When I Was Younger

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Taeyeon was younger, all she wanted to become a person who devotes herself on making other people safe and happy so she decided that she needs to be a doctor just like her father. Never did she expect that there would be changes in her dreams and her life until that summer came, when the grade school headmaster came into the laboratory with a girl named Stephanie Young Hwang.

Taeyeon is having some troubles on what she is going to do. She loves Tiffany. There’ no doubt in that. She loves Tiffany so much that she will do anything for her, even if it means for her to let her go. It crossed her mind that maybe, just maybe if she stopped growing her feelings to her own best friend then things could still be the same way or much better.

Taeyeon doesn’t know what to do now that Tiffany has known about Mister Hwang’s plan. She just hopes that Mister Hwang on tell his daughter that she already knows about everything, that she has agreed to follow his favor even though that she was just forced to do it for everyone, and for Tiffany.

[<<] FLASHBACK

Taeyeon’s on her way back to her office room to change and get some rest after assisting the chief doctor on a coronary artery bypass operation. She can’t wait to lie down on her couch and chat with Tiffany while having her break. The thought of hearing Tiffany’s voice is enough to put a smile on Taeyeon’s face.

Her thoughts of her girlfriend were interrupted when a familiar man called her name. Taeyeon stopped from her tracks and turned to her side to see that it was Tiffany’s father’s personal assistant.

When the man has discerned that he finally caught her attention, he smiled and said, “Miss Kim. Are you free?”

“Oh, ahjussi. Tiffany’s not working here. Is everything alright?” Taeyeon messed around. She already sensed that there’s something wrong going on but she decided to stay positive.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Miss Kim. Master Hwang wants to meet you.” The man told her tersely, his smile already gone.

The man’s sudden formality and news made Taeyeon nervous. She is well aware that Tiffany’s father is not really a fan of homoual relationships, though his mind is westernized, his beliefs are still the same just how a normal Korean citizen does.

It made Taeyeon think on why Mister Hwang wanted to meet her because the last time she remembered, she and Tiffany hadn’t talk about coming out to their parents yet.

The smile on Taeyeon’s face slowly disappears and she asked, “Uncle… I mean, Mister Hwang? R-right now?”

“Ne. Are you busy right now?”

Taeyeon’s in a mental breakdown at that moment. She wanted to freak out but she can’t let herself act weak this time. She convinced herself that it’s nothing serious and Tiffany’s father is just paying her a visit for being his daughter’s best friend.

“Ani. I just finished my operation. Is it okay if I change first?” She replied with a subtle expression.

“Yes, Miss Kim. Mister Hwang will be waiting at the recreational area of your hospital.” The man informed her.

Taeyeon nodded in response. She immediately left and went her way to her office and get changed. She doesn’t want to make Tiffany’s father to wait so she quickly changed into her comfortable yet presentable clothes and moved her way to the hospital’s recreational area.

By the time she arrived at the hospital’s recreational area, there she automatically spotted a lone man sitting in the corner, no guards with him. By the looks on his face, she thinks that Mister Hwang’s already prepared on how he will get rid of her on his daughter’s life.

She wanted to be optimistic about his visit but she can’t help herself to feel uneasy. Taeyeon’s aware on how the Hwangs are meticulous with their time and they consider every second important to them. She can’t think of any reason that Mister Hwang would waste his time just to talk to her knowing that he can’t provide enough time for his own daughter. It just made Taeyeon to put up a conclusion that Mister Hwang has been updated on his daughter’s whereabouts and he’s here to talk her about it.

Taeyeon took a deep breath and approached Tiffany’s father. The moment she reached him, she bowed and politely said her greetings, “I’m sorry for keeping you wait. It’s been a pleasure to see you again, Mister Hwang.”

“You’re not calling me Uncle Hwang anymore, I see. Have a seat.” Mister Hwang said with a curt nod.

Taeyeon obliged and took her seat across the businessman’s seat. She grasped her hands under the table to stop them from shaking.

A few minutes have passed and none of them were talking. Taeyeon thinks that Mister Hwang wanted her to talk first so she began, “About Tiffany and I…”

“I want you to stay away from Stephanie, Taeyeon.” Mister Hwang finally spoke, telling her directly what his purpose for seeing her today.

She’s already aware that this will happen but she wasn’t prepared for it. Taeyeon feels that if she’ll at least try to fight for her and Tiffany, Mister Hwang will reconsider their relationship. “I… I’m afraid I can’t do that, Mister Hwang. I love your daughter and she means everything to me.”

The businessman heaved a sigh and nodded. He looked at Taeyeon with a thoughtful expression and calmly said, “I know that it’ll be hard for you, but you have to do it.”

“So, you want me to leave Miyoung alone and hurt her?” She tried again. She knows that Mister Hwang would not want to hurt his own daughter.

“Did the both of you consider what the public will think if they knew that the daughters of Hwang Corporation and Kim Group are in a relationship? It will ruin both of us, Taeyeon-ah. It will also ruin the reputation of your friends’ family companies. I know that if this thing keeps up, it will be bad news when it reaches your father.” He advised her.

Taeyeon put into her mind all of those words that Mister Hwang has told her. He’s right. She and Tiffany hadn’t considered those factors as they haven’t talked about it yet. They don’t even have the time to talk about it.

She kept silent for a moment and deliberated everything. Mister Hwang noticed her silence and continued to speak, “You’re a good kid, Taeyeon. You are a smart girl. No one is going to suffer if you let go of Stephanie.”

His words suddenly s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter