By Your Side

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

As he walked around the ‘dream’, he saw realized his body was becoming ever so transparent. Every minute that passed by, his body was disappearing and knew that he was growing weaker than before. He’s even tried to grab an object from nearby to see how bad his state have gotten and his grip was nearly there.

Soon, every objects he tries to place in his hands will fall through.

I have to hurry. He told himself.

His time was running out.

The Dark Taekwoon promised the others to find Hongbin who had suddenly disappeared from the rest of them. He wanted to make sure that everyone was safely back to each other before he vanishes completely.

He tried to hurry and ran around Dreamscape looking for the younger. But there was no sigh of Hongbin anywhere. The more he ran, the faster he was disappearing. Yet, he had no choice. He had only one thing in mind as he went through the mazes, and that was to bring things back to how it should have been. Back to where the original six was together again.

Am I really going to disappear like this? Why is it so hard to try and make up for my mistakes? Is it really impossible to undo something I’ve done? Is this… karma?

Never have he felt so desperate and lost. He panicked as he knew how powerless he was becoming.

All this time, he had all the control he wished for inside of a world of dreams. A dream where the unthinkable could be possible. A place in which all fantasies could come to life.

He was frustrated.

Just how disappointed would they be if I can’t even help them find Hongbin? This one simple thing they hope for me to do… Dammit…

Just as he felt the disappointment and lost, the world began to shake around him.

‘What is going on?!’ He got nervous. ‘Don’t tell me this place is going to collapse? I can’t let this happen! Nothing has been resolved yet! No!’

He ran from the shaking as far of a distance as he could and screaming for the world to remain still once more.

‘Dammit! Stop this instance!’ He told the dream. ‘I command you to stop! Please…’

He was defeated. He has lost all control of Dreamscape.

The earthquake shattered and split the grounds. The sky came collapsing and fragments fell through the floors. Dreamscape have fallen and he, who was once the controller of all dreams and nightmares, was stranded on a small platform, alone in despair.

Is this really the end? Am I really going to fall without anything accomplished?

His legs felt weak as his heart sank like this world. He closed his eyes, waiting for the final moment where he will disappear into the nothingness like this place called a ‘dream’.

‘Get up,’ someone suddenly said.

‘W-who?’ the Dark Taekwoon opened his eyes to look for the voice.

‘You can’t stay there. You still have much to do.’

‘But I can’t… it’s impossible.’

‘Impossible? I would have never thought that I’d hear such a word from you. What happened to the shadow that once took over the Underworld? What happened to the only one I thought I could rely on when I fell into the darkness myself?’

The Dark Taekwoon suddenly felt anxious and his heart pounding nervously as he slowly got up to seek for the voice.

‘Where are you?!’ He shouted.

‘I’m here.’

‘Where? I can’t see you.. please come out! Don’t go!’

He ran to find the voice. The voice of the person who he wanted to see the most.

He had much to ask yet so little time…

‘I’m here.’ The voice said. ‘Beside you like always.’

The Dark Taekwoon looked behind him and saw a familiar reflection. An image of himself? No, it was his creator.

‘Why… are you here? You, and the others… shouldn’t you have died already?’ He could not believe his eyes as he slowly approached his reflection. ‘You… left me behind… alone and banished into Limbo. You abandoned me for the others.’

His voice cracked and the tears in his eyes were blurring his vision.

You can’t be real. He told himself.

‘I didn’t abandon you. There’s no way I can do that.’ The other approached him instead and let out a nostalgic smile. ‘How was the mortal realm?’

His creator finally stood in front of him, face to face with the Dark Taekwoon.

‘Were you able to feel it? What it means to live freely and with those you care for?’ he asked the Dark Taekwoon.

‘I… I did. And, they were all so kind… even to someone like me. They shouldn’t have but they did anyways.’

His eyes gave out and finally cried uncontrollably like a child for the first time ever. His creator gave him a warm smile and gently hugged the poor child.

‘Is this why you decided to choose them? Is this why you left me in the end?’ The Dark Taekwoon asked.

‘I didn’t leave you. There’s no way I could. You are me and I am you. I can’t be without a shadow and I can’t be without you. You are just as important to me as the others. Every single one of you is the reason why I exist. I am grateful for you and all you have done for me.’

‘Really?’

‘Really.’ The other reassured him. ‘You have done so much already, so it is time to go.’

‘Wait! I can’t! I haven’t found Hongbin or Jung Taekwoon yet! Those kids will cry if they lose both of them… nothing has been resolved yet!’

‘It’s okay. It’s fine now. Everything has gone back to the way it should be. See?’

Suddenly, the Dark Taekwoon found himself within the room of mirrors once more. All of the mirrors have grown black and cracked; it was no longer possible to venture within. But he noticed a single mirror standing alone amongst the others, still emitting a warm light from within it.

The other Dark one was finally forgiven.

The others have finally reunited with their precious vocalist and both Hakyeon and Lee Hongbin have also found one another.

Dreamscape have fallen. This dream, no, this nightmare… was finally over.

‘Come,’ his creator put his hand out for the Dark Taekwoon.

‘Where?’

‘Everyone is waiting for you.’

‘Everyone?’

He looked behind the figure and saw five others standing behind his reflection. They smiled at the Dark Taekwoon and waiting for him to take a step forward.

The Dark Taekwoon turned to look at the mirror of the others once more, smiled in relief and took a step into the other side, where another six was waiting for him.

The six who have been there with him since the beginning. They knew of his story as he knew of their’s. They waited for the ‘darkness’ to find what it means to live and love, gave him another chance to be free and waited for his return.

‘I’m back,’ the Dark Taekwoon said.

He has finally returned.

After the many struggles, the many fights and the many precious memories he’s gained, he was finally able to go back.

Back to the World of ‘Us’.