Eight

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Wonshik received a text message early that morning from his friend, Hongbin. The latter wanted to meet up at the company in order to discuss about an important matter. His friend did not specify the details to him in the text so all Wonshik was able to do was to meet up with Hongbin.

As he entered the meeting room, he was surprised to see both Jaehwan and Hyuk there as well.

‘Did Kong send you a message too?’ Jaehwan asked.

Wonshik nodded.

‘I wonder what it’s about,’ Hyuk wondered.

The three of them sat around the long table to wait for Hongbin to show up. Then, to their surprise as the door opened, the Dark Taekwoon entered the room.

He did not look pleased to see the others nor did he seem to be expecting them to be waiting there. Just as he was about to leave, Hongbin came up from behind and stopped him.

‘Get in. We need to talk,’ Hongbin said in a rather demanding and serious tone in which no one could refuse.

The Dark Taekwoon had no escape and was immediately forced to sit down to see what the younger was up to.

After Hongbin had stepped into the room, the Dark Hakyeon followed closely behind.

‘Hyung?’ Hyuk was surprised. ‘Where did you go this morning? We were looking all over for you.’

‘Sorry. I had something to talk about with Hongbin.’

The Dark Hakyeon gave a glance at Hongbin and both nodded in agreement about something. The six of them gathered and sat down together even if they were reluctant.

‘So, what is it?’ Wonshik asked curiously as to why even the Dark Taekwoon was in the room.

Hongbin took a deep breath and stared at the Dark Taekwoon.

‘I think it’s time for you to be honest with me, with us.’ The younger suddenly said.

The others were confused.

‘About what?’ Jaehwan was looking back and forth between Hongbin and the Dark Taekwoon. A tense atmosphere could be felt in the room.

‘How much time do you have left? Hongbin disregarded Jaehwan’s question and continued his interrogation with the Dark Taekwoon. He wanted to get straight to the point.

In an instant, the Dark Taekwoon became alarmed and knew that the Dark Hakyeon must have told the younger the truth.

He tried to remain silent and wanting to leave immediately in order to avoid the questioning.

‘Time? What are you talking about Hongbin-ah?’ Jaehwan decided to ask again.

The Dark Taekwoon got up from the uncomfortable situation and without a single word, tried to leave the room. But he was blocked by the Dark Hakyeon who was standing in front of the door.

‘Get out of my way,’ the Dark Taekwoon demanded.

‘It’s time to be honest with them. There’s no use in hiding it anymore.’ The Dark Hakyeon refused.

The Dark Taekwoon was not pleased that the Dark Hakyeon was obviously on Hongbin’s side.

He was angered by the sudden feeling of betrayal and grabbed the Dark Hakyeon’s collar in anger. He wanted to shove the other out of the way but the Dark Hakyeon was not budging at all.

The others became alarmed and worried that the Dark Taekwoon would hurt the Dark Hakyeon.

‘You! Get your hands off of him!’ Wonshik rushed to the Dark Taekwoon to stop him but then, Hongbin got in the way instead. ‘What the hell are you doing?’

Wonshik and the rest got confused at Hongbin’s actions. He didn’t seem worried one bit about the possibility that the Dark Taekwoon would hurt the other.

Hongbin then turned around and calmly walked towards the Dark Taekwoon. He grabbed the other’s arms with his strength and forced his grasp away from the Dark Hakyeon’s shirt.

‘It’s time you tell us everything and stop all your lies. Do you plan on keeping quiet about the whole thing even after you disappear?’ Hongbin asked.

‘D-disappear?’ Jaehwan became unsettled just hearing the word. ‘What are you talking about Kong-ah?’

‘He’s going to disappear soon. His time is running out,’ the younger revealed.

The other three looked at the Dark Hakyeon for confirmation and the older gave them a nod. Hongbin was right. The Dark Taekwoon was gong to disappear.

It was time for things to come clear.

The Dark Taekwoon flung away Hongbin’s grasp and tried to avoid speaking a single word.

‘I know you didn’t want me to know. The fact that their Taekwoon resents me for taking Cha Hakyeon away,’ the Dark Hakyeon told the Dark Taekwoon that he now knows the truth and misunderstanding within the group.

‘You!’ the Dark Taekwoon became angered at Hongbin who obviously revealed the truth to the Dark Hakyeon.

Wonshik, Jaehwan and Hyuk also got worried about the Dark Hakyeon’s feelings.

‘Hyung...’ Hyuk felt sorry for him.

‘I’m fine, Hyogi-ah.’ The Dark Hakyeon smiled at him to reassure them. ‘It was a slight shock at first but your Taekwoon isn’t the person I love and I understand how he feels. If I was standing in his stance, I would feel the same as well.’

‘Hiding the truth was not the right thing to do. We should have told you… sorry,’ Wonshik apologized.

‘I know. You guys are all so kind,’ the Dark Hakyeon smiled.

Then, he approached the Dark Taekwoon and raised the other’s arms to roll up his sleeves in order to show the other members.

The boys were astonished.

Even more than before, almost all of the Dark Taekwoon’s arms have turned invisible.

He could not meet the others in the eyes. They were all shocked.

‘How much time left?’ Hongbin asked. ‘Just how far have your body disappeared to?’

The Dark Taekwoon bit his lips and tried to keep quiet. Still stubborn to reveal what was happening to him.

The others didn’t know what to say as they were still too shocked at what they were witnessing.

‘Please.’ Hongbin suddenly lowered his tone and pleaded.

The Dark one finally caught the younger’s expression in which he did not expect the other to look so sad. Hongbin would have been the last person he thought that would give him any sort of sympathy.

Hongbin took the Dark Taekwoon’s other arms and rolled up the other side.

The other arm was almost gone as well…

‘I admit that I don’t like you very much but I can’t let this happen again… another person disappearing right in front of my eyes like this. Just like Taekwoon-hyung…’ Hongbin choked on his words as he recalled the horrifying sight of the vocalist disappearing in front of his very eyes.

People he cared for, disappearing one after another and even the Dark Hakyeon would eventually leave him. Just how much more can he handle alone?

‘You…’ the Dark Taekwoon was at a lost for words as he saw Hongbin’s expression become broken for his sake. Then, he also noticed that Jaehwan and Hyuk was growing teary as well. ‘Why… why do you all look like that?’

He began to question their expressions and sorrows. Shouldn’t they be rejoicing that he’s finally going to be gone? Don’t they resent him?

‘Don’t you all hate me… so why are you looking like that?’ he asked in disbelief.

‘It’s because they care.’ The Dark Hakyeon spoke up. ‘Despite how our beginnings were, these kids still care about us. They’re different from anyone we have ever met before. These past few months, haven’t the six of us work hard for the comeback? The trainings we’ve endured and went through, you endured it along with all of us just as much. They see you as a part of the group now.’

Wonshik stepped up.

‘He’s right. VIXX is no longer just a group of six. It is now a group of eight with both of you included as well.’

The others nodded.

Then, it was as if something began to move within his heart, an emotion that he has never experienced before.

He was learning once more to feel.

His eyes started to get teary and his heart began to ache. All the emotions he has never had began to rush from within. He wanted to speak but his voice choked.

He was unable to form the words he wished to say and could only look down towards the floor.

His tears fell.

Sorry.