014

Picking up the pieces

 

 

I'm home,” Jaeha shouted when she entered her room.

Welcome back!” she heard her dad shouting from a room somewhere in the flat.

 

She left her shoes on the ground next to the door, put her coat on the coat-rail and stepped inside. Youngjae was sitting at the dinning table, his computer in front of him and his round glasses on top of his nose and when he saw her, he smiled.

 

Welcome back.”

 

She vaguely bowed her head and went to her bedroom to leave her bag somewhere on the ground. She investigated a bit and found her dad in the guest room disassembling the big bed. Also, the wooden desk which used to be under the window was nowhere in sight.

 

What are you doing?” she asked, curious, while leaning against the door-frame with her hands dug into her trousers.

We're going to redecorate this room,” her dad smiled, “so I'm getting rid of all the furniture.”

Oh? Really? You haven't told me about it.”

I might have forgotten.”

 

He walked toward her and left a quick kiss on her forehead.

 

How are you? Did you have a nice week-end?”

It was alright,” she shrugged off.

And with your father's boyfriend?”

Dad... can we not talk about him please?”

Alright, alright,” he chuckled, “I was just asking. If you had a great time, then I'm happy.”

 

He left the room and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. In the meantime, he also checked on Youngjae and asked him how he was doing. The younger man answered with a smile and a quick “I'm fine”.

 

Why aren't you helping him?” Jaeha asked Youngjae.

Hum?” he titled his head and watched her open the fridge to take out a can of coke. She opened it and drank two big swallows.

Why aren't you helping him? Why should dad do all the hard work while you're sitting on a chair doing nothing?”

Jae,” Jaebum said with a cold voice, “don't.”

What? I'm just asking!”

Youngjae is also busy, plus I don't want him to get hurt while helping me.”

Well, I know he is weak and all but he can at least unscrew a screw no? Even I can do that.”

Then you come and help me.”

I'm not the one who wants to redecorate the room.”

 

Jaebum sighed loudly and ran a hand through his hair. He was about to answer when Youngjae motioned him not to.

 

I... I can't really lift up heavy things for now,” Youngjae cleared his throat, “but I've asked him to let me help, if it can reassure you. I don't want to let him do all the work either.”

 

Jaebum listened to him without saying a word and he knitted his brows together, surprised by this answer and apparently, so was Jaeha. She had the same expression as her dad plastered on her face and she was standing still while watching Youngjae.

 

Why can't you lift things?” she said after a short while, “did you hurt yourself?”

It's... it's not really that... “

Then what?”

Jaeha, leave him alone,” Jaebum sighed.

Too bad,” she shrugged off, “because if he had been really wounded I would have been nicer with him. Good thing you're not then.”

 

She smiled and went to her bedroom, slamming the door closed behind her. She put her dirty clothes into the dirty laundry basket and took a shower. She put on her pajamas and lay on her bed with her laptop on her knees. She quickly checked her profiles on the different social media and Jungkook decided to bother her by calling her on Facetime.

 

Well, hello there, ugly,” he chuckled when she her camera for him to see her.

Hello there, uglier,” she answered with the same tone.

How are you?

Fine, and you?”

Better now that you've brought back my best friend to Seoul. I'm glad to know he is still alive.”

Before being you're best friend he is my boyfriend, you know? I've got the priority on him.”

Well, I'll ask him to chose between you and me, to see.

You're so stupid Jungkook.

 

Hearing this girl's voice, Jaeha frowned and only a few seconds later, Mina appeared from behind Jungkook.

 

Hi Jae! How are you?”

I'm fine but... what are you two doing together? Where are you?

We're at my place,” Jungkook casually answered.

I've came to squat his living room for the night, my roommate brought her boyfriend for the night and I didn't know when you were coming back.

Oh~ I see,” Jaeha winked, “I see, I see.”

It's not what you think though!” the Japanese girl blushed.

Don't worry, Jaeha is stupid,” Jungkook mumbled but yet she heard him.

And you're even more stupid Kookie!”

 

Suddenly, coming from the outside, Jaeha heard something fell loudly on the ground and then she heard her dad hissed in pain.

 

What's going on?” Jungkook asked.

My dad is redecorating the guest room and I guess he has just hurt himself.”

Oh! Shouldn't you go and ask him if he is alright?

Youngjae can take care of him, I'm busy speaking with you.”

But your dad-

Isn't Choi Youngjae helping him?” Jungkook asked and Jaeha shook her head, “why?

He said he couldn't lift things and everything and that even if he had asked my dad to help apparently he refused.”

Why?

I don't know,” she shrugged off.

Is he pregnant or what?” Jungkook scoffed and he was expecting Jaeha to laugh too, but instead she lost her smile and frowned.

W-what? What are you talking about?”

Calm down, Jae baby, it's only a joke. I'm joking!

Those kinds of joke don't make me laugh, Jeon Jungkook.”

Oh~you're such a little girl.

 

She cursed at him and hung up before he could answer. She thought about his words and tried to convince herself that it was impossible, that Youngjae wasn't a carrier anyway. But because the doubt remained, she left her bedroom and spotted her dad's boyfriend on the same chair as he was before. And he didn't even look at her when she walked toward the fridge while looking at him in a very creepy way.

 

His face wasn't bloated at all and he seemed fine. When she turned around him, she looked at his ankle to see if they were swollen or if his stomach was showing off but because of his clothes, she couldn't see.

 

Before coming back to her bedroom, she collapsed against her dad's torso.

 

What are you doing? Were you bothering him once again?”

N-no, not at all,” she gulped, “tell me, dad, what are you going to put inside the bedroom? Do you just want to do another guest bedroom with another decoration or...?”

I don't know yet,” he said, “we'll see later.”

He can't be pregnant...” Jaeha thought, “it's impossible! Dad likes to be organized, if Youngjae was pregnant, then he would have started to decorate the room earlier. I know my dad and I trust him. Youngjae is not pregnant.

What do you want to eat tonight? Let's order something.”

Just... whatever you'll want be fine,” she smiled, “it will be fine.”

 

Jaebum nodded and walked toward Youngjae. He patted his shoulder and the younger man smiled.

 

He can't be pregnant,” Jaeha thought before going back to her bedroom.

 

 

 


tada~here's chapter 14 and something finally happens ^^ 

I don't really have much to say, I'd rather let you think by yourselve so that you can tell me your thoughts in the comments :)

And thank you so much for reading this story and for subscribing, there are almost 100 subs it's absolutly amazing, thank you very much :D

xx

Mae