015

Picking up the pieces

 

Oh~ Look who's here! Isn't that Miss I-went-to-the-restaurant-with-my-famous-father-and-my-boyfriend? I think it's her!”

Well, hello to you too, Bambam,” Jaeha rolled her eyes and sat on a stool in front of him though he was on the other side of the bar, “how are you? Did you have a nice week-end?”

Great. I went to a party with Jungkook and Mina on Saturday, it was fun. And you? Your week-end?”

As you already know I went to my father's with Gyeom and... that's all.”

 

She ordered a black coffee and Bambam quickly took care of her order.

 

Did you eat well?”

What do you mean?” she asked after she took a sip of the hot beverage.

The restaurant you ate at, did you eat well? It looked like a fancy place.”

It was just nice and the food was great, the other people however weren't.”

I've seen the pictures.”

Where?”

Everywhere,” he admitted, “on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram... everywhere.”

Sometimes I wish my father wasn't famous,” she sighed loudly.

Well, maybe you can find a job in some entertainment company or you can become an actress, just like him. It could be fun to see the father and the daughter in one movie.”

There's no way I'll become an actress, no thanks!”

Why?” he raised a brow.

Because this is not what I want to do.”

And what do you want to do then?”

I... I still don't know, I'll think more about it once I'll be done with university, which means I still have three years to think about it.”

Tsk... I'm sure in three years you'll still be as hopeless as you are now.”

I'll just follow Yugyeom anyway, he is thinking about finding an internship overseas so I can just can just go wherever he goes.”

Because you think you'll still be together in three years?”

Why wouldn't we be together anymore?”

You might just get bored of each other and break up. You never know what tomorrow is made of,” Bambam said with a very serious in which Jaeha didn't believe any seconds.

I know what tomorrow is made of, mind you! I know that I have two freaking tests in the same day and that my maths teacher added two hours after classes so I won't be done with school before eight pm.”

What a sad life,” he said ironically, “what a sad life...”

I'm probably going to fail my tests anyway since I didn't revise during the week-end... if my dad finds out about it I'm doomed.”

 

She drank her coffee a bit and propped her head into her palm.

 

Why did you come here by the way?”

Just wanted to say hi to Yugyeom.”

He is busy behind.”

I know.”

And yet you're here.”

Maybe I just wanted to bother you in the end.”

Well, it works,” he mischievously smirked.

 

She punched him in the shoulder and emptied her cup in one go. She stood up of the stool and put her bag on her shoulders again.

 

I'll be going now,” she said, “have a good night.”

You too, Jae. Say hi to your father from me.”

Not even in your dreams,” she chuckled.

I least I tried!”

 

She waved and left the coffee place without seeing her boyfriend. She knew she could have sent him a text message to tell him to come and see her, but she didn't want him to have a blame or to be scold by his manager just because of her, so she left and promised to send him a message right before going to bed just like she was always doing whenever they couldn't see each other.

 

She went home by foot, walking through the busy city streets and she even found herself entering some clothes and make-up stores. She didn't buy anything since she knew it would only be a waste of money (not that she had none or had money to save, clearly she could buy whatever she wanted whenever she wanted, but Jaeha didn't like to buy useless things). However, it took her quite a while to escape a particular shop when the seller recognized her as “Park Jinyoung's daughter”. She couldn't even called her by her name once and kept mentioning and questioning her about her father which clearly Jaeha hated. She was a person on her own and had her own life and personality and yet, some people were only seeing her father through her.

 

When the seller was finally done with her questions, she asked her for a picture before leaving and Jaeha accepted in order not to be too rude and once she was finally free, she went home for good this time. She greeted the guards who were about to leave to let the night guards take their spot and took the elevator. Once she reached the good floor, she entered the secret code and entered her house.

 

I'm home,” she shouted as usual, leaving her shoes with the other ten pairs behind the main door.

 

Nobody answered her, which was somehow surprising since her dad was only operating in the morning and early afternoon and was only holding consultations from three to six pm. Since it was already seven and a half pm, she wondered where he could possibly be.

 

Daddy?” she called out while walking further in the house, “Youngjae?”

 

No answered came and Jaeha looked for a note which her father could have possibly left before leaving but she found none. So she just cooked herself a meal because she was hungry, she took a shower and since she was home alone, she sat in the sofa with her computer on her lap and her copybooks all around her and she revised her lessons for the upcoming tests.

 

Jaeha was naturally a good student and she didn't have to work a lot to have good grades, but she liked to revise a bit before a test to actually make sure she knew her lessons but lately, she had been distracted by a lot of things which included mostly her father and she hadn't been paying attention to her classes as much as she used to do earlier in the year. And since she didn't have a lot of friends at the uni either, she couldn't really asked someone for the lessons when she was missing them. But she knew what she was doing was bad and that she needed to solve everything quickly to have good grades.

 

She spend at least one hour studying before she fell asleep. Indeed, she was still tired from her week-end at her father's and because she had kept worrying about what Jungkook had joked about last evening, she couldn't sleep well and at some point, she fell asleep on the sofa. She had the good reflex to put her computer on the ground with her books and papers and she lay all over the very comfortable sofa. A few minutes after she was already in a deep slumber.

 

Yet, it didn't last long because she was awakened by Youngjae who had finally came home. She didn't really catch up what he said, her mind being asleep for good and she started drifting to sleep again before he shook her awake.

 

Go to your bedroom Jae,” Youngjae gently told her.

Where's daddy?” she mumbled.

He is back, don't worry,” he smiled, “you can go to bed now.”

Where were you?”

 

She yawned loudly and it only made him laugh a bit. He helped her to stand up and she stumbled and she would have fell if he wasn't there to catch her. She leaned against him while he helped her to go to her bedroom and she didn't miss the awful smell he had on his clothes.

 

You smell like hospital,” she mumbled.

I know.”

 

The moment her head touched her pillow, she fell asleep.

 

Youngjae covered her body with the cover and her slowly left her bedroom, closing the door while making sure he wasn't making a sound. In the kitchen, Jaebum was making them instant ramens due to the late hour. Youngjae sat on a chair and watched his boyfriend cooking for them with a fond smile.

 

Is Jaeha asleep?” Jaebum asked with his husky tired voice which Youngjae liked a lot since it was really y to his mind.

She is.”

Guess she mustn't have slept correctly lately.”

Maybe she should just stop hanging out too much after school...” Youngjae said, “she should rest first and have fun later.”

Go and try to tell her that,” Jaebum scoffed, “she is going to hate you.”

More than she already does, probably,” the younger one sighed.

 

Jaebum ignored the last comment and sat in front of his boyfriend with two cups of smoking hot instant noodles.

 

Thank you for the food,” Youngjae smiled and started eating yet making sure he wouldn't burn his tongue.

I know it's not a feast or very healthy food but I'm way too tired to actually cook right now... hope you don't mind.”

You know I don't care.”

But I promise I'll start making more healthier food next week. I'll change my schedule according to yours so that we can spend a lot of times together and also we need to decorate the room for the baby.”

Hyung, you don't have to do all of this.”

But I want to. The doctor just told you to avoid any kind of stress and to rest a lot, so I want to be by your side all the time to make sure you're alright and that baby has everything he needs. And for that, you're going to move in here.”

You keeps saying 'he', do you want a boy?”

Well, I already have a daughter, so why not? But I'm fine with a girl too, I just want my baby to be healthy. And I also want you to be healthy.”

 

Youngjae smiled and leaned above the table to grab Jaebum's chin and to kiss him. Surprised by this bolt move, Jaebum looked at him with a raised brow when they parted.

 

I love you, hyung.”

I love you too, Youngjae.”

 


Here's the 15th chapter~ little Jaeha and Bambam moment and also cute 2jae moment at the end :)

What did you thnik of it? Did you like it or not ? please tell me!

And also, we reached 102 subs on this story, which is seriously amazing! Thank you very much to anyone who has subscribed so far, it means a lot to me and I hope you'll like what comes next!

thx :)

xx

Mae