Jong Han

Spartace: School Love Affair

"Oppa. ", Ji Hyo says to Jae Suk as she sits beside him in the library.

"Hmm? ", Jae Suk answers, not looking up from the boom he is reading.

"Have you known Jong Kook for a long time? ", she asks.

This time, he looks at her. "Yes. But by the way, why are you just calling him Jong Kook? "

She gives him a questioning look.

"He is older than you. You should call him oppa. "

She shakes her head, still giving him an innocent look. "I won't."

"Why won't you? "

"I just won't. ", she says, shaking her head.

"Whatever. You guys argue often. I wonder how you can even talk back to that guy when all of his tae kwon do members are afraid of him. "

"He's not that fearsome, you know. "

"I know. But why are you asking about him, anyway? ", he asks, then something flashes in his eyes. "You're not possibly interested in him, do you? As a man, i mean. "

Her eyes widen at the suspicion. "Of course not! I.. I'm just curious if he has a good background.. Or if he's in a gang or something. "

"Yah. That guy might look tough in the outside but he's a real smoothie on the inside. "

"Is that so? "

"Yes. But why are you asking all of this? "

"Do you think he made a woman pregnant and became an early dad? "

"Song Ji Hyo. ", he says, as if she has really gone too far this time. "What is inside your brain? Where are all these questions coming from? "

"Just.. forget it. ", she says and looks down in her own book, dismissing the conversation.

Jae Suk has not answered her question, therefore, she has one more option left.

In the end of all her classes, she immediately heads towards the side of the guard house in the school gate, waiting for Jong Koom to pass by.

As he does, she stealthily tails him.

He walks with such urgency that he does not even notice that he is being followed.

He has lead her into the park again, where he runs to get the same child again.

This time, the guy refuses to give the child easily, and Jong Kook has to follow him to another couple of alleyways before the man stops.

"Let go of Jong Han. ", he says in a low voice.

The man chuckles sinisterly. "Yah, bastard. Do you think i will get scared with you? "

"Let go of her. ", he says again, his voice full of restrained anger that suddenly annoys  Ji Hyo, too.

"Where's the money? "

"I don't have any already. "

"Then i'll get to keep this cute little child with me."

Her eyes widens as what she has just heard.

Jong Kook leans to reach for the little girl, Jong Han, but receives a hit from the older guy, instead.

The hit in his face is so hard that she can hear the sound of it from where she is. Even the child is shocked that she starts crying.

On top of all the confusions in her head comes another bunch of questions.

Who is that guy?,

Why is he hitting Jong Kook?,

Is that, child really his daughter?

Why did Jong Kook let him hit him?

"Now give me your money. ", he says.

"I don't have any---"

Slap!

Another hit. She is annoyed that Jong Kook is just standing there, letting the man hit him.

Why is that guy being so weak?! Fight him, you moron! You don't have all those muscles for nothing! , she wants to yell at him.

"Let go of her first! ", he snaps at the man.

"The money! Empty your pocket and give it to me! "

Jong Kook takes out all the bills from his pocket. She can see that he really wants to hit the man, but he is holding in well as he passes the man his money.

Right then and there, the man lets go of the girl harshly that she falls forward. Jong Kook immediately bends and catches her in his arms as she cries.

The man then leaves.

"Jong Han-ah.. stop crying. I'm here now. ", he comforts the child.

He lifts her up and continues to take the alley.

She hides behind a filthy, brick wall as she peeks on Jong Kook, who carries the crying child, enters a small lot and gets inside the house.

Thinking that he is not coming back out, she enters the small, low gate of the house and silently steps up the porch.

She peered through the screen portion of the main door and sees Jong Kook soothing Jong Han's hair.

" i'm hungry. ", she says.

Hearing it makes Ji Hyo's heart ache. How can someone leave a child be hungry?

"Wait here, okay? I'll be right back. "

She leans on the wall flat on her back just behind the door as it opens and Jong Kook comes rushing out.

He is too distracted that he does not even see her as he passes by.

He is gone out of his sight in a second.

Is this child really his?,  she wonders as she steps out of her hiding place.

The door is still open, so she steps into the doorway and sees the little girl, hee face still wet with tears.

"Unnie, who are you? ", she asks, her voice still hoarse from crying.

Right. Why did she show herself without any plan?

She forces a smile as she waved. "Hello! I'm Kim Jong Kook's friend. "

"I did not know he has a friend. ", she says sadly. "He is too busy taking care of me that he barely have friends. "

Ji Hyo can not understand what she feels inside. This child and Jong Kook's care for each other is something she has never witnessed before.

They just care for each other so genuinely.

"He has a friend, sweety. Don't feel bad. ", she says as she sits next to the child. "Is Jong Kook gonna be back soon? "

She shakes her head. "I don't know. He always comes back late. ", she cries.

Ji Hyo holds the child's little hand. "Are you hungry? "

She nods innocently.

"Want me to buy food for you? "

Jong Han's eyes brightens. "Eonnie has money? "

"Yes. Come on. I'll buy you lots of food. ", she says as she stands up.

She stands up and they head out of the house.

Ji Hyo brought her to the convenience store and feeds her ramen, and sausage, and chocolates.

She eats it so deliciously that Ji Hyo feels happy just by watching her.

"By the way.. Is Jong Kook hyung your brother? Your Dad? "

"Oh! Eonnie calls him Hyung, too? ", she asks.

"Huh? Oh. Yes. "

"I call him Hyung, too. ", she says happily.

"Oh. So is he your appa? Your oppa? "

"He is.. like an appa that's like an oppa."

"But..what is he really to you?"

"An oppa and appa."

That just makes her even more curious.

After that, she brings her back to the house again. But Jong Kook is still not there. He is probably still searching for some money to buy this child food.

"Eonnie should go now. It's already dark. "

"But will you be alright? "

She nods. "Don't worry, i'll be alright. I'm not afraid. ", she reassures.

Ji Hyo plants her hands in her knees in front of Jong Han. "Do you have a celphone? Or something you can use to contact me? "

She nods. "Jong Kook hyung gave this to me so i can contact him if i need something while he is at school. ", she says as she slides off the sofa, heads towards a drawer in the corner of the room and brings out a phone.

"Okay. Good. But i'll give you my number, okay? So you call me if you need something and Jong Kook hyung will not be contacted. "

"Okay. ", she says and hands her the phone.

Ji Hyo types in her number and just saves it as "Eonnie. "

"I have to go now. "

"Goodbye, Eonnie. ", she says, waving her little hands.

She waves at her and gets out of the house. 

She falls asleep that night wondering if that child is really Jong Kook's child or not.