Trap

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘The reason why your leader disappeared was because of me…’ The Dark Hakyeon revealed.

‘What?!’ Wonshik asked in surprise.

‘He… I, I sent him this video clip…’

‘Huh?’

‘Of that day during the filming when I almost injured you guys on the set.’

‘What?!’ Wonshik became furious at the Dark Hakyeon and charged towards him. ‘Do you know how much that could have hurt Hakyeon-hyung?! Don’t you know that he loves the members the most? If he saw himself hurting the others… why did you do that?!!’

Hakyeon didn’t fight back at Wonshik. He felt guilty and frustrated.

‘I had no choice! If I didn’t do as he told me to, not only me but you guys would also get hurt! I tried to push you guys out of the way by attacking you all but you guys never got the hint and just kept persisting!’

The Dark Hakyeon’s act of violence was for the sake of the members’. He hoped that by being violent and furious, that it would cause the members to back away and leave him be. That was the only way for them to be safe from whatever the Dark Taekwoon was scheming behind his back. Yet, he never thought that the members’ bonds were so tight that they were willing to give up being an idol and saving their leader instead.

He also knew well that he didn’t have any powers to fight against the Dark Taekwoon. One wrong move and he would also cease to exist for all eternity. Though he no longer wanted to take over Hakyeon’s body, he still wanted to be alive enough to feel freedom.

‘Wonshik-ah, stop. Let him go.’ Jaehwan asked him.

‘But hyung!’

Jaehwan shook his head. ‘Let him go.’

‘Tsk.’ Wonshik loosened his grip on the Dark Hakyeon and turned away angrily.

‘Are you telling us the truth though? When you say you don’t want to take over Hakyeon-hyung’s body?’ Jaehwan asked.

‘What’s the point? Even if I take over his body, what then? It’s not like you guys wouldn’t resent me for it. I’m also a stranger in your world and time period. It’s not the same as I am used to. You guys look the same as your previous lives but aren’t the same either. Your Jung Taekwoon isn’t the same as mine.’ The Dark Hakyeon said.

‘Then, can you help us bring back our hyung?’ Hyuk asked.

‘Just because I don’t care to take over his body anymore, what makes you think I will help you guys?’

‘Please! We really miss Hakyeon-hyung. We still have so much to say to him… please help us.’ Hyuk took the Dark Hakyeon’s hands while in tears and pleading.

The tall boy’s sudden tears gave Hakyeon quite a shock. He didn’t know what to do in order to comfort him nor anyone for that matter. But as he looked at Hyuk’s face, he remember almost losing control of himself and hurting the innocent child.

Because this Hakyeon was a descendent of the darkness, his rage and frustrations can lead him to doing things he cannot take control over. Almost killing the innocent maknae of the group frightened him to no extent. It wasn’t his intentions.

He took his hands away from Hyuk's and backed away.

‘If I help you guys in bringing back your Hakyeon, defeating that Taekwoon isn’t a simple task. Do you guys even know what kind of person you’re dealing with here?’ He asked.

The Dark Taekwoon is not just a powerful being, but also merciless and scheming. He doesn’t care if he has to kill to obtain the powers and control he craves for. Everything he did was a simple game. A game to prove that he is dominant and the most powerful being in the universe.

‘Though the two of you look exactly alike, you’re really different from the Dark version of you.’ Hakyeon said as he looked at Taekwoon. ‘His actions are beyond anything you can imagine. He’s evil.’

‘What he said is correct. The other Taekwoon is someone we really need to be cautious around. Who knows what he will do to us if we confront him unprepared.’ Soo-ah said.

The one whom locked her up inside the prison of the Underworld was the Dark Taekwoon after all. Just remembering her past gave her chills and pain.

‘But we can’t just sit around and do nothing! Hakyeon-hyung needs us! And if this other Taekwoon is as merciless as you say he is, who knows what he’d do to our hyung!’ Wonshik couldn’t help but feel restless for each minute that goes by.

‘I agree. Hakyeon-hyung needs us. He’s waiting for us.’ Jaehwan said.

Both Hyuk and Taekwoon also nodded in agreement.

‘You guys really haven’t changed one bit even after so long… jumping into fights to save others…’ The Dark Hakyeon mumbled to himself as his reminisced about the past.

‘Huh?’ Hyuk asked.

‘Nothing. Fine, I can help you but I also want something in return.’ Hakyeon said.

‘What is it?’ Wonshik asked him.

‘Freedom. I want to be free from this body but also free from the laws of the Gods. I don’t care if you guys send me off to another space or time, all I want is freedom and finally a chance to live my life. You can make that an exception for me can’t you, Kwon Soo-ah?’ The Dark Hakyeon said.

‘… I understand. As long as you keep your words in helping us bring back Cha Hakyeon and defeating the Dark Taekwoon, I will be your guarantor and grant you your freedom.’ Soo-ah said.

~

After the members and the Dark Hakyeon had finished laying out their terms, they followed the Dark one to where the other Taekwoon was hiding in.

Even in a dream, the Dark Taekwoon’s thirst for control was undeniable.

As they approached the mansion, the members were overwhelmed by the exterior architecture of the mansion. The gigantic gates covered many acres of land before the mansion could even be spotted in the distance. As they walked pass the gates, they could see the gardens withered and vicious vines wrapping around old sculptures and tomes.

‘This is like a haunted house more than some Ruler’s mansion…’ Jaehwan shivered.

‘Talk about unique taste…’ Wonshik was trying to be sarcastic but he was obviously just as scared as the other members.

‘Stay close to me.’ Taekwoon told them.

The other members nodded and walked side by side.

‘You guys are such cowards. Move it.’ The Dark Hakyeon lightly kicked Jaehwan from behind and forced them to proceed faster.

As they stood in front of the large entrance doors, the members were once again in awe by just how extravagantly haunting the mansion was from up close.

‘Let’s go.’ Hakyeon said as he opened the doors for the members.

The silent chill ran around the mansion lobby and the members could not help but have an uneasy feeling just standing there in front of the entrance doors. Their legs felt weak.

‘This way.’ Hakyeon led them.

‘You’re really calm about this hyung.’ Hyuk said to the Dark Hakyeon.

‘You still call me hyung... I’m not your leader, not that Cha Hakyeon.’ He reminded them.

‘But you’re even more of a ‘hyung’ then our Hakyeon-hyung! You’re like… eons year old or something!’ Hyuk exaggerated.

The Dark Hakyeon remained rather silent. He felt awkward being able to converse with the other members normally despite how violent he has always acted in front of them. Why aren’t they scared of him anymore?

Strangely enough, the members were all keeping a close eye on this Dark Hakyeon. Not because they didn’t trust the latter but more so because they want to know him better. The Dark Hakyeon’s past made the members want to know about their history and understand the Dark one’s personality. Even though the Dark Hakyeon have always chased them away or screaming at them, he was actually rather quiet now that they were together. Though this Hakyeon was still somewhat a child inside, he tried his best to grow up. The best way for that was to remain silent.

The others could tell that this Hakyeon was trying to keep his distance away from the rest of the group. Could it be that he’s afraid of attachment?

After a long walk through the maze-like mansion, the members finally came upon another door. The door to the throne.

The members carefully stepped inside and were fully on guard as they walked through. No one knew what to expect.

Then, the dark room, as if expecting their arrival, began to light up.

There, at the center of the room was a person, sitting on the throne. He looked awfully similar to their own member but his presence alone was enough to intimidate the boys.

As if he was looking at his own reflection, Taekwoon finally came face to face with his Dark half.

The Dark Taekwoon, the mastermind behind everything.

‘Welcome.’ He said.

The younger members looked at the Dark Taekwoon then looked at their own Taekwoon, still unable to believe how alike the two looked. Even his voice was familiar.

‘To think we finally get to meet one another, Jung Taekwoon.’ The Dark Taekwoon said. His demeanor was confident as if he ruled everything.

‘You’re… my Dark half...’ Taekwoon didn’t know how to react as he saw his doppelganger.

‘I didn’t really think you would be foolish enough to bring them here in person,’ the Dark Taekwoon stared at the Dark Hakyeon. Hakyeon felt weak but he knew he had to stand his grounds.

‘You… were expecting it weren’t you?’ The Dark Hakyeon asked.

‘Of course. You’re just as stupid as you appeared to be. Do you really think I don’t know what you’ve been up to? I’ve watched you long enough to know that you would be a sympathizing fool and bringing the members here. You don’t think that you can actually defeat me, do you?’

‘Where’s Hakyeon-hyung?!’ Wonshik interrupted him.

‘He’s in front of you isn’t he?’  The Dark Taekwoon gave him an arrogant smirk, annoying the younger even more.

‘You know who we’re talking about! Where’s our leader?’

‘Ah~ that one? Who knows?’ He shrugged while taunting the members.

Angered at the Dark Taekwoon’s remarks, Wonshik casted a fire bolt at the throne but the Dark Taekwoon snatched the fire with his hands and dispersed it.

‘Tsk tsk. Such a weak spell. You’re nothing like the witch I once fought with.’ The Dark Taekwoon told him.

‘Don’t let him provoke you,’ the Dark Hakyeon stopped Wonshik. ‘He’s trying to play with your mind.’

The Dark Taekwoon sighed.

‘Not only are you helping them to get here but now you’re also helping them to try and fight me? Just how much more stupid can you get, Cha Hakyeon?’ The Dark Taekwoon was disappointed though he expected it.

‘I admit I’m stupid but I do know that I can’t allow you to do as you please anymore.’

‘Ha. That’s fine with me. Oh, and as for the other Hakyeon, he’s right up here.’

The Dark Taekwoon pointed upwards above his throne and a cage was descending from the ceilings. The cage was large and wrapped around with withered roses and sharp thorns. Their leader Hakyeon was sleeping inside of it.

‘Hyung!’ The members shouted in concern.

Finally, they found their leader but there was a problem…

‘You guys really want to save him?’ The Dark Taekwoon asked.

‘That goes without saying.’ Taekwoon replied.

‘Even if it means that you’ll end up destroying this foolish Hakyeon that brought you all here?’

The members paused and looked at the Dark Hakyeon. They could not answer the Dark Taekwoon’s question. Despite everything that the Dark Hakyeon had done to them, the members felt strangely attached with this Hakyeon as well. They wouldn’t want to lose neither of the Cha Hakyeons.

~

The members’ hesitation and inability to answer to the Dark Taekwoon’s question was enough for the Dark Hakyeon to make up his mind.

He wants to make things go back to how they’re supposed to be. Bring peace to the members’ lives again and restore the group's morale.

The Dark Hakyeon took the initiative and used his powers to cast it straight at the Dark Taekwoon. He was ready for a full front confrontation.

‘How ungrateful you are. Without me, you wouldn’t even have a chance to feel such power again. Without me, without this dream world, you wouldn’t even be alive anymore.’ The Dark Taekwoon glared at him.

‘You’re right. I should thank you for bringing me out of Limbo but that is all. As crazy as I can be in order to survive, I know to not stoop as low as you. I’ve seen enough chaos in the world to know when to stop. These kids are innocent and had nothing to do with our past. They’re simply reincarnations and knew nothing about our history in the first place. That’s why, I can’t let you hurt them.’ The Dark Hakyeon was determined.

‘Are you sure of that?’

‘What are you trying to say?’

‘Unlike me who was created from the darkness, you are darkness itself. You couldn’t even control your powers or anger. You almost killed one of the members even without me telling you to do so. Maybe, you’re more scary than I can ever be.’

‘…’

The Dark Taekwoon sighed and smiled at the Dark Hakyeon’s silence.

‘Well, you kids can try to fight me all you want and try to rescue your precious leader in distress but just know, you won’t even be able to lay a scratch on me with your level of power.’  He told them as he pushed the Dark Hakyeon back to the end of the room.

The members rushed to the Dark Hakyeon’s side to aid him.

‘We won’t know until we try!’ Wonshik said as he and the rest stood in front of the Dark Hakyeon.

‘Yeah!’ Hyuk agreed.

‘Then try me,’ The Dark Taekwoon said.

Just then, the ground beneath the members’ feet started to cave in. The hard marbled floor was becoming formless.

‘What the?!’

‘I said it didn’t I? Try and reach me if you can, but that’s if you can even make it out of there alive.’ The Dark Taekwoon said.

The members panicked and tried to escape but they were in the middle of the ground. As if it was quick sand, the black hole that the Dark Taekwoon created was swallowing them inside.

They have fallen into a trap.