Fun and Friends

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo's days goes on with classes, spending lunch time with the guys, Gary going to her lessons often. 

It might not be the complete freedom she wants, but at least she gets to hang out with them. 

Eun Hye often talks to her, too, and for the first time in her life, it seems like she is finally having a girl friend. 

She used to have a trauma of befriending anyone, fearing they might have an ulterior motive. 

If it was a guy, he definitely have the aim to date her and ruin her reputation. 

If it was a girl, she probably wants to share her unwanted spotlight and then tinge her reputation with some false rumors. 

She did not just suspect this. She experienced this first hand, back when she is still in middle school. 

But with Eun Hye, she is not afraid to be betrayed, for Eun Hye seems to be prettier than her. She can not see any reason for Eun Hye to be insecure with her. And it is just stupid if she just befriended Ji Hyo to be noticed by others, for Eun Hye can do that herself. 

Her feminine aura and friendliness is enough to make everyone like her. It even seems like she is slowly taking the crowd's attention from Ji Hyo, which Ji Hyo is definitely in favor of. 

Sometimes, Eun Hye joins Gary in watching her in her piano lessons, and she is somehow glad to have her. 

"Ji Hyo-ah.. Want to go to the amusement park this weekend? ", Eun Hye says one afternoon. 

"Huh? You know i can't go out of the house without my mom or aunt. "

Eun Hye clings her arm around Ji Hyo's. "Eehy, come on. What about i'll ask permission for you? "

Ji Hyo looks at her. "Really? "

She nods simultaneously. "Right now? Yes. Right now. Let's go to your house!", she cheerfully says and pulls Ji Hyo with her as she run. 

It is then that Ji Hyo really admits that she admires Eun Hye's optimisfic views in life. 

She can make anyone like her, and Ji Hyo's aunt has not resisted that certain charm. 

Ji Hyo walks Eun Hye out of the house after the conversation. 

She is filled with unsettling emotion that she has been waiting to get out of the house. 

As soon as she steps out of the gate with Eun Hye, she looks at Eun Hye, who also looks at her with a contained smile. 

And as if on cue.. 

"KYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! ", they yelled in celebration as they jump in place and do a lot of high fives. 

"Yeeees! ", Ji Hyo yells, unable to contain the excitement. 

"Girls! ", they hear Ji Hyo's mom say from inside the house. 

They immediately turn silent  and she hugs Eun Hye. 

"Thank you, Eonnie. ", she says. 

"Yah, you deserve this. ", she says. "I'll have to go now. "

Ji Hyo nods. "Take care, okay? "

"Yeah, you too. ", she says and leaves with lots of waves and goodbyes before she can really leave. 

She has been in a good mood all through the week as she looks forward to the weekend. 

And Saturday came, she cheerfully dresses herself in a simple white shirt, black jeans and high cut converse. Then she tops it with a thin blue bomber jacket and a cap. 

She has never really been in an amusement before and she just see it from afar. She does not know how extreme the rides are, so she just dresses comfortably so it will not burden her later. 

She kisses her mother goodbye and excitedly runs out of the house towards the bus stop. 

When she arrives at their meeting place, she sees Joong Ki and Kwang Soo, whom Eun Hye also invited. 

"Noona! ", Joong Ki greets. "It's good to see you in an comfortable atmosphere rather than the school. "

"I know.", she says and looks up at the sky. "It's so good to be out. "

"So you know how to dress on something else rather than fancy blouses and tops, huh? ", Joong Ki compliments, looking uo and down her outfit. 

"I just want to be comfortable. ", she says. 

Joong Ki smiles, reaches out for her black cap and wears it on her head backwards. 

"Yah. ", she complains. 

"Keep it like that. It looks cuter. ", he says. 

She decides not to argue but just gives him a look. 

"Ooh, Ji Hyo-ssi. ", Jae Suk teases as he arrives with Seok Jin. 

She looks at him, wondering what he is up to now. 

"You look casual today. ", he says. 

"So? ", she asks.

Jae Suk smiles. "Just that. ", he dismisses and looks around. "Eun Hye-ssi is not here yet? What about Gary and Dong Hoon? Jong Kookie? "

"Gary oppa and Dong Hoon oppa is there! ", Ji Hyo announces, pointing the coming duo. 

"Are we ready to go? ", Gary asks as soon as he and Dong Hoon arrives. 

