Goodbye

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

The members wandered about Dreamscape in search for their missing member, Hongbin. But even after walking around for a long time, they were unable to find the younger neither were they able to find Hakyeon or Taekwoon. They became more worried as time went by.

But it wasn’t just Hongbin that they were worried about.

It was also the Dark Taekwoon.

The other’s time was running out.

His body was disappearing more rapidly than they has presumed. Even his clothes could no longer hide the fact that his body was becoming transparent.

They thought that by entering Dreamscape one more time that it would help to slow down the process and stop time from ticking. But it was not the case at all.

‘For the time-being, we need to regroup with Hongbin. We’ve searched the entire mansion already and still no sign of neither Taekwoon-hyung or Hakyeon-hyung. We have to make sure that Kong is all right before anything since this is his first time in Dreamscape,’ Wonshik said.

Though they tried to be confident with Hongbin’s safety, they still wanted to make sure that the younger was all right. They grew restless at how unpredictable Dreamscape was and needed the reassurance.

After wandering the halls several more times and running into a dead end, the Dark Taekwoon decided it was time to go downstairs. That was the only place they have yet to check.

The basement that kept all the secrets of Dreamscape.

The staircase down the steps were long and endless. The members only heard of such a place from the Dark one but have never seen it for themselves.

‘We’re here.’ The Dark Taekwoon opened the door for the others.

As the members stepped into the room, they were astonished by the amounts of mirrors that filled the rooms.

They came in different forms and sizes, some were big and some were small. The basement of the mansion was a massive room filled with nothing but millions of mirrors; fragments of Dreamscape.

They were in awe as they looked around.

‘This is incredible,’ Jaehwan gasped.

‘This is how you were able to travel from one dream to another?’ the Dark Hakyeon asked as this was also the first time he’s been in this room.

‘Yeah. From this room, I can see everything that goes on inside of others’ dreams. Even the Gods. Even though I had the ability to go into other dreams, I didn’t find a point in it. Even if I went inside and took over their bodies, those bodies are not who I am,’ the Dark Taekwoon said.

‘This place is amazing but… isn’t this also very dangerous? What if you get trapped inside of someone’s dream and can’t get back out?’ Wonshik asked.

‘You’re right. It is dangerous.’

‘But how did you manage to find this place?’ Hyuk asked.

‘I once met an old man back inside of Limbo who told stories of Dreamscape. He once wandered into this endless world himself but as the end of his time grew near, he lost that ability. Instead, he told stories of his adventure to the others inside of Limbo. Most did not believe in his tales but I was bored at the time and so, I decided to confirm the stories myself. Eventually, the door to this world opened for me.’

The Dark Taekwoon walked up to the front at a seemingly large mirror compared to all the other fragments. He uncovered the large structure to reveal a large mirror that showed an image of both terror and fear.

Limbo.

Screams and cries could be heard in an instant and as the members watched, they also trembled in fear.

‘That’s… Limbo?’ Hyuk was in disbelief.

Both the Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon’s worried expression confirmed it. They felt uneasy and terrified just by the sight of the place.

‘That is definitely Limbo. The different levels of torture and punishment depending on the crimes you committed when you’re alive… a place where your fate was waiting to be decided…’ the Dark Hakyeon commented,’ but why haven’t you shown me this place?’

‘I didn’t what you to see it. Even I can’t bear to look at this place again. After leaving Limbo, there was no point in looking back. I know very well that neither of us would want to turn back.’ The Dark Taekwoon told him.

The Dark Taekwoon who found himself in control of Dreamscape was able to summon the mirrors to another’s dream at will. Eventually, when he reunited with the Dark Hakyeon inside of Limbo, he knew he was able to help the both of them escape.

Just then, Jaehwan noticed something.

‘Look! That’s-!’ Jaehwan pointed towards one of the mirrors.

A small mirror was looming in darkness and cracking from the edges.

They finally found him. One of the people they were trying to seek.

It was the group’s vocalist, Jung Taekwoon.

‘Where is that place?!’ Jaehwan asked.

‘That’s the Forest of Nightmares. But why is he there?’ the Dark Taekwoon wondered.

‘We need to get him back!’ Hyuk said.

‘Wait! What about Hongbin?’ the Dark Hakyeon was worried.

They looked at one another, not knowing which path they should take and who to find first.

Just then, the Dark Taekwoon suggested something.

‘You and the rest go find Jung Taekwoon while I try to find Lee Hongbin.’ He said.

‘What? By yourself? What if something happens to you?’ the Dark Hakyeon asked.

‘Yeah! I don’t think it’s a good idea to get separated.’ Jaehwan said.

‘I’ll be alright. Jung Taekwoon needs you all. And only the Dark Hakyeon can guide you through the rest of Dreamscape. I’ll definitely find Lee Hongbin and bring him back to you. Believe in me,’ the Dark one told them. ‘You guys must find Taekwoon before it’s too late.’

‘But-‘

‘Go!’ the Dark Taekwoon sent them on their way and pointed them towards the Forest of Nightmares.

~

‘Will he really be all right?’ Jaehwan asked as they ran towards the direction of the forest.

‘We can only have hope and believe in him.’ Wonshik replied. ‘Stay close together okay?’

After reaching the bridge, the members carefully made their way across the River Styx.

The boys went into the Forest of Nightmares in search for their vocalist. They forest was withered in grey and surrounded with vines as if it was barricading everything from within and keeping others out.

As they rustled deep into the forest, they found a path that led them to where they needed to be. Moments later, they found the end of the path and ended up in a barren surrounding where a single large tree stood tall at the center. The branches were aged and dug deep into the grounds as if it was swallowing everything from its surrounding.

‘Let’s go,’ Wonshik instructed.

The members followed with caution and as they approached the tree, they finally saw him.

It almost felt like forever since they have last seen him.

‘Taekwoon-hyung!’ Hyuk cried out as soon as he caught sight of the older.

Taekwoon was standing there, in front of the large tree; seemingly lost and alone. As he turned around to see who was calling for his name, he was shocked to see his fellow members, Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hyuk.

And to his surprise, Hakyeon who he thought he had pushed away back into the real world.

‘Why…’ Taekwoon was bewildered.

‘Taekwoon-hyung!’ Jaehwan almost wanted to cry in joy as he finally got to see the older vocalist.

As the members approached him, he stepped back with caution.

‘No! Get away from me!’ He shouted.

The members halt in caution but also desperate to reach out.

‘Why… are you all here? How did you get here?’ He asked.

‘We came through Wonshik’s Dreamscape in order to find you and Hakyeon-hyung,’ Hyuk told the older.

‘Hakyeon?’ Taekwoon looked at the other Hakyeon who stood by the younger members. ‘Then… you’re…’

‘Hyung, let’s go back home. We missed you.’ Wonshik said and tried to approach the older once more.

‘No! Stay back! DON’T YOU DARE COME NEAR ME WITH THAT THING!’

Taekwoon was frightened and alarmed as he realized that it was the Dark Hakyeon who was standing next to his members.

‘Taekwoon-ah…’ the Dark Hakyeon was shocked to see how terrified the other was.

‘Taekwoon-hyung, please don’t hate him. He’s done nothing wrong and he’s already gone through just as much as all of us. Please, let us come to you and let’s go back home together.’ Jaehwan pleaded in tears.

‘No!’

Suddenly, his strong refusal shook the grounds. The forest went up into flames through his rage and hatred. A black burnt forest rose into the sky and the boys were terrified for their lives.

The vocalist refused strongly to be near any of s and especially near the ‘fake’ Hakyeon. He was falling through into the darkness and drew a wall of fire which divided him and the others.

‘Hyung please stop! You’re going to get hurt!’ Hyuk cried in despair. He wanted to reach out and save Taekwoon but the flames were too strong and high for him to approach.

‘Just leave me alone!’ Taekwoon grew desperate and cried out. His tears caused the flames to go up even higher and stronger than ever.

Rather than hurting the members though, it was as if… he was trying to burn himself alive within Dreamscape.

‘No! You can’t, Taekwoon-sshi!’ the Dark Hakyeon pleaded. ‘I know I have done you wrong and I know you will never be able to forgive me. I don’t ask for forgiveness for what I have done to you and your members but please, think about the others. Think about Cha Hakyeon! They love you!’

‘Love me? Then why did they accept you and throw Hakyeon away?!’

‘We didn’t hyung! There’s no way we can do that! Please stop this fire!’ Jaehwan begged desperately.

‘No!’

The flames were rapid as his sadness grew. The members were struggling to get through to save the vocalist while the latter was trying to erupt into flames.

Taekwoon’s tears could not stop falling. Both the pain in his heart and body was too much to endure.

He couldn’t find himself to forgive and he couldn’t forgive himself for being unable to forget.

‘Taekwoon…’ the Dark Hakyeon could not bear it anymore. The vocalist who was committing such self-destruction became too much for him to witness.

He pushed the others aside and rushed towards the flames.

‘Hyung!’ Jaehwan tried to hold onto the Dark Hakyeon but could not reach as the older went through the flames.

Immediately, the Dark Hakyeon’s body was burning and in flames. But seeing the vocalist in such a state was more painful anything.

‘No! STAY WAY FROM ME!’ Taekwoon yelled.

But the Dark Hakyeon refused. He rushed to hold onto the vocalist tightly and did not let go.

‘Stop…’ Taekwoon was struggling to get away from the other’s grasp.

Taekwoon was broken and so was the Dark Hakyeon, who could not do anything but hold him tightly.

‘I know I’ve done you wrong too many times now. Even I can’t find it in myself to forgive what I have done. But please think about those who care for you. Think about Cha Hakyeon. What would he do if he finds out that you tried to kill yourself here within the darkness? Won’t you miss him? Don’t you love him? How can you leave him alone?’ the Dark Hakyeon found himself in tears.

‘I… I do miss him! I love him too much! And…’ Taekwoon looked behind through the flames onto the other side. ‘I miss you all!’

The flames rose higher and higher, almost making it impossible for him to see the faces of s through the flames. He could see the others crying in despair and desperately wanting to save him. Taekwoon’s heart ached.

Just how long has it been since he’s seen the others’ faces?

He really did miss them. Miss them too much in fact. He finally realized just how lonely he has been without their laughter and joy. They weren’t just members of the same group but also his family.

‘Taekwoon-hyung!’ Hyuk cried out and tried to walk pass the flames. ‘Ahh!!!’

‘No! Sanghyuk-ah!’ Taekwoon was terrified as he saw the youngest willing to go through the flames for him. In a moment of desperation, Taekwoon found himself running towards the youngest and trying to save Hyuk.

Feared that Hyuk was going to get hurt, Taekwoon tried to disperse the flames he emitted. He found a path and rushed to the younger.

‘Hyuk-ah! Are you okay?!’ Taekwoon cried in worry.

‘Taekwoon-hyung!’ Hyuk jumped immediately to hold tightly onto Taekwoon and didn’t want to let go. ‘Hyung!’

Both Jaehwan and Wonshik rushed in to make sure they were both alright.

‘Taekwoon-hyung! Hyuk-ah!’ Jaehwan called out.

‘Jaehwan-ah…’ Taekwoon saw the tears in Jaehwan’s and Wonshik’s eyes. Their sadness was painful to watch and his heart felt guilty for causing them such pain.

Seeing s once more, the old memories and precious moments they had together came back to him.

Finally, they were reunited again.

~

He sighed in relief as he saw the four of them reunite once more.

This was the scene he wished to see all along.

Thank goodness. He thought as tears of relief fell from his eyes. Finally, everything will be restored to normal again.

He looked at the flames that vanished and smoke that disappeared into the night sky. He thought back at everything of the past, ever since the beginning of time just one last time…

Just once more…

‘Goodbye.’

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

*goes into my cardboard box to start crying*