037

Picking up the pieces

A week later Jaeha still had no news about her boyfriend – if he was still her boyfriend. It truly broke her heart to find herself in such a situation. Words could be harsh but silence sometimes was even harsher and at this time it was killing her. She couldn't understand what she had done wrong to deserve the silent treatment.

 

And seeing his daughter looking so down and desperate really bothered Jaebum. That was why on Saturday, when he woke up, he decided they would go out with Youngjae, the three of them, and they would keep her busy so that she wouldn't have time to think about that boy.

 

He cooked breakfast for them all and once Jaeha finally left her bedroom, he welcomed her with a hug.

 

We're going out today,” he said once he released her from his warm embrace.

Where?”

Out. In town. We're going shopping and we will also go to the cinema. There's this movie Youngjae and I have been wanting to see for a while now. And we'll eat at Jin's too, it's been a long time since we last went to visit him.”

Is Youngjae coming?”

Of course.”

 

She nodded and sat down at the kitchen counter and waited for her dad to bring her the food which he fortunately did after a short while. She ate silently and Jaebum watched her do so with a big smile on his face. A few minutes later, Youngjae joined them and greeted Jaeha with a smile and he even dared as far as ruffling her already messy hair. She sent him a dark glare but didn’t say a word, probably since was full Jaebum reckoned. The delighted father shared the program of the day and Youngjae obviously approved it all, whereas Jaeha didn’t really bother listening; she was more focused on the food which she found really delicious. It totally suited her tastes.

 

Once she was done she hurried back into her bedroom to get fully ready. She wore light and simple clothes, since she didn’t want to feel uncomfortable especially if they were going to walk a lot, though with Youngjae being pregnant, she guessed they were mostly going to take the car – her father would even probably let her drive for once, she hoped. In the meantime she received a text message from Jungkook asking her if she wanted to go out, she quickly answered no telling him why to which she got a surprised emoji.

 

From: Kookie Jar

You’re going out with your father AND Youngjae hyung?

 

To: Kookie Jar

Yeah, I’ll tell you about it later

 

She put her phone on silent mode and put it in her handbag, along with her purse. She tied her hair into a messy bun and waited for her dad and his boyfriend to be ready in the living room.

 

The three of them left the flat around thirty minutes later and went down to the parking lot. There, Jaeha stole the key from her dad’s hand and quickly sat down at the driver seat. Jaebum complained and told her with his deep voice to go seat in the backseat, but Youngjae told him to trust her for once. From his expression, it was obvious Jaebum feared for their safety with his daughter being their driver, but he didn’t go against Youngjae’s opinion and even sat behind his daughter, which had her smiling proudly.

 

She didn’t talk much during the ride and kept her gaze fixed on the road to avoid being caught in an accident. It resulted with her dad congratulating her once they were parked.

 

You didn’t have to worry,” said Youngjae. “She’s a good driver!”

I don’t doubt her ability to drive, but we have to be careful with you in the car.”

 

He kissed his forehead and Jaeha wrinkled her nose. She decided to walk two steps ahead of them to avoid seeing this kind of embarrassing things. They walked down the big avenue, sometimes stopping in front of some vitrines to look at the different items being displayed but they never actually stepped inside the shops since none of them was really interested. It was more about enjoying a moment together than spending it inside of crowded shops after all. That was why Jaebum kept asking Jaeha about the university and how her classes were going, to have a special moment with his daughter and keeping up with her life – and he especially wanted to take her out of the house to make sure she wasn’t busy thinking about her boyfriend.

 

However they did stop inside a shop specialized in baby stuff. Youngjae dragged them inside and Jaebum somehow feared Jaeha’s reaction, he highly expected her to simply refuse and to go away, but instead, without a word, she followed them inside. She was even the first one to point out a few cute pieces of clothing. And when those clothes were uni, both himself and Youngjae didn’t hesitate to buy it. If it had Jaeha’s approval, they couldn’t say no and go against her. They bought several animal onesies and a little pair of red shoes.