"Jong Kookie and Eun Hye-ssi is not here yet. "

"Jong Kook hyung says he can't come."

"Oh, is that it? Then where's Eun Hye."

A black car stops right in front of them and Eun Hye comes out gracefully that the guys turns silent in awe. 

She is wearing white jeans, a pair of green shoes, jade-colored blouse and beige jacket. It is not an easy color to wear but she manages to make it look good and chic with a casual drop. 

And as though nature is on her side, the wind blow, sweeping her shiny hair backwards like some kind of effect. 

Ji Hyo hears the guys' sighs of awe as Eun Hye walks towards them. 

"Sorry i kept you waiting. ", she says. 

"You're worth waiting.. ", Kwang Soo says as if in a trance. 

She reaches out to hit his head, but he is too tall, so she just aims for his legs and pinches it hard, making him yell in pain. 

His yell snaps the others out of their trance. 

"Oh. Let's go. ", Jae Suk says as a bus stops in front of them. 

They all get on the bus and sits on vacant seats. 

Ji Hyo loaded the bus last and she looks for a seat. 

Her times of riding the bus can still be counted with her fingers and she is still not used to it. 

"Noona. You sit here. ", Kwang Soo says as he points to the seat which he is about to sit on. 

She does as she is told, looking up at Kwang Soo who is standing next to her. 

"Will you be fine?", she asks. 

Kwang Soo nods assuringly. 

As soon as they get off the bus, screams of excited and horrified people can be heard coming from inside tge amusement park. 

"Wah. ", she exclaims in awe as she looks up at the tall rides towering over the place.

They get in and join the lot of people having the most out of their weekend.

"I want to ride this!", Dong Hoon says and loads the Carousel like a kid.

"Yah!", she complains. "Let's ride that first.", she suggests, pointing at the Free Fall ride which is nearest to them.

Lots of people are sitting around a squared seats that rises up so high and then falls so fast when it reaches the top. 

When she looks at them, all of them are looking up at it with a horrified expression in their faces.

"Come on.", she says.

But none of them makes a step.

She looks at them with a questioning look.

"Ji Hyo-ah..", Jae Suk starts."Do you even know how horrifying that is?"

"No. That's why i'm riding it."

"Noona, it's not fun. Trust me.", Kwang Soo informs.

"Really?", she asks.

Seok Jin, Jae Suk, Dong Hoon and Kwang Soo nods in chorus, their eyes brivht with hope. 

"But i still want to try it. ", she says stubbornly, making them sigh. 

"Come on, Noona. Let's ride it! ", Joong Ki offers. 

"Let's go. ", she says, drawing near Joong Ki but looking at the others still. "You're not coming? ", she asks. 

Seok Jin, Jae Suk, Dong Hoon and Kwang Soo shakes their head this time. 

"Eonnie, how about you? ", she asks Eun Hye.

She smiles at Ji Hyo but shakes her head, too. "I don't have a good stomach when it comes to things like that. "

"Okay. We'll be going then. "

"Go. And see for yourself. ", Jae Suk says. "We'll be watching your misery. "

Ji Hyo smiles excitedly and gives them a thumbs up. 

"How can she smile like that? ", she hears Kwang Soo ask when she is on her way to the ticket booth with Joong Ki. 

"Are you really riding this? ", he asks. 

She nods assuringly. 

"You really are something, noona. ", Joong Ki says. 

Later.. 

"Let's ride that. ", Ji Hyo suggests, pointing at the Octopus ride this time. 
eight arms are attached to a center which is shaped like an octopus, and it spin and move up and down in random, while cars at the end of the arms also spin on their own. 

"Aahh. ", Kwang Soo moans in complaint. 

"Did you not get scared of the Free Fall? That's worse than the first one! ", Dong Hoon says to her. 

"It isn't scary. ", Ji Hyo says stubbornly. 
"Let's just go eat some cotton candy. ", Dong Hoon suggests. 

"Right. Let's go. ", Kwang Soo agrees and follows him too. 

Then the rest follows, leaving Ji Hyo with Joong Ki. 

"Why did they even go here if they're scared of all the rides? ", she asks as she stares at their retreating backs. 

"Let's just go, Noona. "

They head towards the ride again. 

After that, they rode a couple of rides more. 

