Time

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Unlike the ‘Dark’ Hakyeon, the Dark Taekwoon was created from the darkness. The darkness within a person’s heart. He should have never existed in the first place until the descendent to the Underworld fell deeper into the darkness and created him.

Ever since the beginning, the only emotions he had were of rage and the thirst for power. Those were the ingredients to his birth and that was how he was created.

He thought it was unfair that his existence was nothing but revenge and hatred.

The real Jung Taekwoon hid inside of the shadows and while he fell into despair, he ended up creating the Dark Taekwoon. He left everything to his Dark half to decide. Being the Ruler of the Underworld was the only way to prove who Taekwoon was and the power he had inherited. So, when the Dark one was born, he decided to make his ‘master’ the new King.

The Dark Taekwoon had fulfilled all of his duties as the heir and ready to take over what was rightfully his and of the original Taekwoon’s.

However, he never would have thought that his ‘creator’ not only rose again from the darkness but also had a change of plans after reuniting with his beloved Cha Hakyeon.

‘So, are you going to throw me away now after all that I have done for you?!’ The Dark one was furious.

‘No, but… you cannot exist. You shouldn’t have been created in the first place.’ The original told him. ‘It’s my fault. It was my fault for being so weak and powerless.’

‘You! What about your powers?! The throne that your father left for you to inherit?’

‘I never had an interest of the throne in the first place. I have always resented my position and of my father who only treated me as a tool for inheriting his powers. I just want to go back. Go back to Pinewoods, where all my friends are at. Where my Hakyeon is as well.’

‘How can you say that? He tried to kill you too for that power!’ The Dark Taekwoon didn’t understand why the other was so persistent into going back to the mortal realm.

A world in which his Godly powers would become useless.

‘You’ll understand one day. Though Hakyeon and I have fought, he was also the one that saved me from falling too far into the darkness before it was too late. He was there when I needed someone by my side the most. I love him too much and I’m willing to do anything as long as I can be with him.’

But the Dark one never understood what his master meant by being ‘loved’ or to give ‘love’. Instead, the Dark Taekwoon only grew to feel hatred even more. His wrath and his power was the only thing he had to prove he existed.

He and the Dark Hakyeon eventually fought one another throughout the century as both were left inside of the Underworld. Power meant they exist and only the strongest will survive in the end. The Dark Taekwoon had always thought that he and the Dark Hakyeon was the same and that’s why both were so determined to use their dark powers to take over the worlds.

But soon, he realized that the other was nothing like him. Their reasons to fight was different from one another and that eventually frustrated him even more.

It’s not fair. Why didn’t you fight harder than? If that body was yours to begin with?! How can you be so weak? Where are your ambitions? What happened to revenge?

The Dark Taekwoon could not bare to see how weak the Dark Hakyeon had become after they were banished into Limbo. The other was still a child and a child could never be the Ruler of this world.

~

‘This place makes me sick! There’s nothing here except for these powerless and useless fools!’ The Dark Taekwoon punched the barriers that surrounded Limbo in frustration.

He was irritated about being trapped in this place rather than being executed. He would rather choose death than to wander in the world of nothingness. This place was a pure torture to him.

It was a place where he was tortured by both the presence of the Heavens and Hell.

‘Have you heard of a place called a Dream?’ A caped old man suddenly telling a story to all the lost souls of Limbo.

Dream?

It peaked Taekwoon’s curiosity and slowly approached the crowd to listen.

‘Humans and Gods alike, all have dreams. It could be their wildest fantasies and desires that no one would dare to image. Reality is cruel but a dream is not. It is a place of endless possibilities where all of your desires can come true.’ He told him.

What’s the use? It’s just a dream. It isn’t even real. Taekwoon thought that the story was becoming ridiculous.

‘Did you know that a dream can also be just as cruel as reality though? A dream-like nightmare?’

A nightmare… Taekwoon grew interested again.

‘When one is completely obsessed with their dreams and desire, they wish to never leave that world ever again. It is a place where one will eventually drown in their greeds and desires. It is a place where no one should ever be allowed to have freewill in. But if you have powers to control those dreams, the dreams of other people, can you imagine all the power you can wield in this universe?’

