Fallen

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

To say whether or not the Dark Hakyeon likes the Dark Taekwoon like he once did with the first Taekwoon was a rather strange thought. He never thought of the other Dark one like that. Rather than liking the Dark Taekwoon, Hakyeon felt that the other was a familiar and knew one another more so than anyone else.

They have fought and fought again for so long and despite never really conversing with one another, their battles reflected what they wanted to say the most inside.

One was born from the darkness and the other was the creation of darkness itself.

They were rivals.

Both fighting in their own ways to survive and exist.

They were one another’s proof for existence even after everyone has left them. They knew each other’s story the best and for the longest time.

‘So?’ Hongbin waited for the other’s response.

‘I don’t know. It’s true that I loved the first Taekwoon a lot and this Dark Taekwoon was a part of him. But they are nothing alike. The things I loved about the first Taekwoon can’t be found anywhere in the Darker version of him. To say that I love the Dark Taekwoon is strange because I never once thought of him that way. I don’t love him the way I did with the first Taekwoon and even though they look exactly alike, I don't feel the same way towards them. But I also can’t deny the fact that the Dark Taekwoon’s existence is also the proof that I exist as well.’ The Dark Hakyeon told the younger.

‘But we know you exist as well.’

‘You’re right but you guys are different. Our meetings are different and so was our beginnings. You weren’t there since the beginning like the Dark Taekwoon was.’

Hongbin then looked at the latter quietly as his head was beginning to pound. His fever was growing worst as he became consumed by the various thoughts regarding to the relationships between the two Dark ones. What would it have been like if Hongbin and the others knew of the Dark Hakyeon’s struggle since the beginning? What would it have been like to know of the Dark Hakyeon since the beginning of time? Would they have a different outcome than what they have right now?

‘Hongbin-ah?’ Hakyeon noticed the younger who grew in silent and obviously not feeling quite well. ‘Are you okay?’

‘What-’

Hongbin paused and bit his lips, debating whether or not to ask another question that was in the back of his mind.

‘What… what did you like about the first Taekwoon?’ He finally asked.

‘Huh?’ Hakyeon blushed immediately at the sudden question and recalling those old feelings that he once had.

It was his first love after all.

Hongbin waited patiently for the other’s reply as he stared at the Dark Hakyeon’s blushing expression.

‘Everything.’ The Dark Hakyeon said in a bittersweet smile from reminiscing. ‘As far as I can remember it, I loved everything there was to him. He was the one who made me love who I was despite the darkness that I was born from. Even after I ended up being in the shadows, even though he didn’t know I existed, I couldn’t stop loving him. I watched how loving he was to Hakyeon and how he would sacrifice everything he had for the one he loved. The tendering gazes and gentle touches he gave out, it was something I longed for a long time. He loved with all his heart. It was how I wished that the one he was looking at was me instead.’

Hongbin felt a slight pain in his chest as he saw how greatly the Dark Hakyeon talked about the first Taekwoon. Then, the Dark Hakyeon took a glance at Hongbin as if he wanted to say much more.

What is it? Hongbin felt his heart beat a bit as the other glanced at his direction.

‘The same gaze…’ the Dark Hakyeon continued,’ the same ones you would give to your leader.’

‘Me? To Hakyeon-hyung?’ Hongbin questioned.

‘Anyone can tell you saw Cha Hakyeon more than just a friend and a leader. The way you look at him, it’s the same way the first Taekwoon would look at his Hakyeon. You just didn’t notice it nor did your leader. But I’ve seen it from within Dreamscape. I’ve watched from the eyes of your leader to realize how much you care for Hakyeon.’

Hongbin admits that he looked at Hakyeon more than just an older brother or leader of the same group. They’ve known one another for so long that Hongbin felt as if he should have the highest priority within the group when it comes to Hakyeon picking favorites. So, he got jealous whenever Hakyeon relied on other people around them aside from Hongbin. But it’s because he has watched out for Hakyeon for so long that he also realized that his care and affection would never be returned. After all, the only person that was in Hakyeon’s eyes was the quiet vocalist, Jung Taekwoon.

No matter how much Hongbin strives to improve, Hakyeon would never look at him the way the other did towards the vocalist.

‘Honestly, your leader is lucky to have so many people who adores him. Especially you who have only stayed beside him and supporting him all this time. Anyone can tell you love him a lot…’

Ah… Hongbin then noticed it.

A sudden shy expression on the other’s face who was trying to hide his bashfulness as he complimented Hongbin. The Dark Hakyeon looked onto the ground as if he was regretting it slightly for saying such things to the person beside him.

Hongbin wanted to see that expression even closer and much more clearly.

Thump.

‘Hongbin?’ The other suddenly felt nervous at the silence.

Hongbin grabbed the Dark Hakyeon’s face and caressed it. He wanted to see what sort of expression the older was making.

Thump.

He pulled the other in closer.

‘Would you want me to look at you the same? Or look at you that way only?’ Hongbin asked.

‘I-‘ Hakyeon was taken back.

And before he could find the words to reply, Hakyeon found the younger’s feverish lips touching his own.

A warm and gentle kiss.

~

‘You finally came. I’ve waited for awhile you know.’ She said.

‘You forget that I’m somewhat a public figure,’ Hongbin replied.

‘Even though you don’t have much fans as your other members?’ She teased.

Hongbin glared at the girl and sighed.

He pulled the chair out and sat down at the far corner of the nearby café to meet Soo-ah. She’s finally returned from the Heavens after so long.

‘And? What did you want to talk about that you can’t in the emails?’ He asked.

‘How are you?’ She stopped her teasing and asking in concern.

‘Huh?’ Hongbin was rather confused with where the conversation with going. ‘I’m fine…?’

‘That’s good.’ She smiled a bit.

‘Is something wrong?’

‘It’s about that email you send me last week.’

Hongbin gulped as if he was in trouble.

‘You… asked if the Dark Hakyeon could stay in the real world even after your leader returns as well.’

‘Uh yeah…’ Hongbin couldn’t look her in the eyes as if he was feeling guilty for asking such a question.

‘Have you grown attached to him now?’ She wonders.

‘…’

She sighed deeply knowing exactly what was going on in the other’s mind. She looked at Hongbin as if in disappointment.

‘You know he is the other half of your leader and not only that, the darker half. Both of them cannot exist in one place at the same time, it’s just not possible and doesn’t make sense. It will go against the laws of the universe.’

‘I know that. You’ve mentioned it before about how the world will fall out of balance if a single body had control of more than one entity and that they should never be allowed to meet with their darker halves in order to prevent the world from falling out of balance.’

‘Then why do you still insist on asking? Knowing very well the answer to your question already?’

‘It’s just… when he agreed to help us bring back Hakyeon-hyung, he mentioned about the end of the bargain to be set free. If we do save Hakyeon-hyung and bring our leader back to the real world, what is going to happen to the Dark Hakyeon?’

‘He will no longer exist in this dimension and time.’

‘W-what?’ Hongbin felt nervous. ‘You’re not saying he’s going to die is he?’

‘Not exactly. Rather, he will continue to live in another place and time as himself in his own body. But once that happens, he can no longer communicate with any of you and will have to start a new again. A new beginning.’

‘But… that’s… does that mean he will forget about us as well?’

‘That’s something we cannot predict. His life in a new world is for him to decide and for those that will watch over him in the other life.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘We all live in a different place and time as well as different universes. Hence, each universe aside from ours has their own sets of rules and laws that those in that world will have to obey. Where the Dark Hakyeon ends up will be unknown.’

Is there really no other way? Hongbin thought.

‘I see you have grew fond of this Dark Hakyeon after all. You used to only ask me about your leader and how to save him. Did you have a change of heart?’

‘I…’

‘Hongbin-ah, you know you mustn’t. It will never work out between the two of you. You are forgetting your role as the balance between light and darkness. What will happen if you fall in love with the darkness and throw away the light?’

~

Hongbin was struggling in dilemma as he wandered back to the dorms.

‘I’m home,’ Hongbin said as he opened the door and took off his sneakers.

‘Welcome back!’ The Dark Hakyeon rushed to the entrance to greet the younger.

The innocent smile on his face was almost too dazzling for Hongbin to bear. It was a smile just for him and him alone.

‘Thanks.’ Hongbin said tiredly and ruffled the other’s hair.

‘Where did you go?’ Hakyeon offered to hang the younger’s jacket inside the closet.

‘Just to meet a friend,’ Hongbin lied. He didn’t want the other to worry for his sake.

‘I see,’ Hakyeon looked rather disappointed.

‘Did you miss me?’

In an instant, the Dark Hakyeon’s face grew red in embarrassment and gave a shy nod. Of course he would miss Hongbin.

Hongbin could not help it as he watched the Dark Hakyeon who was in front of him.

Despite what Soo-ah had warned him earlier, he couldn’t help but fall deeper and loving the darkness more than ever. He leaned towards the other and looked around to see if any of the other members were around.

Gently, Hongbin brushed the other’s fringes away and gave the Dark Hakyeon a kiss on the forehead.

I’m home…

Hongbin wanted to cry and he hid his tears inside. He looked into the Dark Hakyeon’s eyes.

How can anyone like you only be from the darkness? When you look at me so innocently like a child…

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

First I want to say 'HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY WITH VIXX!!' *throws confetti and petals all over you guys*; I'm so glad they got their 1st win for this comeback because they deserve so much more ~ I can't believe how far they've come and I'm so proud to see them all improving each day as a group and as individuals. To be honest, I didn't like their debut stage because back in 2012, you had EXO and B.A.P which both groups had a really strong debut. So when I saw VIXX, I just didn't care as much. But then right afterwards, after every comeback you can see just how much effort they put in to improve and that is amazing to see how far they've come to get to where they are at. So I'm proud to say that after becoming VIXX trash in 2013, that this is my 4th year of staning such amazing people and hoping to stay with them for the next 5, 10, years to come! 

Now the sad part because of how the chapter has ended but do not fret! 

Because guess what? I've uploaded the foreward/description of my upcoming and first NBIN fanfic!!! *dances around* If you guys liked the fantasy genre of my stories than this will be something you can look forward to as well :) I love writting fantasy and strange phenomenon stuff so that isn't really going to chance much. As always, there's going to be a roller coaster of emotions, a strive for character development as well as OT6 goodness in this upcoming story.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1229782

This is the next fanfic that I will be working on and I know that most of my readers are NEO/LeoN fans but I think I've mentioned it before that I'm an AllN fan. So I actually have a few long term plans to hope and write every Hakyeon pairing there is :D So, NBin is next!