Sisters

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 | Sisters

 

***

 

After having a good shower, one blonde-haired girl stepped out of the shower room, humming a good song while she's rubbing her hair with a towel. But she suddenly stopped, as her mind crosses to something that happened earlier.

 

Flashback...

 

Sighing in relief after stepping into the car, Jessica pause as she realized the tanned skin girl creates a loud snore sitting at the passenger seat. She hissed and mindlessly hits her forehead. "Shut up!" Scolding the sleeping girl in the process. But it did not even wake her up.

 

Groaning, she decided to forget about her and just turns the engine on, driving off carefully from the car park.

 

'Damn. I'm not supposed to do this.' she complained, realizing that she's now the driver instead of the Kwon. She turned her head to the passenger and sent her glares. It frustrates her only which made het turned her attention back to the road, trying herself to ignore the presence of another person next to her.

 

Just a couple of minutes that past, she suddenly stopped the car abruptly. "Hold on, where am I going to bring you?" It came to her mind that she's heading home yet with the tan girl. "Yah!" So she hits her again, in her shoulder this time, in attempt to wake her up. "Wake up Donkey! I can't bring you home. You should go home alone by yourself!" But for the second time, the girl did not even give her a response. She's still soundly sleeping on her seat, with her tongue is stick. "Aish! Why are you being like this?!!!" She whines and shakes her arm. "Please wake up!!!"

 

The movement over her arm is slowly waking Yuri up. However, when she had a vision of the blonde, she thinks it's another dream/nightmare, and so, she turns her back to her and returned to sleep.

 

"Yah!!!" Jessica couldn't hold back and she keeps hitting the tan girl's back. Whining... hitting... whining... and more hitting. "WAKE UUUP!!!" Until she exploded.

 

Yuri instantly covered her ears. "Please, just leave me alone Zombie!!! I want to live peacefully." as she began to cry. She still thinks it's a dream. "Leave me alone... leave me alone... leave me alone... please... zombie... please... please..."

 

Jessica had to halt however, upon hearing the cries from the kwon. She was taken aback and suddenly, there's a pinch on her heart, the more she hears her soft sobs and how much she wanted to be alone. She unconsciously retracted her hands back to herself and face the steering wheel. "What... did I just... do?" She asks herself, as she searched for an answer of the sudden behaviour from the tan girl. "Am I... " she pause as she tilt her head to see her. "Too... m-much?" She felt like she is, based on the kwon's reaction. Suddenly, she felt bad and she wanted to apologize. But before she can do that, her phone rings from her handbag. Her mind changed and she decided to continue her drive, thinking it's her best friend calling her already. She sighed and glances back to the Kwon. 'Aigoo.' As she can still hear and see her crying from her sleep.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"Glad she did not remember what I did." She shakes her head and proceeds to take her seat in front of the mirror. Taking her hair dryer, another thing made her pause.

 

Flashback...

 

"How many hours should I drive there?"Pulling over the car in front of the house she shared with her best friend, she heard Yuri's response, after she asked her the location of her home. The latter woke up 30 minutes ago. And she's glad she did not ask for feeling pain all over her body.

 

"No. It's okay. I can take a cab." Says Yuri, opening the car. But to her surprised, a hand pulled the door back and closes it. She turns to the culprit. "What are you doing?" And asked her sudden actions.

 

"Let me drive for you." Jessica said with a friendly smile. She doesn't know, but she felt like continuing her drive for her. "So tell me where should I bring you?"

 

Yuri's eyes widened. "Are you serious?" As she finds it unbelievable.

 

"Yah! You did a lot today. I'm serious, so tell me now!" Demanded the blonde firmly.

 

Yuri is speechless and couldn't answer.

 

"Aish! Just tell me! Otherwise, I'm going to change my mind!" Jessica got annoyed by the shock expressions in front of her. "I'm driving you or not?" Glared her towards the latter.

 

Chuckling, Yuri can't decline however. "Fine. the engine and drive me to my location."

 

"Aish." Jessica shrugs her shoulders and did as what the tan girl says. "You're lucky."

 

"I'm not."

 

"What?"

