Once In A Lifetime

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been an hour since they have arrived at the Han River Park right after sending Dean to the airport. It came to Taeyeon that since they are already outside, they should use this time and spend it together. She even sent a text message to Sooyoung asking her if Tiffany has any remaining appointments this afternoon, and luckily their friend told her that she has no other meetings for today but she only has a few documents to sign.

The two of them walked quietly around the park. Taeyeon somehow finds it weird that her girlfriend’s loudness and bubbly attitude is out of sight. This version of her girlfriend makes her uncomfortable and intimidated in some ways, just like other people see Tiffany.

Every second of Tiffany’s silence starts to kill Taeyeon. She tried initiating skinship with her but Tiffany just won’t reciprocate her touch. Then, it came to Taeyeon that her girlfriend is still pissed for playing with her earlier. She knows that she shouldn’t have done it. Tiffany’s playing along with her but it seemed like she’s really jealous with Dean.

Taeyeon didn’t know how she could initiate a conversation with Tiffany until she sighted an ice cream stall nearby the park and get her idea.

Taeyeon almost immediately approached Tiffany and held her wrist. Her girlfriend frowned at her and coldly said, “What?”

Taeyeon dragged her girlfriend to a nearby bench and let her sit. She smiled at Tiffany saying, “You wait here. I’ll be back and get you something.”

Tiffany just let Taeyeon to go on her way and leave her in the bench. She didn’t mind asking her on where she’s going. For all she knows, her girlfriend is trying to find something just to persuade her.

Tiffany actually had already calmed down a while ago. She’s ready to chat with Taeyeon earlier but since she noticed the wariness from her girlfriend’s actions, she thought that it would not harm if she continues with her cold demeanor and make Taeyeon do something for her.

Since it’s still office hours, there are only few people around the park. Tiffany enjoyed the view in front of her – the calmness of the river, the blueness of the sky, and the smooth flow of the traffic in the city.

A few moments later, Tiffany felt her girlfriend’s presence as soon as the bench stirred a bit.

“You know, you didn’t have to be jealous with Dean.”

Tiffany was about to disregard Taeyeon but she just can’t resist her girlfriend’s cute puppy eyes and the strawberry cheesecake ice cream that she’s holding. She takes the ice cream from Taeyeon’s hand and sighed, “I’m sorry but I can’t just really help myself to feel insecure everytime I remember that he tried courting you before.”

A smile curved up on Taeyeon’s lips when Tiffany accepted her peace offering. She knows that Tiffany wouldn’t able to resist anything in pink. She just stared at her girlfriend enjoying her ice cream. Seeing Tiffany like that just makes Taeyeon satisfied.

Taeyeon leaned at the bench’s backrest and looked at Tiffany. “You know that it was like a long time ago. You didn’t imagine strangling him, did you?”

Tiffany stopped from scooping the ice cream using her spoon and looked at Taeyeon with a grim expression on her face. “No. I was imagining on strangling you for siding with him on purpose.”

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah. I just find it y when you’re jealous.” Rather than looking apologetic, Taeyeon was grinning at her.

“Huh, really.” Tiffany scoffed bitterly. She shakes her head and continued eating her ice cream.

When Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany’s not talking to her anymore, she bit her lip and started thinking. It didn’t take a minute until an idea came to her mind. “I know what will make you forgive me.”

Tiffany finished her ice cream and placed the empty cup on the trash bin. She faced her girlfriend with her eyebrow raised. “What?”

The couple strolled their way on a nearby toy store in the district. Tiffany wondered why Taeyeon brought her there.  She thought that her girlfriend will bring her to the department store and let her do a shopping spree but surprisingly, they are in a toy store, a place that could be considered as Kim Taeyeon’s haven aside from the arcade and the hospital’s rooftop.

“So, you brought me to a toy store to forgive you? You’re kidding me again, Tae.” Tiffany said uninterestedly.

Taeyeon shakes her head and sarcastically said, “No, I’m not.”

“We both know that you’re the one who’s interested in these kinds of stuff between the two of us.” Tiffany stated the obvious and looked at Taeyeon’s eyes that shined brightly like a kid.

“But you promised one of my patients in Pediatrics before that you’ll buy him toys.” Taeyeon smugly reminded her.

Tiffany’s eyes furrowed as she took in what her girlfriend just stated. Then her eyes widened as she remembered that she actually promised one of Taeyeon’s patients when she visited the hospital last week. “Wait. Oh my. Is Kyungkyu’s birthday today?”

“Wow. I’ve never seen you like this before. You never acted like this on my birthday.” Taeyeon sighed and pouted like a little kid who’s being disregarded by her mom.

Tiffany just finds her girlfriend acting cute that she wanted to kiss her right now, but they’re in a public place and she doesn’t want the both of them to be criticized especially when they are in a country where people don’t accept homoual relationships yet. So Tiffany just flicked her girlfriend’s forehead and said, “Pabo-yah. I never forget your birthdays. Wait, are you jealous with Kyungkyu, a kid?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Kid my . He’s already eight years old.”

Tiffany just raised her eyebrow and jerked her head to the side, inspecting her girlfriend’s childish attitude. “Since when did you start hating kids, Kim Taeyeon? I thought you love them?”

The both of them started to walk around the store and find some appropriate gifts for Kyungkyu and the other kids in the ward, which is located at the boy’s section of the store. There were toy cars, lego assembles, waterguns, robots, action figures and other various items as they passed by.

Taeyeon stopped for a moment when she set her eyes on the latest edition of PlayStation displayed on right in front of them. Tiffany already knew what her girlfriend was already thinking and said, “No, Tae. You’re not going to buy that. You got the previous edition and you barely use it.”

The glint in Taeyeon’s eyes disappeared upon hearing her girlfriend’s remark. She doesn’t want to argue with Tiffany just because over a petty thing so she just continued on walking on their way.

A few seconds later, Taeyeon stopped from her tracks when Tiffany told her to stop and come see the thing that caught her eyes. She approached her girlfriend and looked at her incredulously.

“What?” Tiffany said as she saw her girlfriend giving her that look.

“You’re giving him a drone?” Taeyeon said with her voice went higher as she emphasized the last word.

Tiffany just nodded innocently and said, “Why? Is there a problem? Did he tell you that he doesn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter