His Happiness

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

The moon was beautiful that night. The skies were clear and the stars were visibly dancing around the full moon.

Hongbin sat on the chair of their balcony and watched the moon shine upon the dorms alongside the Dark Hakyeon. The younger watched the Dark Hakyeon fall asleep soundly on his shoulders as if there was nothing more that can break this moment they were having together.

As he watched the other sleep so peacefully, Hongbin could not resist to hold tightly onto the other’s hands. There was indeed a faint string that had formed between the two of them. It was there but exactly for how much longer?

Just thinking about the remaining time they may have together, Hongbin’s tears began to fall. He tried to hold his sadness back but the pain his heart was endless.

He knew he had to let go sooner or later but it broke his heart even more to know that there was no other choice after all.

Hongbin forced his eyes to close in order to prevent any more tears from falling while trying to remain strong. He didn’t want to let go of the hand that night nor did he want to see the strings that attached them together to disappear on day.

~

The Dark Hakyeon only pretended to fall asleep.

As he closed his eyes, he could feel Hongbin’s hands shaking with sadness and the younger sobbing in silence. Both of them knew that their relationship would have to end eventually but neither of them could bring themselves to talk about it.

The two simply wanted to cherish whatever time they have left together that night.

You know, I’m thankful for everything you have done for me. You and the others have done so much that even I don’t know if I can ever repay for it all. I’ve committed so much sins in the past yet not only have you forgiven me but also gave me a place where I can finally call home. You’ve opened your arms to let me in your life and falling in love with you was the best thing I could ever ask for. I would want nothing more than to watch you and the others to find happiness once more.

~

Taekwoon wandered around the dark mansion, hoping that he could trust Hakyeon’s words of returning. But it has been awhile and the older have yet to return.

I should’ve went with him… he regretted.

Taekwoon became worried that something might have happened to the other while he went out of the mansion. Just as he was about to leave to look for the other, the large front doors opened. Immediately, Taekwoon rushed down the long stairway to see who it was. The moment he saw Hakyeon return, he became relieved.

‘Hakyeon-ah,’ Taekwoon called out.

Hakyeon looked up at the other.

‘I’m back,’ he said.

But Taekwoon noticed something about the older’s smile. It was weak.

He became worried to see the other like that suddenly and decided to approach him.

‘Did something happen?’ He asked Hakyeon.

‘Hmm? Nothing.’ Hakyeon told him. ‘Are you hungry? Let’s make something to eat? Where’s the kitchen again?’

Taekwoon showed Hakyeon the kitchen and the dining area. He was about to offer to help prepare the food but Hakyeon insisted that he takes the lead instead.

Hakyeon was strangely quiet during the preparations and Taekwoon could tell that something was definitely on the other’s mind yet he was too afraid to ask what it could be. He was just happy that Hakyeon was finally with him.

Despite the grand and spectacular dining room, the meal was rather simple or bland that evening.

There wasn’t much taste to it but Taekwoon could not bring himself to tell the older about it. He saw Hakyeon eating quietly and spacing out in thoughts. The two continued their meals at the dining table and although they were simply sitting across from one another, their distance felt miles apart.

‘Hak-‘ Taekwoon was about to ask what happened during his walk outside.

‘Taekwoon-ah,’ Hakyeon interrupted.

‘Y-yes?’

‘Are you… happy here? In this place?’

‘I… I’m happy as long as you are here,’ Taekwoon didn’t like this eerie place and Dreamscape one bit but this is the only place he could be with Hakyeon and love him with no conditions.

‘If I… if we stay here, what will happen to the others?’

‘Are you worried about them?’

‘Aren’t you?’ Hakyeon asked back. ‘Do you… still hate them for accepting the Dark Hakyeon?’

‘I don’t know,’ he felt conflicted and averted his gaze.

Do you think they’d be happier with the Dark Hakyeon instead?’

Just then, Taekwoon noticed a sad expression on Hakyeon. The other was beginning to doubt himself once more. He was dying to tell Hakyeon that ‘no’, the members would not be happier with the Dark Hakyeon but he couldn’t say those words. He was afraid of Hakyeon wanting to leave again, just when they have finally reunited.

Why can’t I say it… why am I so selfish? Taekwoon felt the heart ache as he saw Hakyeon continue his meal in silence and doubt.

Taekwoon was happy that he was finally able to spend their days and night together. He’s longed for this time for so long and would not dare to ask for more.

Their days within Dreamscape was peaceful because they had one another. If only these days could last forever, was what Taekwoon had thought.

But he noticed that something was missing.

The joys and laughters of the other members. It has been so long since he has heard their voices. It has been too long since he has last seen their smiles. It almost frightened him when he woke up realizing that he could no longer recall how the members looked like.

These peaceful days were beginning to haunt him more than he thought. This dream that brought him both happiness and fears.

‘Hakyeon-ah,’ Taekwoon wanted to call out to the other who was spacing out to the moon again,’ Hak-…’

Taekwoon saw it. That as days went by, Hakyeon became more silent. He no longer forced his smiles to reassure Taekwoon but instead, he kept quiet. He cried alone as he looked out through the windows. Those tears broke Taekwoon apart.

‘Hakyeon-ah,’ he tried to call out again.

The other finally heard his name and noticed Taekwoon standing there. Immediately, he wiped his tears away.

‘What is it?’ Hakyeon tried to smile even if it was just a bit.

Taekwoon could not bear it anymore. He wanted to remain selfish forever and keep Hakyeon here inside of Dreamscape forever but he knew that nothing would bring the other more happiness then returning to the real world and seeing s again.

Hakyeon was desperate for home, for reality and for the warmth of the others he haven’t seen in so long. As much as he yearned for home, Hakyeon could not find it in himself to say it to Taekwoon who had barely recovered from his despair.

And Taekwoon knew that side of Hakyeon too well. The kind and gentle leader of VIXX who was torn between his love and his precious members.

Taekwoon walked up to Hakyeon and saw the remainders of Hakyeon’s tears. He wiped them away.

‘Taekwoon…’ Hakyeon’s voice was raspy and lost as he had probably cried for too long.

‘Don’t look like that. It pains me to see you like this,’ Taekwoon felt the guilt stabbing through his chest.

‘I’m fine. I’ll get used to it eventually,’ Hakyeon lied to himself.

‘But you’re not fine. Look at your eyes. Just how long have you been crying for? How do you plan on crying until if I didn’t find you? Would you cry forever if I didn’t catch you?’

Hakyeon choked. His voice trembled once more and his tears broke out. Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon into his arms. He couldn’t stand it anymore to see his beloved so sad and drowning in sorrows alone.

Hakyeon cried even harder in the other’s arms.

Just how long have you been enduring because of me? Please don't look like this… I only want you to be happy, not sad and crying so hard as you are right now.

‘I’ll be fine. I’ll be fine after this so please, just let me cry a bit longer.’ Hakyeon pleaded. ‘I promise I won’t cry again afterwards.’

‘It’s okay Hakyeon-ah. You can cry for as long as you want but promise me that every ounce of tears you wept today, that you will find more happiness in the future instead. That’s all I need.’

Taekwoon finally realized it.

That Hakyeon’s happiness came before his own. Even if it means for him to let go.

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

The reason why I upload a new chapter based on the 200+ views is because I want the majority of you to catch up with each chapter before I release a new one. Sometimes when I do double updates, people tend to miss one of the chapters so... yeah :)

After this series is over, I'm going to proof-read all three stories... this is going to take me a millennium to go through them all. Honestly, I can't believe I've written so much for my first story ever! I have never written any story before so even I surprised myself tbh.