Friends

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank jung_soona for upvoting this fiction and you all for subscribing. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany’s been coming home late these days. Every time Taeyeon passes by to the library, Miss Jung always informs her to just go home. She understands her, knowing Tiffany. She doesn’t want to be disturbed in something that she’s focused on to.  But she’s been spending a lot time with Nichkhun lately for their thesis and it bothers Taeyeon so much knowing that Nichkhun has an ulterior motive for this. She just can’t tell Tiffany because telling her everything will lead her in confessing her real feelings for her.

Today’s Sunday which calls for a free day. Taeyeon went out of her room to see how Tiffany is doing. She was about to see her in her room when she saw her sitting on the floor in our living room, her laptop in front of her and papers scattered around her.

Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief. She hates it sometimes when Tiffany’s overdoing everything. She’s just giving herself some stress.

 Then she walked towards her direction and lied down on the couch and asked, “So, how’s your thesis doing?”

“It’s doing fine. I’m done interpreting the results. We just have to make our conclusion and recommendation.” Tiffany replied briefly as she arranges every detail of their paper.

“That’s good.” Taeyeon nodded then pushed herself into a sitting position, “Ah, right. Fany-ah, do you want to go shopping later?”

“I want that but Yuri called a while ago. She said you still have ten more shifts until graduation, including today.” She said as her full attention is still on her work.

“O-kay.” Taeyeon said with a hint of devastation.

She stopped from whatever she’s doing and sighed. Then she apologetically looked at her best friend and said, “Let’s just go shopping after your shift tomorrow, besides I’m going to meet Nichkhun today.”

“Wae?” It’s Sunday. She wanted to remind her that. But she doesn’t want to sound strict so she kept it that way.

“I need to give him his copy of the thesis.” She pointed at what she was doing at her laptop.

She jerked her head to the side and casually said, “Why don’t you just e-mail it to him?”

“I’m planning to finish our thesis today, Taeng. And I want to discuss things with him to make this thesis perfect.” She grinned, her infamous eye smile showing up again.

“You’re smiling like that again. Don’t tell me, omo. Do you like him?” Taeyeon forcefully , not wanting Tiffany to sense any jealousy coming from her.

“He’s handsome and nice.” She said as if she’s imagining Nichkhun’s pretty face right now, then she looked at her with those eyes, “Wae? Will you allow me to go out with him?”

Taeyeon just shrugged and lied back on the couch as she says, “Sure. Go on. It’s not like I’m your mother or something.”

“Why, my best friend sounds overprotective.” Tiffany made a low laugh then she fixed her things and closed her laptop. She stands up and shook Taeyeon’s arm saying, “Go and get changed. I’ll send you to the hospital.”

“I do have my own car, Miss Hwang.” She lazily said to her.

“I know, Miss Kim. Let’s just use my car. Besides, we’re going out after your shift tomorrow, right? Just go. I’ll wait for you at the parking area.” Tiffany said in an authoritative voice.

Taeyeon glanced at her and sees that she’s raising her eyebrow on her. She grunted and finally stood up.

“Fine.” Taeyeon said and walked back to her room to change.

Theyindeed used Tiffany’s car on their way to the hospital. Taeyeon asked her to make her drive instead but Tiffany just told her to stay put and let her drive for her. She smiled at the thought and just followed. They started singing to the songs on Tiffany’s playlist as they take their drive.

A few minutes later, Tiffany halted the car in front of the hospital’s entrance and said, “We’re here! Bye boo.”

“Ne. See you tomorrow.” Taeyeon unbuckled her seatbelt. She didn’t want her to leave yet but she has no choice. So she just opened the door and left.

--

Irene’s been enjoying the music on her earphones as she drinks her frappe when someone plugged out one side of her earphones and sat down to the chair across to her. It’s one of her best friends, Wendy. She gave her a brief smile and said, "I'm really sorry if Yeri, Joy and I didn't show up at Lotte World two weeks ago."

Irene turned off the music playing in her ears and placed down her phone on the table as she sincerely said, "It is okay. Yeri left me a text that day. And I also received your congratulatory presents."

"Oh, right. Do you like them?" Wendy said and took a sip from the drink that Irene ordered for her just a while ago.

"Mmm. I appreciate them. Thank you Wendy-ah.” Irene said in appreciation.

"You're welcome unnie." She giggled then looked at the empty chair beside Irene,“Wait, where's Bogum oppa? Isn't he coming?"

"No. He's at his acting classes." Irene nonchalantly said, as if she’s already used to it.

"Again?Wait, don't tell me he also didn't show up on Lotte World?" Wendy said in speculation. Irene knows that Wendy will nonstop curse Bogum if he didn’t appear.

Irene played the straw in her drink and said, "He said he won't make it but he appeared."

Wendy sighed in relief and asked, "So, how was your date?"

"It's not a date. Tiffany unnie and her friends are with us." Irene implied.

"Ah, right. I saw her post that day on Instagram with her best friend." Wendy said in comprehension and interest.

There was a few seconds of silence between them until Irene blurted, "Do you think it'll still work for us?"

Wendy looked at her friend who’s kind of wandering her mind outside. She didn’t know why her friend suddenly brings up this serious matter, but still she asked, "What do you mean?"

Irene heaved a sigh and glanced at her friend. She smiled and said, "Bogum and I. We always lack time for each other."

Wendy didn’t know what to tell her friend. She knows that it is hard for Irene to always adjust in her relationship with Bogum. She once told her to already stop but she still holds him. Irene stared at her as if waiting for her to answer. Then there she saw Kang Seulgi entering the café, what a nice timing.

"Oh, Kang Seulgi! Over here." Wendy waved her hand to her other friend and smiled.

Seulgi saw her friend waving her hand so she smiled and waved back too. As soon as she approached Wendy, she saw Irene sitting in front of her.

She swallowed and asked herself, ‘What is she doing with Wendy here?’

But then she mustered up her courage and greeted, "Oh. Annyeonghaseyo."

Wendy shifted her gaze between Irene and Seulgi and asked in surprise, "Wait, you two know each other?"

"No." "Yes." Irene and Seulgi said in chorus. They contradicted each other’s answer which made Wendy’s eyebrow rose.

"She's Tiffany unnie's best friend's sister. She's with us in Lotte." Irene said in defeat, not wanting to argue with Wendy.

"Oh, really?” Wendy reacted exaggeratedly even though she’s already aware of her two friend’s conn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter