007

Picking up the pieces

 

 

It was Wednesday and Yugyeom and Jaeha had planned to go at the girl's house once he was done with work. But since he was only ending his shift at eleven pm, his coworker Bambam, whose real name was Kunpimook Bhuwakul, who was done with his own work but had school work to do (he was studying foreign languages at the university, the same one as Yugyeom) had asked Jaeha to help him. She had gladly accepted and they were sitting at a table at the back of the room with their copybooks in front of them. But somehow, the curious Bambam had changed the subject to ask her about her fathers. She had been surprised at first and when she had asked him why he wanted to know about them, he had quickly changed the subject to their divorce and especially about her father's new boyfriend, the apparently 'famous and handsome' Mark Tuan. Jaeha had ended up telling him she simply hated him, and he had asked her how could she possibly hate a man she had only seen once in her life, and for only two hours. It had clearly left her speechless for a while, but her answer was simple: “I don't understand how my father could possibly be in love with another man when he hadn't even be able to love my dad forever just like he had promised.”

 

You're just jealous,” Bambam had scoffed.

No I'm not!”

Jaeha! This is clearly jealousy! There's no other word to express what you are feeling other than jealousy.”

That's not it!” she had answered.

Then what, huh? You don't want your fathers to be happy just because of your own interest, you don't even think about their feelings, you only think about yourself. It's obviously jealousy. You don't want your fathers to have someone else into their lives because you're scared they're going to ignore and forget about you! That's also very selfish!”

I'm not jealous,” she had mumbled between her teeth and she had clutched her fists.

And you don't even want to admit it! That's-”

Can you just shut up?! We're here because you want to work, not to act as a freaking shrink!!”

Whoa calm down, Miss Im,” the sassy boy had replied with a light smirk which had looked like a big insult for Jaeha, “I was just stating the obvious.”

Well, don't!”

Alright, alright,” he had chuckled and had looked down at his books again.

 

One hour of silence later, he ended up talking again.

 

Are you jealous in general?”

Bambam...”

I'm just asking!

No I'm not!”

Not even when it comes to Yugyeom?”

I know he loves me! I don't doubt his feelings! Satisfied now?” she coldly answered.

So you don't doubt a boy who is simply your boyfriend but you doubt your fathers? How is that even possible? You know you have more chance to be left by Yugyeom more than by your fathers, right?”

Alright, that's enough!”

 

Jaeha quickly gathered her stuff and she walked toward the counter where Yugyeom was. She kissed him and told him to just come at her house where she would be waiting for him. He asked what was going on but she didn't answer and went home.

 

As usual, she greeted the night guards, took the elevator and went back home where she found her uncle lazily laying on the sofa while watching TV. She let her bag, shoes and coat in her bedroom and went to sit by his side.

 

Where's daddy?”

Out.”

Alone?”

With Youngjae.”

Oh...” she nodded, “and you?”

I was waiting for you to come back.”

But I told you this morning I would be waiting for Yugyeom at his work.”

And yet you're visibly alone.”

Well, while waiting for him I helped his Thai colleague with his university homework and he started asking me weird questions about daddy and appa, and then he told me I was jealous and selfish because I was only thinking about me feeling and not my fathers'!”

 

Jackson started at her and blinked a few times.

 

And... don't you think he is right?” he dared to ask.

W-what?” she frowned, “obviously not!”

Then why don't you want your fathers to have someone else in their lives? As long as they are happy, you should be too, right?”

B-but I am! I'm happy for them!”

Then why don't you accept Youngjae and Jinyoung's boyfriend?”

But b-because I don't love them!”

But you don't even know your father's boyfriend! How can you hate him?” Jackson sat straight and looked at her with wide opened eyes.

 

She opened to answer, but only a few sounds came out so she just grumpily mumbled something and she stood up.

 

They can date whoever they want, alright?!” she shouted, obviously annoyed, “I don't care! But don't they dare starting another family!!”

Why, huh? Why?” Jackson tried to provoke her to have her sincerely telling what was in her mind.

None of them have been able to take care of me correctly! So how would they be able to take care of someone else?! Is it because daddy and appa are divorced so they don't love me because they don't love each other anymore, huh?! Is it?!” she shouted over her lungs as tears started running down her cheeks, “have they even loved me, huh? Have they?”

 

Something in Jackson's heart broke the moment he saw her burst into tears. He knew she must had had a tough day and she was probably tired because Jaeha wasn't the kind to cry or to say what was on her heart. And as he listened to her words, he finally started to understand her position and why she hated her fathers' boyfriends. It made sense for him and he understood her. She didn't hate Youngjae or Mark Tuan, but she hated the idea of her fathers starting another family with them, she was scared they would let her down and forget about her.

 

He stood up and went to hug her. He felt her tears running down the skin of his neck but he didn't mind at all as he did his best to comfort her.

 

W-why can't I have a normal family?” she sobbed, “why can't my fathers be together like before?”

 


Hello everyone, how are you ? 

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for subscribing, you are 55 and it's absolutely amazing ! Thank you very much guys :D

Second of all, what do you think of this chapter ? It's kinda angsty I know, but we learn more about Jaeha's thoughts and what she really thinks about. I know it comes a bit late in the story, but the previous chapters really introduced all the different relations between the characters and now, in this chapter, we really find out why Jaeha hates both Youngjae and Mark (well, as it is said, she doesn't really hate them, but ... well). 

Also I really like annoying Bambam, sorry if you don't like him in this story ^^

And some of you might think Jaeha is very childish though she is twenty, well, I agree, she is, but you need to understand (and it will be more explained later in the story) that she hasn't always been surrounding by her fathers even when they were still together. We have a hint in this chapter but it will be more explained later. She has reasons to act and think the way she does. 

Anyway, if you have questions or remarks or whatever please do let a comment, I'd like to know what you thought of this chapter and please subscribe and upvote if you want to :)

(PS: here's my new story, I will upload it on the 16th of March only but if you want to go and check it to subscribe, then please do : Be the light. It's a Jinyoung/OC story and here's the quick description: Minjae has to take care of her eight-month-old nephew but she doesn't know how to do it. Jinyoung is just a young pediatrician who is more than willing to help her (and her nephew of course). If you want to check it I'll be really thankful. And sorry for the shameless self promotion).

Thx

xx

Mae