Then they proceed to searching for the others. 

"Where did those people go? ", she asks Joong Ki as she looks around the crowd of people. 

She glances at her companion when she receives no answer from him. Then she takes a second look when she sees that he looks strange. 

He is walking slowly, and his face has gone out of color, as if he has been drained of blood. 

"Yah. Are you okay? ", she asks. 

He nods but presses his lips togethee as if he is about to puke. 

Rhen he stumbles in his steps. Thanfully, she moves fast and supports his waist as they walk. 

"You did not get dizzy from the Viking ride, did you? ", she asks. 

But he pants next to her, his eyes looking weak. 

She knows he got dizzy from all the rides. 

"You shouldn't have ridden it if you knew you would end up like this. "

Joong Ki is too tired to respond, and she makes him sit in a bench as she looks around and search for the others. 

She spots Jae Suk in a distance, wearing a bunny headband in his head. 

"Jae Suk oppa! ", she yells. 

A few seconds later, and they are already gathered around Joong Ki, who is drinking a fruit shake that is given by Eun Hye. 

"How can you be still so cheerful like that after four rides? ", Kwang Soo asks, looking at her as if she is a strange person. "Joong Ki did not even make it. "

"Shut up and just come with me. " , she says, grabbing Kwang Soo's wrist and dragging him towards somewhere. 

"Noona, where are we going? ", he asks suspiciously. 

"Just come.", she says, slowly gettimg close to the destination. 

"Noona where are we going? ", he asks again after a minute. 

"There. ", she says, pointing the entrance of the house of horror. 

The entrance itself is shaped as a devil's face, his mouth opened wide as an entrance. Loud, scary noises comes from inside that Kwang Soo hastily turns his back on the Horror Coaster Ride. 

But she grabs his clothes before he can get away. 

"N-noona.. I c-can't g-g-go in there. ", he stutters. 

"Yes, you can. ", she says and drags him to the starting line. 

She screams and laughs a lot all through the ride, but Kwang Soo's scream is the most audible of all. 

He even hugs her arm when he gets scared that she also feels like her arm is gonna fall off any second. 

But Ji Hyo is having the most fun time of her life. 

She has never screamed this loud before, or laugh until she runs out of breathe. She did not even know that she can laugh while being scared at the same time. 

When they finish the ride, she wonders what she has been doing all her life that she did not even know this kind of feeling existed. 

Did she even pass childhood? All she can remember is studying and trying hard to please her guardians. 

Now she knows why others sees her as strange. 

"Noona. ", Kwang Soo says next to her, cutting her train of thoughts. 

"Ou? ", she asks. 

"It's raining. ", Kwang Soo says, gesturing the sky. 

She looks around. Rain drops are falling and people are running for shelter. 

"Come on. We have to get to the others. ", she says and is about to step out of the sheltered area, but Kwang Soo holds her elbow. 

"It's pouring heavier. ", Kwang Soo says. 

"That's why we have to go before it pours all out. "

He opens his mouth as if about to argue, but then closes it. 

Then he shrugs off his hooded jacket and places it on her head. 

"Come on. ", he says. 

She is still surprised at Kwang Soo's gesture that she does not take a step. 

"But---"

"You said we have to get to the others!", he cuts her off and holds bothbof her shoulders, forcing her out for a run. 

The rain drops hit her face like ice, and she realizes she should have listened to Kwang Soo when he tried to suggest to stay. 

Kwang Soo opens a telephone phone which is in one corner of the park, and they both get inside. 

She happens to loon at him, and sees his hair sticking down on his forehead, droplets of rain running down his face, and a few parts of his blue shirt has become darker because of the rain. 

"Stay here for a while. I'll look for them then bring an umbrella. ", he says. 

"I don't need ---YAH! ", she yells as he runs out of the booth before she can argue. 

She watches him run to the other roofed areas, looking here and there cor the others. 

"Stupid guy. ", she mutters. "How can he talk with such commanding tone? I older, you know! ", she says to anyone in particular. 

She waits for him for a few minutes. 

She leans on the glass wall of the booth and just stares at the telephone hanging on one side. 

Knock knock. 

She straightens up and faces the door,  ready to yell at Kwang Soo. 

"YAH, HOW DA----!?"

She abruptly stops, for it is not Kwang Soo who is standing in the doorway,

but Kim Jong Kook.