 

"You're just fooling around me, so I'm not. Plus, you're a Zombie, how am I lucky, eh?"

 

She scoffed. "Kwon-"

 

"Thanks for driving me home." Yuri interrupted the blonde as she put her hands on her head, showing a heart. "This means so much to me, Zombie. Please keep doing this to me." smiling cutely in front of her as she moves her head from left to right, right to left. "Kwon Yuri will take this wholeheartedly. Thank you again, Miss Jung."

 

The sight made Jessica cringe, but she can't hold it and she looked away. 'What the is she doing?' Much to her dismay, her cheeks are burning red. 'Otoke... she's getting weird because of that Zombie thing.'

 

End of Flashback...

 

"What the, why did I actually drive her home? I'm not supposed to do that." Jessica groans and ruffles her hair frustratingly. "Aish." Upon hearing her phone beeps, she picked it up from the side of the dressing table and checks the message.

 

Yeri: Unnie, do you know where is Seohyun Unnie?

 

She creased her brows upon reading the message. "I thought Seohyun is in the cafe?" And she asked herself as well. Before she could return her phone down, she called her best friend's number, watching herself through the mirror. "Why is she not answering?" She noticed, the next line isn't answering after seconds that passed. She ends it but calls the number again.

 

Gladly, on her second attempt, her best friend finally answered. "Yah! Where are you?! I thought you're in the cafe? Yeri is looking for you!"

 

 

*-*

 

 

Seohyun mentally scolded herself after she realized she had been standing in front of the elevator, just allowed herself to stare at those familiar eyes from her ex that took her back to her past, which she shouldn't have done. "Babo, Babo, Babo. You shouldn't have stayed there for a long time... and how did you end up being like a statue just because of her? Seo Joohyun, Seo Joohyun, you're a fool after all." Her head leans back to the wall in the elevator, sighing heavily. She can't believe that she saw her again, and not to mention, in that floor. "From all the places... why there?" And that also wonders her.

 

Suddenly, her phone rings but she couldn't hear it clearly. She's busy thinking about Yuri's sudden appearance, that it made her forget her surroundings. She only snapped out of her thoughts when the elevator stops and that sound echoed. She hastily walks out and took her phone to answer her best friend's call. "Hey."

 

[Yah! Where are you?! I thought you're in the cafe? Yeri is looking for you!]

 

"I just have to leave for a while. Where is she? At home?" She was reminded by the permission she gave to her sister. And that made her want to see her and explain why she gives her the permission to go with the owner of the restaurant.

 

[She’s at the café. I’ll be going there also. So where are you really?]

 

“I can’t tell you.” She snickers, while she’s leaving the building.

 

[Wow, my own best friend is now keeping secrets?]

 

“It’s not a secret. It’s just that… I can’t share it with you. I mean, it’s not that actually important.”

 

[Yet, you are there instead of the café?]

 

She chuckled. “I don’t have the right to leave now? Just when did-“

 

[Araso. Araso. I won’t ask about it now. Let’s meet later.]

 

As the call ended, Seohyun let out a sigh of relief and put her phone back to her messenger bag. She suddenly stopped and turned her body around, just to watch the building—the apartment building that made her wonder again why Yuri appeared. ‘After five years… I wonder what happened to her?‘ she thought couldn’t still believe she saw her ex. Though it takes her back to her past, she can’t deny the fact that indeed, there’s no more feelings left. It’s just like, meeting an old friend again and she misses the memories—the good memories with her. After seconds later, decided to finally continue her walk to the bus stop.

 

As soon as she gets on the bus, she suddenly finds herself staring down to the empty seat next to her. ‘Now I’m feeling guilty again… ‘ thinking about the kind girl who just want to ask her number and possibly she had no bad intentions towards her, but here she is, thinking too much that she will make her fall or will court her? She’s thinking ahead too much, she can’t deny that and accept how she’s too afraid to be close with that kind girl. Or more like, she’s afraid the same thing will happened, like when she fell for Yuri.

 

Brushing off the thoughts of the doe-eyed beauty, she took her phone again and she was about to call her sister when the latter sent her a message.

