Shadows

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘You two are sure you heard something about a deal from that Hakyeon-hyung?’ Jaehwan asked.

The two 93 line members nodded. Both Wonshik and Hongbin rushed back home immediately after having heard the strangest thing that night and told the others about it.

‘Yeah. But it’s really creepy. He was literally shouting and yelling, acting violent like usual despite the fact that he was the only one in the room. And here I thought he couldn’t get any crazier…’ Hongbin shivered just thinking about it.

‘Hmm… could it be that there might be another personality within Hakyeon-hyung aside from the current one that’s out?’ Jaehwan asked.

‘What do you mean?’

‘I was doing some reading on DID and it’s not a rare case where a single person can have more than one personality. Some people may even have up to twenty different alter egos so I’m just thinking, what if Hakyeon-hyung has more than one personality within him and we just haven’t seen the other one come out yet?’

‘Wait, if that’s true, Hakyeon-hyung is going to be in even more danger. One is crazy enough and now we might be dealing with another too? Is that why Hakyeon-hyung haven’t returned yet? Because he’s trying to deal with two suppressing personalities?’ Wonshik scratched his head just thinking about the possibility.

The members felt more and more confused as they thought about all the possibilities. None of the members know anything about psychological disorders especially ones such as DID or multiple personality disorders but ever since their leader have been diagnosed with such a disorder, they’ve been doing their best to understand it. Plus, they felt like none of the self-claimed professionals were of any help and couldn’t rely on them entirely.

The next day, the members decided to go to the hospital in order to discuss about the situation in which Wonshik and Hongbin overheard and witnessed the previous night. They told the doctors in charge about it and wondered if there was anything that may help to indicate a second personality within Hakyeon.

‘Hmm, it is definitely possible. There are some personalities that can exist within a person for a long enough time but never really come out unless something triggers them to do so. But if it’s true, I wonder what made the two alter egos work together though. Can it be that they have a similar end-goal to make them work together to subdue the original Cha Hakyeon?’ The doctor contemplates along with the rest of the boys.

‘One was already problematic enough and now there may be another one hidden within Hakyeon-hyung…’ Wonshik worried.

‘I will continue to keep an eye on Hakyeon’s diagnosis and see if there are any particular changes in his personality that another alter ego may exist.’ The doctor assured them.

As the members left the doctor’s office, they decided to take another peek into their leader’s room before leaving for the day. It’s as if it was a daily routine now to make sure they see their leader’s face at least once a day if not every two days because they worry… that every day could be the last day.

But as they continued to watch their leader being locked up and treated inside the small secluded room, they become more frustrated with how helpless they were. That they couldn’t do anything but watch.

‘They’re seriously treating hyung like some sort of psychotic maniac!’ Hongbin clenched his fist and couldn’t bear to watch any further. He bit his lips hard and eyes were watering.

The others felt the same.

‘Do they seriously have to strap him down like that? Even a cuff? Hakyeon-hyung didn’t even commit a crime yet… is it really that necessary? Are the doors being locked not enough?’ Hyuk almost cried as he watched the hospital staffs try to restrain the other Cha Hakyeon who was screaming to escape the prison.

‘Hyung’s wrist… they’re all bruised and red. That Hakyeon-hyung must have been trying to get out by force for the cuffs to dig so deep into his skin.’ Jaehwan looked carefully and noticed numerous bruises and scratches on his leader’s body. If only he could just rush in there and patch up those wounds…

‘How’s Taekwoon-hyung holding up?’ Hongbin asked as Taekwoon was not with them due to an individual schedule that day.

‘He left this morning after waking up to film for that masked singing program…’ Wonshik sighed.

‘Is he really okay?’

‘I doubt it but what can we do? The more we try to stay away from the public, the more we’ll get questioned as to where we are and what Hakyeon-hyung is up to. The last thing I want is for gossiping reporters to come here and snoop on Hakyeon-hyung. Who knows what sort of lies they’ll spread if they found out.’ Wonshik said.

The members could not agree more.

Even if it pained them to separate, even for a single day with their leader, they had to do all they can to draw attention away from Hakyeon. Their agency even found older selcas of Hakyeon that was never published before and tried to make it look as if the members were all on vacation or doing other things. It wasn’t the best thing to do lying to their fans about what was happening but they also knew that it was the only way to make sure that their leader was getting his treatment in peace.

Beep.

‘It’s a test message from Taekwoon-hyung.’ Wonshik looked at his phone.

‘What’d he say?’ The others surrounded the rapper to read the message.

‘He got eliminated but he said he’s fine. He did his best. Anyways, since that’s over, we need to tell hyung about what happened last night since we didn’t get a chance.’

The members went to meet up with Taekwoon to explain about the situation and discuss what further actions to take. When Taekwoon heard of the possibility of another alter ego, even he was lost and scared for his lifelong friend. One alter ego that was both clingy and violent was enough but now another mysterious one as well?

~

A deep sigh.

‘What’s wrong Jaehwan-hyung?’ Hyuk asked.

‘I don’t know. I was just thinking the other day that maybe we should just tone it down on the concept idol thing from now on.’ He sighed again.

‘Huh? Where’s this coming from?’ The younger looked at Jaehwan strangely.

‘We did Jekyll and Hyde concept before remember? Multiple personalities, angel and devil concept… and look where that led us. At this darn hospital again because Hakyeon-hyung has DID. Do you think we’re cursed?’

Hyuk looked at Jaehwan and didn’t really know how to react. Was it really the time to make such a comment? Hyuk loved and respected Jaehwan a lot, but this time, even the older’s comment was a bit ridiculous.

‘So what? Is one of us going to discover that we’re a vampire as well?’ Hongbin walked in with Wonshik and Taekwoon behind him.

‘I’m not saying that. It’s just annoying okay? Being idol and all… I’m tired of this entire thing…’ Jaehwan sighed.

‘But you like singing don’t you hyung?’ Wonshik was concerned.

‘I do! But just look at what being an idol have gotten us to right now. We’re literally covered up and trying to make sure people don’t recognize us and realize that we’re here to visit our leader. We even have to visit Hakyeon-hyung in secret. Whereas normal people can just walk in and out however they want. But us? We’re idols! Not only do we have to make sure people don’t recognize us but we’re even forced to do individual schedules and act like there’s nothing wrong with our group.’

Suddenly, Hongbin grabbed the older by the collar.

‘What are you saying? Do you want to quit then? Is this what it is? Do you think Hakyeon-hyung chose to have DID? Are you saying he’s a burden?’ Hongbin is usually very patient, very happy and the happier one of the group but ever since his closest friend and hyung was admitted to the hospital, he was beginning to lose it. He’s become much more short tempered than before and even Jaehwan’s small remarks were beginning to annoy him.

‘I’m not saying that! I’m just so ing tired! Tired of the fact that we can’t even do anything to help Hakyeon-hyung or be at his side without having to hide. He needs us the most right now and we can’t even be there for him! I don’t care if that Hakyeon-hyung doesn’t accept us! He can kick or bite or whatever he wants to do with me, I just want to be by Hakyeon’s side! Not those damn doctors or nurses that keeps strapping him down and hurting him even more!’ Jaehwan finally broke down.

Hongbin saw the tears of anger and frustration from Jaehwan, he couldn’t be anymore sympathetic. All the members felt the same way.

‘I hate the fact that we have to go out everyday and do idol-like or celebrity things just to cover up hyung’s disorder. But we’re forced to do it because we’re public figures and if people were to find out about Hakyeon-hyung, it would be bad for him the most. If only we weren’t idols, if only the world didn’t know about our existence, we can be by hyung’s side at all times. Each time I see those people using force on Hakyeon-hyung, I just want to go in there and punch them! I want to just take Hakyeon-hyung away from here and leave this darn country until we find a way to cure him.’ Jaehwan sobbed even harder and fell to his knees just thinking about how frustrated he was at the current situation.

He was the most calm amongst the rest of the members during this entire time.  He was part of the oldest line of the group and the younger members looked up to him all the time. He kept up a strong appearance in order to make sure the younger members didn’t break down or others would not worry for him. But the stress and the pressure were beginning to break him apart.

Jaehwan had to go on music shows, radios, and variety programs in order to make others laugh but in his heart, he only wish to be in one place. That is, to be by Hakyeon’s side. He started to regret being an idol during this time, he thought about what it would be like if he and the other members were just common citizens. Then, they wouldn’t have to hide nor would they have to worry as much about how the public sees them. They could be by Hakyeon’s side at all times if that was the case.

So what if this Hakyeon doesn’t accept them? They’re more persistent then others think and it is only right for them to persist as much as their leader have persisted being by their side all these years.

Taekwoon saw the younger members all breaking down one by one as time went on. Even the usually bright Jaehwan had finally lost it. He couldn’t help but kneel down next to s and give them a hug. Hoping that he could at least give them some sort of comfort while Hakyeon wasn’t with them.

‘Hakyeon-hyung wouldn’t want us to not be together as VIXX though.’ Wonshik said.

‘Huh?’ Jaehwan and the rest looked at him.

‘Hyung used to always come to me and talk to me about things. He was always worried that his differences would widen his relationship with us. He’s five years older than Hyuk and even though he was the same age as Taekwoon-hyung, the two of you are so different.’ The rapper said.

Taekwoon agrees. Though he and Hakyeon was born the same year, they couldn’t be anymore different.

‘But even so, Hakyeon-hyung was really happy when the six of us were chosen to be a part of VIXX altogether. He said he couldn’t imagine it anyone else being in this group. Even I have always thought that I might not like being in a boy group at first since I like doing hip-hop more but as these few years went on, I can’t be more thankful than having to have met you all. The right people just came together at the right place, the right time and debuting together in the right group. It’s fate.’ Wonshik told them.

Hyuk nodded.

‘I can’t imagine having any other hyungs like you all either.’ The younger said. ‘I honestly was afraid when I joined MyDol. I was the youngest and the one with the least training amongst all the other trainees. I wasn’t even that motivated to debut in an idol group and did it all out of curiosity. I thought if I didn’t make it, it really wouldn’t matter to me anyways. But as time went on, you guys took me in especially Hakyeon-hyung. Just like Wonshik-hyung said, me and Hakyeon-hyung has a five year age difference, we don’t really have much common interest either but I can tell that Hakyeon-hyung tries his best to make me feel like I belong in VIXX. He’s always spoiling me and Hongbin-hyung too, and though we tease Hakyeon-hyung a lot, I really miss him…’

‘Knowing Hakyeon-hyung the longest, I understand how Hyuk feels as well. I used to be so awkward with this kid.’ Hongbin patted the sad Hyuk. ‘Because I thought it was unfair for both me and Hakyeon-hyung who have trained the longest. Suddenly, this kid comes in and debuts with us. I was frustrated at first but Hakyeon-hyung came and told me that it was fate that Hyuk and the rest of us debuted as one. It’s also thanks to Hakyeon-hyung that made me realize how much I enjoy being an idol. I’m aware that I’m not the best dancer or even exceptional singer of the group but Hakyeon-hyung always tried to help me improve. He told me that I was still young and had a lot of potentials. That I shouldn’t give up. He was willing to stay by my side to help me find what I was truly good at. Because that’s what being a family is about.’

The members have never really gotten a chance to be together like this and talk about the things they’ve kept inside for so many years. They never really say to one another how grateful they were to one another, especially to their leader because they were embarrassed. They were just boys.

Each member had their own strengths but also many weaknesses. If they were alone, they may never overcome those weaknesses but because they were a group, their weaknesses were other’s strengths. Together, they had the perfect balance and harmony.

Together as VIXX.

~

After the members had their heartfelt confessions to one another, they felt more relieved to know that the other members were all feeling the same gratitude they felt about being in the same group, the same family. They became more determined to return to the days where all six of them were together, laughing and crying as one.

Taekwoon knocked on the door to the doctor’s office along with the rest of s for the weekly reports on their leader’s situation.

‘Come in.’ Someone said.

That wasn’t the usual voice of the doctor they always consult with though.

As they went inside the office, they saw a new face sitting at the desk where their usual doctor would usually sit.

A lady who seemed similar to them by age, waiting for them at the desk.

‘Who?’ Taekwoon asked.

The lady was wearing the doctor’s cloak and he noticed that the name board on the desk has been changed. The members behind looked outside at the door plate to see if they went into the wrong office despite the fact they come here so frequently.

‘Come inside. You’re in the right place.’ She said. ‘You are guardians for Cha Hakyeon right?’

‘Yes but who are you?’ Taekwoon asked again.

‘Hello. I am Hakyeon’s newly assigned doctor. The previous doctor passed down the case to me and so, I’ll be looking after Hakyeon’s situation from now on.’

‘But I haven’t heard of anything from the previous doctors before.’ Wonshik was suspicious of the stranger. ‘Do you have any experiences with DID or psychological disorders?’

‘No. Not really.’ She told them.

‘What?! Then you expect us to just trust you with our hyung’s case?’ Hongbin flared up.

‘Because I know how to cure him.’

‘Don’t give me that crap. All the doctors said the exact same thing before and in the end, all gave up. They all said they had the credentials for curing Hakyeon-hyung too. You say you don’t even have experience with DID unlike the other doctors so why should we leave hyung’s case to you?’

She sighed.

‘What Cha Hakyeon is suffering from isn’t DID or any sort of humanly disorders.’

‘Wh-what do you mean?’ Taekwoon asked.

‘The Cha Hakyeon that appears in front of you right now isn’t another personality or alter ego. He is a whole other entity, sharing the same body as the original Cha Hakyeon.’

‘What?’

‘He is the darkness. The shadow that has been laying dormant within Hakyeon’s body since the beginning of time. He was locked away in Hakyeon’s mind for a very long time but the seal is weakening and the two of them have met and made a contract with one another.’

‘Two of them? Are you saying the second personality hiding inside of Hakyeon?’ Taekwoon and the other members were confused.

‘No. I’m talking about the a contract between the Dark Hakyeon and you-‘ she pointed at Taekwoon,’ the other shadow that lies within you. The darkness that lurks within you, Jung Taekwoon.’

‘You don’t make any sense lady. What are you talking about? Exactly who are you?’ Wonshik interrogated the new doctor.

‘My name is Kwon Soo-ah.'

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Now we're finally getting to the juicy sequel!

Honestly, I didn't want to spoil anything to anyone since the beginning hence my tags were not even done properly until last week and I didn't reveal anything much about the fact that this was a sequel either. Also, if you guys were here when I first released this story, you'd realize I also changed the cover image :D It was just more like 'ethereal' kind of cover before but notice I changed to this new one with Hakyeon staring at his reflection? *hint hint*

I know not all of you who are reading have read my previous two fanfics and but I suggest you do so when you have a chance :D Because I'm going to be taking fantasy into present times. I never mentioned this fanfic was based on 100% real situation :) I know the other fics are a long read but all three fics are a trilogy and have always been planned out this way before I even began writing the first story.

And ... yes, Soo-ah's character have grown on me, please love her?