Once More

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘Hakyeon-ah,’ Taekwoon tried to call out to the older.

But Hakyeon did not respond.

He knew exactly what the older was thinking about as usual. But just like Hakyeon had promised, he no longer knew how to shed the tears.

As if, he had already cried enough for his tears to dry up completely.

He looked so lifeless within Dreamscape as he continued to long for reality and for home.

Taekwoon grabbed Hakyeon’s wrists and had the other follow him somewhere.

‘Where are we going?’ Hakyeon asked.

‘Just come,’ Taekwoon said.

Down the dark empty halls and through the eerie silence, Taekwoon eventually brought him into the secret basement of the mansion. As he opened the door to that room, Hakyeon felt unsettled to step inside.

‘Let’s go back upstairs,’ Hakyeon tried to convince Taekwoon.

‘It’s fine. Come.’ Taekwoon led Hakyeon into the room and showed him the billions of mirror fragments that made up Dreamscape. Each mirror was a reflection of someone’s dreams.

Then, Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon forward.

‘Go,’ he told Hakyeon.

‘W-what? Go where?’ Hakyeon didn’t understand.

‘Follow through this mirror and you’ll be back home.’

‘What? But what about you?’

‘I… only one of us can get through. Once you step into the otherside, you should be back home and be able to retain your body once more.’ Taekwoon explained.

‘No! I’m not going anywhere without you! Are you just telling me to leave you behind?!’ Hakyeon fought back as he finally understood the situation.

‘Hakyeon-ah. Have you seen yourself lately? You’ve gotten so much skinnier than before, barely eating or sleeping. You always look like you want to cry but trying so hard to hold back your tears every time especially when I’m around. You’re obviously suffering and dying to go back home. So just go.’ Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon forward once more.

‘No no no! I’m not leaving you! If I’m going back, you’re coming with me as well!’

Hakyeon struggled to go any further even though Taekwoon insisted that he leaves alone.

The desperate expression on Hakyeon made Taekwoon pull him close, one more time.

He caressed the leader’s face gently and looked deep into the other’s sorrowful eyes.

‘I can’t bear to see you so lifeless like this anymore. As selfish as I am to wanting to keep you here with me, it pains me more to see you cry and hurt. Your tears should be coming from something happy not sad. I don’t want to keep you trapped here and away from everything you love. I love you Cha Hakyeon. Too much that I can’t keep hurting you like this.’

‘But I can’t… not without you…’ Hakyeon couldn’t hold back his tears. ‘We’ve come so far to be together, are you telling me to just abandon you now? Please, come home with me.’

‘I can’t. My heart isn’t ready to accept or forgive. Even if I try, reality will only reject me. As much as I want to be with you, I can’t accept the life back on the other side,’ Taekwoon told him.

‘Taekwoon…’

‘Please, don’t cry anymore. Not for me.’

Taekwoon kissed Hakyeon deeply while his tears streamed down his cheeks. He won’t forget it, this warmth, this touch and the happiness he once received from the boy named Cha Hakyeon.

Until he learns to forgive and accept, Taekwoon cannot go back. So, he decided to let go first.

‘Taek-!’

He pushed Hakyeon away and through the mirror the other fell into.

‘I’m sorry that I love you but you are truly the best thing there ever was for me. I was just too blinded by everything that I ended up binding you to me so selfishly. But I won’t ever forget it, even until the end of time that I will love you still.’

~

With the six of them finally being able to create such a strong bond together, it was time to get back into the world of dreams and endless possibilities.

But before they were ready to leave for Dreamscape one more time, there were words that has to be said.

‘It seems like you’ve forgiven the Dark Taekwoon,’ the Dark Hakyeon said to the younger.

‘If even Hyogi has forgiven him, why can’t I?’ Hongbin laughed as he saw the Dark Taekwoon following the youngest around and running Hyuk’s errands.

‘So, before you leave, make sure you clean this room nice and tidy okay?’ Hyuk pointed and directed the Dark Taekwoon.

The older sighed. He can only obey as he went around the dorms and making sure the place was spotless.

‘Aren’t you teasing him too much? Even Taekwoon-hyung never cleans his room,’ Wonshik leaned in to whisper to Hyuk.

‘Shh. It’s just so fun teasing him. I didn’t think he would be so gullible,’ the younger replied in amusement as he watched the Dark Taekwoon running around cleaning up the place.

‘Poor guy,’ Jaehwan joined in.

Hongbin could see how much fun the others were having while teasing the Dark Taekwoon. Even the Dark Hakyeon beside him was enjoying the situation. Who would have thought that the all mighty Dark Taekwoon would have such a day?

‘Come,’ Hongbin pulled the Dark Hakyeon to the side.

‘Hmm?’

