Author's Note [Long AF]

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

First of all, I want to say thank you to all my beautiful Starlights and readers! Some of you have been with me since the first series 'The World of Us' and some of you have joined me mid-way. Nonetheless, I want to say that I am forever grateful for how much support and encouragement you have all given me. I never once thought that I would end up writing so much for any of my series and most of the time, I was afraid that I might end up losing interest in writing or discontinuing the plots half way. But because of all your lovely support and comments, I was able to continue writing all the way! Neomu kamsahamnida <3

There was much changes while writing all three stories and each time I decided to make a storyboard, each time something would change drastically from the original. I honestly write each chapter depending on the flow and how I feel. It might take me days to write a single chapter or at times, only a day to write several chapters! Those days I would be on a writing roll and it is always much fun. 

The three characters in which I introduced in my series - Kwon Soo-ah, Dark Hakyeon and Dark Taekwoon - have all become a very special part of my job as a fanfic writer now. I am very much attached to each of them as I write each chapter. 

One of my main goals for creating a plot was character development. It wasn't just the main characters I wanted to evolve, but also the other members and the three new characters. Another challenge I had was to make sure that each character I do mention has a personality of their own and doesn't seem like a repetition of another character. Often times, while writing the dialogues, I have to think twice to myself and asking whether that dialogue sounds like a certain character. I wanted to give a 'voice' to each dialogue that belongs to a specific character. 

It's actually very difficult at times to describe each setting I have in mind with writing. In my mind, I know exactly how each setting such as the Underworld, Pinewoods, the dorms, Dreamscape, the mirror room etc. all looks like! The image I have for each setting is very vivid in my mind but describing it into words was proven very difficult. Sometimes I wish I knew how to draw environmental scenes just so I could show you all how I imagine it in my mind. I know how each place look like to the point that I've even had dreams about them! 

The main inspiration and idea I had when I came up with the plot for 'Dream.scape' is the idea of 'what if we were able to freely control how we dream and what we want to dream about?' Another question I had was 'why do we meet people in our dreams that we have never seen before?' 'What if the people and settings we've dreamt about were actually memories of a previous life?' With these three things in mind, Dream.scape was eventually created as a continuation and final part of my trilogy. 

I had a lot of fun writing Dream.scape because I was trying to tie in VIXX's real life and my own fantasy of another life they have. I tried my best to mix in what's happened during VIXX's timeline with my own ideas. It was to the point where I also ended up brainwashing myself into thinking that both the Dark Hakyeon and Dark Taekwoon could be real! I mean, they could be? I remember it as not too long ago when Taekwoon was still camera shy and awkward doing shows or speaking in interviews. But now, he's a total Jung Noodles! He's so extra and throwing aegyo all over the place like he's a completely different person. Hakyeon used to be that very extra leader who makes meme faces and be the loudest with Jaehwan in the group. Now, he's just so soft and mature even though he can have loads of fun at times too. I still remember when Starlights were joking around that Taekwoon and Hakyeon switches personalities because it really felt like they did! 

Because of that, I was able to write moments in which I feel like the members are hiding something from the public or fans. Wonshik and Hakyeon once revealed that they've fought or argued a few times in the past such as during GR8U and Dynamite etc. But we never knew what those arguments could have been about. So, I used that to my advantage and brought up the inner conflict and struggles for the members with the two Dark ones. 

For the final chapter 'Elysium', I have always wanted this to be the title of the last chapter! It was an idea I've had for awhile to talk more as to why the members had their Fantasy concert called Elysium. So, the concert became a dedication and memory for the Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon who had to eventually leave us in the end. I know a lot of my readers are sad that both of them have gone their ways and sometimes wished their was a different ending where they can remain with VIXX. But I think who knows? I might have plans to bring back the 'Dark' Taekwoon and Hakyeon one day in some other story for the far future.

I currently have plans to write every Hakyeon pairing first before I write another NEO/LeoN story. I have ideas already about how I would write each one but NBIN's unWRITTEN is first! It will be another long series, as usual. I like writing long stories and I feel really immerse in writing whenever I write those. I just enjoy writing VIXX members in an alternate universe of my mind.

The trilogy is actually my very first time writing anything. I've always had a lack of confidence when it comes to my writing and English grammar. I actually never thought I would enjoy writing this much because I used to hate having to write essays and papers. But being able to write something I like and from my imagination, really made me enjoy writing a lot and I think I've fallen in love with it. I hope that through this trilogy, that my writing has improved and hope to continue improving.

Finally, I would like to say thank you once again for reading this long author's note and I hope to see you in my other series :) Let's all shine brightly for VIXX and keep on supporting them! 

 

Yours truly,

darkskyez