Baby Steps

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank brontese, Fiefasya,  malina, fourever2ne1, Stoopid_MiYaNG and kendappa127 for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're not mad at me or Taeyeon unnie." Seulgi stated the moment she takes her seat beside Irene who's busy watching a musical variety show.

Taeyeon paid them a visit last night and Seulgi thought that it was going to be bad knowing that Irene is a loyalist when it comes to Tiffany, but it turned out that her girlfriend doesn't have any hard feelings with her sister. Irene was even the one who kept Taeyeon company for the entire night, talking medical stuffs.

Irene put down the volume of the television and asked her girlfriend. "Why? Do you want me to?"

Seulgi shakes her head and said, "No, no. I'm just curious. You should be at least mad at me for not telling you about my sister's whereabouts."

Irene placed her hand on Seulgi's and gave her a reassuring stare. "Well you are not obliged to tell anything to me, Seul. And you know how much I respect you and Taeyeon unnie."

"But I lied to you and to Tiffany unnie." The other girl replied guiltily.

"If you're feeling guilty about it, you should do something for them."

"Tiffany unnie is probably mad at me too. She may not even talk to me even if I'll ask her." She worriedly said as everyone of them is well aware of Tiffany's pride and stubbornness.

"I'll help you. Actually, I already have a plan." Irene stands up from the couch and manually turned off the television.

Seulgi jerked her head to the side and said, "Really? What is it?"

Irene gave her a lopsided smile and playfully said, "I can't tell you all the details but I already talked about it with Yoona unnie and Sooyoung unnie."

"But you told me to do something for them." Seulgi frowned when her girlfriend is teasing with her.

"Yes. Do something for them when we get there. And just don't lie to me ever again. Be thankful that I'm not stubborn and closeminded like my cousin." Irene said and heaved a sigh.

"Well, I am always thankful to have you. I'm sorry again, Joohyun-ah." Seulgi lovingly said to Irene and gave her a brief but tight hug.

"It's okay. Let's go." She said with a smile, taking Seulgi's hand.

Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows and naively asked, "To where?"

"My family's beach house at Eurwangni. Our plan commences today." Irene said with a grin.

Seulgi looked at her girlfriend in surprise and said, "What? But I haven't prepared my things yet."

Irene lightly pinched her girlfriend's nose and ruffled her hair. "I already did it for you. I packed last night."

"You did?" She asked in amusement.

Irene nodded and went back to their room for awhile to get their things. She didn't close the door so she could still speak to Seulgi. "Mmm. When you were sleeping. Let's go. We're still going to get the other kids. I don't want to upset Tiffany unnie any further."

Seulgi followed her girlfriend inside the room and asked, "Kids? You mean Joy, Yeri, and Wendy?"

"Yep. I told Tiffany unnie that they wanted to see her. I even told her to bring along Sooyoung unnie with her. I think she won't doubt it because the girls are close with Sooyoung unnie."

-

"Ya, Fany-ah. Are you not done yet?! I've been waiting here since forever!" Sooyoung impatiently asked as she's been waiting for awhile outside Tiffany's bedroom. She does her best to act normal so Tiffany won't suspect a thing, though she's already aware that there is no way that Tiffany won't suspect.

"Taeyeon won't be there, right?! You didn't dare to set me up again, did you?" Sooyoung smiled to herself when Tiffany's great sense of setting her up with Taeyeon grows up as time passes by.

"Oh come on. What are you saying?! You were the one who contacted me last night to come with you!" Sooyoung smoothly lied. She didn't like lying with Tiffany but she has to, if it is the only way to make her love for Taeyeon to dominate over her hatred for her.

"I'm doing my best to avoid her in this house since she came back, Soo! I go to the office early and arrive at home late. I just don't want us to hurt each other. You know how hurtful my words can be." Tiffany shouted enough for Sooyoung to hear her outside.

"Oh. So that's the reason why Taeyeon can't see you in the mornings." Sooyoung mumbled.

