Feisty Ji Hyo

Spartace: School Love Affair

"Yah. Song Ji Hyo, wake up! "

Ji Hyo is awakened by the loud voice of Dong Hoon.

She stirs in her sleeps and opens her eyes. A cold compress bag is lying in her face, and she takes it off.

Who put this in my face?

The noise makes her looks around. The room is in mess.

Kwang Soo is crawling around, looking under the beds for something. 
Gary and Dong Hoon are in front of the mirror, pushing each other from the view.

She can also hear Jae Suk and Seok Jin in the bathroom fighting over who gets to shower first.

Joong Ki seems to be the only one who is calm. He comes over to the next bex when he sees Ji Hyo sit up in her bed.

"Oh, Noona. You're awake. Is your arm still aching? ", he asks.

She looks at her bandaged arm. "It's getting okay now. "

"Good. You should prepare your things. We have to go back now. "

"Oh. Right. ", she says flatly and then realizes..

She can not remember how she got into bed last night.

Her last memory before sleeping is..

Sitting in the couch in the second floor lobby.

Her brows furrow as she tried to remember.

Then the door opens, and Jong Kook comes in. He looks like he had just came from a run.

She finds his gaze confusing.

"Kim Jong Kook. ", she calls.

He stops at the foot of her bed. "Yes? "

"Did i walk to this room last night? ", she asks.

"Tsk. ", he only says with a glare and heads to his bed.

Only then does it settles in her head.

Did he.. carry me all the way here?! 
She looks down at the compress bag. She does not remember getting it or even putting it in her face, too. Does that mean Jong Kook also did that?

She looks at Jong Kook. He is too busy gathering his things.

"Noona. ", Kwang Soo's voice disrupts her.

She turns to him, who is on the floor next to her bed, on all fours. "Did you, by chance, see my leopard print boxers? ", he asks.

"What?! ", she asks, her temper rising.

"I-i-i was just wondering. "

"No! ", she snaps.

He nods and continues to search for his boxers.

"Stupid guy. ", she mutters as she gets off the bed.

After tgeir morning preparation, the eight of them heads towards the dining hall, where students are all noisy bidding goodbyes and promising to stay in contact with new friends.

They settles in a table in the corner.

"Kwang Soo, you go get us food. ", Jong Kook says when they are all settled down.

"Hyung, why does it have to be me? ", he asks.

"Because you're younger. You and Joong Ki. "

"But---! "

"Ahh! Just go, you two! I'm starving! ", Ji Hyo butts in before the both of them could complain.

The duo instantly stands up and heads towards the buffet table.

Ji Hyo looks around when her gaze got caught by a piercing glare from the table diagonally next to them.

It's Lilia and her gang. They are all giving her piercing looks.

She looks away and pretends not to see.

"Aren't those the girls from last night? ", Gary, who is next to her, asks tgrough his teeth.

"Yes. ", she answers in a low voice.

"You really know how to make an enemy, Ji Hyo-ah. "

"Tss. "

Good thing that Kwang Soo and Joong Ki comes, blocking her view from the girls.

After the closing ceremony, they all heads to the bus, ready to go to their hometowns.

She suddenly feels the urge to go to the restroom.

"What's the matter, Noona? ", Kwang Soo asks when he notices that she is looking around.

She looks up at him, unsure if she should tell him.

He raises his brows, waiting for an answer. So she waves her hand in front of her, asking him to bend low cor her to whisper.

He does as he is asked and she whispers it in his ear.

"It will be a long ride. You should go. Here, give me your things. ", he offers.

She is quite surprised in how thoughtful he is. He never really had a guy friend before and it is quite strange.

But she hands him her things urgently and runs towards the restroom.

She is still inside the cubicle when she hears a couple of footsteps come in.

"That girl is really irritating!"

"We could have bruised her face last night if those boys hadn't been around yelling out her name! Ugh! Why does she have those boys around her, anyway?! "

"I bet she seduced all of them to be her minions. "

Ji Hyo scoffs, unbelieving what she is hearing.

A minute later and she steps out of the cubicle, making the two girls jump in surprise.

She calmly washes her hands in the lavatory next to Lilia while both girls stares at her.

"I didn't know you were that insecure of my looks. ", she says, one side of rising up in a smirk.

"I'm not! ", Lilia denies heatedly.

Ji Hyo then dries her hand and stands up straight, facing Lilia.

"Listen, Lilia. ", she says in a serious tone. She points her face and says, "No matter how hard you try to slap this face, it will always be prettier than you. "

Both girls' mouth hang open, their eyes widens, that she has to supress herself from laughing.

She's satisfied now that she sees their expression, so she heads out the bathroom.

"NOONA! QUICK! ", Joong Ki yells from the window of the bus they are taking. "THIS BUS IS READY TO LEAVE! "

She sprints towards it and jumps in right before the door slides close.

"What took you so long? ", asks Kwang Soo, who has too many bags in his lap as he sits next to Joong Ki.

"Something came up. ", she says as she takes her things from him.

"You mean, other than.. that thing? ", he asks.

"What thing? ", she asks, looking at his face.

"You know, the reason why you went there? ", he says.

She stares at him, trying to figure out if he is serious. His wide eyes and arched brows shows that he is.

"ert. ", she blurts out and snatches her things off him.

"No! I didn't mean---Noona! ", he calls as she heads to the seat next to Jong Kook. He seems to looks too scary to find himself a seatmate. And he looks like he does not mind. He is looking out the window, careless.

"Yah. Move here. ", she says to him, eyeing the seat nearer to the center aisle.

He looks up at her with arched brows. "What? ", he asks.

"You sit here. ", she says.

"Why? "

"I want to sit there. ", she states simply.

He blinks twice, as if trying to figure out where she is getting the guts to say this to him.

"What? ", he asks.

"Just move! ", she urges. Her sudden rise of voice seems to startle him, making him move in instantly.

She sits next to the window, ignoring Jong Kook's stare.

"This girl, seriously.", he mutters.

 

 

Kim Jong Kook sees Joong Ki on the seat across him gesture something, something like pointing to Ji Hyo.

He follows what he is referring to, and sees his seatmate dozing off. Her head is leaning forward, but she seems to be too fast asleep to care.

"This girl can sleep anywhere. ", he says to Joong Ki, who nods in agreement.

Then he sees her leaning even more that he has to cover her forehead as it bumps against the back of the seat in front of her.

That wakes her up, finding Jong Kook's palm on her forehead.

She leans back when she realizes this.

"Tss. Do you usually sleep anywhere like this? ", he asks.

"No! ", she denies.

He just gives her a look and stays silent.

"Anyway.. ", she starts, her voice turning low and gentle. "Thank you for la---! "

"Don't mention it. ", he cuts off. "It's not like i did it because i want to, anyway. "

"What did you say? ", she asks, her always-angry-tone back again.

"Nothing. "

"Do you cut off words of geatitude like this? ", she asks.

"No! ", he denies.

"Tss. ", is all she could say and looks out the window.

The next rime he glances on Ji Hyo's direction, she is asleep again, her forehead leaning against the window.

He shakes his head in disbelief.

Later, they all gets off the bus in the nearest bus stop of Ji Hyo's house.

"Yah, have you slept all through the ride? ", Jae Suk asks Ji Hyo, whose eyes look swelling due to sleeping.

"She did. ", Joong Ki says, smiling.

Ji Hyo ignores them and just heads to the direction of her home.

"Aren't you even saying goodbye? ", Dong Hoon asks.

"What for? I'm gonna see you in school, anyway. "

"This girl has no inch of sentimentality. ", Dong Hoon mutters.

"Let's walk her home. Let's return her from where we took her. ", Seok Jin  suggests.

"Right. ", Jae Suk agrees.

Ji Hyo looks back at them. "What am i? A book ?", she asks, annoyed at Seok Jin's use of words.

"Let's go, Ji Hyo-ah. ", Gary says, taking a bag from her hands and leading the way.

The rest of them follow Gary.

"Let's go, Noona. ", Joong Ki says as he pushes her gently to follow the others.

She walks fast, though. "Yah! Where do you think you're going?!", she yells.

But they continue walking as if they had not heard her. So she runs ahead of them and faces them.

"Yah! Go home! There's no need for you guys to do this! ", she says, grabbing her things from Gary but he refuses to give it.

She blocks Jong Kook's way but he instead turns her around and pushes her gently towards the way.

"Yah! No! ", she yells, trying to turn around but he holds her shoulders to keep her from turning around. "Kim Jong Kook! You better let go of me! Yah! "

But she reaches the front of her house still in Jong Kook's clutches.

Her eyes widens when she spots a familiar white car in their driveway. She instantly feels urgent as she shrugs Jong Kook's hold off and blocks them.

"Eommoni! We're back! ", Jae Suk announces before she can stop him.

"Aaarrgghh! ", she grunts in frustration.

"Why? ", Seok Jin asks.

As if to answer his question, a sophisticated looking woman steps out from the front door, wearing a smiling but stony expression in her face.

"Who's that? ", Jong Kook hears Gary ask Ji Hyo.

"You're back? ", the woman asks Ji Hyo. "Why don't you let your friends come in for a while. "

She might be smiling, but Jong Kook feels a little nervous just by looking at it. And judging from the other's expression, he knows that they feel the same way.

The woman goes back in, and Ji Hyo faces them with an anxious expression.

"I told you to just go home! ", she says in a low voice.

"Who is that? ", Kwang Soo asks.

"My aunt. ", she says as she leads the way to their house.

They later found theirselves sitting in line in the long couch of the Song's living room, with Ji Hyo's aunt sitting in a love seat, her weird smile still in her face as if it was plastered.

Ji Hyo's mom comes in and serves them some snacks.

"So you are Ji Hyo's friends? ", she asks, vreaking the eery silence.

"Uh.. Y-yes. ", Jae Suk answers.

"I did not know you had friends. Specifically boys. ", Ji Hyo's aunt says to her.

She keeps her gaze down, as if she is afraid to meet her aunt's eyes.

Ji Hyo is back to the old expressionless, cold one that they had known before leadership training.

"They're.. part of the org. It's a given that we would be f..friends. ", she says.

It seems like she has difficulty in saying the word, as if she is not used to it.

And their afternoon is spent trembling in front of Ji Hyo's aunt, who seems to be a lioness hiding inside a lamb's fur.

 

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

hello! Sorry for having updated this sooooooooo late. If you want to read more of this story, it is in wattpad with the same title. I already finished the story there and is too busy to transfer it here. hehe.