012 Part one

Picking up the pieces

 

 

I can't believe you lied to me...” Yugyeom sighed for the nth time, really annoyed.

It wasn't really a lie,” Jaeha shrugged off as she kept her eyes glued to the road. Since she was the one driving, she didn't want them to have an accident.

You told me we were having a week-end at the countryside!”

And it's the case!”

You never told me it was to meet your father, Jaeha!”

Well... hum...” she cleared , “I know you, if I had told you before, you have panicked and I wouldn't have been able to drag you behind me. So I've chosen not to tell you so that I was sure you would go.”

But I'm going to meet your father for God's sake! You should have told me! I need time to prepare myself mentally!”

Alright,” she sighed and rolled her eyes, “so, note to myself, I must not let you look at my text messages again.”

 

After her meeting with her father and after she had told him he needed to meet Yugyeom, she had offered her boyfriend a nice trip at the countryside without really telling him about her true intentions. She wanted to do it once they would have been done with school, but Jinyoung had insisted on doing it the earlier as possible. So only one week later after the father and daughter's last meeting, she was on her way with Yugyeom by her side to Jinyoung's house. In a way, she was a bit worried about her father and Yugyeom's meeting, since after all, she was wondering what they could possibly talk about if not only about her, but she was glad Yugyeom would be with her all the time so that she wouldn't have to face Jinyoung and his new boyfriend just by her own. Without Yugyeom, she knew she wouldn't have accepted to go.

 

It's your father for God's sake... how I am supposed to meet him like this while I'm totally unprepared?”

You don't need to prepare to meet people.”

But it's your father!” he glared at her.

And what, huh? What does this change to a normal meeting? Is it because he is Park Jinyoung the famous actor?”

No, because he is your father!”

 

He sighed and leaned his head against the window. He let out a long and whiny sigh before he decided to talk again.

 

How am I even supposed to greet him? Do I need to bow my head? To shake his hand? To kneel down in front of him?”

Just go with the flow.”

Oh, yeah? Really?” he snorted, “and what if he is too relaxed with me? What do I say? 'Oh hello, I'm Kim Yugyeom and I've been sleeping with your daughter for three years now, it's finally time we meet'?” he sarcastically asked.

Why not? He might laugh, who knows?” she chuckled.

Yah! Im Jaeha! I'm serious there!” he shouted.

And I'm driving! Don't shout at me!!”

But I'm not shouting!!”

You are!!” she screamed even louder than him.

 

He opened his mouth to answer but in the end, he didn't say anything. Jaeha watched him from the corner of her eyes and she saw him folding his arms over his chest with an angry look over his face.

 

Look,” she said, “there's a service area in two kilometers, let's stop here to have a drink or two to relax and to eat something, alright?”

Alright...”

 

*

 

And my clothes? What about my clothes? Do you think it's a correct outfit to meet my father-in-law?”

Ah no! No no no!” Jaeha hit the wheel, “it's not because we're back on the road that you should start speaking about that again! Just leave me alone or I kick you out of the car and you go back to Seoul by your own means!”

But... Jae-”

Don't 'Jae' me. Just listen to the music and shut up.”

 

He pouted like a cute puppy but he listened to her. Yet, he kept fidgeting on his seat and from time to time, he was sighing.

 

*

 

What's the number again?” she asked.

Hum... ten,” Yugyeom answered since he had the address written on Jaeha's phone in the hands.

Then it's here.”

 

She smiled and quickly turned to park her car in front of the closed huge black gates. She went out of the car and walked toward the intercom. She pressed the button and when a low-pitched voice with a foreign accent spoke, she froze.

 

Who is it?”

Hum... it's me... I mean Jaeha.”

 

She heard a buzzing sound and the gates opened themselves. She mumbled a quick “thanks” and went back into the car. Just like Yugyeom, she breathed in a good time and they entered the property. While she was looking straight at the path, Yugyeom could looked at the garden and it left him speechless. She parked the car next to the three other ones who were already there and the couple went out.

 

Whoa...” Yugyeom sighed while looking at the villa in front of them, “it's huge...”

When appa told me they had bought a house, I thought of a typical house, not of a freaking mansion!”

I think we can still leave, it's time.”

No,” she opened the trunk and put his bag into his arms, “now that we're here, let's just do it. And I'm with you, don't worry.”

 

She tiptoed to kiss him and then they heard a door creaking which caught their attention. Jaeha saw her father staying next to the main door. She smiled and walked toward him, dragging Yugyeom behind her.

 

You're here,” Jinyoung said as he welcomed her into his arms before kissing her temple, “I'm glad you could make it.”

Well, I had told you we would, right?”

Yeah, you did.”

 

She stepped out and looked at her father and Yugyeom discovering themselves for the very first time. With an amused smile over her lips, she saw Yugyeom shyly walking toward her father and he politely bowed his head.

 

N-nice to meet you, sir, my name is Kim Yugyeom, I-I am Jaeha's boyfriend.”

I know, nice to meet you too Yugyeom,” Jinyoung smiled.

 

They also shook hands and then they entered the house.

 

Don't mind the mess, alright? We're sill unwrapping our stuff and the third floor of the house is still on work so there's dust and boxes everywhere but we managed to tidy up a bit before you arrived,” Jinyoung explained.

 

Jaeha and Yugyeom let their shoes into the hall and stepped deeper into the house, her boyfriend following her closely. Though the exterior of the house seemed a bit old, the interior was very modern and no matter where you were looking, you could see it had just been renovated. And somehow, Jaeha totally imagined living in a house like that: it felt like her father.

 

Alright, your bedroom is upstairs. Follow me.”

 

They climbed the wooden stairs and entered the very first room. Jaeha looked around but except from white walls and a window with blue curtains, there was nothing.

 

Hum... appa...”

I know,” Jinyoung smiled, “I know, there's no bed because we want you to buy it. In fact, we want you to decorate your own bedroom. So you have two choices for this week-end, you can just sleep on a matress here or in the living room, on the sofa but-”

The matress will do the job,” Jaeha smiled, “don't worry.”

Are you sure?” she nodded, “Yugyeom, what do you think?”

 

The boy froze and blushed so much that Jaeha couldn't help but chuckled.

 

I-I don't mind at all I mean... I'm fine with everything to sleep with Jae- I mean, no, to be with her. I just want to stay with her and not sleep with her, I mean-”

He'll be fine, don't worry,” Jaeha cut him before he could dig his own grave even more.

Good then. I'll just go and look for the mattress, stay here,” her father said as if Yugyeom hadn't say anything.

 

The moment he left the room, the boy sighed loudly.

 

I'm doomed.”

You're funny,” Jaeha gently pinched his cheek, “I like to see you all embarrassed like that.”

Your father is going to hate me...”

 


Hello guys! I'm just quickly uploading this chapter and thanking you for the 80 subs! Waiting for your feedbacks~! 

Thx :)

xx

Mae