Another

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

With Taekwoon leading the way, the other members followed closely behind him. The four of them stepped through the door and into the world of darkness.

The magical dream they were in suddenly became a nightmare.

The place that was on the other side of the door was an entirely different world. A place where the darkness and evil ruled the world.

The fog thickened again and the forest has completely withered away. Unknown and eerie voices could be heard, and the cries crept throughout.

'Wh-what the heck was that? Where are we?' Jaehwan coward away behind Hyuk.

Wonshik also clenched his fists nervously and remained rather silent more than ever. He was on full alert with his surroundings and flinched away from the sight of moths and spiders that crawled beneath his feet. He too, also hid behind the tall maknae.

The moist and muddy grounds made it hard for the boys to walk through them but they had one thing in mind and that was to quickly make it out of this terrifying place.

As they continued to walk cautiously through the path, they heard water splashes ahead. Eventually, they came across a cliff and as they looked down, they saw a rapid flowing stream carrying the lost souls to a place unknown.

The members trembled in fear.

'This is really bad. We really need to find a way to leave before we become one of them...' Wonshik said.

'But where to? We don't even know where we are anymore.' Hyuk said.

'Look! There's a bridge over there!' Jaehwan pointed.

'This thing looks like it'll fall apart...' Wonshik said worryingly as they reached for the bridge.

'Definitely not safe.' Hyuk commented.

Taekwoon also nodded in agreement.

'Then, what should we do?' Jaehwan asked.

The four of them were troubled and the cries from the river did not help settling down their uneasy feeling.

'Try to make it across with your mind.' Soo-ah suddenly said.

'Soo-ah?!! Where the heck were you?' Wonshik shouted.

'It seems like there was an interference between us just now. Are you all okay?' She asked.

'Yeah. But we don't know where we are right now.'

'I do.'

'You do?' Hyuk asked.

'Mhmm. That is the Underworld. But only a replica of it in the Dreamscape.'

'The Underworld...' The boys gulped nervously.

'That place... I will never forget it. But you guys are still inside of Dreamscape. Don't let your fears control your minds. Stay focus and think.' She said.

The boys nodded and slowly, they tried to calm their mind and meditate themselves.

'Do not let the nightmares consume you.'

Then, together, they created a strong and sturdy bridge that crossed to the other side of the river. They were in a dream and as long as they were in control of their thoughts, anything was possible.

Finally, the four of them made it across the river.

'Phew! That was nerve wrecking!' Jaehwan exclaimed.

'Tell me about it.' Wonshik sighed in relief. His legs were still feeling weak from the experience.

'So now what?'

'There must be a reason why the door led you all to the Underworld. Try to look around town as well as the mansion where the Ruler of the Underworld used to live in.' Soo-ah suggested

'The mansion of the previous Taekwoon-hyung?' Hyuk asked.

'Yes.'

Still highly guarded, the four of them made their way towards the town with Soo-ah's instructions. Though they were still nervous, the four of them felt more courage knowing that they could still use their powers and the fact that the four of them were together.

Soon after, they discovered the town nearby and went to it. But something wasn't feel quite right the moment they stepped inside of town. It was strangely quiet as if nobody lived there.

It was a ghost town.

'Where is everyone?' Jaehwan asked.

'There's no one in this shop either hyung.' Hyuk said as he went inside one store after another to see if there was a single soul around.

'None here either.' Wonshik said on the other side.

'Does no one live here or something?' Jaehwan asked again.

'Remember, you guys are still in Dreamscape. It's not that strange to have an empty setting in someone else's dreams.' Soo-ah told them.

'I see. But this makes me feel uneasy.'

The other also agreed.

'No one is around and it doesn't seem like we can get out of this Underworld either. At least, not until something changes in our setting right?' Wonshik asked.

'Yes.' Soo-ah replied.

The members tried to see if their minds could erase this imagery of the Underworld with their imagination but it did not work. Something was preventing them from taking control of the situation.

'So what now?' Jaehwan asked.

'Let's go over to that hill and see if we can find anything in that mansion.' Taekwoon pointed.

'Is that where the Ruler used to live?'

'Mhmm.'

'Then maybe we can even find Hakyeon-hyung there!' Hyuk said.

The possibility made the others even more anxious to quickly go there. The members hurriedly ran towards the hill but as they were exiting the town, a mysterious figure appeared from the fog.

'Who...?' Hyuk tried to squint his eyes and see who the silhouette was.

As they got a bit closer, the figure became clearer and very familiar.

'Hakyeon-hyung!!'

The members saw Hakyeon standing in front of their very eyes. This time, it wasn't the boy that was reading in front of the door from earlier but a fully grown Hakyeon in which they could all recognize.

'You guys...' Hakyeon turned to the members running towards him.

'It's really you hyung!' Jaehwan almost teared up and ran closer towards the leader until he was halted by Taekwoon.

'Wait.' Taekwoon blocked the younger's path.

'What's wrong hyung?'

'That's not... Hakyeon.'

'Huh? What are you talking about? That's definitely Hakyeon-hyung!'

Taekwoon walked to the front of the members and guarded them.

'You're the other Cha Hakyeon aren't you?' He asked.

There was a moment of silence and the face on Hakyeon could not be read. Until a moment after, Hakyeon glared straight at them. The murderous atmosphere suddenly appeared and gave the young members quite a fright and nightmare. The Cha Hakyeon whom stood in front of them was definitely not their leader but rather, it is the Dark Hakyeon instead.

'How did you all get here?' Hakyeon began to interrogate them.

'Give us back our hyung!' Hyuk shouted angrily.

'Your Hakyeon?' He snorted. 'Don't joke with me. It's already too late.'

'What do you mean?' Wonshik asked.

'He doesn't want to return. So he's going to stay here forever instead. So get out of this dream so I can take over again!' Hakyeon screamed at them.

'As long as Hongbin and I are on this side, the Dark Hakyeon won't be able to wake up anytime soon.' Soo-ah said as she saw what was happening on her side.

'That voice! Who are you?! Where are you hiding from?!' The Dark Hakyeon got confused and raged as he could not find where Soo-ah was hiding. 'Come out right this instance!'

'You know who I am but at the same time you don't. Hakyeon's body doesn't belong to you. Return him while you still have a chance to.' Soo-ah warned.

'Return him? Don't kid with me. Don't think such an empty threat will make me feel scared. This body is MINE! He's the fake one, not me!'

'We want our Hakyeon-hyung back! Give him back to us!' Hyuk pleaded.

'Never! Never! NEVER!'

The Dark Hakyeon's anger drew out an intense amount of dark energy and pushed the boys backwards. The members stumbled and fell towards the ground.

'If you won't give him back then we'll just have to take him back by force instead!' Wonshik said.

He drew out his powers as a witch and casted a spell barrier around him and the other members. He chanted a spell that created a ring of fire around the Dark Hakyeon.

'What the- how?!' The Dark Hakyeon was surprised to see Wonshik's powers.

With Hakyeon lowering his guards from being surprised at Wonshik's strength, the other three surrounded him immediately and casted their powers as well. Though they knew they were still weak compared to the Dark one, they were ready to fight with all they've got as long as it meant bringing back their Cha Hakyeon.

Then, the Dark Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon who also stood in front of him, ready to attack him as well.

'How could you? How can you do this to me as well? After all the love I gave you?' Hakyeon questioned him, it was obvious he felt betrayed.

'I don't want to do this either but I can not let you continue to take over Hakyeon's body like this. Return him to us please.' Taekwoon said.

'Cha Hakyeon this... Cha Hakyeon that... it's always about him! How can you all do this to me?! HE'S THE UGLY ONE NOT ME!' The Dark Hakyeon's powers grew tremendously as his rage heightened. Then, he began to charge at the members with all the powers he's got.

'Watch out!' Wonshik pushed Jaehwan to the side and protecting the older with his barrier.

'Thanks.' Jaehwan said and the four of them stuck closely to another in order to fight against the Dark Hakyeon.

This Hakyeon's hatred and feeling of betrayal made his powers grow. His dark powers were destroying their environment completely as buildings were catching on fire, falling apart and turning into rubbles.

The members tried to dodge out of the way and defend themselves to the best of their abilities. Though they have never fought like this before, it almost felt natural to them now that they were in an unavoidable situation.

But as the battle continued, Taekwoon noticed something about this Hakyeon. Something about what the latter had said earlier in which he could not shake his mind off of.

Ugly one? Taekwoon could see the rage in this Hakyeon's eyes but at the same time, he could tell that this Hakyeon was heartbroken with his betrayal. But it wasn't just because Taekwoon betrayed him but also the other members as well. But why? Didn't he hate the others too?

Taekwoon wanted to confirm something.

'Wonshik-ah,' Taekwoon called out to the younger.

'What is it hyung? We're kind of busy right now.' Wonshik replied as he tried to dodge the Dark Hakyeon's powers from reaching him.

'Do you have any good binding spells in that notebook of yours?'

'Huh?'

'I need you to hold him down for a bit. I need to ask him something so don't hurt him.'

'It's more like he's trying to kill us instead! But... fine, I got it. Back me up while I look through the book.' Wonshik said.

'Got it.' Taekwoon replied. 'Jaehwan! Hyuk! Back up Wonshik as much as we can, there's something I must confirm.'

Jaehwan and Hyuk looked at the older's questionable actions but obeyed.

The Dark Hakyeon's instincts knew that the members were up to no good and tried to aim his attacks at Wonshik but with the other three protecting the latter, none of his attacks could reach.

'Found it!' Wonshik signalled to the others and started to cast a spell. 'I just need to get a bit closer.'

The four of them charged towards Hakyeon together all at once and Hakyeon backed away from feeling threatened by the approaching members. Soon, he was cornered and could only fight forwards.

Wonshik saw Hakyeon stumble and troubled at the situation. In that split second, Wonshik saw the advantage and casted the spell immediately. Chains warped from shadows on the ground and wrapped around the Dark Hakyeon's body.

His entire body was bound down by powerful chains that prevented him from attacking the other members.

'Ahh!!' Hakyeon screamed from the pain of being tightly bound by the spell.

He was immobilized.

'Let me go!!'

'What now hyung?' Wonshik asked Taekwoon.

'Leave it to me.' Taekwoon said as he approached the Dark Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was trying to get away but the chains were too strong and because he has yet to recover his powers completely, he could not do anything. Though this Hakyeon was still strong inside of Dreamscape, he was not as nearly as powerful as he used to be.

'Get away from me!' Hakyeon screamed at Taekwoon as he saw the other approaching him.

'I'm not going to hurt you.' Taekwoon said.

'Liar! You're all liars! Get away from me!'

Taekwoon knelt towards the Dark Hakyeon and tried to calmly talk with the latter.

'Hakyeon-ah,' Taekwoon called out his name.

'Hyung?! What are you doing? Don't get too close to him, he's dangerous.' Wonshik worried.

Jaehwan and Hyuk was also worried and watched the older from behind. Taekwoon signalled them to stop.

'It's okay guys.' Taekwoon said.

'But-' Jaehwan was concerned.

'It's okay. He isn't going to hurt us. So don't use your powers and relax.' Taekwoon instructed the other members.

Not knowing what Taekwoon is up to but still, the other three obliged and stepped back.

'You... you're the real Cha Hakyeon aren't you? Or should I say, the very first one.'