohyun, glancing over her best friend, who is talking Yeri on the other side. "It made even special to see her with us."

 

Yoona nodded in understanding. Her eyes caught the sight of her cousin, sending her sweet and cute smiles. "You probably had a dream together with her." she told the younger girl.

 

"How did you know?" chuckled Seohyun softly.

 

"That's how best friends works most of the time." Yoona smiled sheepishly.

 

"How about you, Yoona?"

 

"I did. Well, Yuri's snoring a lot so I had to cover my ears until I fell asleep."

 

Seohyun giggles. "She never changed."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I mean, people really don't change. I'm pretty sure she snores since she was a child." She shamelessly rephrases her words, smiling awkwardly. She reminded herself that she hasn't shared about Yuri being her ex and it's not a good idea to ever do it when they're on a trip.

 

Yoona smiled in amusement. "You really know a lot. That's one of your treats I really like." and couldn't help but praise her at the same time.

 

"By the what do you prefer? Sun rise or sunset?" "Seohyun got curious and she did not hesitate to ask her.

 

"Why do you ask?" Yoona chuckles.

 

"I am just curious. Since you treat us with these." Seohyun smiled warmly.

 

"I think I already explained that I love nature as much as you guys do." Yoona said as a reminder.

 

"That doesn't explain my question." Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

 

"Well... " Yoona pause as she thinks of how will she answer such question. "I would say I love sunrise more."

 

"Why?" Seohyun's eyebrows rising.

 

"Since I'm a morning person." Yoona replied simply and honestly. "What about you then?" she smirked, turning the table.

 

Seohyun had a brief smile as she looked back at the sunrise. "Same. But it was because sun rising means you get another day to get by. You get another chance to correct what's wrong from the past." she glanced back to the deer and smile, warmly once again.

 

Yoonq doesn't know why but she senses she was talking about her own past and that's something she's happy for. Because it sounds like they have really talked well with Yuri.

 

"By the way, Chae Soobin seems so fond of yours." Seohyun can't missed the sight of the mentioned girl watching them behind the deer's shoulder.

 

With the mention of her staff, Yoona turned her head where the younger is looking at. Soobin bowed her head when their eyes met and she flashes her a friendly smile. "She's really just friendly."

 

"Is she new or not?"

 

"Working with me?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun is curious to know. To see how the doe-eyed smile means she knows her before Yeri.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "Nope. She had been with me since then. I mean, back when I am still working in my parents’ company. I like how dedicated she is to her work so I decided to bring her with me. I learned she liked to cook so I made her as an assistant chef."

 

"Oh." Seohyun nodded as she finally learned but got quite a little jealous because she can cook well. Unlike her. "I didn't notice her until yesterday."

 

"She's workaholic. Maybe just taking the chance to enjoy the trip." Yoona said softly. "But poor her, she got injured."

 

"You are... Worried for her?"

 

"Of course. Since I care for everyone here. Well, Soobin is special because she's one of the restaurant's top chefs. Costumers love her that's why." Yoona said innocently and sincerely, oblivious that the younger is jealous the way she's talking about her.

 

"She really seems." Seohyun fake a smile. 'No wonder she can't stop watching us. Her boss is fond of hers too. Jessica is really wrong that she likes Yuri. Aish.' she thought and sent the doe-eyed with a brief glare.

 

Yoona smiled confusedly. "Hmm?"

 

"Nothing. Excuse me." Seohyun said and walked to her tent.

 

"What the heck?" Yoona really couldn't really get it. Just earlier she was smiling talking about sun rise and now she just glared at her and walk out without telling her in details.

 

"What did you talk with Seohyun?" Yuri approached her cousin after she saw the other girl left her. She can't talk with everyone at the moment.

 

"Just talking random stuffs but she suddenly left me without even telling me in details. Did I say something wrong?"

 

"Wae? What's that ramdom?" Yuri curiously ask, raising her eyebrows in the process.

 

"It's just about Chae Soobin." Yoona shared without hesitations.

 

"She ask about her?" Yuri guesses.

 

"Yes. And. I just told her honestly."

 

"Sheesh. She really something."

 

Yoona chuckled. "I thought you would say something better."

