Mad

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 | Mad

 

***

 

"Am I seeing two Yoonas or two Yuri's?" Jessica is confused if she's whether seeing her ex-girlfriend having a twin, or is it Yuri having a twin. "No. This isn't right. Yuri mentioned she doesn't have a sibling and so as Yoona, she never had a younger or older sister. But... why they do looked exactly the same? It's just that, Yoona sure looks whiter and Yuri is forever a tan. Aigoo... so does this means..." she trails off and suddenly widened her eyes. "They... they dated? Wait... Yoona dated Yuri before me?!" she exclaimed. "I thought I am her first girlfriend?! Oh come on, this is too absurd. But they are too close... and even seems... sweet." she cringe because Yoona and Yuri's faces are next to each other on the photo and they're even making a heart with their fingers. "That Kwon Yuri, she's lying to me? Or is it Yoona who lied to me? That Kwon Yuri better explain this to me." she ignored the picture finally and washes her hands through the sink. She then left the bathroom and realized the room is empty. "Aish, seriously." She just shrugs and headed outside.

 

"Oh, I was about to go upstairs." Yuri greeted her with a big smile, upon seeing her standing by the door.

 

"Really? Or you are going to just let me starve?" Jessica sure the tan girl is lying, since she can see she's enjoying her meal and only turned her attention when she arrived in their dining room. "You did not even wait for me?" she can't believe it but she takes her seat across the tan girl nevertheless, sending her icy glares however.

 

Yuri just chuckles. "You don't know me yet well, Jessica Jung." and she pours a glass of wine on the girl's glass.

 

"Yeah, I really haven't know you well." Jessica mumbles, taking her fork and spoon as she digs on her food. "I don't even know you; you have a girlfriend in your high school before."

 

"What?" Yuri got more reason to laugh. "What are you talking about?"

 

"You lied to me!"

 

"What lied? I don't know what you're talking about."

 

"Yah! I thought you never had a girlfriend before!"

 

Yuri almost chokes at her own food when she laughs furthermore. "I never mentioned... that. Hahaha... "

 

"You... never did?" Jessica however pauses as she recalls of the past days she spent her time with the latter. "Oh yeah... you never did. So you really dated someone?" her voice came out low, for unknown reasons.

 

"Of course. We were high school friends, that's kind of liking each other and ends up dating each other." Yuri said as a matter of fact, coughing afterwards. She grabs the glass of wine and drink it instead of a usual water. She thought of Seohyun right away.

 

Jessica suddenly grit her teeth and tightened her hold on her spoon. 'So it's Yoona who lied. She told me I'm her first girlfriend when we are still... dating.' "Where is she now? Why I don't seemed to see her around?" She asks, curious as to what happened to Yoona and Yuri's relationship.

 

"That's impossible for me to know... and that's quiet personal. I mean, I don't like telling you about my past girlfriend." Yuri said with an apologetic smile. "Let's just eat shall we?" as much as she wanted to share about her dating life, she doesn't think it's good since she respected Seohyun, still. It would be disrespectful if she mentions her ex-girlfriend to someone the girl doesn't know. So it's better keep it.

 

"Why?" The blonde's brows rose.

 

"Because it's from the past, okay? And there's nothing to talking about it anymore. I shouldn't be talking about her, since we are already done."

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Yes, seriously. And besides, there's nothing interesting about us. But wait... " Yuri suddenly noticed something. "How... how did you know I dated someone back then?"

 

"That girl... " Jessica was about to mention Yoona's name when she thought of what Amber have said back then, 'Mentioning your ex-girlfriend's name will cause bad luck.' So she changed her mind. "I just think of it. You know, you haven't mentioned you dated someone. I thought you don't know about that kind of thing? You know, falling for someone?" She ends up being sarcastic towards the tan girl.

 

Yuri's face changed into a poker. "I think it's you who don't know that thing... because you are always cold zombie." as she turns the table.

 

"The Donkey is speaking, what a miracle."

 

Yuri scoffs. "Then I'm not helping you with your problem later."

 

"What?!" Jessica literally punched the table, startling the tan girl.

 

"I said... Just eat zombie and we'll talk about your silly problem." Yuri chuckled and she stuck her tongue to her again, earning a kick under the table. "Oh God, please forgive this human being here."

