Thanks

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Ding. Ding. Ding.

‘Welcome.’ The lady said as he walked into the shop. ‘Oh? I haven’t seen you come in a while.’

‘Yeah. I’ve been busy with our schedules. Is there any new products in lately?’ He asked the older woman.

‘Must be tough being an idol.’ She sympathized with the boy. ‘Come this way. I’ve got a few new scented oils and dyes that just arrived this morning for you.’

The store lady took Hakyeon to the back inventory to show him the new products she received even before any other customers. Hakyeon always come to this candle making shop in the Dongdaemun district whenever he had free time. He is a regular customer.

Hakyeon opened one of the boxes and picked up a bottle of scent to smell it. Immediately, a refreshing and calming scent hit him.

‘What is this scent?’ He asked her.

‘That’s the new mix of vanilla and lemongrass. It’s the perfect scent for aromatherapy that a lot of our customers have been requesting. It helps with sleep and stress relief.’ She told him. ‘That might be just the perfect one for you and your members who are always so busy.’

‘Can I take a few?’ He asked.

‘Of course!’

Hakyeon bought the scent along with other fragrances and headed by to the dorms. He wanted to make enough candles for s as a thank you present. He had so much to thank them for and the fact that none of them gave up on finding him or letting him go.

They could have easily given up on Hakyeon when things became too difficult to handle and just continue as a group of four or five. They could have even chosen the Dark Hakyeon as the new leader instead of him but the younger members didn’t do that. They didn’t run away even though when they were told that they were too powerless to do anything to rescue their leader. They stayed strong for Hakyeon and Hakyeon wanted to repay their kindness.

After returning to the dorms, Hakyeon walked in to see that no one was home yet. He stared at the calendar that was up on their refrigerator to see what s were doing that day. Each of them left for their individual activities and even left sticky notes telling their leader to wait for them at home; on the usual sofa in the living room.

Hakyeon chuckled a bit. He missed their jokes and teasing a bit more than he thought.

s were noisy and rowdy but always full of joy. There is never a dull moment whenever he was at home and Hakyeon was glad that all six of them agreed to live with one another even after debuting for more than four years.

‘Since they’re gone, that’s even better. Now I can surprise them with these instead~’ Hakyeon thought to himself as he went off to retreat into his room.

He took out the ingredients he bought earlier at the candle shop and started to make them. Not only did he get the new citrus scent for all of them but he also got individual scents that represented each members’ birth flower.

Jaehwan was the sweet-smelling flower that helped to cleanse one’s mind, the Adonis. The scent gave one a feeling of happiness and adoration, just like the cute main vocalist himself.

Wonshik had the Cedar fragrance in which gave off a more woody and spicy scent; it was to give the hard working rapper a warm yet relaxing feeling especially since he’s seldom in the dorms.

Hongbin was the Apple Blossom scent that had a hint of fruitiness and a delicate touch to soothe the younger’s mind especially after going through so much lately. Hakyeon knew that the younger deserved something sweet yet with a bit of reminiscence for the past.

The youngest, Hyuk, doesn’t say much but he’s always been in a lot of stress because he had so much expectation on himself to catch up with the older members. He is cute and kind to anyone, even if he teased the oldest a lot, it was a sign that he cared for Hakyeon just as much as Hakyeon cared for the younger. So, in order to help Hyuk relieve some of his stress and help him sleep more, Hakyeon chose the perfect lavender scent for the younger.

After placing each scent into their respective bottles and labeling them, Hakyeon sat down on his desk and started to write mini thank you cards for each of his precious members.

“Wonshik-ah, don’t frown too much or else people will really think you’re scary even when you’re not. You’re the kindest one of us all and always looked out for me whenever I needed someone to consolidate with. You’re always by my side when I needed someone to talk to and I know that I can always rely on you. You are a great dongsaeng and friend for me. I am glad to have you as my member and hope that we can remain the same forever.”

“Jaehwannie, our Jellyfish Jaehwan-ah~ our cute main vocal of VIXX. Your smiles and laughter always manages to brighten up the mood of our home and whenever I have a tough day. I know I can be quite strict on you at times but you still manage to smile and put up with me. I know you have worked hard in trying to improve and I’m glad to see you making such amazing progress. If you ever need someone to help you with practice, you know I’ll always be there. Never stop smiling okay?”

“Hyogi, Hyogi, Hyogi. Our giant yet adorable maknae. Thank you for always remaining by my side and quietly supporting me. You don’t say it much to me but this hyung knows what you’re thinking about. Those tears and the smile that you gave me when you saw that I have returned told me just how much you care for me. I don’t ask for you to tell me anything more except hope that your support doesn’t change and that you will stand by my side forever because I know I will always. I love you.”

Hakyeon halt a bit before proceeding what to write next. He bit his lips a bit and contemplated with whether or not he should mention the Dark Hakyeon in the next card. But, he knew it was necessary because he was worried that the younger wasn’t as fine as he said he was.

“Kong-ah.”

“To be honest with you, I don’t know how to start thanking you at all. I feel like I don’t tell you enough about how thankful I am to you and the fact that you’ve fought so hard for me all this time. You’ve always told me that even if my decisions were wrong that you would continue staying by my side and supporting me. I thought that you would have a change of heart at first especially when I saw how much you cared for the Dark Hakyeon. But instead, you kept your promise and have only supported me time and time again. That’s why I can’t thank you enough for all that you have done. I really appreciate how much you thought of me and also want to say thank you for your confession. I’m glad to know how you truly feel. If you ever need someone to talk to, know that I will always be there for you and that no matter what your decisions are, this hyung will also support you always. I know that it must be rather strange for you to face me since the Dark Hakyeon and I have the exact same face or body but I just want to let you know that I’ll always be here for you. I won’t leave your side ever. That is my promise to you and the Dark Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon let out a deep sigh and read each card once more. Was it okay to write these messages to each member? Did he sound sincere enough through his words? Did he thank the young members enough for all they have done for this silly hyung of theirs?

Just as he was about to begin writing the last card, the phone rang.

‘Who is this?’ He answered.

‘It’s Soo-ah.’

‘Oh! Hey! How have you been?’

‘Good and you?’

‘Never better. I’m just writing a few thank you cards for my members while they’re away.’

‘It seems like you’ve all been quite busy.’ She said.

‘You bet! The comeback and choreography for this next song is no joke! It’s intense and we even got a few foreign choreographers to come help and help us,’ Hakyeon said in excitement.

‘That’s good to hear.’

‘Oh! By the way, did you get the invitation I sent you the other day?’ He asked her.

‘Mhmm.’

‘Do you think you’ll be able to make it? We haven’t decided on the actual date yet but the members and I would really love it to see you be there. You’ve helped us out so much that we haven’t even been able to thank you properly.’

‘You’re planning on releasing the new song during the concert right?’

‘Yeah, that’s the plan. So can you come?’

‘Hakyeon-ah,’ she said suddenly.

‘Hmm?’

‘Thank you.’

‘For what? I should be thanking you right?’ He became confused.

‘For everything. Really. Not just you but the others as well. You may not realize it yet but you have saved me since the beginning of time and even this time as well. Not only that, but you have saved the balance between light and darkness of this world.’

‘But… I didn’t really do anything except being trapped inside of Dreamscape all this time,’ Hakyeon sighed a bit.

‘No, you did a lot more than you think. You opened the hearts of not only your members but also the two Dark ones as well. You’re the one who helped tie the bonds between your members and the other two. Without you, their fate would haven’t never been form. It’s because they wanted to save you that they were able to be form bonds with both the Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon. Those two were once a great threat to the Heavens but it is because of you that we were also able to learn of their stories and who they really were. If it wasn’t because of this whole incident, both the Heavens and I would have wrongfully judged them and may even mistakenly kill them. It’s true that they have once brought chaos to the worlds but no matter what, they also deserve a second chance. That’s why, I want to thank you and your members before I leave.’

‘Leave? Where are you going?’

‘I must move on. No, I should say, I can finally move on.’

‘What? But…’ Hakyeon wanted to ask further but was a bit worried to do so.

‘Hakyeon-ah. Thank you.’ She said once more. ‘Believe in yourself, Jung Taekwoon will return by your side.’

~

After talking on the phone with Soo-ah, Hakyeon turned around to see that wax on each of the candle have finally finished hardening. He tied the jars with a ribbon and the card to go with each one of them. He went to each of s’ rooms and placed the carefully handmade gifts on the side of their beds.

I really hope they’ll like them. He said.

But then, as he passed by another room, his heart sank a bit.

It was Taekwoon’s room.

Hakyeon wasn’t able to prepare a gift for his friend because he had so much to say that he didn’t even know where to begin or how to write it. Instead of conveying his feelings on a card, Hakyeon wanted to say everything to Taekwoon in person.

He looked at the group photo that was by Taekwoon’s bed with all six of them together. Yes, it was all six of them. With Taekwoon still by their sides. It meant that he is alive somewhere, waiting to come back to their sides.

It was a photo of their first win on a music show for Voodoo Doll. It was the day when even the expression and cold ‘Leo’ shed many tears. Both of the oldest cried the most that day.

Hakyeon have been practicing very hard for their comeback ever since he returned from Dreamscape. He was gone during the entire time the members were busy with ‘Dynamite’, so not only did he have to learn the next title track’s dance but also the previous one. The members and Hakyeon have all decided that they wanted to release the new song to their fans first before going on music shows. It was a way to thank his fans and also because he missed all the thousands of stars that supported him all this time.

But the date of the concert was still undecided. He wanted to make sure that their vocalist returns first before the next comeback.

‘Hakyeon-hyung!’ Jaehwan popped in from the front doors after a full day of work.

