Silence

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

As the members sat down together in their CEO’s office to discuss about their upcoming comeback concept, the younger members could not stop stealing glances at their oldest main vocalist.

No, it can’t be… Hongbin thought as he looked at ‘Taekwoon’ who was sitting across from him.

He and the others had the same thing in mind the entire time during the meeting. This Taekwoon did not feel right and it was both awkward and uncomfortable for them all. Especially since they are discussing something so important regarding the fate of their group, they didn’t expect the sudden outsider in the room. Just what is he planning?

‘I’m actually very impressed with this idea. How did you guys ever think of it?’ Sejun asked them.

‘It’s like a fantasy come to life isn’t it?’ Taekwoon asked.

‘Yes! I felt the chills just thinking about the entire concept and how we are going to design the story. I’m sure the fans will love it!’ Sejun was so excited and was highly anticipating with the idea. He can’t wait to release the concept photos and teasers to the public once everything has been decided. ‘So, I shall leave the compositions and arrangements to you Wonshik-ah. I’ll notify our producers as well to help out with this project. If there’s anyone else you have in mind for this comeback, feel free to contact them. You have my permission.’

‘Uh, yes sir. I will.’ Wonshik was obviously half paying attention to the entire meeting.

No one could actually concentrate on what was going on because of their worries and fear.

‘Oh and Taekwoon-ah. You should help out as well since you’re the one who came up with the idea in the first place. You don’t usually give your input to our concepts or meetings aside from making music so I’m quite pleased you’re willing to initiate and propose the idea this time. I expect a lot from you all and help you Wonshik as much as you can okay?’ Sejun told him.

Taekwoon smiled and nodded obediently.

As the six of them left the room finally, they went to an empty room to brainstorm their ideas. But it was silent the moment the six of them were left alone. They should be very excited now that the other has finally returned but they knew and could feel that this Taekwoon was not the real one.

Hongbin gulped in fear as the silence grew and all they could hear were the staffs talking outside of the room and other trainees practicing next door.

‘Wh-‘

‘Who the hell are you?!’ Wonshik interrupted his friend to start his interrogation. He looked angrily at Taekwoon and grabbed his arms in persistence for an answer.

‘That hurts Wonshik-ah, let go,’ Taekwoon said calmly.

‘Not until you answer my question. Where is Taekwoon-hyung?!’

‘What are you talking about? I am Taekwoon.’ He insisted.

‘Stop lying! You’re not our hyung!’

‘He’s right. You’re not Jung Taekwoon from this time, are you?’ The Dark Hakyeon gathered his courage to speak up. He have been feeling very intimidated just by looking at this Taekwoon and being in the same room as the latter. This fearful feeling they were all experiencing was the same as when they were inside of Dreamscape and fighting against that Taekwoon.

Suddenly, Taekwoon snorted aloud.

‘Hahaha. I really can’t fool you guys can I? You’re right. I am that Taekwoon. The Dark Taekwoon.’

The members were alarmed and surprised. They stepped back to keep their distance away from the latter.

‘Come on now. I’m not going to hurt you guys.’

‘Who’s going to believe that kind of lie?! What did you do with our Taekwoon-hyung?’ Wonshik shouted.

‘Nothing. I didn’t do anything at all. It was his choice.’

‘What?’

‘That aside. You guys should be thankful that I’m finally here to save the day.’ Taekwoon exaggerated. ‘If your agency or fans finds out that not only are you missing one but two of your oldest members, what do you think would happen to the group? To VIXX?’

‘We don’t need you! What happens to our group is none of your business? Give us back our hyungs!’ Jaehwan was angry as well.

The Dark Taekwoon sighed.

‘Look, it’s not like I didn’t want to give you back your Jung Taekwoon. It’s himself who decided to leave.’

‘What?!’

‘And for your information, this body isn’t his either. This is my body.’

‘What are you saying?’

‘I found it. A key to unlocking the door that connects Dreamscape to the mortal realm.’ The Dark Taekwoon smirked.

‘It can’t be. But that… Soo-ah never mentioned about such a thing existing before. Then, we can go into Dreamscape and bring our hyungs back!’ Hyuk said.

‘Forget about it. There is only one way to enter through that door and that door is already locked since I used it. No one knows about it except me. I control Dreamscape after all.’

Hyuk fell on his knees in disbelief. The only hope they had vanished before they could even begin to find it.

‘Anyways, you might as well accept the truth. I’m here to save your group after all. Look at how happy your CEO was when he saw the six of us finally together again.’

‘You! You’ll never be apart of our group!’ Wonshik shouted at him and walked furiously out of the studio.

Jaehwan helped Hyuk get back on his feet and the two followed Wonshik from behind as well.

~

‘What exactly are you planning?’ The Dark Hakyeon wanted to know what was on the latter’s mind. ‘What happened to taking over the throne to the Underworld?’

Hakyeon could not understand why the latter decided to abandon his ambitions and come to the mortal realm. What was this about ‘saving’ the group when all the other have done was trying to destroy their bonds since the beginning?

‘I just had a little change of mind. After all, you’re not there anymore. That’s not very fun is it?’

Taekwoon slowly approached the Dark Hakyeon. In an instant, Hakyeon’s body froze in his spot and his legs were starting to give way. Just as Taekwoon was about to reach for the latter, Hongbin stepped in to stop the fake vocalist.

‘There’s no way that’s all you have in mind. We all knew how much you wanted to kill Hakyeon here.’ Hongbin defended the other.

‘Hongbin-ah…’ Hakyeon was worried for the younger’s safety.

The Dark Taekwoon looked slightly irritated at Hongbin’s interference.