The ability to take over someone’s dreams…

Then, a thought hit the Dark Taekwoon while the other souls did not care of the old man’s story. Even though he didn’t think it was possible at first, he knew he had all the time in the world to prove whether that story was a possibility.

He searched the entire Limbo in hopes to finding a certain door that leads them to neither Heaven nor Hell. Rather, a door to those dreams. It wasn’t just the Gods he resented, but also the humans that helped the Gods banish him into Limbo.

After centuries of search finally led him to a strange mirror. A mirror that reflected those that ‘dreamed’.

As if the reflections of the dreams of the mortals were calling out to him, he leaped inside not knowing what to expect. When he first entered the place known to be a ‘Dreamscape,’ he was rather lost and confused. He was worried at first of whether or not he would be trap inside of someone else’s dream for an eternity but eventually, he decided to not look back.

He quietly watched the person’s dream, whose mirror he stumbled upon by accident.

‘What do you desire the most?’ The Dark Taekwoon whispered inside of the dream every night, trying to lure the other person to reveal their most darkest and most dangerous desires.

‘To rule the lands and be filled with the riches of the world,’ the man eventually told him.

The greed of humankind became intriguing to the Dark Taekwoon.

Mortals who once had nothing and was created by the Gods, eventually grew to value power and wealth. Their kinds evolved tremendously and their thirst for power increased.

Human greed was just as terrifying as the Gods that created them.

So, Taekwoon gave the man all he desired inside of the Dreamscape. Every night, the Dark Taekwoon would appear as a shadow inside of the man’s dreams. Then, he would pour gold and money inside of the man’s dreams and every night, that man fell deeper into his slumbers.

Taekwoon was rather amused at how easily the other was manipulated. He had his fun for a long time until he saw a familiar face that reflected in the man’s reality.

The reincarnation of Jung Taekwoon.

‘It can’t be!’ He could not believe his own eyes. Almost terrified to see his own reflection that appeared in the real world. Even after all this time, that face came back to haunt the Dark Taekwoon.

He found out that the man he was possessing, had been selling out the country’s information to the enemies in order to gain the wealth he desired the most. The man’s thirst for wealth was terrifying, to the point that he no longer cared for his own country.

Then, a war broke out in the human world and the Dark Taekwoon saw the countless battles that they were going through.

Six long years, he saw Taekwoon’s reincarnation battle with all he could as a human for his home country. When he heard the news that that Jung Taekwoon had died during the war, something sank inside of the Dark one’s heart.

He didn’t know how to react.

‘He’s finally dead!’ Finally! Everything will be mine now that he’s out of the way!’ The man shouted aloud and cheered for Taekwoon’s death.

What? How dare-

The Dark Taekwoon became irritated. He didn’t know why he was feeling that way when he saw how the man was rejoicing to the other’s death. Even though it was just a reincarnation, the Dark Taekwoon was still attached to seeing ‘himself’, even through the stranger’s eyes.

He became more irritated to find out that the man framed his own treachery on a dead man. The Dark Taekwoon was so angry that he no longer found it entertaining to control such a foolish man’s dreams. Instead, he decided to leave and make that man pay for his sins.

Karma.

He realized he had the ability to trap people within their own dreams and control their body while the other had fallen into sleep. If the person he possesses found more fulfillment inside of a dream than towards the real world, the Dark Taekwoon would be allowed access to possess that body entirely. Taekwoon saw the opportunity walk the Earth once more but he had no desires to becoming this man. Instead, while he was inside of the man’s body, he pretended to be someone he was not and surrendered himself to the country. He admitted to his crimes of selling out the country and framing the dead Taekwoon of that time.

‘You will pay for your crimes! Guards, take him away,’ the judge pointed at him.

It was exactly what the Dark Taekwoon wanted for this man. The final punishment for betrayal and greed. In front of the many eyes of the country that day, the man was to be hung.

This is what you get for being so stupid. Blame it on yourself for your sins and your greed!

Taekwoon said and returned the man’s conscious to his body. When the man awoke again, he was terrified to see where he was and what was about to happen to him.

‘NO! WHAT IS THIS!? IT CAN’T BE! IT-‘

It was too late.

That day was the day when the Dark Taekwoon felt anger once more. But rather than seeking revenge for himself, it was for someone else.

~

After the man had died, Taekwoon eventually went back into Limbo to wander again until he was able to find another suitable body to take over. He went from one person’s dreams to another, time after time while living the lives that did not belong to him.

Yet, he wasn’t satisfied. Something was missing amongst his journey through other people’s lives and dreams. The bodies he took over was not his and though he was in control, he was not himself.

One day as Taekwoon decided to head back into Limbo to rest, he bumped into someone familiar.

‘Ow! Who the-‘ the other said.

‘You’re…’ Taekwoon was shocked to see such a familiarity after so many centuries had past. Just how long has it been since he’s seen someone he could recognize. The only person who knows of the Dark Taekwoon.

The other pretended to not have seen him and turned around to walk away. Immediately, Taekwoon grabbed his wrists and refuse to let the other out of his sight.

‘Let go!’ the other started to struggle from Taekwoon’s grasp.

Taekwoon couldn’t help it for some reason, a smile appeared on his face the moment he met the other again.

‘It’s been awhile,’ the Dark Taekwoon said to the Dark Hakyeon.

While Taekwoon reunited with the Dark Hakyeon again, he found out that the latter had forgotten all about his revenge despite the fact that he was the true owner of the body named Cha Hakyeon.

How can you forgive so easily? Shouldn’t you take back what was yours to begin with?

Taekwoon was afraid. He was afraid that the more this Dark Hakyeon gave up on his revenge, the other would eventually disappear before him as well. The Dark Hakyeon was the last person to know of the Dark Taekwoon’s existence.

‘Don’t you want revenge? I can help you.’ Taekwoon reminded the latter and proposed the deal between the two of them.

Eventually, Taekwoon was able to get Hakyeon to remember his revenge especially since the latter was so desperate for existence since the beginning. But it did not turn out the way the Dark Taekwoon had initially planned. He thought that as long as this Hakyeon was able to retain another Hakyeon’s body, the Dark Hakyeon could walk the lands again while the Dark Taekwoon helped him from within the shadows.

Neither have thought that the dreams and lives that they finally decided to take over, had bonds that were even stronger than those of their ancestors.

Everything they saw within the leader of VIXX’s dreams were such a mystery that it was bewildering for the two Dark ones. Unlike any other humans that Taekwoon had possessed in the past, the 21st century Hakyeon was greedy not for wealth nor power but rather, a simple love and affection from those he cherished.

He’s so different… why? What happened to all the greed of humanity?

Cha Hakyeon, the leader of an idol group called VIXX was unlike any other human that the Dark Taekwoon had encountered in the past. He worked hard over and over again despite all the letdowns he has had in the past. Not once did he give up with his dreams. He had desires but rather than having someone else give him what he wanted, Hakyeon wanted to earn it through his hard work instead. He loved everyone around him and especially on s. Members that were supposed to be strangers to him. He placed everyone else above him and only thought for the others’ sake.

But when Hakyeon began to fall in love with a person he should not have, he fell into a dilemma. He didn’t know what to do.

‘This is our chance,’ the Dark Taekwoon told the Dark Hakyeon.

‘… I don’t know about this,’ the other was uncertained.

The Dark Taekwoon could understand the other’s hesitation and maybe they should choose another Hakyeon instead if they wait for another century or two but Taekwoon could not wait.

His time was running out.

He was beginning to disappear.

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Shout out to 'If You' if you guys know where this chapter was coming from :)

Daily Reminder: Please stream the MV as well as the album on Melon, Genie, Naver and Bugs. 

Another Reminder to vote vote vote for all music sites such as Show Champion, Music Core, Inkigayo, Mnet Japan, MCountdown and more! Especially for Show Champion, we really want to give a win for them on the May 24th episode as their present <3