‘Welcome back,’ Hakyeon greeted him.

‘I’m so glad to be back! I’m poofed!’ Jaehwan went up to Hakyeon and flopped himself to hug the leader.

‘You’re being a bit too clingy Jaehwan-ah.’

‘Aww~ but you know you like it. I’m just returning the favor since you’re usually the clingy one,’ the cute vocalist giggled in happiness.

‘Are you hungry?’

‘A bit. Let’s order pizza!’

‘You’re going to get chubby before the comeback? No can do.’ Hakyeon laughed. ‘You kids have been ordering nothing but pizza and fried chicken lately that even I’m starting to get chubby cheeks!’

‘But hyung is cuter this way,’ Jaehwan pinched Hakyeon’s puffy cheeks and smiling so happily. ‘By the way, where are the others?’

‘Wonshik went back to the studios to work on something with Hyuk. Hongbin said he went out with Gongchan as well.’

‘… Is Kong all right?’ Jaehwan asked in concern. He knew about the Dark Hakyeon and so did the other members but none of them dared to ask Hongbin how he was feeling because they didn’t want the younger to bring back sad memories.

‘I hope he is. He keeps saying he’s fine but he’s gotten so quiet lately and it’s rather obvious that he spaces out more than usual. I think he just needs some time to adjust. So, let’s keep an eye on him whenever we can okay?’

Jaehwan nodded in agreement.

As Hakyeon was looking around the kitchen to see what he could make for the vocalist to eat, the others ree by one as well.

‘Welcome back.’ He peeked out from the kitchen with his apron still on.

‘Oh no! Hakyeon-hyung is making dinner! Abort! Hide!’ Hyuk exaggerated and pretended to panic.

Wonshik laughed at the younger’s act. ‘Let’s help out so he doesn’t destroy the kitchen.’

‘Says the boy who doesn’t even know how to turn on our stove properly,’ Hakyeon teased.

‘Hakyeon-hyung!!’ Jaehwan suddenly came out rushing from his room with tears in his eyes.

‘Woah there, what’s wrong?’ Hakyeon asked in worry.

‘Hyung!!~~’ Jaehwan glomped tightly at Hakyeon and full of tears. ‘Thank you!’

‘Huh? For what…’

It seems that the latter saw the gift that Hakyeon had left him.

‘No, I should be the one thanking you,’ Hakyeon said with a warm smile and ruffling Jaehwan’s hair to comfort the younger.

Each member also went into their rooms and opened Hakyeon’s gift. They read the letters that the older had written them and was touched by Hakyeon’s deeds. They lined up one by one to give their precious leader a hug. They almost thought that it was too good to be true when they realized that their leader was finally back by their side.

After dinner, the five of them sat down in the living room and talked together about the future. They also told Hakyeon everything that had happened while he was away. They even managed to excite Hakyeon with stories of their fans and friends during previous fansigns. Hakyeon couldn’t wait to be on stage and seeing his fans again. Even though their stars didn’t realize that Hakyeon was away for the past few months, they were still very supportive and Hakyeon was happy as long as they were still smiling brightly.

‘So has the title for the concert been decided yet?’ Hakyeon asked.

‘Not yet. We think… that it’s best if Taekwoon-hyung decides it,’ Wonshik said.

The others nodded.

‘Alright. If you guys think that is the best thing to do, I agree with it as well.’ Hakyeon said.

‘Hyung, um… did you by any chance make a present for Taekwoon-hyung as well?’ Hyuk asked.

Hakyeon shook his head in worries.

‘I didn’t know where to start. I just have so much to say that I got stuck on how to begin. My mind was a mess when I picked up the pen,’ Hakyeon sighed.

‘Hyung, can I possibly suggest something?’

‘What is it?’

‘Taekwoon-hyung’s mom messaged me the other day asking if we could bring her some of Taekwoon-hyung’s photos. Maybe you can bring her the photos and visit them in the mean time? They know about the entire thing already and it’s obvious they’ve been worried about us as well. So, maybe by visiting them, you will know what to write to Taekwoon-hyung before he comes back?’

‘I agree with Hyuk on that one.’ Jaehwan said. ‘We’ve been doing a lot of individual activities in order to hype the public of our comeback but I think you need to relax a bit more. Even Sejun-hyung has agreed to give us a bit of free time before everything is set. Everyone needs time to adjust again and I think going to visit Taekwoon-hyung’s family is the best thing to do. You can even invite them to our concert!’

Wonshik also nodded in agreement. Then, Hakyeon glanced in worry of the quiet Hongbin who sat there listening the entire time.

Hongbin took notice of the worried Hakyeon and gave him a slight smile. I’m fine, go. Though he didn’t say it aloud, it was as if Hakyeon could read what the younger wanted to say.

So, Hakyeon listened to s and followed his heart. He has decided to pay Taekwoon’s home a visit and hope that he will eventually find the words he wishes to say to the latter while he is there.