 

As much as Jessica wants to counter back, she felt like it's too much already. And she's in front of the meal; it's a disrespect to keep doing it. So she just shrugs it off and keeps shut, as she returns to her meal. But she couldn't help and glance to Yuri back. 'I wonder if she's still... having contacts with her since she has her photo on her mirror... This is too absurd, having an ex-girlfriend that's related to Yuri. And she's her ex too. We share this same ex? Heol.' She cringe at the thought of it. 'Aish. Forget about it now, Jessica Jung. Past is past indeed. But why am I feeling like... this is wrong? Aigoo, weird.'

 

"By the way, you also dated someone back then too, right?"

 

Jessica literally choke at her own food and quickly grabs the wine bottle rather than the glass.

 

"Y-Yah! Why are you drinking there? You have... Aish, really stupid." Yuri is watching in disbelief. "Never mind what I said. Just finish your meal." she shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders.

 

Wiping her lips with the back of her hand, Jessica let out a huge sigh of relieved and sent Yuri glares while the latter doesn't pay attention. 'She will really kill me without her knowing. Stupid Donkey.' She returned to her meal again but she really can't stop herself and thought of it again. 'I need to investigate this. There's no way we share the same ex-girlfriend.'

 

 

***

 

 

After so many turns here and there, Yoona found a good spot for them to hide. She didn't warn the younger girl as she just lifts her up "Get in." and told her to comply. Seohyun instinctively just let herself in at the back of a pick-up car and hide behind the plastic covers. Yoona did not waste time and she follows her inside. She hastily covered Seohyun's mouth as she scooted closer to her, once they heard a lot of steps outside, and heard faint voices, probably from Jaesuk's men.

 

"Those idiots."

 

"How are they so fast?"

 

"That deer is damn fast. Seohyun-ssi was only dragged."

 

"Whoa, pretty sure they're a couple."

 

"Go find them around, NOW! They can't get away from us this time." Jaesuk's voice is louder, which lead to his mean to automatically leave and scatter around the town. "If they can't pay me, then they can pay me with their lives." He said and kicks the wheel of the truck and left the scene.

 

Yoona and Seohyun looked into each other's eyes, with their eyes widening. Both of their hearts are racing fast, like it would explode anytime soon if they don't make a stop.

 

"How are we going to escape them?" Seohyun's voice is shaky, asking Yoona like she knows. "I don't have enough money yet, Yoona-ssi."

 

Yoona is as scared as the younger girl. But she remained calm and smiled reassuringly. "I believe there is a solution for this, so don't stress it out. We'll make it through." she pulled the younger girl into a tight hug, comforting her as she felt her trembling in fear. 'If only I can give you my help, but I know you wouldn't accept it.' she thought, feeling helpless because she can't do anything of her situation.

 

Seohyun silently cried in the deer's shoulder. She's glad the deer is with her before Jaesuk finds her; otherwise, she will be dead by tomorrow. She felt regrets that she spends so much time with Changmin in their house, now it's hard to even comeback home.

 

"Let's just stay here until the dawn comes. I don't think they would search for us until then." Yoona whispered to her ear, gently rubbing her back and gives her more comforting words.

 

Seohyun as time passes is slowly calming down. But it also makes her felt sleepy. Her arms around Yoona loosen up and her head slowly rested unconsciously to her shoulder.

 

Yoona on the other hand is feeling the fatigue. Her back unconsciously leaned into the truck, as she closed her eyes, without her letting go of the girl in her eyes; she slowly followed her to her dreamland.

 

 

***

 

 

The weird sounds coming from the outside, wake two people up from their deep slumber. Both groans as they both felt of their head throbbing and backs are in pain. Both slowly sat up, taking off the covers off so they can finally see the day outside.

 

But to their surprised, a much brighter day greets them. They have to cover their eyes to cover themselves from the sunshine and let themselves take time to get used of the bright day. What's weird, they are hearing faint voices not far from where they are. It's like a lot of people are in the same place as them. Not to mention, the smell around is weird.

 

Yoona got curious and she slowly but carefully jumps off of the truck. It took sometime before she realized the ground. "Omo." she was met by a shiny ground instead of a rough one. Then she got more confused when she noticed the ocean. "Why... Are we here?!" And that finally sinks her head, they're in a ship and the smelly around is because of the ocean. "Andwae... Andwae... ANDWAEEEEE!!!" She rushed to the deck and indeed, they are now in a different place. She frantically shakes her head and taps her cheeks so many times, "This is just s dream. This is just a dream; this is just a dream... " in attempt to wake her up. "Ah!" But as she pinched her cheeks so hard, it causes her to cry out of pain. Her heart started racing and her legs are shaking, as she couldn't think of any reasons that leads her and Seohyun to the place.

