Letter

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Ravi, real name is Kim Wonshik.

Three years younger than Hakyeon but possibly the most reliable member out of the group in Hakyeon’s opinion.

Despite his rough outer appearance, Wonshik is actually very caring and responsible. He thinks a lot about others and is always passionate about the things he wanted to do in life.

Back when they were trainees, Hakyeon would always get paired up with Wonshik during dance routines or performances. Although the two of them had rather different dance styles, they were still very close. They used to discuss about choreographies together a lot back then but recently, Wonshik have been very busy working on the other things he enjoyed.

But Hakyeon never thought differently about Wonshik, being the one who has the deepest thoughts, a great friend and someone whom Hakyeon can go to when he needed someone to talk with.

So Hakyeon thinks that Wonshik would not hide anything from him as long as Hakyeon approaches the younger and be straightforward in asking exactly what was going on.

After he had finished his rehearsals, Hakyeon decided to make a trip to the company in order to find Wonshik. Especially when the younger did not respond to his message earlier, Hakyeon decided to find Wonshik personally.

‘Morning, Hakyeon-ah,’ the receptionist greeted him as soon as he stepped through the entrance.

‘Morning. Is Wonshik around?’ Hakyeon asked.

‘Yes. I don’t think he’s even left the building since yesterday.’

Hakyeon sighed. He’s overworking himself again…

‘Oh right. Before you go, you should check your fan mailbox. It’s pretty full so you should take them home or we won’t have room for any more.’ She notified him.

‘Thanks. I haven’t been around lately to check.’ Hakyeon said as he made his way to find Wonshik.

As he passed by the hallway, he dropped by where the fan mailbox was and decided to take a look. As soon as he opened the drawer, dozens of letters came flying out.

‘Woah. This is a lot. I really haven’t checked these in ages.’ Hakyeon said as he realized how apologetic he felt for not having the time to respond to the fan letters. So, he decided it was only right to take the letters with him.

~

Hakyeon finally came upon Wonshik’s studio and looked through the window from outside, It was a small work place but it was where all of Wonshik’s creations and expressions were made. Hakyeon caught a glimpse of the younger being busy with his first mixtape release. Just looking at the hard working Wonshik made Hakyeon very proud as the leader of the group.

Hakyeon knocked on the door to see if he could go inside but Wonshik did not hear through his headphones.

So, he decided to gently open the door but immediately, the roaring sounds from within the studio hit him.

Wow, is this a part of his mixtape? Hakyeon stood there frozen by the door and impressed.

Hakyeon wanted to call out to the younger but seeing how immersed Wonshik was while working on his mixtape… Hakyeon didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to interrupt all of a sudden when the younger was obviously focusing so hard with his music.

Hakyeon sighed and closed the door as if he never went to find the boy in the first place.

Maybe… next time… after he’s done.

Hakyeon left disappointed after not being able to get the answers right away but he knew that Wonshik’s mixtape was a priority more than his own curiosity.

Since he came all the way to the company to find Wonshik, but left without an answer, Hakyeon decided to have a few dance practices before leaving. Maybe dancing will get his mind off of the negative things he’s been thinking of lately.

Hakyeon found one of the dance studios empty, so he the lights and took off his bag and jacket. He looked through his phone to see what songs to practice to. He’s been putting off his dances for awhile ever since the beginning of last year.

Ever since he was rejected by Taekwoon, he just couldn’t find the motivation to do anything related to dancing or singing. Eventually, he got really busy with his own radio shows, dramas and variety programs which later made it even more impossible to think about the thing he’s always loved to do.

After scrolling through his playlist for awhile, he began his practice.

Hakyeon have always been passionate about dancing even before his trainee days.

It was a way for him to express himself through the beautiful motions of his body and music. During his high school days, he even had a group of friends from his hometown in Changwon to talk about dance with. Even after graduation, Hakyeon would keep in contact with them. They would always discuss about new dance routines, trends, and more. Hakyeon won several junior dance competitions when he was younger in which later gained him the attention from some of the top K-pop agencies. He did train in one of them for a bit but the more he did his training, the greedier he got in wanting to debut right away.

It wasn’t until later on when he was told that Jellyfish Entertainment would be debuting their first boy group soon that he decided to switch agencies right away. Unfortunately, unlike Hakyeon had planned, he ended up training even more after entering the company.

It wasn’t particularly a bad experience though and he eventually got to debut in the end as a part of VIXX.

~

After a long practice session, Hakyeon decided to take a break.

It’s been so long since he did any hard dance rehearsals or even expressing himself in his favorite contemporary dances, so he was short on breath and completely out of stamina.

Wow, I’m really out of shape.

Hakyeon wiped his sweat away with a towel and flopped onto the wooden floor. He took out his backpack and remembered that he took a bunch of his fan letters with him. So, he decided to read them as he rested.

He felt bad for not being able to communicate with his fans lately so it was only right for him to start catching up. He read each and every single one of them carefully. All of his fans were so bright and kind. A lot of them prayed really hard for his health and safety ever since he was hospitalized last year. Some letters even made Hakyeon laugh and smile.

He was so grateful.

After all, he wouldn’t be where he is today without the love and support from his loyal fans.

As he continued to go through each of the letters, he found one that stood out amongst the rest. A plain white envelope with simply ‘Cha Hakyeon,’ written on the front. The usual fan letters he received would be covered with cute writings or stickers, but this one was just normal.

He felt a bit uneasy but also curious.

Hakyeon opened the envelope and a USB dropped from within. He found a card inside and read it.

If you’re curious about what happened during the day of the Chained Up filming, watch the video on the USB.

‘What?’ Hakyeon was shocked. ‘Someone knows about what happened?’

The one thing he was most curious about, that day during the filming… though Hakyeon wasn’t able to ask Wonshik for the details, does this USB have the answers to all his questions?

Hakyeon took a deep gulp and inserted the USB into the laptop.

As Hakyeon watched the clip, his heart began to race, his body fell cold and was beginning to tremble in horror. His mind was in a panic and he felt the fear…

‘Is… that me?

Hakyeon covered his mouth in shock. He could not believe what he was watching on the clip and what he, himself, has done.

‘This… is this why Hyuk was so afraid of me the other night?’

Hakyeon’s tears began to fall as he continued to watch the clip.

All of his questions and suspicions were being answered through the video and then, a message appeared on the screen.

You are a sinner.

You shouldn’t have existed.

Leave.

Go away.

You don’t belong in this world.

Disappear.

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Makes you more and more curious as to what happened that day doesn't it? What exactly did Hakyeon watch on the USB?