‘It doesn’t matter whether you believe me or not. But I will be a part of this little childish idol group of yours. Don’t forget, the lives of your leader and Jung Taekwoon are still in my hands. Even if I have left Dreamscape, their fate is for me to decide.’

Hongbin glared at the Dark Taekwoon one more time and grabbed Hakyeon’s hands to follow him.

‘Let’s go,’ the younger said.

‘But-‘

Hongbin shook his head. There was obviously no use in confronting the Dark Taekwoon right now or guess what the other hand planned. The safest thing to do at the moment was to wait for Soo-ah’s return and watch this Taekwoon’s actions carefully.

As the five of them returned together to their dorms, they looked around to see if the Dark Taekwoon had followed them. But he has not returned yet.

So, the five of them sat together in the living room to discuss the matter in front of them.

‘Dammit! Where is Soo-ah when we really need her?!’ Wonshik punched the walls out of anger.

‘Stop it Wonshik-ah, there’s no use getting angry right now. We just need to be more careful around this Taekwoon for the time being. Who knows what he can do in our world like how he controlled Dreamscape,’ Jaehwan tried to calm the younger.

‘What can he do though? Does he have power here in the real world? This isn’t a dream anymore…’ Hongbin said.

‘Technically speaking, he shouldn’t have any powers here because only those powers he had came from controlling our dreams.’ The Dark Hakyeon told them. ‘But I’m also unsure what he’s capable of doing now that he’s here in the mortal realm.’

The members sighed while Hyuk remained rather quiet during their conversation.

‘What’s wrong Hyuk-ah?’ Hongbin noticed.

‘He said something about the fact that it was Taekwoon-hyung’s choice to leave the real world… why?’ The younger said.

‘He’s probably lying! Who knows what he might have said to Taekwoon-hyung to trick him like how he did with Hakyeon-hyung!’ Wonshik said.

‘But if what he’s saying is true… then,’ Hyuk bit his lips. ‘Doesn’t that mean that Taekwoon-hyung is still inside of Dreamscape right now? With Hakyeon-hyung?’

That’s right.

Their Taekwoon is reunited with their leader, Hakyeon inside of the dream.

~

Back at this unknown and strange world, Hakyeon remained trapped in his cage. He was given food from the fake Taekwoon from time to time but lately, the other haven’t come to mock him.

What is he up to? It’s been a few days at least already since he last came… well, what do I care? Best not to let me see that face of his!

Hakyeon felt hungry and tired. But he was afraid to fall asleep. Who knows where else he might drift off to while he becomes unconscious? Just then, he heard footsteps approaching the room from the hallways.

Shoot! It’s him!

Hakyeon instinctively backed up to the other side of the cage and could feel his heart racing in fear. He was anxious as he watched to see the door open like usual.

But, it did not open at all. The footsteps stopped right outside of the room and then walked away.

What?

Then, the same occurrences happened a few more times. Hakyeon could hear footsteps right outside of his room yet Taekwoon did not come in. It was beginning to irritate Hakyeon a lot because it was tiring for him to worry and afraid of the other coming inside to torture him.

What the hell is wrong with him?!

After a few days, when Hakyeon least expected it, the door slowly creaked open. Could the last few days just be there in order to terrify him? Was this Taekwoon trying to mess with his mind in a new way now?

The leader suddenly became frustrated about such a possibility.

‘Get me out of here! What’s the point of keeping me here anyway?!’ Hakyeon shouted and shook the bars with all his might.

Taekwoon looked at him and did not say a word.

He walked up towards Hakyeon’s cage and left a plate of food in front of him. He looked at Hakyeon as if watching whether or not the other would finally eat his meal.

Hakyeon was starving and despite his irritations, he immediately grabbed the food placed in front and shoved it down his mouth. Even in a dreamlike world, one can still starve to death.

As he ate his meal, he could feel the latter watching him in silence. Rather than the usual taunts and mockery, the silence was more torturing as Hakyeon could not understand what the Dark Taekwoon had in mind.

~

Each day was the same routine. Hakyeon would wake up to a meal placed in front of his prison and the other would watch silently without saying a single word. Even after all the shouting and fits that Hakyeon was pulling, Taekwoon did not say anything.

Hakyeon kept furiously banging and grabbing onto the bars of the cage as if he was trying to pry the cage open. It was obviously no use on trying to break out of the prison but what else could he do except attempt for a miracle to happen? He was worried that by every minute that passed by, something bad could be happening to the other members.

Taekwoon who sat there in silence did not seem to care at all. He knew that no matter what Hakyeon did would be futile.

He sighed just watching how desperate Hakyeon was being and finally got up from his spot.

‘It’s useless. Stop.’ Taekwoon told him.

Hakyeon glared once at Taekwoon and ignored him. Instead, he was even more irritated now and pulled the bars even harder. He was weak but more persistent than ever.

‘Why are you so stubborn? There’s no way you can break these steel bars.’ Taekwoon reminded him.

Hakyeon continued to ignore the other’s advice.

‘Ow.’ Hakyeon looked at his palms, and saw that he accidently popped one of the blisters that was there.

‘Tsk. I said stop it!’ Taekwoon shouted suddenly which surprised Hakyeon.

Taekwoon rushed up to grab Hakyeon’s hands by force to make the other stop.

‘Look at your hands! They’re blistering this much because you won’t listen to me! I told you, there’s no use! Just how much more persistent can you get?!’

Why is he so angry all over a sudden? Hakyeon thought.

‘Wh-what I do has nothing to do with y- ! Leave me alone!’ Hakyeon shouted back.

Taekwoon became strangely irritated by Hakyeon’s stubbornness and gave up on persuading the other. He turned around and left the room while slamming the doors behind him angrily.

What the hell is his problem?!