012 Part two

Picking up the pieces

 

 

After they had settled into the room and after Jinyoung had brought them the mattress they would be sleeping on, they went downstairs and found Mark in the living room. When he saw them, he stood up from the sofa and smiled. Jaeha didn't really smile but she politely bowed her head to look a bit nice and then Yugyeom did the same.

 

Nice to meet you,” he said, “I'm Jaeha's boyfriend, Kim Yugyeom.”

Nice to meet you, Yugyeom. And thank you for accepting to come here,” he told the couple.

Well, to be sincere, I didn't really chose and-”

He is very happy to be here,” Jaeha shut him, knowing exactly what he was going to say, “very happy. Right, Yugyeom?” she elbowed him, “happy?”

Happy,” he nodded but she saw in his eyes he was ready to tell the truth about his venue here for the week-end at any moment.

 

Jinyoung and Mark seemed to understand something was off but as long as they didn't know what exactly, Jaeha wouldn't mind. After this, Jinyoung offered them a tour around the big villa and Jaeha was surprised to discover her father's bedroom and the living room, especially when she saw all the pictures of her through the year he had put around the whole house.

 

Isn't that you?” Yugyeom asked while pointing at a picture of her younger self where she was eating watermelon ice-cream but had most of it spread all over her face, “you were so cute~” he cooed, “I wonder what happened.”

Am I not cute anymore?” she tried to ask while looking all angry, though she knew he was joking.

No, now you're y and gorgeous,” he whispered in her ear for her only to hear.

Yah~” she playfully punched his shoulder and then kissed his cheek.

No! No kissing while your father is around!”

Why? He won't mind you know.”

I don't want him to see us kissing! I'm sure he'll be mad at me then!”

Gyeom... he knows we've been together for three years and I'm sure he knows we haven't just been kissing during all this time...”

W-what do you mean?

I mean we're adults and we don't spend all of our nights playing monopoly, if you know what I mean.”

Oh no...” he whined, “I should just go and apologize to him and just break up with you before he gets mad at me and threatens me to hurt me if I don't leave you alone.”

But why the would he do that?!” she burst out in laughed, “you're so stupid Kim Yugyeom!”

Jae, Yugyeom,” her father arrived behind them and Yugyeom froze, “sorry to bother you but we were thinking about going to the restaurant tonight, do you mind?”

No it's fine,” Jae nodded.

Y-yes, it's f-fine...” Yugyeom answered shyly.

There's a super local restaurant only ten minutes away from here, you'll see, it's delicious.”

 

Jinyoung smiled and left the living room to go to the kitchen where Mark was and once the door was closed, Yugyeom sighed loudly.

 

I'm going to go to the restaurant with your father... please tell me it's a dream... no a nightmare...”

Everything is going to be alright, don't worry,” Jaeha assured.

 

*

 

Well, everything could have been alright if there weren't a lot of people at the restaurant fantasizing when they saw Jinyoung entering the place. They automatically took pictures of him and his family without asking for any authorization and the owner of the place came to save them and she exceptionally opened the VIP room for them to eat alone and peacefully. Jinyoung and Mark thanked her and she told them to simply not worry, that no one would bother them.

 

They sat on pillows put directly on the ground and Jinyoung the grill. Next to him sat Mark and Jaeha and Yugyeom were in front of them.

 

When the nice lady came back to take their orders, Jaeha ordered whatever she wanted because her father told her to do so, and when Yugyeom's turn came, he didn't even dare to open his mouth to order a glass of water so Jaeha ordered for him, knowing his tastes anyway.

 

So Yugyeom,” Jinyoung smiled while the boy completely froze, “what are you studying?”

E-e-engineering...” he stuttered and blushed like crazy.

I studied that too,” Mark answered, “it's quite hard, isn't it?”

Y-yeah...”

And do you perhaps do sports? You seem to be quite a sports guy.”

I do dance a bit, and I like to play b-basketball too...”

Oh you dance with Jeon Jungkook, right?” Jinyoung asked and Yugyeom nodded, “how is he doing? Do you still often see each other?” he then asked his daughter.

Sadly yes,” Jaeha let out a desperate sigh, “he likes to invite himself when Yugyeom and I are planing on having dates. He is still has bothering as he was.”

I bet you're exaggerating, he was such a nice kid.”

Ten years ago, yes,” Jaeha cleared .

 

Jinyoung opened his mouth to answer but instead a frown settled on his face and he didn't say anything.

 

And after graduating,” Mark said this time, “what are you planing to do?”

I-I don't know,” Yugyeom shrugged off, “I just want to find a job which I like and to earn money to offer Jae a good and comfortable life and-”

 

When he realized what he had just said, he blushed even more (as if it was possible) and he freaked out. Jae chuckled and under the table, she grabbed his hand to squeeze it in hers to show him she was there and that he didn't have to worry.

 

In front of them, Jinyoung and Mark just smiled fondly.

 

That's cute,” Jaeha's father even said.

 

Somehow, after that, Yugyeom seemed to relax a bit. Jaeha couldn't really understand why but he was feeling better around her father then she was also feeling better. The lady came back with their food and while Mark took care of grilling the meat with Yugyeom's help, the young couple ended up talking about a lot of thing concerning their life. They talked about the incident about the information sheet to be completed for the trip during their last year of high school, or about this time when Mina refused to believe Jaeha was really Jinyoung's daughter. Obviously they had a lot more of memories to share, but only the funniest ones were revealed this night and Jaeha even found herself talking to Mark.

 

Her father's boyfriend was the CEO of a big corporation and the main offices were settled in LA, in Beijing and now that he was in Korea, he had one if Seoul but he wasn't really often going there. He was spending most of his time with Jinyoung and together, they were just doing whatever they wanted without worries. Jaeha didn't really ask how they met, because she overheard in the conversation that they had met at a movie festival in LA two years ago already but that it had taken them a lot of time to actually start dating. And Mark even confessed her that the first time they had officially gone on a date, Jinyoung had spent most of his time speaking of his daughter, so about her and that Mark had just been even more eager to meet the famous Im Jaeha who couldn't stop but being in her father's mind all the time. She indeed felt moved when he told her that but she just kept her straight face as if it was nothing but a mere detail.

 

Finally, when they came back home and that Jaeha and Yugyeom were alone in her bedroom, lying on the very comfortable mattress, she told him she had a good night and that Mark wasn't as bad as she thought he would be.

 

I'm not saying I love him and accept him,” she said, “but... I could have decent conversations with him.”

I like him,” Yugyeom admitted, “he made me forget I was talking and eating in front of your father and that was a complicated thing to do.”

So I can just let you three alone now?” she playfully elbowed him.

No! You can't do that! Not ever!”

I won't, don't worry.”

 

She kissed his cheek and closed her eyes before snuggling closer to him. Before falling asleep, Jaeha thought that maybe it was not that terrible to be with her father and Mark.

 


I'm late and I'm sorry, really! I didn't have time to update this story before :/

Anyway, here's chapter 12 part two and somehow, Jaeha had quite a good time. Is it going to last? Was it just because Yugyeom was there? Well, you'll see in further chapters. And what did you think of this chapter? I read your comment but didn't have to time to answer, but i read them don't worry :) thank you very much for commenting!

Next chapter will only be flashback of the moments Jaeha and Yugyeom mentionned to Jinyoung and Mark, about the information sheet and all, but in the chapter after this one things will get pretty serious, just saying!

Anyway, thank you for reading!

xx

Mae