"What!" Tiffany shouted as she didn't clearly hear what Sooyoung just said.

"Nothing! I'm just asking you on what's taking you so long? Hwang rest house is just next to the beach property of the Bae's. I know you have your SOS stash there in case you want to run away." Sooyoung casually stated as she waits for her to come out.

"Whatever. Let's go." Tiffany said as soon as she appeared with the now fully opened door.

Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows as her friend's small handbag and frowned. She held Tiffany's wrist and stopped her. "Wait. That's all you are going to bring? After you kept me waiting outside the door for an hour?"

Tiffany shakes her head and chuckled at her friend's hilarious expression. "I'm already wearing a bikini underneath. As you mentioned earlier, our rest house is just next to my cousin's. And duh, don't you see that the door's opened? I didn't tell you to not come in."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and removed her grasp on Tiffany. "But you told me to wait. Semantics."

"But you see that the door is opened." Tiffany smirked.

Sooyoung knows that there's no point in arguing with Tiffany like this so she just let it go. "Fine. Let's go. I'm starving. I'm just accompanying you because I heard from Yeri that Wendy baked some stuff. And you know barbecue parties are the best."

The two left Tiffany and Taeyeon's apartment and drove to Eurwangni using Sooyoung's car as the owner has insisted to use hers. After their almost an hour ride from home to the beach, they finally arrived at the Bae's private beach property in Eurwangni.

"So you really just accompanied me just for the food, huh? It seems like everyone's here." Tiffany sarcastically stated as she unfastened her seatbelt and stepped out from the car.

Sooyoung turned off the car's engine and unfastened her own seatbelt. She stepped out from her car and innocently replied to her friend's sarcastic remark. "The more the merrier, right? It's only Sunny that I called last night. I swear."

Tiffany folded her arms and gives Sooyoung an inquisitive look. "How can you explain Yuri and Yoona's car?"

She's already aware that it is starting to get on Tiffany's nerves but she kept herself composed and gullibly said, "Uh, they are your cousin's colleagues?"

Tiffany already sensed that there's something odd happening. She is well aware that Yoona and Yuri rides together whenever they go to work or anywhere, and Yoona rarely uses her car.

Something tells Tiffany to go and leave Sooyoung here, that this is just another setup for her. But the moment before she speaks, Yeri and Wendy appeared.

"Fany unnie! Syoung unnie!" Yeri cheerfully greeted at the both of them as they approached the two.

"Oh my god! Are we late? You saved some food for me, right?" Sooyoung exaggeratingly asked Yeri, using this situation to get out from Tiffany's dagger-like stare.

"Shikshin unnie." Wendy teasingly said to Sooyoung and then smiled at Tiffany. "Hi, Fany unnie."

Tiffany softened her gaze and puts down her hands. She told herself that it is inappropriate if the younger ones will witness something like this so she let herself calm and smiled at the two."It's good to see the both of you again."

Wendy and Yeri smiled back in response. As if remembering something, Wendy began to talk, "Seohyun unnie and Hyoyeon unnie's with Joy grilling the meat and making some barbecue near the ocean. If you want to join them---"

Sooyoung didn't even let Wendy talk and takes Yeri's hand. "I will definitely join them. Let's go, Yeri-ah."

Tiffany sighs in disbelief and shakes her head. She'll absolutely tell Sooyoung to improve her lying skills next time in a way that it isn't too obvious to her.

"Ah. Taeyeon unnie's with Seul and Rene. Do you want me to call Taeyeon unnie for you?" Wendy innocently asked.

Her smile almost faded at the mention of Taeyeon's name, but she reminded herself that Irene and Seulgi's friends are not very much aware of everything that happened between her and Taeyeon and they're innocent.

"No. It's okay, Wan-ah. Where are the others?" She asked her instead.

"Sunny unnie and Yoona unnie are preparing at the cottage. Yuri unnie is with her cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter