Oh Boy

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank champagnemami___ , tabbymoerringhun, and mikito for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The view through her glass windows is just picture perfect. Even from high above, Tiffany can still see those vehicles below running in good condition. Skyscrapers shone silver in the morning sun and the sky was an unbroken hue of blue.

Tiffany smiled as she glanced at the skies as it reminds her of Taeyeon and their well spent weekend. She’s happy that even just for a while, they were back from being young and free again. Being with her best friend reminds her to enjoy her life and seize every moment that she have, and she doesn’t mind to spend all of her moments with Taeyeon, even though there was a short moment of disruption from Jessica.

She didn’t want to admit it but she was happy to see her old friend. It was just her jealousy that blinded her. How can she just act nice when she sees her best friend having fun with someone she just met for a while whereas it took her days to make Taeyeon laugh with her jokes? Tiffany shook her head. Maybe next time she sees Jessica, she’ll apologize to her.

“Miss Hwang. The car’s ready.” Tiffany was pulled out from her reverie when the voice of her secretary informed her through the receiver.

She grinned as she glanced at the scenery in front of her for the last time and left her room with an excitement on her face.

Tiffany heaved a sigh as she gets down from the car. She takes a glance at the restaurant where she is standing right now. She’s meeting her dad after a long time. She can’t even remember when was the last time they get to see each other. He’s a busy man, and she’s glad that he still got the time to see her even with his hectic schedule.

Tiffany walked inside the restaurant with one of her dad’s assistant. He led her to the VIP room and as soon as he opened the door for her, she squealed like a little girl after seeing her dad. “Daaaad!”

Her dad chuckled at her childish action and welcomed Tiffany with his arms wide open. “Here comes Hwang Corporation’s future!”

Tiffany ran her way to him and hugged him. Her dad patted her back and said, “I’m glad that you’ve got time for your old man. How’s my Stephanie?”

“You’re kidding, right? You know that I can’t refuse you, Dad. I’m fine.” They broke their hug and sit to their respective seats.

“I know that you’re hungry so I prepared your favorite foods for you.” Her dad stated as he noticed her already munching those foods prepared on the table.

She heard him made a low laugh then he said, “I heard from our people that you’re doing well. I’m so proud of you Stephanie.”

Tiffany looked at him for a while and smiled as he praised her with her job.

It took her less than thirty minutes to finish her meal. Her dad was just staring at her all the time so she rushed eating. Tiffany took a big gulp on the lemonade and wiped the sides of . Then she looked at her dad who has been staring at her the entire time and then asked him as she suddenly remembered, “By the way, your secretary told me that we’ll be meeting some people.”

He nodded at her. His aura changed a bit as the door from behind opened and someone spoke. “I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, Sir. My driver got us lost on our way here.”

The voice sounds very familiar to Tiffany that it reminded her of someone. Mr. Hwang leaned back to his chair and replied, “It is okay, where’s your father anyways?”

“His flight got delayed. But he said the he will make it up to you once he gets here in Seoul. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience, Sir.” The guy sounded apologetic as he reasoned out to Mr. Hwang. Tiffany bet he’s nervous that her dad will reject his family’s business proposal.

“Don’t worry, Buck. Just tell your father to play golf with me this weekend.”

Tiffany’s eyes got big as soon as she heard what her dad just called him. That familiar voice and accent, that name. SheI turned around to see the guy’s face. “Oh, before I forgot. I want you to meet my youngest daughter, Stephanie.”

Nichkhun looked surprised as Tiffany is the moment they saw each other’s faces. Tiffany doesn’t know if it’s her or him but she felt the tension in the air. Mr. Hwang stands up from his chair and talked, “Stephanie, meet---“

“Khun.” She stands up and called his name warily.

Tiffany observed how Nichkhun tried to hold himself and greeted her, “Oh. Tiffany-ssi.Annyeonghaseyo.”

Mr. Hwang raised his eyebrow in surprise and asked, “You two know each other?”

“He’s my---“

Tiffany was about to tell her dad about her and Nichkhun but he cut her off and said, “We attended the same university and graduate school, Sir. Tiffany-ssi is my sunbaenim.”

Mr. Hwang turned his gaze towards his daughter to confirm Nichkhun’s words. She nodded then he said, “That’s good. Then I can leave the two of you alone, then?”

“Why Dad, where are you going?”

“I’m going to visit one of our subsidiaries today in Ilsan. I hope you don’t mind if I take my leave, Buck.” He patted Nichkhun’s shoulder and hugged her.

Before leaving, Mr. Hwang gave his daughter a look as if telling her to behave and be nice.

‘Oh God, if he only knew about Nichkhun and me.’

 Tiffany just gave her dad a reassuring smile and then he left with his bodyguards leaving only the former lovers in the restaurant.

Nichkhun and Tiffany are just staring at each other as they wait for one of them to start the conversation. All those pent up feelings that she had for him came back in a flash. They were just like that for a few minutes until she finally initiated. “Hi.”

Tiffany sees that Nichkhun’s trying to stifle his laugh as he bit his lip but then he just smiled at her and said, “You’re being too awkward, Miyoung-ah. It’s the first time we’ve seen each other again and you’re just giving me a ‘hi’?”

She didn’t expect him to act casual like this. She’s expecting a Nichkhun who hates her for not doing anything to save their relationship. She’s expecting that he would loathe her for not giving her all to him. But here he is, smiling sweetly in front of her like nothing’s happened between them in the past.

Tiffany mustered all the courage she has and started to converse with him like a usual friend. “So, when did you come back? You should’ve told me that you and my Dad know each other.”

“Uh, about that, I didn’t know that Mr. Hwang is actually your dad. I thought that it’s just a coincidence until I saw you today.” Nichkhun explained himself and grinned.

‘Oh, that smile, I missed seeing him smiling like that.’ Tiffany admitted to herself that she had missed him. But she still feels guilty after seeing him again.

“I’m sorry, Khun.” She looked down as she apologized at him. She’s too pathetic to face him right now as she starts getting emotional.

A few seconds later, Tiffany felt Nichkhun’s warm embrace all over her. He patted her back lightly and comforted her. “It’s okay, Miyoung-ah. I’m okay.”

Then he pulled out enough to see her soaked face and wiped those tears that escaped from her eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She told him like a little kid who had done wrong to her dad.

Nichkhun ruffled her hair and slid his arm to her shoulder and said, “If you’re sorry then you should treat me outside. I want to eat some grilled eel and bingsoo.”

“Right now?’’ She asked him in apprehension. Tiffany badly wanted to make it up with him as a friend but as she take a glance on her wristwatch, it’s impossible.

“Are you meeting with Taeyeon noona right now?” He asked as if he has read her mind.

Tiffany gave him an apologetic smile and then he said, “We can do it next time. Let me drive you at least.”

“I brought my car with me, Khun.” she told him confidently but then as they walked out the restaurant, she remembered that she was just retrieved by one of the company cars in the office.

He chuckled as he sees her devastated face. “It’s okay. Just tell me where to go. I’ll drive you wherever Taeyeon noona is.”

She looked at him with prying eyes. “What?”

“I’m just bothered. You keep on addressing Taeyeon as your noona even though you’re a year older than us. It just doesn’t make sense.”

“And you’ve only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter