021 Part two

Picking up the pieces

A/N:

Hello! Quick author note: This chapter (part one and part two) tells about Jaeha and Jungkook's friendship through the years and has nothing to do with the whole plot in general, it's just bonus. For a bigger a/n, please read at the end of chapter 021 part two :) 

Also, this part contains mention of homophobia and curing, if you don't like it please do not read.

And this is a double update, read part one first.

 

 

 

Oh! Guys! Look who's there! Isn't that the daughter of our favorite fagots?” a guy from her class said and him and all his bunch of morons burst out in laughter. “Hey! Im Jaeha, it's been quite a while since we heard about your dads, where are they? Busy and taking it in the ?”

 

She clicked her tongue against her teeth and tried to ignore them. She knew they were only trying to get her mad and even if it was working, she chose to pretend she hadn't seen any of them or couldn't hear them. Instead, she kept looking at her copybooks to resolve her math equations.

 

Jaeha... hey, Jaeha!” the guy who was like a leader for the groups of idiots they were decided to seat in front of her and he took her mobile phone which she had left in the corner of her table. She bit on her lower to try hard not to curse at him and instead, with a soft voice, she asked him to give it back to her. “Say, how did your father who is a ty actor I may add has even managed to succeed and to become this famous? He must have spent a lot of time on his knees right?”

 

He chuckled dryly along with his group left at the door.

 

Give me my phone, please.”

Or maybe he'd rather be bent over a table, no?”

Give me my-”

Won't you let her alone?” a low-pitched voice suddenly echoed in the room.

 

Jaeha saw Jungkook pushing the guys at the door to make his way into the classroom. He walked to Jaeha and stood right next to her, his hand finding its way on her shoulder to let her know he was there.

 

Look who's here now! What do you want, Jeon?”

I want you to let her alone.”

Well, I'm sorry, but right now I'm having a lot of fun as you can see.”

Get out before I kick you out by myself.”

As if,” the guy snorted and stood up, facing Jungkook, “what would you do, huh? A weak guy like you.”

Want me to show you?”

Jungkook,” Jaeha mumbled, “don't do anything stupid.”

See, Jeon? Even your little girl tells you. But tell me, Jeon, why do you stick to her? What's so good about her that you're always with her? Her fathers, maybe? You also like it when they-”

 

He didn't even have enough to end his sentence that Jungkook's fist ended up right in his cheek and nose.

 

You can insult me all you want, I won't mind, but you don't dare to insult Jaeha or her dads! Never!” Jungkook coldly warned the guy who tried to punch him too but instead, ended up getting beaten pretty badly.

 

Later in the day, when Jungkook had the right to leave the school with his mom who had come and picked him up from the headmaster's office where he had been punished and spent the day in, Jaeha jumped on him the moment he stepped out of the gates and she hugged him tightly in front of all the other students and teachers surrounding them.

 

Don't you ever hit someone on my behalf!” she told him, “don't ever do that alone Jeon Jungkook!”

But... Jae-”

Next time let's do this together!”

 

He couldn't do anything but smile like a fool and hug her even tighter. It was one of those kind of moments Jungkook wanted to share with the whole world and tell everyone: “you see guys, this is real friendship.”

 

*

 

Yugyeom and Jungkook were sitting on a bench in the playground of the high school and they were both watching Jaeha was who talking with the president of the student council a few meters away from them. While Jungkook was simply wondering what they could be talking about, Yugyeom, who had been Jaeha's boyfriend for four months now, was glaring at the other guy and if eyes could kill, he would probably already be dead.

 

Jungkook didn't like to be cheesy or anything like that, he wasn't the kind of boy to share his feelings and didn't like to talk about his torments either but for four months now, there had been something bugging him and he felt like it was the perfect moment to finally open up about it. So he gathered his courage and elbowed his friend in the side to catch his attention.

 

Hey, Gyeom, we're friends right, you dating Jaeha won't change that. But don't hurt her please. If you do I won't forgive you. Jae is like my twin sister, if she is hurt, I'm hurt too. That's... that's all I'll ever ask you.”

Why are you saying that out of the blue?” Yugyeom scoffed.

I-I was... you know... just thinking about it. Don't ask. Just do what I've told you.”

I will, don't worry,” Yugyeom laughed and ruffled his friend's black hair before he received a strong punch in the arm and stopped.

 

Yugyeom could have been jealous of Jungkook and Jaeha's relationship. After all, when he had met them two years ago, he had thought they were together or would soon date, but he had understood now that it was not romantic love they were feeling for each other, but fraternal love. Jungkook and Jaeha may not had been blood siblings, but they remained siblings nonetheless.

 

*

 

So now that you've met him, what do you think? He is kind of weird, no? And he is also really awkward, don't you think? I really don't like him.”

 

As if Jungkook was a member of her family, Jaeha had invited him to a meal with her dad but also her dad's new boyfriend, Choi Youngjae. From what the girl had previously told him, Jungkook had expected to meet an ugly young guy and had portrayed him as a real nerd who was always stuck into his books due to him being a teacher and who was socially awkward. But after meeting the said Choi Youngjae in person, Jungkook had been surprising to see a nearly thirty-year-old man with a big and bright grin who had easily put him at ease and they even had very interesting conversations over dinner. He was very open-minded about a lot of subjects and he hadn't address himself to the teens as if they were kids, but instead, they had real adults talks and Jungkook had to admit, he had a rather good evening. Now the hardest part was to tell it to Jaeha.