 

Yeri: Unnie, hurry up! A costumer is complaining about her order!

 

Her eyes widened and quickly replied to her sister.

 

To Yeri: I’m coming there now. Ask Jessica for a help if she arrived, okay?

 

Just a second that passed, she received her sister’s response.

 

Yeri: She’s already here. She’s now talking with the costumer.

 

“That’s a relief.” She mutters and just did not mind to answer the message. Leaning her back to her seat, she stared outside with serene expressions, watching the cars passing through before her eyes. She smiled unconsciously; as she recalled the lunch she had with the doe-eyed.

 

Her voice is literally echoing again on her ears.

 

“My parents aren’t with me right now. You know, they are these parents that want their child to be independent. And I’m proud of it.”

 

“Seriously I love puppies because they are like me, happy go lucky.”

 

“And I love it when Huggie me, feels like it’s her way to show me love… or to welcome me home.”

 

"My favorite food is definitely kimbap. It reminds me of my mother, always making me a bento of kimbap."

 

“Hahahaha!!! I know right? That actress is so weird. I thought she’s not going to even make it through, but she did.”

 

“You know, we should hang out more. I don’t know but I think we will really love each other’s company.”

 

“Honestly, I’m already comfortable around you. It’s just two meetings… and… the connection is already comfortable. What do you think?”

 

“No! In your side. The other side. Aigoo… you’re not getting it. Here. Let me do it for you.”

 

“Thank you for this ice cream… really giving me energy again. It’s going to be awesome if I treat you ice cream next time, as well.”

 

Blah… blah… blah... and more voices coming from the doe-eyed that’s like giving her music already.

 

“Miss! Aren't you leaving?” Until someone suddenly pokes her shoulder, she returned to her real world. She hastily turned her head to the source of the voice and frowns to realized, it's the bus' driver already. "Omo. I-I'm so sorry." As she realized all passengers have already left, and it's her left. She stood up and animatedly left the bus. She ruffles her hair but fixed it eventually while she walks to the cafe. She's smiling so wide as soon as she started jogging rather.

 

 

*-*

 

 

Yoona was busy playing with huggie that she didn't heard nor feel that someone entered her apartment without her knowledge. Huggie is barking, running around and just too cute to resist that she can't shift her attention to something else. Until she just heard series of knocks outside her room, she eventually knows who it was.

 

"I told you to stop barging my apartment without my notice." She said as she heads to open the door. But much to her surprised, she was greeted by her cousin's tight embrace. She has to step back due to the impact. "What the. What's up with you?" And she suddenly heard her crying. She tried to see her face but she would pull her back and she's hiding her face to her shoulder. "Seriously, what is happening? Why are being so emo?" She felt so weird but concerned for her cousin at the same time. "Yuri please... Tell me..." She rubs her back, hoping it will comfort her.

 

When Yuri did not even budge, she decided to just stay comforting her until she suddenly stopped crying and leans back away from her, showing her puffy cheeks and tears that she's wiping off.

 

"So... What's wrong?" Yoona furrows her brows.

 

"I'm sorry." Yuri sniffles while still wiping the tears.

 

"Why?" Yoona got confused.

 

After s couple of minutes, Yuri is calm again and finally meets her cousin's eyes. "Do you have nuclear noodles? I'm craving for it. I thought of crying first before I eat them." She grinned so wide. "You know how hot those noodles are. Hehehe." And snickers.

 

Yoona was dumbfounded. But she couldn't miss it and hits her cousin's forehead for tricking on her. "I don't have noodles! Go out and buy yourself!" She told her, furiously. She her back, only to be hold by her cousin on her arm. And before she could react, she's dragging her out of her room.

 

"Come on, Dude. I know you have a lot of noodles because you are a chef and you are using them to create your own dish." Said Yuri while trying her best to drag her cousin.

 

"How are you sure of that?" Yoona scoffed. She can't struggle anymore and just go along with her cousin, as they made their way downstairs.

 

"Because you are my cousin. And I know well enough that you like noodles."

 

"What's with your with Noodles?"

 

"Seriously just want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter