032

Picking up the pieces

 

 

As soon as Jaeha was done with classes on Monday, she rushed to the coffee place where Yugyeom was working at to meet with him. She knew he was on a shift until seven pm but she still wanted to see him so once she was there, she sat at the counter to chat with him and Bambam who also happened to be working and drank a lot of ice tea while waiting for her boyfriend to be done.

 

During that time, she also planned a study session with Bambam on Wednesday because he claimed he absolutely needed her help with his Korean literature class. Jaeha normally had classes on Wednesday afternoon, but it just so happened to be sciences classes so she'd gladly find any excuses in order to not attend them. And he even offered to treat her to a meal so obviously she wasn't going to refuse (who would ever say no to free food? Well, not Jaeha).

 

Once Yugyeom was finally done, they decided to grab lunch at a sushi place near the café. It was mostly Jaeha talking considering Yugyeom had spent his week working. Other than Bambam and all his coworkers, he hadn't meet with any of their friends. Jungkook had offered him to go out a few times but Yugyeom had always refused. “I was tired,” he explained. And he did look tired. His skin was even paler than usual and he had dark bags under his eyes. Plus his smile never reached his eyes and his kisses were lighter than usual. Jaeha, pretty much like him, blamed it on the lack of rest and the stressful week he had had and did her best to cheer him up.

 

She offered him to go to the arcade considering it was still early at night and she knew he liked playing games to unwind but he instead said it would be better to go home. They went to his place and he told her to shower first when they would have usually showered together.

 

She didn't ask him why and did lock herself in the bathroom, however she couldn't help but wonder what was going on with him suddenly. While she was alone, she even sent messages to Jungkook to know if he knew what was up but a negative answer immediately came in. “I tried to talk to him the whole week but he practically ignored me,” was all Jungkook said to her but it was enough for her to confirm there was definitely something wrong.

 

When she went out of the bathroom, freshly showered and wearing some of his clothes, he walked past by her and without a word or even a glance, he just locked himself in.

 

She had seen him exhausted a million times before, she knew he was struggling when it came to handling both his work and his study at the same time, but he had never gave her the cold and silent treatment. On the contrary, when he was facing hard times he was usually rushing to her side to find comfort which she was more than willing to give him.

 

So this new and completely unexpected situation left her puzzled.

 

She lay down on his bed, sending Jungkook distressed text messages but they were both clueless. “I don't know what to do or what to say!” she sent her best friend. “Because you think I know?!” he answered.

 

To: Kookie Jar

Do you think I did something wrong? Or said something I shouldn't have

 

From: Kookie Jar

Jae, you weren't even with him during the whole week, how come you could have done something wrong?

 

To: Kookie Jar

And what if that was the problem? What if he is mad because I didn't spend the week with him?

 

It couldn't be the reason why, could it? They were doing just fine before she left. He couldn't suddenly be mad at her. But what if he was?

 

To: Kookie Jar

The atmosphere here is so awkward I really hate it I feel like suffocating but I can't leave him alone what should I do?

 

From: Kookie Jar

Go to bed.

 

What a good advice” she sarcastically muttered under her breath and put her phone away. With a loud sigh, she snuggled deeper under the cold cover and closed her eyes. Yugyeom came out a few minutes later and first went to the living room to do something she didn't dare to pay attention to and then he joined her under the cover. As expected, he didn't cuddle to her though she would have really enjoyed a tight hug, and they just lay still next to each other. Outside, the sun was not even down yet and birds were still loudly chirping yet they were already in bed.

 

It was weird thing to have her mood suddenly all broken up. She had been so excited at the idea of being with him and telling him about her break week but there they were, not even speaking to each other. She had been all happy and joyful and suddenly, there was nothing more than just worry and nervousness.

 

In the end she fell asleep quite rapidly but because she couldn't sleep well, she woke up too early in the morning. When she looked at her phone to check the hour, it was around six am, meaning she had still two hours to sleep. But the sight of Yugyeom sleeping so soundly next to her when she had spent her night turning around and fidgeting while anxiety was depriving her of her precious sleep made her even more restless if it was possible. As silently as possible, she stood up and gathered her stuff, wanting to be away from here as soon as possible.

 

She didn't leave without letting him a note on the kitchen counter.

 

I'm sorry if I said or did anything wrong but please at least tell me what I did so that I can apologize.

I love you.

Jaeha.

 

She left with a heavy heart and teary eyes. Back at her home, she met with her father who was having his breakfast in the kitchen. They stared at each other for a few long seconds, registering the other's presence, before Jaebum spoke first.

 

What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised. “I thought you were at Yugyeom's.”

I was,” she admitted. “But... now I'm back.”

Why? What happened? Did you two fight?”

 

Honestly? She didn't even know herself. She simply shrugged and before she could burst out in tears she fled in her bedroom, her safety and comfort zone.

 


Things are going down~

I'd like to apologize for not updating this story in so long but school has started and it's exhausting already. On the first day I was wondering when the next break is coming (unfortunatly I still have four more weeks to go...).

But here's another chapter. The beggining of the end I could say because there are around 13 chapters left. 

I hope you like it, I hope you're excited even a bit for what's coming, can you guess what? Please tell me in the comments ahah!

Thank you so much to all of you who commented, subscribed and upvoted this story. I can't believe I'm a few subs left from 200 subs, It's truly amazing, I'm really thankful for your support. I hope the next chapters won't disapoint you.

So big thanks to all of you guys!

xx

Mae