Dumb Dumb

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Six months have passed and everything between Taeyeon and Tiffany went back to normal. Taeyeon didn’t even bother asking her best friend about the breakup with Nichkhun. As much as she wanted to know the reason of their breakup, she doesn’t want to pry into Tiffany’s private life.

 

Tiffany knows that Taeyeon has been dying to ask her about the issue but her best friend still disregarded it. She admires how Taeyeon respects her and gives her space that she needed. But there are times that she wanted to tell her best friend about the reason of her breakup with Nichkhun. She wants to tell her that she’s the reason of it, that Nichkhun thinks that she’s in love with her.

 

Even though it’s already been months, her ex’s words still haunt her every day.

 

Tiffany has tried putting up serious conversations with Taeyeon, hoping to bring up about it. But every time she initiates the talk, Taeyeon starts to kid around and answer her vaguely which made Tiffany shove off the thought of Taeyeon having the same feelings with her. She thought that maybe Nichkhun’s just being too attentive on her closeness with Taeyeon and has mistaken it for something.

 

It’s a Saturday morning and the both of them are in the living room watching the rerun of Tiffany’s favorite drama. Tiffany’s sitting on the couch while Taeyeon’s lying on it, her head resting to Tiffany’s lap.

 

“Tae, have you ever thought of dating someone?” Tiffany suddenly voiced out her thought. She mentally scolded herself for being careless and prayed that her best friend will take her question normally.

 

Her best friend’s sudden question almost caught Taeyeon off guard. She wasn’t expecting Tiffany to ask her such thing but still she managed to say, “Why do you ask?”

 

Tiffany sighed in relief when Taeyeon’s tone was still the same. She Taeyeon’s hair and continued watching as she replied, “Nothing. I’m just curious.”

 

“Why would I need to date someone if I already have you?” Taeyeon said in a muffled voice.

 

“Huh? What did you just say?” Tiffany wasn’t able to hear what Taeyeon has just said. The advertisement on the television got her distracted plus Taeyeon’s voice was too low.

 

‘I guess she didn’t hear it. That was close.’ Taeyeon sighed in relief.

 

“I’ve thought about it before.” Taeyeon replied, but louder this time so Tiffany could hear her.

 

Tiffany’s eyebrows instantly furrowed to her best friend’s answer and looked down at her. “Really? When? And with whom?”

 

‘You.’ She wanted to tell Tiffany but she didn’t dare to say it. Taeyeon avoided eye contact with her and said, “You know Yuri’s cousin? Hyuk? I almost considered dating him but I just thought that we’re too young for that.”

 

“Oh. He’s a cute guy though. The two of you look good together.” Tiffany didn’t lie. Yuri’s cousin is a cute guy and if she’s just that oh so supportive best friend, she would have paired Taeyeon to him. But that’s not the case. Tiffany is one jealous and possessive best friend. She wanted to keep Taeyeon all by herself.

 

‘Do you mean what you have just said, Fany-ah?’ Taeyeon’s mind voiced.

 

“Really? Well, you should’ve told me that you’re okay with him so that I could have reconsidered his confession.” Taeyeon nonchalantly said which earned her a slap in her arm courtesy of Tiffany Hwang.

 

“Ya. You don’t need my permission. I’m not your mom or something.” Tiffany scolded her.

 

This time, Taeyeon met Tiffany’s gaze. She reached for her hand and interlocked fingers with hers. “You’re my best friend. Your opinion is important to me.”

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh and said, “Then I should’ve asked your opinion before saying yes to Khun.”

 

“Hey. It’s already been six months. Haven’t you moved on yet?” Taeyeon asked worriedly. She didn’t intend to make Tiffany feel bad but there she is, making her best friend remember her ex boyfriend.

 

Tiffany just loved how Taeyeon worries about her. She gave her a megawatt smile and said, “I’ve already moved on with him, boo. Don’t worry about that.”

 

Then the two of them went back on watching the series that they were watching before they miss the story’s . An hour later, Taeyeon noticed that her best friend’s not paying attention anymore to what they are watching as she is unconsciously fiddling with their hands just right now.

 

“What are you thinking?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“You.” She bluntly replied.

 

“Huh?” Her eyebrows automatically creased in surprise and confusion.

 

Tiffany shook her head and grinned, “I’m just happy that I can hang out with you like this again.”

 

“Oh, that. I’m just really busy at the hospital. I’m sorry.” Taeyeon replied guiltily.

 

“It’s okay. What’s more important to me right now is that we’re talking to each other again.” Tiffany replied as she tucked back the loose strand of Taeyeon’s hair under her ear.

 

“Well, we’re still talking to each other even when you were dating, Miss Hwang.” Being the bully that she is, Taeyeon replied cynically.

 

“I know. But you’re being too sarcastic with me, even right now.” Tiffany pouted.

 

‘Did she notice it?’

 

 Taeyeon somehow got nervous that Tiffany might have found out that she’s trying to disregard her before. “I thought you already get used with my sarcasm?”

 

Tiffany didn’t replied but instead released another statement. “And you’re being cold with me.”

 

Taeyeon gulped in alarm. ‘So you really did notice it. Your so stupid, Taeyeon.’

 

 She sighed and looked at her best friend who’s still wearing a sad expression. Then she pulled herself up from Tiffany’s lap and sits down properly, facing her best friend. She boldly placed a kiss on her best friend’s temple and smiled, “I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry too.” Tiffany sincerely apologized. She knows that she has been insensitive too at Taeyeon before and she feels responsible if she won’t apologize.

 

Before Taeyeon could notice her flush, Tiffany diverted the topic and said, “By the way, are you sure that it’s okay with Seulgi not going to her event? We still got an hour before the show starts.”

 

“She said we didn’t need to come anymore so I didn’t bother.”

Taeyeon lied. When she told her sister that she and Tiffany aren’t coming to her last musical performance, the younger girl dissed her.

 

Taeyeon knows that the show is important to her sister, but she really doesn’t feel like going. It reminds her the last time she went in her sister’s show where Tiffany and Nichkhun were flirting with each other.

 

“Okay. So, what do you suggest we do today?” Tiffany asked excitedly. It’s been a long time since she got Taeyeon just for herself and she feels thankful about.

 

“Walk around Yeouido Park and just go to the grocery. I’ll cook you dinner for tonight. Or do you prefer eating outside?” Taeyeon suggested and asked.

 

“I prefer you cooking.” Tiffany grinned, her eyes turning into crescents again.

 

-

 

It’s already been months after Irene’s breakup with Bogum and since then, Seulgi never left her side. They even became more comfortable and closer with each other as time passes by. They always go out together, whether it may be with their same circle or friends or just the two of them. Irene also visits Seulgi or vice versa at home whenever she has free time from work or whenever Seulgi’s at home alone and they’ll end up binge watching drama series on Netflix until the next day comes.

 

Today is exceptionally important for the two of them as Seulgi will be having her last performance as a student performer to focus on her academics. Irene has promised her friend that she’ll be there for her so she asked the hospital a week ago to give her a day off, and the administration has allowed her to go as it’s still her first time to ask a time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter