Friends...

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Hongbin:

[Where are you hyung? We’re about to leave.]

NNNNN:

[I just need to take care of something.]

[Don’t worry about me and go back to the dorms first.]

 

Hongbin was slightly concerned about leaving the Dark Hakyeon who wasn’t there to join him and s to return home after their first win but he had to obey.

It was the best thing he could think of doing.

‘Where’s Hakyeon-hyung?’ Hyuk asked as they finished packing up and placing their belongings into the van.

‘Don’t worry. He’ll join us later. Let’s go ahead first,’ Hongbin told the younger.

‘No!’ Hyuk started to shout in panic. ‘We can’t leave him alone again! What if something happens when he’s out of our sight and…’

Hyuk was ready to leave his seat to rush back inside of the building to look for the older.

‘Han Sanghyuk! Stop!’ Hongbin grabbed the younger back. ‘Just let him be! He’s going to be alright!’

‘I don’t believe you! Last time I listened to you, that Hakyeon-hyung got attacked by that anti! You don’t care about that hyung at all! You only care about "Hakyeon-hyung!’ Hyuk fought back for the first time again Hongbin.

‘Ya! Han Sanghyuk!’ Hongbin lost his temper with the way Hyuk was speaking to him.

‘You two stop fighting! This is supposed to be a good day for our first win, not an excuse for you two to argue,’ Jaehwan finally snapped at the two fighting behind him. He was the oldest in the van right now and he could not stand the two who are usually really close, to argue like this.

‘That’s right. Break it up you two.’ Wonshik agreed with Jaehwan.

Hyuk did not listen though. He glared at the other two and refused to stay put in the car. Hongbin who saw this stubborn side of Hyuk could not keep calm and pulled in forcefully back inside the van.

‘Let go of me!’ Hyuk fought back.

‘I do care about him! I care a lot about him okay? But if he says he’s fine, the least I can do is to trust him! That’s what our Hakyeon-hyung would want as well!’ Hongbin yelled.

‘O-our Hakyeon-hyung? Don’t you dare bring up our hyung suddenly!’

‘I’m not! That’s what Hakyeon-hyung told me. Told us all!’ Hongbin shouted.

‘What are you saying Hongbin-ah?’ Jaehwan asked.

Everyone’s attention was on Hongbin finally.

Hongbin looked at s and sighed.

‘Our Hakyeon-hyung and this Hakyeon-hyung got in touch with one another finally. During when he got stabbed and nearly died.’

‘How?’ Hyuk asked still in disbelief of finally hearing some sort of news about their leader after all this time.

‘I’m unsure of the details either but that’s what the Dark Hakyeon told me when he was in the hospital.’ Hongbin said.

Then, he took out his phone and scrolled through his emails to look for something.

‘It also seems like Soo-ah was finally able to get inside of Dreamscape and told our hyung about everything. He was the one that brought back the Dark Hakyeon who almost wanted to give up his life. He was the one that gave the Dark Hakyeon confidence to surviving and standing on the stage with us in his place.’ Hongbin said.

‘If Hakyeon-hyung could communicate with that Dark Hakyeon, why didn’t he talk with us as well?’ Wonshik commented.

‘It’s not because he doesn’t want to, it’s because at the moment he still can’t find a way to. Plus, this Hakyeon and our hyung shares the same body.’

‘How’s our hyung doing?’ Jaehwan almost got too emotional just thinking about their leader. ‘Is he all right? Is he sleeping well? Eating well?’

‘Yeah. Soo-ah sent me this email today telling me about it and that Hakyeon-hyung is trying his best to leave Dreamscape using his own powers at the moment since we can no longer go back inside. Soo-ah also said that hyung wanted to tell us something as well.’

‘What is it?’

Hongbin showed the email to s.

"Don’t worry about me. I’ll be there soon. Take care of each other, don’t fight and stay healthy. I’ll be back soon so while I’m gone, please take care of the Dark Hakyeon as well. He’s a lot weaker than he seems so make sure to stay by his side and trust him like you would trust me."

The members all fell quiet and was silently crying inside. Even after so many things that happened, even though Hakyeon had struggles of his own, he never once forgot about his precious members.

‘Why didn’t you tell us this sooner, Kong-ah?’ Jaehwan asked as he held back his tears while trying to understand the situation.

‘I didn’t want you guys to worry. It’s our first comeback stage after so long and I wanted you all to stay focus for our performance. That’s what Hakyeon-hyung would want as well. A perfect comeback…’

Hongbin was the first one to give up and started to cry as he continued to hold onto his phone preciously at Hakyeon’s message.

‘Hyung…’ Hyuk was apologetic for accusing Hongbin and hugged him tightly, ‘I’m sorry I doubted you.’

Hongbin shook his head and forgave Hyuk. He buried his face inside of his hoodie to hide his crying face. The four of them decided to trust both of the Hakyeons’ words and went home. Waiting patiently for their return.

~

The Dark Hakyeon held onto the Dark Taekwoon’s wrist and watched it turn transparent right in front of his eyes. A week or so ago during their lunch break from filming the music video, Hakyeon had already noticed it. The other accidently lifted his sleeves up but aside from Hakyeon, no one was aware nor did the Dark Taekwoon noticed that he had accidently revealed himself.

‘Why are your hands shaking?’ The Dark Taekwoon asked him.

Hakyeon looked up with an expression of sadness and sympathy.

He swallowed hard before he could find the courage to speak again.

‘What is happening to you? Why are you… disappearing?’ He asked with his voice shaking uncontrollably. He was terrified to be honest to see the other turning more and more transparent by the day.

Is this how Hongbin felt when he saw the other Taekwoon disappear before his eyes as well?

‘Why do you care?’ The Dark Taekwoon swung his arms away from Hakyeon’s grasp.

‘Why do you have to hide the truth from me even now? What exactly is happening to you and the other Jung Taekwoon?’

‘…’

The Dark Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon coldly and stepped backwards.

‘This is why I didn’t want you to know. Don’t look at me like that, as if you care. Look at your face. Why are you giving me that pitiful look of yours? This… this is all your fault.’

~

Hakyeon helped his lifelong friend get up and sit properly but Taekwoon refused. He still looked so broken for some reason yet he refused to speak another word.

‘Taekwoon-ah. What’s wrong? Why won’t you say anything?’ The older asked.

Again, the other grew silent yet he refused to let Hakyeon leave his side anymore.

Hakyeon sighed not knowing what to do.

‘I get. You like me right? But you rejected me and regret it afterwards. So what? Why are you acting this way as if you’re the one with a broken heart? Do you think you even have the rights to remain silent like this after all that I’ve been through seen you rejected me?’

As if Hakyeon’s words jabbed into his conscience, Taekwoon jolt and began to tremble.

He finally let his hands go off of Hakyeon but Hakyeon did not let him. He held Taekwoon’s cold hands tightly.

‘Jung Taekwoon.’

Hakyeon said in a strict and stern tone as he would with any of the other members if anyone was arguing. His strict tones was more terrifying than simply being scolding.

‘If you won’t tell me everything, then I’ll… disappear forever. This is my dream. I am allowed to do as I pleased, even erasing my entire existence. Is that what you want?’ Hakyeon threatened him.

‘No! No! Don’t! PLEASE… not anymore…’ Taekwoon feared of that possibility the most. He knew that Hakyeon was the type to do it if he really wanted to.

‘Then, why won’t you explain yourself? Why did you lock me here and trap yourself inside of this place as well? How can you do this to me Jung Taekwoon? I thought we were friends!’

‘We’re not!’ Taekwoon shouted with tears in his eyes.

‘W-what?’ Hakyeon was taken back.

‘I can’t. I can’t go back to being friends and pretending as if nothing had happened between us. I can’t forget it. That day when I called you disgusting... the look on your face… haunts me even now.’

‘Taekwoon-ah…’ Hakyeon felt as if Taekwoon’s tears were contagious enough to affect him as well.

‘It’s all your fault. It’s your fault for making me become this way. I tried so hard, all this time to push people away so that I wouldn’t get hurt. I was so used to the isolation, the wrong impressions and the avoidance but you… Cha Hakyeon, decided to break that barrier that I put up so hard. Why did we have to meet? Why did you confess to me? It’s all your fault… it’s your fault that I realized just how much I actually love you.’ Taekwoon finally said. ‘To the point that I think I’ll go insane without you by my side.’

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Double UPDATES!

Sorry I couldn't update sooner. I've just been so shooked with the comeback teasers and drowning in my own tears. Can we PLEASE talk about how VIXX = Concept GODS not just Kings anymore, but they're literal GODS of Concepts. I am just so speechless ...

But yeah, I did draw a fanart from the first set of teaser images so I just want to show you all if you guys don't already follow me on my Twitter :)

Tracklist release tomorrow, prepare your delicate Starlight hearts <3