 

"What?" Yuri got confused.

 

"I mean how could you tell me that when you are supposed to give me an explanation why she's like that." Yoona chuckled in disbelief.

 

"Oh. I just don't know how to actually explain that. So yeah. Hahahaha." Yuri laughs embarrassingly.

 

"What a fool." Yoona playfully replied earning a hit from her cousin on her arm. She stuck her tongue out and the latter just literally hit her on the head. She automatically hits her back which they end up hitting each other and laughing at the same time. Oblivious that the people around them are now watching them in awe, including Jessica and Yeri.

 

"You know when two fools collaborate? they're called the foolest." Jessica told Yeri who smiled in amusement.

 

 

***

 

 

"Yah! What's wrong with you earlier?" Jessica asked as she approaches her best friend. She saw what happened and it got her concerned since the deer doesn't seemed to have done wrong. They were just talking comfortably when she suddenly left. "Did Yoona say something bad that upsets you?"

 

Seohyun just pushed her stuffs on her backpackers before she answers. "I was right, Sica."

 

"From what?" Jessica helps her best friend as she carried her backpack on her back.

 

"That Chae Soobin likes Yoona not Yuri." Seohyun said in a low voice, careful for anyone to hear it.

 

Jessica scoffs. "You are still not over with that?" But it also amuses her.

 

"Wae? You already know it's Yoona all along?"

 

"I did not say like that." Jessica chuckles. "What I mean is that, you're still thinking Soobin likes the deer when you can see obviously it's Yuri." She said as she believes it seriously.

 

"Did you ask her that? Wait, just when did you call Yoona like that?" Seohyun got surprised to hear her best friend calling the young chef with a nickname she can't even do. She sounds so comfortable using it. As if she knew her all along.

 

"Ahahahaha!" Jessica awkwardly laughs. "Wasn't it true? Her eyes are like doe-eyes from the deer."

 

Seohyun confusedly raise her eyebrows. "She is. But I've never heard anyone calling her like that. Until you did just now."

 

"Come on, Yoona is not hard to get along, Seohyun. So, don't hesitate and call her anything you want. Pretty sure she would like it."

 

"It's just weird to hear it." Seohyun giggles cutely.

 

"So, it's the reason you left her earlier?"

 

"About Chae Soobin?"

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Who else."

 

"Yes." Seohyun sighs as she admits it. She glances to where Yoona is, who is busy helping her staffs from packing up their stuffs, so they could start climbing down the mountain. "She knew her well."

 

"Better than you?" Jessicw hinted earning a frown from her best friend.

 

"I'm not saying like that."

 

"Come on, you know it all along. Just let it go, will you? It will be worth it. I'm sure of that."

 

Seohyun once again sigh. "I'm... I'm... I'm on it."

 

"Take your time." Jessica patted her best friend's shoulders earning a hug rather from her.

 

"I know I can always trust in you. So, you should do the same with Yuri." Seohyun whispered to her best friend, letting her know that her feelings for her ex-girlfriend is now okay for her.

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica however couldn't figure it out.

 

"I know you like her, what's stopping you?" Seohyun pulled back and asks.

 

"Stopping me? I'm not. I'm-I'm just like you. Taking it slowly. You know, it's not easy to trust again." Jessica tried to explain but she only got a teasing smile from the ex-girlfriend of the tan woman. "Aish! We're talking about you, not me nor that donkey! What are you doing?" She looked elsewhere, couldn't take the teasing from her own best friend. 'As if she did not know what I've experienced too.' She thought, feeling unfair.'

 

"Anyway, I'm glad you're taking time too. We don't have to rush, after all."

 

"Exactly what I am saying."

 

"Yet you sounded rush about Yoona." Seohyun reminded which cause a laughter from the blonde. She laughs along and they end up hugging again.

 

"Alright guys, before anything else." Yoona clap her hands to catch the attention of everyone.

 

Seohyun and Jessica stopped their antics and listens to the doe-eyed.

 

"This trip isn't over. As what I have mentioned, we are still getting started." Yoona continued, eyeing her staffs and her friends. "To continue this, would like inform that as we go down, besides be careful on the way down, there are cards like this." She showed a white card from her pocket. "That are hidden around the mountain. There are fifty of them and each of them has something that you will really like. The person that got more cards will have a special gift once we arrived at the villa. So don't just search for one cause you will never know what will be the surprise."

 

"Wooohooo!!!"

 

"Hell Yeah!!!" Everyone got excited and can't wait to find the hidden cards.

 

"Alright. I'll count now... " Yoona pause and look amuse as her staffs gets ready. "5, 4, 3... " Not only them but also her friends and cousin. She smirks and continues. "2... 1. Go!" She didn't think twice and give them the signal. "Remember, please be careful always!" She shouted as all of them are now moving, slowly leaving her behind.

 

"Wow, you're really the best, Im Yoona." Yuri gives her cousin a pat on the head. "But I'm getting the surprise gift from you." She winks and quickly followed the others.

 

Yoona snickers as she followed calmly in suit. Moments later, she can now hear and see her staffs finding the cards. Most of them found it on a tree's bunches, under the stones and bushes. She can't help and smile to see the happiness on their faces. But her smile got wider when she saw Seohyun got one also with her sister. Both are celebrating when they found their cards hanging on the branches. But she just realizes Jessica, Yuri and Soobin are nowhere to be found. At least not near her. 'Where could have been are they?'

 

 

***

 

 

Jessica had been too focused on getting more cards as much as possible that she unconsciously got away from her best friend. So far, she found three and she wanted to get more. But as time passes, she realizes she had completely lost everyone. It was then she realizes someone had been following her in the middle of the forest.

 

It brought chills down to her spine and is scaring her. She doesn't want stop nor turn her head as she keeps on walking and walking in the aisle of bushes. She keeps on walking fast not knowing where to go and not check her path, until she trips on a wood, almost falling on the ground if not for an arm that grabs her. But that cause her to freak out. "Yah! Yah! Yah! Yaaaah!!! Let go of meeeee!!!" as she ends up slapping the stranger so many times until the latter got her hands and talk to her.

 

"It's just me, Jessica Jung!" Yuri exclaimed despite all the hit she got on her head and shoulders.

 

Jessica got slapped on the reality. "Omo, Y-Yuri?" but is surprise to learn. "What are you doing here?! I thought you're some killer!" she hits her again on her shoulder.

 

"What?! You thought I was?" Yuri chuckled in amusement. "I had been following you because I saw you leaving the others." she explained.

 

"So, it's not some bad person?"

 

"Wae? You wish for one?"

 

"What?" Jessica sent her glares.

 

"I'm just kidding. But seriously, you have to see your surroundings as well. You've been like a serious detective, trying to find clues anywhere. Aish!" Yuri attempted to hit the blonde but only to put it down when she saw her glares again. "Anyway, let's get back before they completely disappear." she tried to take her hand but the latter dodge it. "Come on."

 

Jessica shook her head. "We're not yet okay." And she stomps her feet, walking back while crossing her arms.

 

Yuri did not expect it but it didn't fail to give butterflies on her stomach. "Yet you are talking with me now. This is actually a progress." she followed her and tease right away.

 

Out of a sudden, Jessica stop on her tracks. "Waeyo?" Which cause Yuri to look at her confusedly.

 

Jessica did say anything as she only pointed at something. Yuri followed and found shoe wore by someone behind a trunk.

 

"Otoke?" Instinctively, Jessica went closer to Yuri and hides behind her. "I think it's the real killer." she started trembling in fear while clutching into Yuri's jacket behind.

 

Yuri gulped nervously but refused to get affected by the blonde. "Y-Yah! Who's there?" She tried to call out the attention of the person. She found a dried branch on the side and hastily grabs it. "Show yourself, NOW!" and she demanded, holding the branch tightly. She's a bit scared but she doesn't want to show it, as their safety is on the line.

 

Jessica keeps on peeking behind the tan woman, making sure if the person behind the tree is not someone as she is thinking at the moment. Otherwise, she can't forgive her or him if one of them gets hurt. "Sho-shouldn't we just... r-run away, Yuri?" she is ready to run off if the latter will agree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter