Shards

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Hakyeon let out a big yawn.

‘Are you tired hyung?’ Jaehwan asked as the six of them were sitting together and waiting for standby.

‘A bit.’ Hakyeon let out an unenergetic response.

‘You’ve been sleeping a lot lately don’t you think? Maybe you need to fix your sleeping schedule a bit?’ Wonshik suggested.

‘Maybe. Don’t worry about me. Let’s pay attention to what the director is saying instead okay?’ Hakyeon said.

The six of them was preparing for a new comeback. This time, the concept was that of ‘love slaves.’ It was a concept that Wonshik had initially planned for VIXX LR but after all that has happened, he had forgotten about wanting to comeback as a subunit but rather, VIXX with six members along with Hakyeon. It was a concept that was more suitable for all six members anyways.

Their agency heard the new sounds, went over the new concept and immediately sought out a new music video director to carry out the artistic side of the group. When the members had a meeting with their agency about the new quality of work they were about to bring out, all were satisfied and impressed to make this comeback even better.

But Taekwoon noticed it as well though.

Hakyeon have been constantly yawning or would be found asleep somewhere odd when they weren’t looking. It was very unusual and it all started out after Hakyeon had awakened from the hospital.

Hakyeon was usually the type to sleep early and wake up early enough to wake the other boys for their schedules. But now, it was either Hyuk or Hongbin that did it because Hakyeon have been sleeping in a lot more than usual.

Maybe he just haven’t adjusted after coming back from the hospital Taekwoon wanted to think.

The members were assigned their own individual sets for this new comeback.

Jaehwan was placed in a room where he was trapped in a glass cascade of enchanting flowers.

Wonshik had a room draped with soft white chiffon, trapping him inside the box.

Hongbin was in a much larger set than the rest but was flooded with water.

Hyuk on the other hand was a staircase that led to nowhere.

Taekwoon was rather please with his own set. Golden chains that fell from the ceiling and reflected on his newly bleached hair.

But he was worried for Hakyeon’s set. Everyone was in fact.

Hakyeon’s set had broken mirrors all over the floor. At first, the members wanted to switch their set with Hakyeon’s but their leader insisted that he was fine. So they obeyed.

It was Taekwoon’s turn to go to his set and film his solo scenes. He was happy that he didn’t have Jaehwan’s set of flowers or else he wouldn’t know how to act.

‘You’re doing good Leo. We’ll take a short lunch break before moving outside again okay?’ The director said.

Taekwoon nodded obediently and joined the rest of the boys who were already finished with their own scenes. They were just waiting for Hakyeon to finish before they did the final take in the forest.

‘What do you guys think about the new MV director?’ Jaehwan asked as they gathered at the lunch table.

‘He’s good. Very artistic if I have to say. I hope our fans will like it though.’ Wonshik said worryingly.

‘I’m sure they will. They’re always looking for something new from us. I can’t wait until the final product. The sets are all so beautiful.’ Hongbin joined in while munching away on his lunch.

‘Want some of my fruits, Hongbin-hyung?’ Hyuk slide his lunch towards Hongbin to offer the other more food.

‘Thanks. Aren’t you hungry Taekwoon-hyung?’

‘Huh? I’m fine with my coffee. Thanks for asking.’ Taekwoon sipped on his usual latte.

‘You haven’t been eating very much have you? You should be careful with your body. You’re getting really skinny lately don’t you think?’ Wonshik worried. Sometimes Taekwoon forgets that Wonshik is younger than him because of his maturity.

‘Don’t worry about me. I’m fine-‘

‘HAKYEON-AH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!’

Everyone heard the director shout out in panic. The staff rushed towards the commotion and in an instant that they heard their leader’s name, the members got up, dropped everything behind and rushed to see what was going on as well.

They reached Hakyeon’s set but immediately froze in their steps. The shimmering set of broken mirrors was covered by blood.

Their leader’s blood.

Hakyeon was kneeling in front of the broken mirrored floor and ran his hands along the cracks, cutting his own flesh and skin.

‘Hakyeon-ah!’ Taekwoon rushed in a panic to stop Hakyeon along with the rest of the worried boys. ‘Stop! What are you doing? You’re hurting yourself!’

Taekwoon could feel his own trembles as he grabbed Hakyeon’s wrist to stop the boy from hurting himself. Hakyeon however, didn’t seem to be conscious of his own actions nor could he hear the members crying out for him to stop.

Something was wrong.

Hakyeon kept on resisting Taekwoon who was trying to pull him back from the broken mirrors and Taekwoon was trying his best to protect Hakyeon.

But Hakyeon was strangely stronger than usual.

‘Help me pull him back. Something is wrong with Hakyeon.’ Taekwoon told s.

The other boys got around Hakyeon and used their strength to pull their leader away from the set. Even with the five of them, they were having a hard time with Hakyeon, who was trying to go towards the broken mirrors.

‘Stop hyung!’ Hyuk cried out and pleaded as much as he could, hoping that Hakyeon would hear him. But Hakyeon couldn’t hear his beloved maknae’s voice and Hyuk could only watch Hakyeon who was bleeding constantly.

Just as Hakyeon was about to reach for the broken shards again, Taekwoon wrapped his hands around Hakyeon’s, getting himself injured instead.

‘Taekwoon-hyung! Your hands!’ Wonshik yelled in horror.

‘I’m fine. Just stop Hakyeon first.’ Taekwoon commanded them to not stop pulling Hakyeon away.

‘But something is wrong! It’s like he can’t see or hear us!’ Hongbin found himself tearing up from the scene of red. Both of his oldest hyungs were injured and hands were covered in blood.

Then, Hakyeon stopped his resistance and froze in his position.

‘Hakyeon?’ Taekwoon looked into Hakyeon’s eyes. ‘Can you hear me? It’s me, Taekwoon.’

‘… Taekwoonie?’ Hakyeon said and fainted.