 

Seohyun who finally got out the truck feels lightheaded while she's slowly approaching Yoona standing by the deck. Like the deer, her mind is slowly realizing the place and when she smelled that stinky from the ocean, the picture finally formed in her head. "WHY ARE WE HEEEEERE?!" She unconsciously screams. Then she tried to wake herself up, like what Yoona did, only to find it reality. "Im... Yoona. What the... Heck, are we doing here?" She shakily asked the deer who only shakes her head while in the verge of crying. She grabs her by her shoulder and she shakes her. "Why the heck are we here, Im Yoona!!!" Shouting at her furiously like she would give her the answer. "The last time I know we are in Daegeon, what happened and we are here like we time traveled or something!"

 

Yoona felt dizzy for a moment if she didn't stop her by grabbing her wrist and pulled hold her down. "I freaking don't know so please don't ask me this! I too is too shock!" She couldn't help and exclaim. "I just woke up just like you are, Seo Joohyun!"

 

Seohyun turned her head to the left and another realization hits her. "The-The truck... It took us here." Her voice came out husky.

 

"It... S-seems." Said Yoona as she also turns her head. "What are we going to-to do now?" And added breathlessly. "Because I swear, I do-don't know this place! I've never been in this Island." She feels like she's going crazy at the moment. The fact that they woke up in a strange place, it feels like they are lost or missing. Her mind is having headaches that she couldn't think straight.

 

"Think something, Im Yoona! You were the one who brought us to that truck! How can you ask me something like that as well?"

 

"I don't know myself! We just woke up and we are here now! What do you expect me to do!"

 

"We are just in the same boat! I don't know how to fix this!!!" Seohyun frustratingly shouted. "Aish!" But she couldn't do anything with their situation either way. She turned away from the deer and gives her cold shoulders.

 

"You two! What are you guys doing in my ship?"

 

The two ladies almost immediately turned to the source of the voice and Yoona steps forward instictively to cover Seohyun. "Who-Who are you?" She asked bravely.

 

"Should I ask you guys that instead of you? And how did you two gets inside my ship?"

 

Seohyun suddenly steps in. "Ahjussi, if this is your ship, that means, that's your truck?" She pointed to the truck behind.

 

"That's my son's." The middle-aged man replied in an instant. "He went to Daegeon to deliver fruits that we were exporting from our farm. Don't tell me you guys rode it with him into this ship?"

 

"Exactly as I was about to say." Seohyun said as a new hope finally comes to them. "So you can bring us back to Daegeon, Ahjussi?!"

 

The man chuckled. "Are you kidding me?" In sarcastic way. "I don't just go back and forth there if there are no reasons. We only go there if there's a delivery or something. And that sometimes take two weeks. Therefore, I can't grant your wish! Miss!"

 

"Two weeks?" Yoona and Seohyun both exclaimed. "WHY???!!!" and they whined together.

 

The man was taken aback. "Who are you guys anyway? Why did you end up in my son's truck?" His brows rising in suspicions towards the two strangers.

 

Yoona and Seohyun turned to each other and helplessly groaned. "What are we going to do?" asks Seohyun but only to receive a shake of head from the deer, like she hasn’t done it a few times at the moment.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't help you both. Going back to your place will not ever happen, unless we'll receive a call. I can't waste my time with this." The middle-aged man said and walks away. "But wait... " He stops and turned to face the two girls again. "Please do leave this ship before I could call the police.

 

"Ahjussi... at least... please help us." Seohyun clasps her two hands. "We have no idea about this island... we don't know where we'll we go. Please, have some consideration on us." Begging for the man to help them. She feels like crying now, but she holds back, knowing it will be useless.

 

"We can... actually pay you if you... help us." Yoona finally think straight and she thought of the check on her pocket she won from the competition. She hastily took it and shows the stranger. "Please, Ahjussi. This is worth 100 thousand."

 

By the mention of the money, Seohyun turned, to frown towards the deer. "Yah! You can't do that, Im Yoona. That's not your money!" as she reminded her about the 'cheat'.

 

"This is mine. What are you talking about?" Yoona put the check back before the younger girl snatch it.

 

"Remember? You cheated on the cook fest. It's not-"

 

"Oh come on, for Christ's sake. I did not cheat! I never even cheated my whole life!" Yoona interrupted, getting annoyed in a second. "Why can't you just accept that your Changmin Oppa loses and I won?"

 

"What?! Why are you bringing Oppa to this topic? It's about you, Im Yoona."

 

"Then why did you not even answer Yeri's calls and you even avoided me the whole event? Obviously, you are rooting for him, not me! And you are so disappointed I defeated him, that's why you are accusing me I cheated! That's all about it, isn't it?"

 

"How could you say something like that?" Seohyun is in disbelief.

 

"Because that's what I am feeling right now. You never like me winning in that competition! You like that Oppa of yours, not me... am I right?" Yoona can feel her heart is aching, hearing all her words. But it's all that she wanted to say. Seohyun failed to make her happy in that event. And she felt more than upset because she's being accused.

 

"Aish! Whatever Im Yoona!" Seohyun grabs her own hair and let out her own short hair and ruffles them irritatingly. "I hate you! I hate you! I'm still mad about you about that! So don't freaking-"

 

"I. Did. Not. Cheat." Yoona interrupted which made the younger girl scream all her frustrations in front of the ocean. "Why can't you listen to me first?" she tried to touch her but she was yanks away.

 

"I'm not listening to you." Seohyun firmly stated.

 

Sighing, Yoona turned to face the middle-aged man, only to see no one. "Omo, He's gone."

 

Seohyun turned around just to confirm it. "This is because of you! Yah! Ahjussi! Where are you?" she walks away and search for the man.

 

"What?! How is that my fault? You were the one who started a fight to me." Yoona sure the latter is going crazy. 'She's mad and now she's blaming at me. What the heck.' "Yah! Wait! Don't leave me here!" But she has to put it aside for the meantime, before the girl could leave her in the ship.

 

"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this Island." Seohyun seriously blames all of these to the deer.

 

"Yah, it's the only hiding spot I thought of that time. What do you expect me to do? Let your Uncle beat us? That's more than the problem here."

 

"Still. We could have hid in the forest, not in the truck." Seohyun countered.

 

"The night is too late. It's more danger."

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Im Yoona." Seohyun rolled her eyes and suddenly stopped from her tracks the moment she set her foot to the sand.


Yoona bumped behind the younger one and stepped back, rubbing her nose when it collided with the latter's head. "Why did you... s-stop?" She steps forward to see why she stopped. "Omo." Her eyes widened to see a familiar face, standing in front of them. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I should ask you back but I think you are and this girl here is the two strangers my father has mentioned earlier." Taecyeon smiled, happy to see the deer chef unexpectedly.

 

"You guys know each other?" Seohyun raise her brows to Yoona.

 

The doe-eyed girl smiled sheepishly. "He's a chef in that restaurant." as she informed the latter. "Wow, so you're the son of that Ahjussi earlier?" she feels like a new hope is found with a familiar face living in the island.

 

"I'm Ok Taecyeon by the way, Miss." Taecyeon stretch his hand out to Seohyun rather. "And you are?"

 

"Seo Joohyun." Seohyun gladly took the hand and gently shakes them. "So you can help us?" But she's really desperate to go home already, thinking of her family's safety back home.

 

"Help what?"

 

"Help to get us home right away, Taecyeon-ssi?"

 

"Oh... that... " The taller and a bit masculine man trails off as he finds it difficult to answer. He rubs the back of his neck and looked elsewhere when he continues his words, "That's impossible to do. My father owns the ship and is the captain. I have no power to ask him to do that."

 

"Heol." Both girls reacted at the same time.

 

"How do we convince them though?" Yoona thought of something.

 

"Convince? You can't. Unless there's really reason to go there."

 

"Wait, I thought you are a new Chef in that restaurant?" Yoona suddenly remembers it.

 

"Honestly, just a delivering what they ordered from us. I was only asked to act as a Chef that time because they have a sick chef. I'm sorry." Taecyeon felt shy to be caught by his favourite Chef.

 

"Convince - we need to convince your father." Seohyun butted as an idea pops on her head. "We can do that! Yoona and I can do that, right?" She hits her arm in the process as she gives her a bright smile.

 

Yoona isn't sure however. "Um, but he... just said-"

 

"WE HAVE TO GET BACK HOME, ASAP! We can convince him, no matter what happens!" Seohyun firmly and strongly said, startling the deer. Taecyeon just looked at her with an awkward smile. "We can do it. We can't stay here until tonight. So be prepared, I have something in mind to convince him." She added, smirking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter