Realize

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

It’s all your fault. Every single one of you!

Taekwoon who was eventually separated from s ended up encountering the Dark Taekwoon alone.

‘Who was the one that drove him to the end and ended up escaping here in Dreamscape?’ The Dark Taekwoon asked. ‘It was YOU!’

The Dark Taekwoon pointed at rage towards the fallen Taekwoon. Despite his injuries, the Dark Taekwoon was not going to let his other half leave this nightmare alone.

‘Why did you say those things to him? Do you not know how much your words hurt him?’

‘I didn’t mean to…’ Taekwoon’s voice began to shake, his legs felt weak from realization.

‘You didn’t mean to? Ha! Lies! Then why didn’t you apologize to him when you had the chance? Instead, you dragged on the misunderstanding and made the situation even worst!’

‘I…’

‘If it wasn’t for your cruel and hurtful words, me nor the Dark Hakyeon would have had the advantage to take over. You gave us the opportunity, you’re the one that drove Cha Hakyeon into despair!’

Taekwoon could not fight back.

The Dark Taekwoon was right.

Why didn’t the vocalist apologize to Hakyeon the instant everything had happened and when he accidently said the things he didn’t mean to say? How did they fall apart like that and even to the point of arguing in front of the younger members?

‘See?’ The Dark Taekwoon smirked. ‘You’re just as horrible as I am. You’re just like me!’

‘I… I’m not.’ Taekwoon tried to deny.

‘But you are. Selfish, egotistical and possessive.’

‘What are you saying? How am I-‘

‘You knew from the start that your presence is special to Hakyeon. You knew that he would pay extra attention to you because of your quiet personality. Even though you’re the same age as him, he paid more attention to you then all the younger members because he couldn’t leave you alone. I know you’re not as dumb as the others. You knew from the start that if you were to keep your silence, Hakyeon would stay by your side forever and give you everything you wanted.’

Taekwoon was speechless. The other might be correct.

He began to realize something he wished he didn’t. He began to realize something that he tried so hard to deny all this time.

Taekwoon might have enjoyed the attention after all. Yet, he would never dare admit it.

Trust? Taekwoon being unable to trust others nor Hakyeon was just an excuse for his personality. A lame excuse.

Maybe ever since the moment they met, Taekwoon knew that Hakyeon was the type to approach two times forward for every step you take back. While others only knew how to avoid Taekwoon, Hakyeon only knew how to close the distance between them.

But when Hakyeon confessed to Taekwoon, even he was taken back. It was something he could not predict especially for someone as ‘people-loving’ as Cha Hakyeon, he did not expect the other to turn so shy in order to confess. However, Taekwoon didn’t say anything. He kept quiet rather than accepting the confession right away. Hakyeon was more eager to wait for the answer than he was to hear for a reply and Taekwoon decided to take advantage of that.

Taekwoon’s silence only meant that Hakyeon would remain at his side to hear for a reply, waiting forever.

After all, Cha Hakyeon is faithful, loyal and persistent.

‘But I didn’t mean to hurt him…’ Taekwoon felt guilty.

‘But you still did.’ The Dark Taekwoon looked at the other in a cold and unsentimental expression.

‘I thought that I was protecting him… from the world,’ he tried to defend himself.

‘By calling him disgusting? By pushing him away like that? Your silence was a lot better than the harsh, cold words that came out of your mouth. You words could have killed him.’

Taekwoon choked.

He was a ‘murderer’. His words was like a sharp knife that jab straight through of Hakyeon, his sole victim.

If only he had kept quiet the entire time and was more sensitive to what he was saying, Hakyeon would have remained quietly and happily by his side even without ever hearing an answer. But the moment Taekwoon opened his mouth, everything fell apart.

The same mouth that sang such beautiful tunes became a weapon that almost killed his lifelong friend.

The two of them have never once had a seriously fight with one another nor were there any reasons for a fight to begin with because they were just too different. Even if they didn’t agree with something, one of them would just give way to the other or do things separately from each other. When they did have a fight, it would be a small one because they would give the other space until the other eventually gives in and reconcile.

But when Taekwoon suddenly called his lifelong friend ‘disgusting’, there was no turning back.

Instead, neither of them was able to turn back. Their problems got worse and even the other members were well aware that something was wrong with the two same-aged friends.

Hakyeon eventually distanced himself even more. Unlike before, Hakyeon no longer said much in front of others because he was too afraid to approach anyone. He was insecure because of the words that his crush had said to him. He grew quiet, as if he was someone else. He took on other jobs in order to promote himself as an individual, as ‘Cha Hakyeon’ rather than VIXX’s leader ‘N’.

It was as if, he was beginning to lose faith as being a part of the group.

Taekwoon knew how much his words had hurt the other. Every night, Hakyeon’s broken expression would haunt him in his dreams and he would wake up drowning in fear. Yet, even when the morning came, he could not bring himself to apologize.

If only Taekwoon had taken the initiative to step up and apologize, they could have reconciled and none of this chaos would have happened to begin with. Hakyeon is rather forgiving right? So, if Taekwoon had just apologized, everything would have gone back to normal and they could still be friends.

But…

Friends?

No. Taekwoon couldn’t go back to being friends anymore with Hakyeon. He didn’t want that. He didn’t want to be just ‘friends’ with Hakyeon anymore, he desired much more than that.

He initially tried to take his steps slow and change himself for Hakyeon. He apologized to the other and cared for Hakyeon to make up for his harsh words and personality. He thought he could reconcile with the other and go back to normal. But something wasn’t right.

Something about being just lifelong ‘friends,’ with Hakyeon just wasn’t right to Taekwoon. He could not stand it.

~

After his confrontation with the Dark Taekwoon, Taekwoon eventually lost faith in his rescue mission. He didn’t know if him rescuing Hakyeon would help the other or only hurt him more. So, he decided to stay within Dreamscape.

His stay inside of the dream made him realize something. What is the meaning of returning to the world if that world did not have Cha Hakyeon? His Cha Hakyeon.

The Dark Taekwoon helped Taekwoon stay inside of the eerie replica of the Underworld to watch over the leader but forbid him from approaching Hakyeon at all cost.

‘You will only end up hurting him if you get close,’ the Dark Taekwoon said to him as the both of them watched Hakyeon who was still unconscious inside of the cage.

He’s right. I’ll only end up hurting you again. Taekwoon thought.

Days went by within Dreamscape and both Taekwoons watched Hakyeon who eventually woke up, struggle alone to get out of the cage. It was an obviously useless attempt to break away from the hard metal cage but the leader insisted on getting out.

The Dark Taekwoon taunted Hakyeon, trying to make him lose his faith in escaping and even showed him a reflection of how much the other members were happy with the Dark Hakyeon and not their leader. That way, Hakyeon would give up on returning to the real world and stay here inside of Dreamscape instead.

Even Taekwoon who trapped himself inside of the mansion, watched that reflection alone in his room that was only accompanied by the darkness. He was worried about s at first because of his sudden disappearance, so the Dark Taekwoon allowed him to see what was going on in the real world.

But after a few days, he could not bare to watch any further. The more he watched the younger members accept the Dark Hakyeon in their lives, the more Taekwoon resented both the Dark Hakyeon and s.

How can you all accept him so easily? What about Hakyeon? What about your leader, the one who have been with you all these years? Are you going to throw him away now?

Taekwoon shattered the mirror in front of him in anger with a hard object he grabbed nearby. He was furious.

It’s all his fault that Hakyeon became this way in the first place… he took Hakyeon away from me!

Despite knowing the Dark Hakyeon’s story and trying to tell himself to forgive, Taekwoon couldn’t in the end. If he had gone back to the real world with the others, it meant that the Cha Hakyeon who was going to be next to him was the Dark Hakyeon and not the same Hakyeon he’s known to love.

How would Taekwoon be able to face that Dark one at all? He would have to act as if nothing was wrong, care for the other with his fake kindness, until he goes mad and possibly even wanting to kill the Dark Hakyeon.

~

Day after day, Taekwoon would walk to the front of the throne room doors and stand there. He desired to go inside to see Hakyeon but at the same time, too afraid to do so.

Then, as Taekwoon wandered the halls of the mansion aimlessly one day, he came across a basement hidden far away from everything else. He went inside by accident but was curious as the same time to see what was there. As he opened the door to the room, he discovered walls covered with not just one, but several or even hundreds of mirrors.

Those mirrors reflected other people’s dreams.

They were dreams of strangers and dreams of even people who Taekwoon knew of. As he reached curiously onto one of the mirrors, his hand sunk in.

Taekwoon was shocked.

He was able to freely enter someone elses’s dream as he pleased by just stepping inside of one of the mirrors. Is this how the Dark Taekwoon was able to have such control over the entirety of Dreamscape?

‘Are you curious?’ The Dark Taekwoon sudden appeared from behind him, leaning on the door. But he did not seem angry nor was he alarmed.

‘What is all of this?’ Taekwoon decided to ask.

‘It’s just as it seems.’ The other approached closer. ‘ This is Dreamscape.’

‘Huh? Aren’t we inside of it already?’

‘Only a part of it. This world, no, this dimension is a place created by the dreams of all living things. As one person is born, the mirror to their dreams is born as well. As long as a person has dreams, this place exists. These mirrors are the fragments that make Dreamscape whole. Hakyeon’s dream is only a small fraction of the billions of other Dreamscapes there are in this universe.’

‘But why is this here?’

‘…’

Just then, Taekwoon noticed a strange and sullen expression on the Dark Taekwoon. His eyes grew lonely and lost, just like Taekwoon himself.

‘Because this is the only place where I can feel whole again…’ he said

~

‘Whole again? ‘Hakyeon asked his lifelong friend as the two sat together on the steps by the fallen King’s throne. ‘What does he mean?’

Taekwoon looked at the lonely throne behind them.

‘He’s disappearing.’ Taekwoon finally said.

‘W-what?’

‘He’s different from all of us and also from the Dark Hakyeon.’

‘Different? How so? I thought both of them are born from the darkness.’

Taekwoon shook his head.

‘The Dark Hakyeon was originally born as a part of the darkness. He was an original to begin with and he existed since the beginning but the Dark Taekwoon… he was created by the darkness. A creation without its master will eventually disappear from the world, without anyone to remember.’

‘Without his master? Who?’

‘The very first Jung Taekwoon.’

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

I have nothing to comment about tbh but STREAM STREAM STREAM! Let's aim for 5million views on YouTube before the 24th okay?