 

You want me to tell the truth, right?”

Obviously I want to!”

I like him.”

Betrayer,” she mumbled and looked at him with a real disappointed and betrayed look on her face.

 

Not only she kicked him out of her house, but she also refused to talk to him for an entire week.

 

*

 

Who ate the last muffin?!” Jaeha shouted from the kitchen of Yugyeom's flat, “who committed this crime?!”

 

Yugyeom and Jungkook were in the living room playing video games when Jaeha rushed out of the kitchen and stepped in front of the TV, disturbing their game.

 

Who ate it?” she asked, hands on her hips and furrowed brows, “who?!”

What are you talking about?” Yugyeom asked.

The muffin!”

Yah! All of this for a muffin, just go and buy another one. And step aside, I'd like to win and you're slightly in my way,” Jungkook snorted.

It's you, right?” she pointed a finger at him, “you're the culprit! You ate my muffin!!”

Yeah!” Jungkook lowered his controller and looked at her, “Yeah I ate it! And so what? What are you going to do huh?! You're going to make me puke it?!”

That was my muffin you ing idiot! I had call dibs on it ever since we bought it this morning and you ate it!!”

 

She grabbed the nearest pillow and started hitting him with it. Normally, he would have just laugh off and make fun of her lake of strength, but this time, she hit him pretty badly and her pillow hits were quite strong and painful. And when he tried to react, she jumped on him and tackled him against the sofa so that she was on top on him and could hit him even more.

 

You.are.a.ing..I.hope.you.choke.on.your.food.the.next.time.you.eat.you-”

 

With every words she said came a hit right in the face and Yugyeom had to step into their fight to take Jaeha away from Jungkook but even in his embrace and while wriggling like crazy to get free, it didn't stop since Jungkook stepped right in front of her but where she couldn't reach him, Yugyeom preventing her from doing so, and he kept provoking her.

 

Yeah! You just keep eating like you do Im Jaeha! We'll see who will be as big as a whale soon! We'll see!” he cursed back.

It was mine!! You're a freaking thief Jeon Jungkook! I hate you!”

Oh, now you hate me, really?” he scoffed, “are you sure the right sentence isn't 'I ate' instead?”

 

He kept making fun of her seeing how hard she was trying to free herself to go and get him but fortunately, Yugyeom was stronger than her. In the end, she gave up and went home, but she never stopped cursing and insulting him.

 

And the next morning, when Jaeha woke up, her dad told her Jungkook had came in earlier to bring her something. Surprised, she opened the little white box he had left for her and discovered a beautiful and mouth-watering muffin inside. She smiled and read what he had written in the inside of the box.

 

Here's your muffin, you glutton. Hope you get fat soon.

 

Later, she sent him a text message with a joined picture of the empty box.

 

To: Kookie Jar

Thank for the muffin, you ugly thing. It was delicious.

 

From: Kookie Jar

U'r welcome, uglier.

 

*

 

Look who's here! After two weeks, Im Jaeha is finally back among us!” Jungkook sarcastically said when Jaeha entered the coffee place they had chosen to meet with Yugyeom.

Did you miss me?” she smirked.

No, not at all. I didn't even want to see you today.”

Then please do us a favor and leave.”

You know what, I think I'll stay just to bother you.”

 

She scoffed and they shared a quick hug before she pecked Yugyeom's lips and sat in front of the guys and ordered an ice-americano.

 

So, how are you? It's been quite a long time,” her boyfriend asked her.

I've been struggling a bit because of mid-term exams right now but in two weeks I'll be done, it's nothing I can't handle.”

Just like my handsomeness, right?” Jungkook once again butted in with sassy and useless comments.

Handsomeness, where?”

Right in front of you, girl.”

Oh? Really? That's weird, all I can see is an ugly little bunny,” Jaeha answered back and earned a kick in the leg under the table. Yet, it only made her laugh more.

You're uglier anyway,” he mumbled and looked away, slowly sipping on his own drink.

So you haven't miss each other at all, right?” Yugyeom smirked.

Not at all,” they both said at the same time. They froze, looked at each other before sharing a playful smile until Jaeha ended up complaining about Jungkook always copying her.

Can't you try to be a bit more original for once?”

Me?! You're the one who is always doing what I'm doing!”

When?! When did I do that huh?!”

There you go,” Yugyeom rolled his eyes and sighed loudly.

 

But could he blame them for being close and loving each other? No he couldn't. Nobody could.

 

 


Hello everyone! It's been quite a long time, I know, but school has started and It's driving me crazy. I have no time to write and to time to update my stories which realy saddens me.

But here's chapter 21, in two parts otherwise it would have been too long, and it's all about Jungkook and Jaeha simpy because I love their friendship (in this story of course Jaeha is an OC) and I wanted to share it with you. If you have read it, then thank you very much and I promise there are more important and interesting things coming up~ 

I'd like to thank you for commenting on the last chapter, (once again,  I've read all the comments but didn't reply, I'm sorry >.<) and special thanks to yEsuiUnNie for upvoting!

I don't know when I'll be able to update again, but I'll try my best :)

Thx

xx

Mae