Hongbin looked at the Dark Hakyeon and gave him a sudden kiss which made the older blush. After his tender kisses, Hongbin held tightly onto the other, once more.

‘Thank you,’ he suddenly said.

‘For what?’

‘For existing.’

~

The Dark Taekwoon has never in his entire life, cleaned up after anyone especially not for mortals. But for some reason, he couldn’t disobey the younger’s commands. He felt guilty for all he’s done and it was only right that he’d try to correct his mistakes.

He was tired though. His back felt like it was going to split apart after doing chores for hours. He decided to flop down onto the carpet to relax a bit.

The almighty Dark Taekwoon, me, doing chores for a bunch of kids who are millenniums younger than me… what am I doing? He sighed deeply.

‘Are we slacking off now?’ Hyuk suddenly appeared and caught him.

‘Uh…I…’ the Dark Taekwoon, caught in the act couldn’t held but stutter trying to come up with an excuse.

‘Pfft!’ Hyuk couldn’t hold back his laughter anymore. ‘You should take a look at yourself. You’re completely flustered!’

The Dark one was embarrassed. It hurt his pride a bit to be treated this way but as he saw the maknae laugh so happily, he couldn’t say anything.

‘Here,’ Hyuk handed a bottle of their leader’s favorite banana milk to him. ‘Hakyeon-hyung used to drink this all the time whenever he can.’

‘Why are you giving it to me?’

‘For all you hard work,’ Hyuk smiled. ‘Take it.’

‘Thanks.’

The milk was delicious and strangely addicting. Who would have thought to make a beverage such as this? At least not back in the older days. It’s so unusual yet the sweetness was so refreshing.

‘How much time do you have left?’ Hyuk asked. ‘Did it get worst?’

The Dark Taekwoon nodded.

‘Once you disappear, will you really be gone forever?’ He continued.

‘Most likely.’

‘There’s no other way?’

‘It’s fine. This body never belonged to me in the first place and yet, I was still able to control it. It’s already a miracle for me to have lasted this long.’

‘I see…’

‘I just worry about Jung Taekwoon.’

‘Hyung?’

‘As you know, this body actually belongs to him. By switching me in his place, it means that his body is also disappearing as well. If he never switched with me, I would probably disappear inside of Dreamscape without any one of you noticing. He knows very well what would happen if I took his place yet he still insisted on taking the risk. That’s why we need to go back into Dreamscape and persuade him to come back. If not, not only will I be gone forever but so will Taekwoon.’

Hyuk gulped.

‘Then, we really can’t waste time,’ the others joined in. ‘We can’t let Taekwoon-hyung just vanish like this.’

‘But are you really okay about this?’ Hyuk wonders.

‘I have already experienced life and freedom for what it is. You have given me a taste of existence and being able to tell the world of my story. I was able to gain such precious memories and learned emotions that I was never born with. It’s because of you guys that I finally know what it means to feel whole and completed. I spent centuries in search of meaning in my life but I was never able to until I met you all.’

Hyuk couldn’t resist but gave the Dark Taekwoon a big warm hug.

‘I don’t know what happens after you disappear but I hope that no matter what happens, that you will go to a place where you can fully experience life just like the Dark Hakyeon-hyung!’

‘Thanks.’

‘What’s this? A group hug?’ Jaehwan asked. ‘Let me join in too!’

Jaehwan bounced onto the two for a big hug and pulled in Wonshik from the side as well.

The four of them started to laugh together and happy chatters returned to the dorms. Though it should have been a sad day for them, they were enjoying the moment they have together much more.

~

‘After we get inside of Dreamscape, we need to find Hakyeon-hyung’s mirror immediately. There isn’t time to waste so we must stick together until the end okay?’ Hongbin instructed.

‘Will you be okay Kong-ah?’ Jaehwan asked. ‘It’s your first time going through.’

‘Yeah, if it wasn’t thanks to Soo-ah’s help, you wouldn’t be able to go inside. You sure you can handle it?’ Wonshik worried.

‘I’m fine. Anyways, since the Dark Taekwoon knows the way around, we need to follow him closely behind and don’t get lost. Don’t let your mind wander and just stay focus okay?’ Hongbin reassured them.

The others nodded.

The six of them gathered around together and held tightly onto each other’s hands. The string of fate bound them tightly to one another.

‘Dreamscape is a strange place where the most unexpected things can happen. With my powers disappearing as well, even I can’t predict what will happen when we enter so we need to be cautious,’ the Dark Taekwoon said.

‘Understood,’ Hyuk nodded.

Then, the six of them looked at each other once more before they closed their eyes.

Slowly, drifting calmly once more…

Peacefully and lightly flowing through the worlds and away from reality.

Dreamscape, one last time.