 

As soon as they left the shop, Jaeha started questioning them. She wondered if they had bought the crib, the changing table and even a stroller.

 

“Well… we don’t, actually. So far we only have clothes,” Youngjae admitted. “We still have three months left to buy all the stuff we need, so it’s fine.”

“But what if the baby decide to come earlier?”

“We don’t want to think about this, Jae,” her dad answered, putting an end to their conversation.

 

When midday came, they reached the Eat Jin restaurant. Of course the owner was happy to see them since it had been almost two months since they hadn’t come in and he even offered them all a drink to celebrate their return. Jaebum insisted on telling them it was fine, they would pay for their drinks but Seokjin strictly refused. Strangely enough, once the meat was served, Jaeha kept asking questions, it was like she couldn’t refrain herself from doing so. Jaebum was listening to her asking about the baby’s health, and remained silent while his boyfriend was answering. Youngjae seemed so delighted to have this conversation with Jaeha he didn’t bother interrupting them, he considered it was their moment, one of the few they had shared so far. He hoped though they would have more in the future since they seemed to be more comfortable around each other now that the secret was out. Youngjae knew he didn’t have to be cautious around her anymore and Jaeha had probably finally came to terms with the fact that Youngjae was going to share a part of her life for a long time now. And for Jaebum who had been in the middle of them from the very beginning, seeing an improvement in their relations was a relief.

 

So he let them chatted as much as they wanted, in the meantime he silently enjoyed his meal and grilled them some meat to make sure they were also eating and were not just talking.

 

Then, because their stomachs were full and they didn’t have the courage to walk – especially Youngjae who had swollen ankles – they went to the nearest cinema. The couple imposed their choice of movie but Jaeha actually didn’t mind seeing it too, mostly because the main actor was one of her favorites. None of them talked during the movie, they only reacted once a very familiar face appeared on the screen. It was only a quick cameo, nonetheless both Jaeha and Jaebum looked at him with astonishment. Indeed, none of them knew Jinyoung had acted in this movie. He played the role of the nice teacher sermonizing kids about harassment in playground, and he wasn’t on the screen for more than two minutes, yet it’s all Jaeha remembered from the movie – that and also the fact that her dad knew the handsome actor, if she was lucky she could maybe ask for an autograph then.

 

They left the place once the movie was done.

 

“I didn’t know Park Jinyoung acted in this movie!” Youngjae spoke first.

“I didn’t-” both father and daughter spoke at the same time, but Jaebum told her to go first.

“I didn’t know either,” Jaeha then said.

“Well, that’s too bad,” Youngjae sighed. “We could have asked him for free tickets and we would have spared some money.”

 

This somehow made Jaeha laughed.

 

“Next time we’ll ask him, maybe he’ll even let us go to one of his premieres,” she shrugged off.

“I’d love that!” Youngjae said with a big grin. He looked like one of Jinyoung’s fan, which Jaebum appreciated in a certain way. He was glad his boyfriend was not jealous of his ex-husband and wasn’t preventing him from seeing his movies or even talking to him. There was no kind of animosity and he loved that.

 

On their way home they stopped at their local ice-cream parlor – no it was not Jaeha who requested it but Youngjae, he craved something fresh and sweet and opted for some citrus sorbet while Jaeha as per usual order a big cup of her favorite flavor, watermelon. Jaebum symbolically ordered one scoop of citrus ice-cream and one scoop of watermelon ice-cream. He stood in between them, he was not in favor of one flavor over the other, he loved them both equally. Through his ice-cream, he wanted to show them both he was there for them.

 

 


Hey guys! How are you ? 

Here's another chapter for you, this time it's about 2jae and Jaeha. I hope you'll like it :D

Thank you very much for your sweet comments on the last chapter. Thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting! It means so much to me ! 

Until next time, take care of you!

xx

Mae